Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001938 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #10875 on: July 03, 2020, 05:03:51 am »

So when's Putin gonna become the new tsar

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: July 03, 2020, 08:06:54 am »

he doesnt need to do a napoleon.

he has most of the power, indirectly or not.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: July 03, 2020, 08:16:44 am »

gays are not allowed to marry per the Constitution
Since when were they allowed to in the first place? There were, unfortunately I'd say, no changes in that area, it stayed illegal as before. And honestly I didn't vote and urged my friends to not vote either. They complied.

We need a second third revolution where we kill Putin and his cronies. Preferably after I escape this accursed country. I fucking hate it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:03:01 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: July 03, 2020, 09:07:08 am »

https://twitter.com/LabConcerner/status/1278990910391488513

Since when were they allowed to in the first place? There were, unfortunately I'd say, no changes in that area, it stayed illegal as before. And honestly I didn't vote and urged my friends to not vote either. They complied.

We need a second revolution where we kill Putin and his cronies. Preferably after I escape this accursed country. I fucking hate it.

Yep.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: July 03, 2020, 09:56:20 am »

He is... really unpopular among most people younger than 30 from what I've seen. And his supporters aren't immortal, they will inevitably die off or become too old to care. The opposition keeps growing too. In any case I hope communism doesn't return because the USSR was even worse than this. But the commies do have a point. So do the Putinists. And the liberals. And almost every other ideology. An ideal state combines what works from a lot of ideologies.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 09:58:35 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: July 03, 2020, 11:42:29 am »

He is... really unpopular among most people younger than 30 from what I've seen. And his supporters aren't immortal, they will inevitably die off or become too old to care. The opposition keeps growing too. In any case I hope communism doesn't return because the USSR was even worse than this. But the commies do have a point. So do the Putinists. And the liberals. And almost every other ideology. An ideal state combines what works from a lot of ideologies.

Depends on how you combine them. Stalin kind of showed that having an authoritarian capitalist in charge of a communist country works out badly (parasitic relationship).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10881 on: July 03, 2020, 01:35:30 pm »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: July 03, 2020, 02:56:49 pm »

Wide mir is wide
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10883 on: July 05, 2020, 05:19:21 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All right who stole Merkel's snaccs

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: July 21, 2020, 10:35:52 am »

Coronavirus recovery fund tentatively agreed upon. I say tentatively, since it still needs to go through both national parliaments and the EU parliament.

It's a clusterfuck of a compromise that will leave a lot of people angry: 360 billion € in loans from the capital market collateralized by the commission (i.e. the common man in the end), 390 billion € in grants (straight up wealth transfer).

I personally hope that it gets voted down, since not only is it ceding more power to Brussels (possibly even beyond the Lisbon Treaty if the rumors of EU taxes is anything to go by) but it also puts member states dangerously close to losing control of the national purse since we'd practically be forced to become guarantors.

Oh, and this also includes slashing into climate funds et al., effectively a US-style debt ceiling (we all know how that will play out), and a laughable rule of law "emergency brake".

All the frugal four really got out of it is an inconsequential increase in the rebate.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: July 22, 2020, 02:54:58 am »

Since when were they allowed to in the first place? There were, unfortunately I'd say, no changes in that area, it stayed illegal as before.

You really don't get it?

If something is in the constitution then you can't just pass a law to legalize it. It's a huge deal because it makes it illegal to have a law to make it legal, so even if Putin is out of power and the opposition has the majority of parliament, they still couldn't pass a law about that.

Just saying that because it was illegal before then having it in the constitution is no different just shows you don't get the difference between a law and the constitution. One issue is that in the current system it might have been possible for one of the provinces/Republics in Russia to pass a gay marriage law locally. Note how gay marriage developed in the USA, first with one state, then slowly, but eventually with all states recognizing those marriages as legal. The constitutional change is a top-down ruling preventing any city or republic within Russia from choosing to legalize this.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 03:06:29 am by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: July 22, 2020, 04:44:30 am »

Thank you Reelya.
I should have tried to explain that after MtF's post but I didn't have the energy.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: July 22, 2020, 06:16:14 am »

Since when were they allowed to in the first place? There were, unfortunately I'd say, no changes in that area, it stayed illegal as before.

You really don't get it?

If something is in the constitution then you can't just pass a law to legalize it. It's a huge deal because it makes it illegal to have a law to make it legal, so even if Putin is out of power and the opposition has the majority of parliament, they still couldn't pass a law about that.

Just saying that because it was illegal before then having it in the constitution is no different just shows you don't get the difference between a law and the constitution. One issue is that in the current system it might have been possible for one of the provinces/Republics in Russia to pass a gay marriage law locally. Note how gay marriage developed in the USA, first with one state, then slowly, but eventually with all states recognizing those marriages as legal. The constitutional change is a top-down ruling preventing any city or republic within Russia from choosing to legalize this.
Huh. I didn't realize that. Thanks.

Well that just increases the need to, in the event of a violent revolution, simply shred the constitution and write a new one. This one is pretty fucked up anyways at this point.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: July 22, 2020, 01:21:51 pm »

I'd say those constitution writers have got their priorities way out of balance

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile