Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1687250 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1860 on: May 10, 2016, 11:46:54 am »

I wonder, if going full missiles will ever end up awful for me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: May 10, 2016, 11:51:22 am »

Point Defense.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1862 on: May 10, 2016, 12:02:34 pm »

Point Defense.
Yep. I ran up against a junta which used almost all missiles and torps, the light PD I had on my ships was able to handle a large portion of their fire and I trounced them. Badly. Like my 1k stack took out 3k power of their ships losing only 2-3 ships.

The answer of course is to get armored torpedos or diversify, and every PD turret I carry is less damage I can put out

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: May 10, 2016, 12:35:52 pm »

Welp, having told myself that I didn't need to buy Stellaris this month, I have (after reading through this thread and various reviews, while avoiding spoilers) caved less than 48 hours after release and bought it.  Doh.  :P

At least I kept in line with my self-enforced policy of not pre-ordering anything any more.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 10, 2016, 12:39:57 pm »

So how do I get to creating genetically modified super soldiers?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: May 10, 2016, 01:17:02 pm »

Is anyone else having serious pauses/freeze in the late game?  Also, the RPS weapons are unimaginably stupid, I just lost 13k of high-end laser ships with heavy armor and shielding to half its point value in missiles and solid shell, never mind that I outnumbered them two to one and had a very nice force distribution.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: May 10, 2016, 01:18:01 pm »

So how do I get to creating genetically modified super soldiers?

A few techs, but the real answer is: find a pre-warp civilization of warrior people, infiltrate it/kidnap some cows, wrangle them into your army and profit: I ended up with an industrial era glacier world full of strong, friendly squid people and a water world full of strong, xenophobic ratmen. So far they have rolled over all the militaries they fought (provided the accompanying fleet strips away the planetary defenses)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: May 10, 2016, 01:39:24 pm »

So...they actually have even more warhammer 40k references.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I think I'm about to get hit with a galactic invasion.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:31:31 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: May 10, 2016, 01:53:39 pm »

Also, someone added in a basic play as androids mod.
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to see what mods hit first. I'm looking forward to the UI mods that will make it just a little bit better. I already see one that expands the research screen which might be really nice.

Also was talking to Aklyon about potential multiplayer sometime? Probably with a bigger group?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:04:12 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1869 on: May 10, 2016, 02:03:37 pm »

Currently sitting at 91 enslaved alien pops. I use them to make new colony ships and send them off, still enslaved, to colonize a planet my people don't like.

It's a bit silly, and very overpowered until they make slaves sometimes rebel

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: May 10, 2016, 02:34:31 pm »

Currently sitting at 91 enslaved alien pops. I use them to make new colony ships and send them off, still enslaved, to colonize a planet my people don't like.

I have a ton of slaves: I took decadent at char gen and have to make sure every planet has either a slave or a thrall of my own people.  I still haven't figured out how to move populations around though. Is that even possible? I've seen emigration happen spontaneously, but I cant seem to say, empty out a conquered world and send all the inhabitants to slave across my empire.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: May 10, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: May 10, 2016, 02:48:18 pm »

I still haven't figured out how to move populations around though. Is that even possible?

You can move your pops around, at the cost of influence.  First you have to make sure you have the correct Resettlement policy setting.  Second you need to have a Planetary Administration building on both the source and the destination colonies.  Then you go to the pop you want to move, click on it, and click the Resettle button (it's next to the Enslave and Purge buttons) which will bring up the interface for moving pops (via click+drag) from one colony to another.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1873 on: May 10, 2016, 03:09:03 pm »

I have a ton of slaves: I took decadent at char gen and have to make sure every planet has either a slave or a thrall of my own people.  I still haven't figured out how to move populations around though. Is that even possible? I've seen emigration happen spontaneously, but I cant seem to say, empty out a conquered world and send all the inhabitants to slave across my empire.
I'm up to 149 slave pops now. They officially outnumber my primary species 2:1.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: May 10, 2016, 03:09:55 pm »

Hm...my population got purged by the galactic invaders, why am I getting both unhappiness on my people and other races call me genocidal?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 632