Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008546 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #8565 on: September 07, 2018, 09:47:05 pm »

But the most famous one is a tourist attraction! So they’re just trying to emulate that and get some tourist pennies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: September 07, 2018, 10:08:25 pm »

I... like that brightly colored figurine? >.>
It doesn't look horribly mangled or anything. It's just brightly colored. There are certainly worse examples of THIN YOUR PAINTS. This one looks like it was actually done with some care, which is about as much as I'd expect from a non-professional.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: September 07, 2018, 10:41:44 pm »

But the most famous one is a tourist attraction! So they’re just trying to emulate that and get some tourist pennies.
I  half suspect that might be the case. The one which became a tourist attraction? They made lots of money. So much money that in fact the priest in charge of the church is now in prison after he was found to have embezzled more than 180.000€. Also the media are overeager to report supposed half-assed restorations after the buzz, real or imagined. So yeah, mangling centuries-old heritage goods is the new ice-cube challenge, it seems.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8568 on: September 08, 2018, 05:47:06 pm »

"Lol we just destroyed priceless heritage WOOPS so dumb come pay us a visit"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: September 08, 2018, 07:04:17 pm »

At least this figurine painting at least resembles how stuff was painted in across pretty much across all of history except very recently. Churces were painted in bright gaudy colours exactly like that.

My concern here is the properties of the paints damaging the material of the figurine.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8570 on: September 09, 2018, 10:50:50 am »

OH NO NO NO NO NO
Jeremy Corbyn “showed off” a naked Diane Abbott to impress his Left-wing friends when he was a young Labour activist, a new book has revealed.
The Labour leader invited fellow activists to his London flat where they were “shaken” to find Ms Abbott in his bed, one of his friends recalled.
AND THOUGH I WALK THE VALLEY OF DEATH I FEAR NO DOOM FOR I ESCAPE THE HORROR OF THE NOW

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: September 09, 2018, 11:37:34 am »

Is this the same politician who got stuck with the claim that he stuck his penis into a severed pigs head or something? Or maybe that was a different politician, I forget.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8573 on: September 09, 2018, 11:39:01 am »

Is this the same politician who got stuck with the claim that he stuck his penis into a severed pigs head or something?
Nah that was Cameron

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: September 09, 2018, 11:45:08 am »

Is this the same politician who got stuck with the claim that he stuck his penis into a severed pigs head or something?
Nah that was Cameron

Right. It simply reminded me of that similarily out there claim.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: September 09, 2018, 11:46:41 am »

He did do it to impress his friends though. If he did it.

Which of course he did. This is English universities we're talking about here.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: September 09, 2018, 12:13:47 pm »

Anybody have a good place to watch the Swedish election results? Preferably with a map.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: September 09, 2018, 12:32:20 pm »

Sweden

lol

Guardian has coverage, but no map:
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: September 09, 2018, 12:40:21 pm »

I was planning on posting the results when it was over.

I predict the Sweden Democrats becoming the weighmasters of the new government, resulting in a right-wing coalition government between the four parties thay have worked together since the last rwo decades (calling themselves the Alliance) that while they nominally refuse to let SD be a part of it still require SD's blessing to not fall. Then, somewhere down the line, SD will attempt to use that power to pull the rug out from under the coalition and cause a crisis of government with the goal of breaking up the Alliance and then being able to work more closely with the less staunchly neo-liberal parties (which is all parties except the falsely named Centerpartiet, which is the in my opinion furthest right wing (but not the most conservative) lparty in Sweden). Next election after this will see SD grow to second biggest party in the riksdag.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:48:36 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8579 on: September 09, 2018, 12:46:47 pm »

The attackers screamed at terrified Emilia Orpana calling her a whore and a racist as she campaigned in Nynäshamn, 35 miles south of Stockholm.
antifa here to save you from pregnant ladies

When it became clear Ms Orpana was being threatened, members of the other parties present at the polling station came running to help out.

Ms Orpana said: “I feel grateful to my colleagues from the other parties for running over to help.

“It was a fine democratic act. They showed that any act of violence is not acceptable no matter whom you’re voting for.”
Good job Sweden
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 793