Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Mission 25: Void  (Read 27374 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 25: Void
« Reply #210 on: January 01, 2016, 05:20:08 pm »

To Fearless Leader Miyamoto: "Right, think we're in range? Anyone there? Anybody alive? The stopping thing seems to have worked, unless the bean's snuck up on us somehow. So if we suddenly lose contact, it could be because it smacked into us. Just as a disclaimer."

"With that in mind, how've you been, general? Still truckin'?"

Fall back into line and resume trucking on.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 01, 2016, 05:31:29 pm »

((Not in comm's range, sorry! (man, I'm really the herald of annoying news in here ain't I)

Unless pw allows a small timeskip, it'll be a few turns of travel before you catch up to us.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2016, 05:54:39 pm »

O Algis...

"Brace for impact, brothers!"

DOOOOODGE
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2016, 12:59:39 pm »

O Algis...

"Brace for impact, brothers!"

DOOOOODGE
[2]

The glowing mass of invisible spaghetti (it sounds weird when I say it outloud) hits the ship.  There is a long moment of very odd feelings for everyone on board. Deja vu, vertigo, a feeling of having to sneeze, ears ringing even in people that have no ears, and the singular sensation of someone punching you in the stomach. Then nothing. The ship appears intact, no one seems injured...but you're also not near any beacons and there's no response on the coms.

((I think Spazyak meant his multi-role weapon, which is basically sword fused with laser rifle.))
((Yep, I did))

So nav runs in for a punch, trips and sprawls towards spaz. Spaz capitalizes on this opportunity by yelling "Bwah!" and accidently dropping his sword before nav falls on him.

Great job, a win all around.

To Fearless Leader Miyamoto: "Right, think we're in range? Anyone there? Anybody alive? The stopping thing seems to have worked, unless the bean's snuck up on us somehow. So if we suddenly lose contact, it could be because it smacked into us. Just as a disclaimer."

"With that in mind, how've you been, general? Still truckin'?"

Fall back into line and resume trucking on.
Coolio. Well, steady as she goes then. Drop buoy, cause why not. Also provide commentary on their little fight as needed.
We'll assume you truck for one turn in the direction you were. As per now, throw toaster's ship onto a completely random space, no momentum, random heading.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2016, 01:42:47 pm »

Truckin'! Got my chips cashed in! Truckin' like the do-dah man!

Just keep on keeping on, in any case.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2016, 01:46:04 pm »

((I'll update our locations tomorrow, but to be clear, you want me to roll randomly to pick a new location for team toasted and put that on the wiki?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2016, 01:46:41 pm »

Brother Lars looked at the instruments on the ship.  "Hmm... brothers, I think we may be lost."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2016, 01:51:37 pm »

kick him while he's down and hit him with mah shield!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2016, 01:57:24 pm »

Kick the sword away. Grab his leg that is kicking me with 1 arm. Grab his shield with other 5 arms and twist.

I just remembered we should be fighting in zero G.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:39:13 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2016, 12:59:34 pm »

Ship coordinates updated. New coordinates for team Scrupulosity, brought to you by random.org: (65,39) and looking 'to the left', aka as if looking along to x axis toward (0,0).

We keep going, place buoy.

Also pw, would it be possible for you to tell us how many turns of movement we get before something happens? Mostly because if we keep going at 1movement turn per update at best, this is really gonna go too slow. So eg. we have three full movement turns, then x happens.

"Guys, I have seen some stunning displays of martial prowess over the years. This was not one of them. Let's try that again."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:26:56 am by Radio Controlled »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2016, 03:10:50 pm »

Brother Lars looked up again from studying the displays of the ship.  There was only one obvious course of action.

Pray to Steve and Cog-azaon for illumination on what the correct heading was from here.  Point in that heading and accelerate ahead full.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2016, 06:41:21 pm »

"At least we aren't dead in the void. I'm coming back in now." Jason says as he turns to enter the cabin of the ship. He stops when he notices a strange box that he could have sworn wasn't there before.

Open the box. If it isn't something extremely dangerous and deadly to myself or the non-metal people of the team, go back into the main area of the ship with it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2016, 07:42:11 pm »

What exactly can we do with the buoys? could we leave a message on one that another team could read? If so we should put a message stating what happened and what direction we should go.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2016, 12:12:53 pm »

Alright, we're nixing this thread for something more interesting. Head back to the on the ship thread.

Oh, and vote here:

http://strawpoll.me/6544077

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2016, 12:49:25 pm »

Alright, we're nixing this thread for something more interesting. Head back to the on the ship thread.

Oh, and vote here:

http://strawpoll.me/6544077
According to the poll results I get there are 249 votes for 'something weird and alien'.

Something tells me that's not entirely plausible.

Can somebody check if it's a problem on my end, or a bug (or a very dedicated script)?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16