Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859614 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9570 on: January 28, 2022, 12:51:22 pm »

Check and see if one will include ductwork. When we had ours done they realized when they got here that our ductwork was incompatible, and they had to redo it, which they did free of charge.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: January 28, 2022, 01:00:30 pm »

All quotes included ductwork, to varying degrees- one explicitly covered more ductwork than the other (redoing the exit plenum to reduce head loss; currently it's a really tight T).  One also talked about redoing way more of the venting than the other - things that "to do right" I'd want done, but given the old system didn't have it some people wouldn't put it in because original code didn't require it, but new code would (e.g. adding in exterior-sourced combustion air instead of using house air, increasing vent pipe from 2" to 3" diameter, stuff like that).

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: January 30, 2022, 04:09:10 am »

My knee is swollen AF i barely can walk...And i dont know from what again
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: February 03, 2022, 04:05:15 pm »

What if I'm just, y'know, annoying?

I'm more or less resolved on being obnoxious, but flat-out annoying? Oof. I mean, I get annoyed with me...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: February 03, 2022, 06:57:04 pm »

The fun thing about annoying is that it’s not your problem.

Unless you’re so annoying that people abandon you.

Anyhow, a sensible person would broach the subject of annoyances delicately, so you know what behaviour triggers that. Everyone is different though, so what one person finds annoying someone else may find endearing *shrug*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: February 03, 2022, 08:58:20 pm »

I'm more or less resolved on being obnoxious, but flat-out annoying? Oof. I mean, I get annoyed with me...

What's the difference between obnoxious and annoying anyway?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: February 03, 2022, 10:18:49 pm »

What's the difference between obnoxious and annoying anyway?

oh god

Erh, an overabundance of personality versus interpersonal agitation?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: February 04, 2022, 06:50:18 am »

In my mind, which I think is also how the dictionaries see it, obnoxious is annoying on steroids. A fly buzzing around is annoying. Somebody cluelessly droning about their favourite anime is annoying. An obnoxious individual is persistently hateful, offensive, nasty and unpleasant. So annoying I actually want to hit them.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9578 on: February 04, 2022, 09:27:48 am »

I am something quite livid. I've been underpaid as fuck to such an extent that last year I made more per hour when I was 18. Even after securing a raise it's still not enough to cover the cost of living. I've been doing the job of my 3 finance managers, who collectively lost the research unit millions of pounds. I've since been doing their jobs whilst they've been promoted off / resigned / resigned respectively. They tapped me on the shoulder to take over their role permanently. I was like fuck yeah because the finance manager made double my salary in exchange for sending invoices off that I made. They were just a glorified postman, because all they had to do was sign my papers and send them off. Only they didn't even do that costing the company loads of money. So I sent the companies the accounts directly so they could draft the invoices and send them to us, bypassing the finance department completely.

After I pressed them today for some fucking numbers... They detailed how the plan was to have me continue "developing my hybrid role" whilst they prepared to bring in a new manager who would oversee me.
I told them I couldn't just keep expanding my job description without an increase in pay or post.
Two of the three finance managers were forced to resign after claiming others work as their own, mine included, failing to demonstrate what value they added to the unit.

I was so certain I would be able to cinch this promotion effortlessly. I am such a clown, sitting through 30 minutes of "we couldn't have done it without you, you are an integral part of our future, btw we won't give you the post though"

STOP FUCKING HIRING FINANCE MANAGERS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO MANAGE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS. I AM STARVING FOR CASH. GOD HELP MY SOUL

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: February 04, 2022, 02:06:42 pm »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/02/rotterdam-dismantle-part-historic-bridge-so-jeff-bezos-massive-yacht-can-pass-through/

The Rotterdam spoke person mentioned in the article spoke without authority, and before her turn.
According to the mayor of Rotterdam, the City Council of Rotterdam has not recieved a formal application yet for temporary removal of the monumental early 19th century bridge. Such an application would need to be preceded with environmental impact reports and technical reports to see what are the chances of damaging the monument during removal. And then the application still needs to make it past a City Council vote for approval.

Bezos' 430 million euro yacht is supposed to be delivered this summer. That's probably not going to happen, knowing Dutch bureaucracy. The Vogons could still learn from us.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: February 04, 2022, 05:18:49 pm »

So in other words, this article is blatant misinformation.

Quote from: The article
Van Heijst said by email that the city agreed to remove the middle part of the bridge after receiving the request and weighing the economic costs and benefits.

According to what you said, those two bolded parts are lies.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: February 04, 2022, 07:06:07 pm »

Not so much the article of the WaPo is a lie, the city clerk that emailed was not in any authorized position to make such promises or conclusions.
What did happen was, there were some unofficial talks about getting an application with the city, yes.
But the city never received an official application after that.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9582 on: February 05, 2022, 06:57:58 am »

You'd think they would consider such logistical issues before deciding the place of construction. Also fuck Bezos

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: February 05, 2022, 07:03:48 am »

Yeah, with some minimal effort they could have had basic knowledge of dutch rules and regulations for such projects. It's their own negligence, the city has no blame.
It looks like they are going to get their approval anyway though unless a majority of the city council votes against.
The 'importance of regional jobs associated with yacht construction' yadda yadda.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: February 05, 2022, 07:13:58 am »

I am something quite livid.
The thing is, and admittedly I say this without truly knowing you, I could see you doing absolutely stellar in a high-pay and high-responsibility role.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 779