Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 782

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 863971 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9165 on: August 10, 2021, 05:48:01 pm »

Here is James Bond. James Bond claims to be a remarkably skilled globetrotting super spy. James bond is wearing scuba gear with a giant plastic seagull on top of his head during an infiltration mission.

James Bond is not a reliable autobiographer.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: August 11, 2021, 02:33:16 am »

Wearing a plastic seagull on your head increases your stealth stat by 50 points when paired with scuba gear.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: August 11, 2021, 01:46:23 pm »

I only recently went back and started actually watching james bond things on Netflix.

He does shit like this all the time, I can't stop laughing. Nobody told me the old james bond stuff was funnier than austin powers.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: August 11, 2021, 04:14:47 pm »

i have commitment issues and i really hate it

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: August 11, 2021, 10:30:20 pm »

I only recently went back and started actually watching james bond things on Netflix.

He does shit like this all the time, I can't stop laughing. Nobody told me the old james bond stuff was funnier than austin powers.
Reminder that in Moonraker, a pigeon did a double-take as Bond rode by in a hover-gondola
Roger Moore era Bond was the most absurd
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: August 12, 2021, 06:33:58 am »

Time to bring out the trash pump.  Got probably 3" of rain last night, and the yard has turned into a pond again.

EDIT: I need to re-think my pump setup. Taking 2 hours to prime the thing is annoying.  Probably need to trade in my gas-powered pump for a submersible electric one... I'll take lower flow rate for ease of use any day.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:30:56 am by McTraveller »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: August 12, 2021, 12:29:59 pm »

Hey google, how likely do you think that adress that exists since the naughties is to be owned by a minor given kids usually learn to read and write at 6? They ask for a foto of your ID and people give it to them, WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE.

The correct procedure in this case is to have an AI churn out hundreds of assets flips containing colored imagery and nursery rhymes (check out finger songs) except the lyrics are all the acceptable synonyms for naughty words and the imagery contains peaches and oranges and stuff that look like genitals but gradually zoom out.
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: August 12, 2021, 01:21:32 pm »

Time to bring out the trash pump.  Got probably 3" of rain last night, and the yard has turned into a pond again.

EDIT: I need to re-think my pump setup. Taking 2 hours to prime the thing is annoying.  Probably need to trade in my gas-powered pump for a submersible electric one... I'll take lower flow rate for ease of use any day.

Build a sufficient screw pump stack to store water in a giant cistern.  Release water on unsuspecting jehovas witness missionaries.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: August 17, 2021, 05:46:49 am »

Getting spam text from emails with no phone number. Apple hasn't figured out that customers might want a way to block all such texts, or doesn't care.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: August 17, 2021, 07:57:05 am »

Think it's more that they care more about whatever money they're getting from the spammer, from what I recall of folks trying to figure that mess out. Apple's well aware most of its customers want nothing to do with that crap, they just have different priorities.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: August 17, 2021, 09:59:09 pm »

Which is why one should step into a walled garden never.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: August 19, 2021, 03:38:27 am »

Book publishers worldwide are forced to stop publishing new books, and stop reprinting existing books.

Why?

Lack of paper. The new order-at-home society has caused a worldwide paper shortage because of all the cardboard boxes needed for delivery.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: August 19, 2021, 05:51:32 am »

I am not surprised with all the cardboard I see being thrown away in the span of 2-3h hours. People need to get a grip how can a 10k town have a 3m high heap of cardbox to throw away twice a day.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: August 19, 2021, 06:09:22 am »

Do you have a source on that one, mart?

Search found all of one article in a dutch news thing and that was it, and, like. You're talking about something that involves my job and our vendors have said exactly squat about paper shortages being the cause of delays or cancellations -- plague related stuff causing hiccups at other parts of the chain (transportation, direct manufacture, etc.), but not paper shortages -- and I haven't noticed anything unusual in terms of reprints being unavailable or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: August 19, 2021, 06:25:38 am »

If that was a Volkskrant article, that's where I got it from.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/economie/door-alle-online-bestellingen-is-er-een-papiertekort-uitgeverijen-stellen-nieuwe-boeken-uit~b3ab684cc/

Reading it again, I am not sure if it is a global problem, or a more local problem.
Probably global though, or at least semi-global for those countries where the delivery society has skyrocketed.
One of the underlying issues is lack of wood to make white paper.
We don't have a wood industry locally, so that must be global.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 782