Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 782

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 863960 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2310 on: December 16, 2016, 09:11:19 pm »

I'm fine now, I actually got to sleep last night but it wasn't comfortable.
I'm glad you were able to get to sleep. :)

What happened last night was completely my fault for over-reacting like I always do.
If there's things about yourself that you want to change, well, some of them are changeable more easily than others. Personally, how I react to situations - and how I feel about them, in some cases - has been one of the easier things to change, though I assume that isn't necessarily the case for everyone. (I don't think that applies to depression, for example)

(There are other aspects of my behavior/thoughts/etc that I have had little success changing)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2311 on: December 17, 2016, 04:56:30 am »

Solar Pillar in Terraria is so friggin hard! Enemies have all those sudden dashes and deal GIANT amount of damage! It already was hard in Normal mode, but in Expert mode, it's pretty much "try to don't rip off your hair in rage" challenge.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 18, 2016, 02:24:17 am »

Man, nothing is more irritating than having to borderline cheat in a game in order to get back equipment that got destroyed by a shitty bug.

grumblegrumblegrumble
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: December 18, 2016, 08:08:38 pm »

I digitally got a game that I already own on disc, just so that I wouldn't have to get my CD case out of the closet and type in the key and deal with a full-screen installer.

It feels like a turning point. I've finally admitted that there is no point to owning PC games physically, unless they came in a cool box that cost almost as much as the game itself.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 18, 2016, 09:06:54 pm »

Do it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: December 18, 2016, 11:53:56 pm »

Yes, do it. You'll find it one day. That bumper sticker shall be your white whale.

In my own Mild Sad: yesterday's party wasn't quite as huge as I'd hoped.
It was still a lovely time, with plenty of new friends made and old friends caught up with, there were just so many useless people who didn't show up after giving their word they would. Annoying. The stage was set for some truly epic party times, but it just needed more people to reach its full potential. :( Oh well, my friend who lives here is planning an even bigger event for his birthday in January, and at least a few friends who were legitimately unable to make it yesterday will be able to come to that. Plus, that's on a Friday, not a Sunday- although most of the people who flaked were perfectly happy to go out last Sunday.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 19, 2016, 01:45:24 am »

You'll find it one day. That bumper sticker shall be your white whale.

and then, if you continue the metaphor, it will kill you when you try to acquire it, won't it?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 19, 2016, 08:33:27 am »

I need to work on my saucery skills. I tried making roux today. I botched my first attempt, creating some unholy greasy horror. Second try, I was more careful, but nothing tasty became of it before I got help from my mother. Why is the simplest sauce, literally just butter, flour and water, so hard to make?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 19, 2016, 01:15:56 pm »

Saucery requires special skill and attention to detail that must be acquired over time. Your problem is you havent done it enough.

God knows that gravy I made was simply terrible.

Oh, and this whole week our portable toilet hasnt been serviced. We have of course paid for the service this month in advance, as we always do. Called them this morning and got some lame excuses about the weather and the discretion of the drivers and how the trucks are different from normal cars and cant be given studs or chains. We have no trouble getting up and down the driveway at all, and there's yet another storm coming this week, so... I'm gonna have to call back and talk to this lady's manager.

And the jeep won't start

And the generator won't start
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:57:54 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: December 19, 2016, 02:49:29 pm »

I need to work on my saucery skills. I tried making roux today. I botched my first attempt, creating some unholy greasy horror. Second try, I was more careful, but nothing tasty became of it before I got help from my mother. Why is the simplest sauce, literally just butter, flour and water, so hard to make?

From what I understand, making sauce is a little more difficult since you have to be more precise with the heat. I've left chicken on a grill 5 minutes longer than I needed to and still got a tasty product. You can't get away with doing that with sauce.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 20, 2016, 01:28:20 am »

Which is weird because I never had issues making a roux for alfredo pasta.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: December 20, 2016, 10:16:08 am »

It might be the frying pan though. We once owned to frying pans of the exact same model, one was heavily used, the other wasn't. I noticed with the used pan that things in it tend to heat up very fast and get burned quite quickly, if you tried to make sauce on a pan like that, you'd probably get a black smudge as your end product.

Maybe the frying pan is the problem?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 20, 2016, 08:05:37 pm »

The TV is too bright. Literally gave me a headache in about 30 minutes of use. I'm hoping it's a coincidence, but the screen is bright enough to light most of the room by itself. The "brightness" setting on the TV just darkens the dark colors when I turn it down, leaving the whites eye-meltingly bright. The only thing that seems to work is some energy-saving preset, which dims the light but also has an annoying adaptive brightness "feature" that makes it impossible to watch anything.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: December 20, 2016, 08:11:18 pm »

It doesn't have both brightness and contrast?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: December 20, 2016, 08:13:12 pm »

It has brightness and contrast. Contrast is what you expect, but "brightness" seems to also be some sort of color balance thing, as opposed to the actual brightness of the screen. Changing the brightness on the blue "no signal" screen does nothing, ferex.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 782