Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855489 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9150 on: August 04, 2021, 04:20:51 pm »

Makes me glad that at my job, as support, I don't have a script. What you're describing is essentially how my job is, except without management and administrators breathing down my neck constantly about output.

Sounds like you could apply for pretty much any support position with the kind of experience you're getting now. But yeah, in an outfit like that, the only place to go is outside of your department into mid-management. There's no real growth in that position IMO, just an ever increasing workload until you finally crack and they replace you with someone fresh.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: August 06, 2021, 10:25:52 am »

God damn you Canada!
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: August 06, 2021, 11:28:17 am »

God damn you Canada!

Is... is this about Canada's Female Soccer Team beating Sweden?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: August 06, 2021, 01:26:42 pm »

No! This is about so much more!

First of all, it's about Canada not losing to Sweden in the OG women's football final!

Then, an that is aduacious as shit to begin with, because they bloody deserved the medal to begin with, we come to the real atrocity: After the games had scored 1-1, after the two extension periods, after having scored the same amount of goals in the penalty shot shoot-off so far, when Swedish team cornerstone player Seger - which means victory, in the last shot of the shoot-off, in the last shot of her national team career, has the chance to make it it the Seger segershot of her career, they don't bloody let it in!

You can't trust anybody these days. Everybody's just looking out for themselves, nobody's thinking about the greater picture
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: August 06, 2021, 09:20:05 pm »

go home scrivey ur knfurdunk
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: August 08, 2021, 02:08:49 pm »

Ugh I cracked a nail.  On my forefinger, too, though thankfully my off-hand.  It's just super annoying when I type because it exposed some of the particularly sensitive flesh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: August 08, 2021, 10:30:17 pm »

One of my previously favorite podcasts is pretty hard anti-vax now. They'll talk about hot chaff paranormal shit and helpfully advise that listeners do not go off their medication and to continue listening to the best advice of medical experts in context of mental health or literally anyfuckingthing else a scant few minutes after whingeing about how the government wants to push their experimental covid vaccine that changes your genes. You gonna tell your listeners to adhere to best medical advice to get the vaccine as well, or nah?

Like, fuckin' hell, guys, I'm happy your corner of the world has something of a lid on the worldwide fucking pandemic but you really should know better than to buy into this bullshit when you've been telling stories about it for over a decade! You're supposed to talk about the bullshit, not peddle it! No, your lockdowns do not even begin to parallel the genocide of Uighar Muslims! Just... Fuck!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: August 10, 2021, 12:56:02 am »

So, I'm in the process of moving. Settling into the new apartment while clearing out the old. I made an agreement with the landlord that I could potentially get out earlier than the agreed moving period in the contract, provided everything was ship-shape and he'd found a new tenant.

I've... Not been good about getting everything out of there and shined up. Part of it was feeling overwhelmed by everything else going on in life, such as trying to feel at home in the new apartment and sort out where everything is/should be, but a part of it was just not wanting to face the reality of having to have everything in 100% condition, because then I'd have to tell the dude I was ready, and then he'd have to inspect the place to see if I'd done a good enough job. And failing that inspection was horrifying to me.

So I've been a bit stressed as of late, because it's all been made really *real* on account of him finding a new interested party, and set up a viewing that was yesterday. Launched into a new deadline I finally manned up and put my gameface on. I spent about six hours during the day trying to get the place shaped up (mostly working on some limescale in the shower which hasn't budged an inch despite spending three different days attacking it), put in my best work, and cleared the very last bits out of the apartment.

...and it wasn't good enough. So today I'm hiring professional cleaners to come take care of it, because I have nothing left of me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9158 on: August 10, 2021, 03:19:35 am »

Godspeed Kagus, you need to wield rest like a weapon at this point. Hopefully the pros knock it out of the park

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: August 10, 2021, 04:15:54 am »

Godspeed Kagus, you need to wield rest like a weapon at this point. Hopefully the pros knock it out of the park

Grazie, and I hope so... I had to spend the morning calling 12 different organizations before I managed to find one who could both A) Answer their phone and B) Perform the work on such short notice.

I'm paying a bit of a premium for it, but hell.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: August 10, 2021, 07:42:56 am »

When you live desynced of the majority by 4h and thus your mental hygiene is a subject of ridicule. But they're so smart replacing a superior item with another item who's only quality is to be more photogenic, and I'm an asshole if I suggest some well deserved buyers remorse.

You go work so they stop acting like they are more important but oh you don't fit our narrow understanding of what constitutes a valid daily routine so we get to threat you like shit while making uncalled for remarks. LEGIT. You know find a job you love so you'll never work a day in your life again, so we can still threat you like a bum.

Saturday I had a good evening, then I had a 70 minute walk back home after a 24h day after 5h sleep, it was the best thing that happened  and will happen all year... A nice kind of exhaustion one accepts gracefully, a happy kind of exhaustion... So evidently come punch my nose into a lack of sleep everybody we wouldn't want a genuine high to last for a few whole days.
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: August 10, 2021, 12:49:43 pm »

Grazie, and I hope so... I had to spend the morning calling 12 different organizations before I managed to find one who could both A) Answer their phone and B) Perform the work on such short notice.

I'm paying a bit of a premium for it, but hell.

It is done. I have consumed the iced cream in celebratory fashion. Mayhaps I will even sleep tonight.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: August 10, 2021, 04:01:15 pm »

heat wave let's goooooooo (let's not)

oh, i was playing dungeons of dredmor all day and my run is dead because i drank a martini some mod added in and the triggers got all messed up and now my guy is permanently blind

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: August 10, 2021, 04:51:02 pm »

heat wave let's goooooooo (let's not)

oh, i was playing dungeons of dredmor all day and my run is dead because i drank a martini some mod added in and the triggers got all messed up and now my guy is permanently blind

Should've had it shaken, not stirred.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: August 10, 2021, 05:25:15 pm »

Oh, great thing, the flavour text specifies that it IS shaken, not stirred, and that as a result that chips ice and waters the drink down, making Bond less of a tough guy than he presumes to be.

p sure bond didn't go blind tho
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 778