Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859666 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7500 on: June 04, 2020, 01:14:27 pm »

Yeah. Ignoring the fact that there's a glut of complete bullshit out there, even a very sincere manual would be... Mostly useless.

One thing is cultural differences, but even within cultures and communities there are individuals who act completely differently from one another, and would therefore react to the same situation in highly divergent ways.

Ooh, but I have a culture specific thing for Dwarfy. Something he may already know, but sometimes there are surprises.

When people go to a pub and sit on a table, custom dictates that person wants to be alone.  Conversely, if you want company (of any sort), folks sit at the bar. Use this knowledge to your advantage, either whether approaching lone people in the  bar, or by sitting at the bar and waiting for someone to approach you. Results may vary.

Of course in order to do this you'll have to wait for the pandemic to pass... but hey  when that happens give it a go
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: June 04, 2020, 01:31:55 pm »

Where do you sit if you want company but are too socially inept and terrified to interact with other people
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: June 04, 2020, 02:08:44 pm »

Outside on the pavement.

And I hadn't thought of that but would figure it stands to reason. I simply don't frequent bars. Pre-Corona I'd only been to one, once fortnightly, and that was with my writing club.

I may be a hopeless case, folks.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: June 04, 2020, 02:11:10 pm »

I think I had two coffees today, I remember making the second one but I can't recall if I actually drank it or not. I think I did, just a couple of hours ago too, but I'm not at all sure. I swear this night shift shit is playing havoc with my goddamn brain.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: June 04, 2020, 02:23:28 pm »

If at all possible, stop doing it. I did nightshift and took a steep reduction in pay to get out of it, after a year. It was economically possible for me; your circumstances may be different.

But it just wasn't worth it.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: June 04, 2020, 02:45:05 pm »

I’d love to go back to nightshift.

However, I could survive without people for extended periods and I’m used to being tired all the time.

Only problem was 10 hour shifts on my feet, and walking half an hour to get home after that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: June 04, 2020, 02:50:58 pm »

What if people on night shift started sleeping during the day? Becoming nocturnal? Would that help with the tiredness or not? Note: have never done night shift before so take grains off salt

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: June 04, 2020, 03:21:56 pm »

What if people on night shift started sleeping during the day? Becoming nocturnal? Would that help with the tiredness or not? Note: have never done night shift before so take grains off salt

That tends to happen. After their sleep patterns adjust, the excessive tiredness ceases to be an issue. But people miss the sun and their friends. Even on holiday, some days are 'readjustment' days where people have to get used to normal sleep cycles.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: June 04, 2020, 03:34:19 pm »

Just stay on the night cycle all the time then ;)

A large problem with that is forgetting how to social. Or maybe that was just me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: June 04, 2020, 03:39:33 pm »

Maybe socializing with other nocturnal humans would alleviate the socialization issue. Again, have never worked night shift. I am just making guesses.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: June 04, 2020, 03:46:57 pm »

I'm sure that would be the case. But, firstly, we like the sun. It gives us an easy source of vitamin d, but largely we just like it. There's a reason sun motifs are often signs of goodness.

Secondly, people have pre-established friends and family that they'd miss. I couldn't do a lot of familt trips, for instance.

Thirdly, everything is closed at night. Or many things are. There are a limited number of places to do the friend-thing.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: June 04, 2020, 03:51:13 pm »

firstly, we like the sun.

Who is we?

Secondly, people have pre-established friends and family that they'd miss. I couldn't do a lot of familt trips, for instance.

Still no.

Thirdly, everything is closed at night. Or many things are. There are a limited number of places to do the friend-thing.

Ah, there's the one.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: June 04, 2020, 03:54:16 pm »

Humans become severely depressed if they don’t get to see the sun enough. You may be too far gone.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: June 04, 2020, 04:03:27 pm »

Wait, so humans don't get cave adaptaion?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: June 04, 2020, 04:06:18 pm »

Humans become severely depressed if they don’t get to see the sun enough. You may be too far gone.
What are you talking about? I’m not gone. I happen to like the moon too, as well as the sun.

Wait, so humans don't get cave adaptaion?
If you spend enough time in darkness, your eyes will adjust. The cool thing about darkness vs brightness, is that darkness doesn’t hurt your eyes, while brightness does.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 779