Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 782

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 863841 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2265 on: December 09, 2016, 12:52:44 pm »

I started blocking ads over a decade ago. My reasons are the same as that fellow's.

I do too, but I make special effort to whitelist all the sites I can, particularly those of content creators who make stuff I enjoy, on websites with a good track-record of avoiding annoying ads.

If I can't donate to them in other ways, I'm happy to be served ads I can ignore to help them make a living.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:54:31 pm by Solifuge »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2266 on: December 09, 2016, 01:03:11 pm »

I keep adblock off on websites that I like, but there are websites I frequent that are outright harmful without a properly configured adblock. Something something shady russian flac deposits something.

But yea, if ads in general weren't so outright malicious, then I could maybe live without adblock. Until then, no thanks.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: December 09, 2016, 01:30:30 pm »

Tried to build my first PC.  Spent a long time troubleshooting it.

All signs point to power supply that arrived broken.  No lights or anything from the motherboard, no fans, did the paperclip test (or tried to at least), and got nothing. I wish I had my old PC so I could switch out the parts but alas I'm in a different state and everyone I know here has laptops.  Guess I'll get Newegg to replace the power supply.  God help me if the motherboard is also broken, that's what I was worried about the whole time.

Feels like a lot of stress and finger strain for nothing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: December 09, 2016, 01:37:39 pm »

Building a pc on your own can be an exercise in stress since even though its not something that requires a whole lot of technical skill, there are a lot of things to keep track of and you can easily screw things up if you lose track of what you're doing, plus there's always that element of uncertainty "did I fuck up or was this piece broken from the start? Maybe I didn't connect something properly? Did I forget something?", etc.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: December 09, 2016, 04:19:21 pm »

Can't you get a refund if a part arrives brocken?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: December 09, 2016, 04:21:38 pm »

You do a rma, but probably still have to pay the shipping to send it back.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: December 10, 2016, 09:56:26 pm »

Stupid plastic bit for the generator's ignition coil broke. We are without power for the night.
dad wrapped bailing twine around the engine and spun it without the coil starter. We have power, for the night at least.

My father also got the car stuck sliding off the driveway this morning, then again tonigh, on the opposite side, so I get to rise bright and early tomorrow and help get it unstuck.

I couldn't climb the driveway either and so had to pull the groceries and propane I bought up on the sled.
And I can't find my winter boots so I wore my normal shoes, which are now totally soaked.

Fucking cold in here too. Cannot feel my toes
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:25:18 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: December 11, 2016, 02:28:39 am »

X-Men Apocalypse was ... disappointing. It had the potential to be a really interesting conflict, but just ended up kinda boring, cliche, and boring cliche. The fact that they have Jean Grey as a thing that exists is also saddening.

fucking deus ex machina bullshit with no narrative justification special snowflake character stencil
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: December 11, 2016, 02:56:50 am »

I want to party, but first I must poop.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: December 11, 2016, 03:10:41 am »

X-Men Apocalypse was ... disappointing. It had the potential to be a really interesting conflict, but just ended up kinda boring, cliche, and boring cliche. The fact that they have Jean Grey as a thing that exists is also saddening.

fucking deus ex machina bullshit with no narrative justification special snowflake character stencil
Also it kinda sorta had really shitty character development, progress, and portrayal through it all. Which sucks.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: December 11, 2016, 03:15:45 am »

I started blocking ads over a decade ago. My reasons are the same as that fellow's.

I do too, but I make special effort to whitelist all the sites I can, particularly those of content creators who make stuff I enjoy, on websites with a good track-record of avoiding annoying ads.

If I can't donate to them in other ways, I'm happy to be served ads I can ignore to help them make a living.
I would do this, if my computer wasn't so infected with horrible adware that if I turn my adblocker off on pretty much any site that isn't bay12 or youtube I can't really do anything but BUY NOW.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: December 11, 2016, 03:26:45 am »

Youuuuuu need to devirus your computer.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: December 11, 2016, 03:44:26 am »

You say that like you think I haven't already thought of that :P

I could probably get like, a professional devirusing or whatever, but I have a better security software in place now, and AdBlocker stops pretty much everything, and I can turn it off without having total ad problems, it's just sites like Deviantart give me terrible ads. It really depends on the site itself, but I'm fairly sure I did miss some adware. I have spent a lot of time scouring through files to find it.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: December 11, 2016, 04:04:49 am »

Uuggggggggggggggggggggggh.
I need to wooooork but i don't want to woooooork.
ugh.
even if I was fine with not working, i have partners relying on me too.
oy.
I'm mentally fried. I gotta stop working. But it's literally the last week, and all my shit is due soon.
But I can't do it!
Ahh!
God damn it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: December 11, 2016, 06:13:24 am »

You say that like you think I haven't already thought of that :P

I could probably get like, a professional devirusing or whatever, but I have a better security software in place now, and AdBlocker stops pretty much everything, and I can turn it off without having total ad problems, it's just sites like Deviantart give me terrible ads. It really depends on the site itself, but I'm fairly sure I did miss some adware. I have spent a lot of time scouring through files to find it.
Are you sure it's not your moden that is infected?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 782