Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855509 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2295 on: December 13, 2016, 07:43:25 am »

I went down a rabbit trail of every moment I've embarassed myself or acted below my standards in the past ten or so years. I've decided that the only recourse for the way I feel right now, is to blow my own nuts off with a rocket launcher while also jumping off the bay bridge, impaling myself on the mast of a passing boat for a sweet triple hit combo.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2296 on: December 13, 2016, 08:12:53 am »

What type of food?

Who lost the game :D
Indian curry from one of those great, budget-friendly Hare Krishna restaurants. :)
I managed to finish it all, don't worry- although it's technically an "all you can eat" thing. Just imagine, some mad person could actually go back for more after devouring that big plateful of rice and veg curry (two different kinds). Boggles the mind, that does. Not to even mention the dessert, which was a bowl of some kind of crumbly pudding/soft cake and custard (presumably vegan?). The whole thing was good, if a bit too far on the mild side for my liking. They try to cater to everyone with the same meal, after all, even total wimps.

Oh well, it was very cheap and very good.

You sound like you had halava.

Also we aren't typically vegan.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 13, 2016, 09:54:06 am »

Dang it, why can I never decide on a setting?!

I got halfway through designing a detailed, thoroughly researched setting for a hypothetical play-by-post Pathfinder game based on Viking Age Scandinavia, when suddenly, I want to write a campaign about Golden Age pirates.

Why does this always happen? It feels like I'll get nine tenths of the way through a Shakespearean Renaissance-type setting when I want to set a campaign in the fictionalized High Middle Ages. I'll get most of the way through writing a plot for a modern-day espionage story when suddenly I want a Victorian story about detectives and top hats and moustache-twirling Gilded Age corporate presidents. I don't think that I've written out an entire setting that I'm satisfied with in like two or three years.

Okay but ¿Por que no los dos? Seriously, the two settings seem like they'd fit well together, and I know I'd enjoy that game.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 13, 2016, 12:01:51 pm »

I only have to work hard for a few days andthen I'm home free but aaaaaaaah.

My mind is totally elsewhere. And my meds run out on Thursday; that's the last day I actually need them, and I'll get a prescription that same day, but still, not ideal.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: December 14, 2016, 01:27:57 am »

You sound like you had halava.

Also we aren't typically vegan.
Yeah that was my first thought, but halava's a pretty broad category from what I'm reading so I don't know what it was specifically.

And yes, I know, it's just this restaurant that appears to advertise most or all of their food being vegan... I guess you have to ask whether the meal of the day is vegan or not. Not particularly relevant to me either way, I'm only vegetarian.

Edit: Here's something actually on-topic for the thread: It's almost Christmas. Fuck. Just hit me now.
In a bit over a week we'll hit peak merrymaking and jolliness levels, both unpleasant, vulgar things, and with my luck some jerk will probably buy me a gift or something to make me feel even worse about myself than I do already. The post-Christmas discounted eggnog will probably even sell out before I can get any again, just to rub salt in the wound.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 05:40:41 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: December 15, 2016, 12:07:57 pm »

My head hurts, I feel tired despite having an 11 hour sleep, and I'm still kicking myself over my terrible exam of two days ago.

...yay?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: December 15, 2016, 12:11:33 pm »

Excessive sleep can actualy cause headaches and make you feel tired, so, yea :U
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: December 15, 2016, 02:06:49 pm »

Excessive sleep can actualy cause headaches and make you feel tired, so, yea :U
That actually explains a good portion of my summer, thanks.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: December 15, 2016, 03:03:57 pm »

> decide to look on example dialogue engines to get hints/tricks on how to make own one not shit

> the "simple" dialogue engines have several times more code, then game you are trying to code will probably ever have and more often then not code in them is beyond your level of understanding

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 15, 2016, 06:38:12 pm »

Sounds like they're just needlessly complicated to me. ;)
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: December 16, 2016, 07:34:13 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:55:05 am by Gamedragon »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: December 16, 2016, 12:49:51 pm »

I don't think we mock anyone behind their back, I think we'd do it in plain sight.  :P

So what's this about you not being able to shower? Do they yell at you for hogging the shitter or something? Could just toss them a roll of toilet paper and tell them to head outside. Also, I'm curious as to how they reply if you ask them to tone down the volume. Given the reads from everyone here, I have a feeling it might not be a rational answer, but a bit of planning could turn that to your favor.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: December 16, 2016, 12:58:38 pm »

@Gamedragon: :o
That is horrible and the people who are doing that should feel bad.

And believe me, if anyone was mocking you, I'm pretty sure there would be a large crowd of us descending upon them like the wrath of <insert preferred deity here>.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: December 16, 2016, 04:17:36 pm »

@Gamedragon: :(

Also
AND NOW I DON'T EVEN GET TO HAVE A SHOWER WHICH MEANS I WON'T SLEEP AT ALL TONIGHT BECAUSE I CAN'T SHAKE THE FEELING THAT I'M COVERED IN MY OWN FILTH AND SWEAT AND UGH...

*hugs anyways* (100% seriously)

How other people treat you says something about them. I guess they aren't really thinking about you, about how what they're doing affects you. Or more assertiveness is called for. I don't know, I'm not there with you seeing what you're seeing. But still, you have my well-wishes, and what virtual hugs I can send over the internets.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 16, 2016, 08:59:25 pm »

I'm fine now, I actually got to sleep last night but it wasn't comfortable. What happened last night was completely my fault for over-reacting like I always do.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 778