Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008544 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1560 on: April 03, 2016, 11:56:16 am »

Not to mention Germany as it is exists just fine despite the scars of the east-west divide. You can practically feel the air change in Berlin itself as you're walking around. So far as I know they've not come to blows over that sudden cultural diversity.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 03, 2016, 12:47:54 pm »

You can trace Merkel's refugee-accepting anti-wall stance (and her economic stances) straight back to growing up as a child in East Germany, with the Berlin Wall, living under communism with the Stasi spying on everything and everyone, and finally experiencing its economic collapse and the fall of the Wall.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 03, 2016, 01:02:53 pm »

Obviously Jewish article.
It won't just settle on slandering you but wants you to pay to even see the slander!
Hitler did nothing wrong.

I assume you are just shitposting, right?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 03, 2016, 01:03:39 pm »

And that's a prime exemple of why I don't like the open shitposting in this thread.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 03, 2016, 01:05:12 pm »

No, he's been brainjacked by Tay.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1565 on: April 03, 2016, 01:56:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can trace Merkel's refugee-accepting anti-wall stance (and her economic stances) straight back to growing up as a child in East Germany, with the Berlin Wall, living under communism with the Stasi spying on everything and everyone, and finally experiencing its economic collapse and the fall of the Wall.
FREUD GO HOME

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1566 on: April 03, 2016, 01:58:47 pm »

I assume you are just shitposting, right?
Ye.
Though the question "why Yiddysh" was legitimate.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 03, 2016, 02:25:29 pm »

@LW: As you imply, theres still the problem of the replacement rate being below the replacement level, which is mainly due to the aging population (baby boomers) and other factors. So, really, you guys DO need some immigration, just not in that amount.

As for the whole cultural thing, yeah it would be assimilation, but it sort of looks more like a battle of attrition at this early point because the migrants in general aren't assimilating into the cultures of the various countries for various reasons. It's also possible for elements of the other culture to seep into the main (NOT talking about sharia here), but that takes time and generations.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 03, 2016, 02:52:30 pm »

@LW: As you imply, theres still the problem of the replacement rate being below the replacement level, which is mainly due to the aging population (baby boomers) and other factors. So, really, you guys DO need some immigration, just not in that amount.

The hit from having an aged population is temporary, but it's not something any country on Earth is going to be able to prevent. Only postpone. It's the inevitable result of the demographic transition. Flinching away from the blow now will only make it worse in the future, but it's already well established that very few people actually care about the future.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 03, 2016, 05:41:22 pm »

un equipo de más de 370 periodistas de un centenar de medios de 76 países ha estado analizando más de 11,5 millones de documentos internos del despacho de abogados panameño Mossack Fonseca, considerado uno de los cinco mayores registradores mundiales de sociedades 'offshore', especializadas en la evasión de impuestos.

"A team of 370 journalists from more than a hundred media enterprises has been analyzing more than 11,5 millions of confidential documents from the firm of the Panameñan lawyer Mossack Fonseca, regarded as one of the five biggest offshore society registerers, specialized in tax evasion

Brand news: it will likely take some time for this to get out to other countrie's media, but in Spain, a group of journalists has ended up uncovering a group of highly dubious "offshore companies" (you know the sort) that involves people from ALL OVER THE WORLD, including

- The King of Arabia and the crown prince.
- The sister of the King of Spain (senior)
- Both Vladimir Putin and the current president of Ukraine  (???)
- Leo Messi
- Jackie Chan
- The president of Iceland, as well as several ministers
- the son of Kofi Annan
- Several British MP

http://www.elmundo.es/economia/2016/04/03/57015f96e2704e830c8b45ad.html
http://www.eldiario.es/economia/implicada-trama-sociedades-fiscales-Panama_0_501500186.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:43:56 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1570 on: April 03, 2016, 05:43:21 pm »

- Jackie Chan
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 03, 2016, 07:14:38 pm »

English language source.

The Unaoil thing, now this. Corruption seems to be running out of places to hide.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:18:04 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 03, 2016, 07:17:26 pm »

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/03/472889872/massive-document-leak-reveals-offshore-accounts-of-world-leaders

NPR  article on it. Soooo many people are in for a shit storm.

Only 2 billion Putin?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 03, 2016, 07:39:44 pm »

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/03/472889872/massive-document-leak-reveals-offshore-accounts-of-world-leaders

NPR  article on it. Soooo many people are in for a shit storm.

Only 2 billion Putin?
No one as rich as he is would be dumb enough to put all of his ill-gotten money in one account.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 793