Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer  (Read 10431 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:20 pm »

Chapter 1: The Descent

Turn 12

Urist, I know you can't reach the wasp in time so try this instead. Throw your sliver dagger at the wasp attacking Ralphina. I'm sure you can do it.

Now you rot, Finish off that wasp next to you with your bone revolver.

Finally Ralphina, kill the other wasp that's right next to you with your bayonet.

"Right! Hey little bug-guy! CATCH!"

"Usually fishing an unequipped item out of the inventory takes a movement action and provokes AoO, but since there are no baddies around Urist and he has no plans on moving, this is not an issue. What might be a problem is that Urist is not particulary skilled at throwing daggers at all, much less off his back, so he dosn't get any attack bonus on this particular action, but luckily he comes up with a natural 19 and manages to strike the bug! The dagger inflicts 4 damage and 2 Holy Damage, leaving the Wasp at 1hp!"

"Ah man... not quite enough. Bummer."

"I WILL CUT YOU OPEN AND BATHE IN YOUR INNARDS, MORTAL FILTH!"

"Natural 20!!!!!! Ralphina swings her bayonett, which is usually a stabbing weapon, with such force and accuracy that she cleanly bisects a nearby wasp! The other nearby wasp gets buffed of course, but with only 1hp, it will surrender if Rot manages to kill the other one."

"If I manage to kill the other one? At point blank range? Puh-lease."

*thwip*

"True to his boastful word, Rot easily manages to put a bolt through the insect's compound-eye and into its brain, killing it dead!

Which means..."

"MERCAH! MERCAH! Ba-GAH I SURRENDER!"

"Okay. First of all, the choice of if you die or suffer the even worse fate of joining the party is totally up to the players, and I suspect they will get chemistry with a frenzied out Ralphina for letting her kill you.

Secondly... wasps don't talk."

*Click*

"I WILL GRIND YOU INTO PASTE AND USE YOU AS WARPAINT, MORTAL INSECT!"

"Bzzzzt! BZZZzzzt!"

Party Information and Bestiary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:02:49 pm by Weirdsound »

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2015, 02:33:55 pm »

Ralphina! Murder the insect! Bathe in its blood! We have no use for such a weak, pitiful creature!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2015, 02:40:27 pm »

As a sentient waspman myself, I say we let the fellow join the party, imagine how useful his venom could be. Also, his boosted movespeed would be nice as well.

Think of how cute he would be. Who's a good wasp, you are :3

Also Ralphina, think of how fast you'll move when he finally does kick the bucket.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:42:00 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2015, 02:49:28 pm »

As a sentient waspman myself, I say we let the fellow join the party, imagine how useful his venom could be. Also, his boosted movespeed would be nice as well.

Think of how cute he would be. Who's a good wasp, you are :3

Also Ralphina, think of how fast you'll move when he finally does kick the bucket.

"Thinking bad... Mercy Bad... MUST KILL WASP DEAD!"

-2 Chemistry between Ralphina and heydude6

"Yeah... I wouldn't try to reason with her until the encounter officially ends and she calms down."

Tombsice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2015, 05:31:48 pm »

The only reason I see not to take the wasp is that it might eat our food. But we can have it killed next battle distracting our enemies and getting a double move.

Wasp bad. But venon good. Venon kills the mortals. Makes their pittifull hearts fail them. Venon comes from wasp. Wasp violently pierces flesh with stinger. The mortal's bodies sucumb to venon. They fall and uselessly clutche their chests. The venon coarsing trough their blood rids them of their filthy lifes. Wasp not so bad.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2015, 08:14:02 pm »

Chapter 1: The Descent

Turn 13

The only reason I see not to take the wasp is that it might eat our food. But we can have it killed next battle distracting our enemies and getting a double move.

Wasp bad. But venon good. Venon kills the mortals. Makes their pittifull hearts fail them. Venon comes from wasp. Wasp violently pierces flesh with stinger. The mortal's bodies sucumb to venon. They fall and uselessly clutche their chests. The venon coarsing trough their blood rids them of their filthy lifes. Wasp not so bad.

"Well that breaks the tie and ends the encounter. I will allow Ralphina to calm down before responding to that logic..."

"W-woa... Erm... wow, that felt good. Erm... Yes. Venom can be quite beneficial in battle, and I know enough about local wildlife to say that these things can get nasty if they manage a level up or two. I'm sure Buzzy Cannonfodder will be better company than the dudebro dwarf anyway."

"I bet that venom will go good in a specialty drink... or shot."

"Be my guest and try to extract it..."

"BZZZZZZZZZZZT!"

Buzzy Cannonfodder, the Giant Mountain Wasp, has joined the party!

Encounter Clear!
+8 Wasp Chitin Plate (Drop)
+4 Meat Rations (Butcher)
+1 Paralytic Venom Gland (Scrounger)
+1 Broken Wooden Wagon Axle (Scrounger)

All Debuffs have ended!
Urist retrieves his dagger!
Rot Feeds himself on the corpses after the fight!
None of the baddies have any bone in their bodies! Rot cannot reload his Revolver Bonebow without sacrificing a bone item!

Rot has Leveled Up!

Ralphina has Leveled Up!

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

---

"Wait... weren't we going to get an extra bonus prize for fighting extra wasps?"

"Oh... um... right.

Hey, Vileus! The party cleared the path for you! Why don't you come over and reward them!"

"Why? I already gave them a very expensive slave!"

"Because I said so, I run this world, and I'm not above abusing that. Just out of curiosity, you do care for your family, right?"

"Eeeeep... Well... um... I suppose us undead need to look out for one another in these difficult times. Tell you what Rot, I'm not going to give you another thrall, but I there are a few other favors I would be willing to perform on your behalf.

I could, for example, take a minute and compare map notes with you. I might be able to help you find some of the rooms in this dungeon with cool stuff in them.

I could also write you a letter of introduction to a notable figure down in Footsborough, the city at the bottom of this road. I know several prominent members of the undead and demonic communities down there, and a good word from me might help you out...

Lastly, I have a crate of junk I was going to sell to a tinker contact I know in the bandit clans, but I could just give it to you instead."

Choose One of the Following:
Vileus Compares Maps with The Party - Choose 4 rooms in this dungeon. Their contents are revealed.
Letter of Introduction to Camellus - Camellus is a vampire who runs a mercenary company in Footsborough. She might be able to set the party up with work... or new allies.
Letter of Introduction to Atemallop - Atemallop is a Mummy Priest to the various death gods who has taken it upon himself to look after the various refugees fleeing goblin lands. He should be able to help you all resupply or point you in the right direction if you seek to aid your fellow undead.
Letter of Introduction to Bleakfang - Bleakfang is the code name of the highest ranking member of the Demonic Inquisition in Footsborough. He could help you join the spy agency/secret police force of the demons, and could likely point you in the right direction if you would rather join the regular demonic legions instead.
Box-O-Junk - Contains 9 items for your tinkering pleasure.

"Alright. It looks like you all need to pick abilities for Rot and Ralphina, a bonus prize from Vileus, and the next room to visit in this dungeon. If comparing maps with Vileus wins, we will re-vote on which room to visit next after revealing the new information.

Wiki will be updated once everything is decided."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:00:40 pm by Weirdsound »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2015, 08:32:56 pm »

Voting:
Rot: Point Blank Shot Totem-Crafter
Ralphina:Tactical Maneuver
Vileus: Box-O-Junk
Direction: South/Down

---------
When Rot uses "Tinkerer" do we need to state what we're making or do we get a random item?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:06:15 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2015, 09:00:13 pm »

"Well, not quite random... but I make things based on the materials I'm given. For example, if I make a Wand Core and use it as a component for crafting, odds are I'll make a wand... or at least something that uses a magical core. Also the ability you are voting for should be called Totem-Crafter. That must of been an error on the GM's part. "

"Goldarnit... Let me fix that."

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2015, 09:04:29 pm »

Voting:
Rot: Point Blank Shot
Ralphina:Tactical Maneuver
Vileus: Box-O-Junk
Direction: South/Down

---------
When Rot uses "Tinkerer" do we need to state what we're making or do we get a random item?
+1
Rot should switch to his shotgun for now. Don't want to waste the ball and socket joint we can use for the health wand.

Let's try and tinker 2 chitin plate and one hard ass leather together and see what we get.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2015, 10:56:11 pm »

I guess I'll support the above but I would rather give a letter of introduction to bleak fang and have Ralp's ability be dire frenzy than the currently proposed ideas.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2015, 11:25:21 pm »

The problem with Bleak Fang is that the party isn't exactly stealthy. We have Rot, who uses guns and explosives. Ralphina, who uses guns and explosives. And Urist, who, alcholoism aside, is it exactly James Bond.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2015, 11:28:43 pm »

I'm fine with Strawbarrels suggestion, save 1 Point.

Ralphina should learn Ralph+
It is currently the only undead healing ability that we have, and even allows us to increase our following. We definitely want to capitalize on that.

+1 to Nuclearwhale's crafting attempt
Not sure what we will get, but I figure it could be worth it, nor should we miss that stuff.

On Ralph - does it only work on mammals, or could we turn the wasp, should we find reason to do so?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2015, 12:22:26 am »

"Throwing a bunch of raw material together without any sort of moving part or power source isn't going to make anything too cool... although it looks like I'm getting the Totem Ability, so I could make a totem with the leather and chitin."

"My ralph works on any living thing I care to spew on! I've even turned plant monsters before with it!"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2015, 01:28:58 am »

I say we get the letter to the mummy-priest. We want to help our fellow undead! Fight those pesky goblins, and show them what it means to have a backbone! Pun intended!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2015, 02:14:10 am »

I'm fine with Strawbarrels suggestion, save 1 Point.

Ralphina should learn Ralph+
It is currently the only undead healing ability that we have, and even allows us to increase our following. We definitely want to capitalize on that.

+1 to Nuclearwhale's crafting attempt
Not sure what we will get, but I figure it could be worth it, nor should we miss that stuff.

On Ralph - does it only work on mammals, or could we turn the wasp, should we find reason to do so?

+1
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8