Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 165

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 198507 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #1635 on: October 21, 2017, 06:08:55 am »

Oh darn and here I thought I had snuck onto all the politic threads already. Also, how is Australia part of Europe at all?
They fall under the British crown. If ever the Brexit happens, Australia will stop being Europe

Not since the Australia Act of 1986. Since then, Britain cannot legislate with regard to us and vice versa; and the Queen may not make any decision (other than indirectly via our Governor-General).

Also, Paxie: uh, we're here because we're a European cultured nation with a very sizable European immigrant population, as well as uh, I dunno, we really like Eurovision.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 21, 2017, 06:17:08 am »

get your regular dose of revolution vaccination or you might just catch a Europe infection

current infection rates are at 25.6% and have increased over the last few years, despite the best efforts of Spain, Britain, and Turkey

ignore Russia's vaccine, though. we have enough cases of Russian zombie virus already
  I'll just leave this here http://forgetcatalonia.eu 
*runs away*
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 21, 2017, 08:55:12 am »

The fuck..?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 21, 2017, 10:09:11 am »

Its satire, for the record. Catalonian TV is protesting EU's tacit support of Rajoy's repression
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 21, 2017, 11:21:57 am »

Oh, I really hoped that was the case.
Love, scriver~

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: October 21, 2017, 02:50:49 pm »

ptw
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 05, 2017, 01:53:52 pm »

The International Olympics Committee is still somewhat miffed about the Russian government's attempts to cheat.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/05/568585759/russia-faces-2018-olympics-ban-as-ioc-rules-on-widespread-doping   

Entertainingly, Russians in 2018 will not be allowed to compete under the Russian flag.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 05, 2017, 02:09:10 pm »

The International Olympics Committee is still somewhat miffed about the Russian government's attempts to cheat.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/05/568585759/russia-faces-2018-olympics-ban-as-ioc-rules-on-widespread-doping   

Entertainingly, Russians in 2018 will not be allowed to compete under the Russian flag.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Since there's no way in hell Russia would admit anything that labels it as guilty while Putin and his people remain in office, it effectively means Russia's participation in the Olympic Games is officially over.
Rip in piss, Russian Olympic team (1994-2017).

The idea of boycotting the 2018 games should any Russian athlete be barred from participating was already floating in the Russian media, though. Also, due to current anti-Western sentiment, anyone who would dare compete under the Olympic flag should better apply for political asylum afterwards - their participation would be considered high treason by many in their homeland.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:13:20 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 05, 2017, 02:12:55 pm »

Now we just need the controversy to spread to the World Cup and bring about the apocalypse for every country except the US and the Netherlands.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1644 on: December 05, 2017, 03:31:38 pm »

SPORT APOCALYPSE

In the future, no nations shall compete in the Olympics. Every Athlete will compete under the Olympic flag. Every year the Olympics will be hosted on the island of Bermuda in the middle of the Atlantic, which will be purchased by the IOC and renamed Olympialand.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 05, 2017, 04:32:39 pm »

Now Russia needs to react in its style... hmmm.... I know! They should ban all damned westerners from competing Football World Cup!
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 05, 2017, 05:51:45 pm »

I'd be really down with just making it an Athens thing again, like it was originally.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 05, 2017, 05:59:39 pm »

You just want to see the athletes compete naked, don't you?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 05, 2017, 06:04:13 pm »

Maybe...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1649 on: December 05, 2017, 06:09:42 pm »

inb4 turkish oil wrestling
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 165