Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859830 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9810 on: April 22, 2022, 12:11:13 pm »

Beers are very effective bribes though.
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: April 22, 2022, 06:29:29 pm »

Serve crust beer at your next corporate management party.

We just fed our leftover vegetables to the pig. Now the pig is gone though, we've been throwing them away again. I miss piggy. Only a couple weeks left until bacon arrives though. Which is kinda sad actually. But she was very old and lost the ability to stand and run around. It was inevitable.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: April 23, 2022, 12:40:02 am »

Are you sleeping/eating/drinking enough?

Could also be the time of year, I tend to get sick between Winter and Spring and Autumn and Winter.
I drink several liters of water a day, eat a lot, and sleep around 7 to 8 hours. Probably just the spring.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: April 23, 2022, 10:32:15 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

oops
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 11:50:50 am by dragdeler »
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: April 23, 2022, 03:42:57 pm »

I'm doing spring prep for my car.  Change oil.  Take off winter tires to put on summer ones. Checking brakes in the process.  Yeah rears need new pads, change them out.  Right rear - easy peasy.  Left rear... oh crap, one of the caliper bolt seals tore, and it rusted solid. if I could extract it I'd just replace the bolt, but nope, that bolt is now One with the Caliper Bracket.

I suppose I could put the OLD pads back on, because where the bushing froze, I can't put the caliper back on with new pads because they are of course too fat.  Doesn't seem like the wise course of action though, and luckily I don't really need to do any driving until Tuesday.

The part wasn't at my local auto parts store, but was at a sister store the next town over, so should be here tomorrow. I'd just have driven to the other store using my wife's car - but she is meeting with friends tonight and has to leave before I'd be able to get back.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: April 26, 2022, 03:43:12 am »

I also have car issues but they seem to be worse than one break pad, since they involve something electronic that controls the starting and staying running, which made today a fun trip to the store that took several hours longer than it should have but at least we got it going long enough to eventually get it to a garage, even if we did have to push it with a car the last 100 yards.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: May 03, 2022, 01:00:30 am »

got spat at while out doing nothing in particular with my gf
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: May 03, 2022, 05:01:01 am »

Read an article about an LGBT author of gay young adult novels having a visit to a Catholic school cancelled and the fallout from that between the local clergy and the school staff.

Decided to look up the author and his “highly sexualized take on the Lord’s Prayer” and read a ridiculously biased article from a religious POV citing various psychologists without longing out that these psychologists are anti-LGBT, ironically misinterpreting a tweet from the author in an article about the author allegedly gaslighting his novels as having no LGBT content (he was referring to something else in the tweet), and the single comment in the article written by what appeared to be a reasonably intelligent person insisting that homosexuality is fake because scientists haven’t found a gay gene, school children quizzes on their homosexuality have different answers when asked later, (though for some reason didn’t seem to consider that in terms of heterosexuality at the same time) and that acting on homosexual desires is a sin, though that one is fairly big standard religious fair.

Then I looked up the psychologists mentioned in the article and I’m sad either because these cunts are using the ever-present moral panic about sexualizing children to gain some notoriety in their field, or they actually believe that it’s happening in every facet of the various media that kids consume on the reg and are crusading against the slightest hint of kids coming into contact with anything to do with sex, even if it’s to teach them about it and things like consent and shit.

TL;DR clever people can be the most fucking stupid when it comes to moral crusading, and give a veneer of respectability to properly cunty positions on things like LGBT rights and education.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: May 03, 2022, 05:19:19 am »

I hate gamers nexus... Why TF would you require 12signs + upper AND lowercase on a site where an account is entirely superfluous... Then somehow some file you're dependant on is listed but not available for download. Everytime.
let

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: May 03, 2022, 12:15:39 pm »

As far as I can tell heterosexuality is treated as "not only sexual" but homosexuality is treated as not having a romantic or family-life dimension, and certainly as though those could not be the primary aspect of the relationship. If romance and family were first, the thought goes, the person in question would not be homoing it up. It is not a serious relationship.

(See also the dude visiting the house who saw me with me and my gf (she was sitting on me) and hit on me repeatedly as though his eyes didn't work)

Thus simple things like talking and holding hands are treated as though the participants were stripped naked and humping.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: May 03, 2022, 12:21:46 pm »

In some ways, I both pity and envy those who can be satisfied with life by simply yelling at others that they are "living wrong".

But I mostly hate them for trying to control others.
It's a human falicy: We can control little in our lives from the moment we're born to our inevitable death, so we try to make up for that by controlling other human beings. Let go people.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: May 03, 2022, 12:39:36 pm »

I think part of the issue at least from the religious side is that the more preachy flavours seem to think it’s their job to “save” others according to their particular brand of Truthtm, so they’ll go out of their way to make a nuisance (or worse!) of themselves in order to achieve that particular goal, as though there’s a tally waiting for them at the end with someone carrying a clipboard expecting them to have met some kind of savior quota.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: May 03, 2022, 01:45:54 pm »

I think part of the issue at least from the religious side is that the more preachy flavours seem to think it’s their job to “save” others according to their particular brand of Truthtm, so they’ll go out of their way to make a nuisance (or worse!) of themselves in order to achieve that particular goal, as though there’s a tally waiting for them at the end with someone carrying a clipboard expecting them to have met some kind of savior quota.

And that "or worse!" is what I risk if I ever try to get a boyfriend. The attitude against the gay is off the charts here. I will be a moving target for pretty much anyone a bit religious.

Even the heteronormativity culture here as a whole is warped into a hyperpatriachal clusterfuck of disjointed, ancient tradition. It doesn't even resembles anything anymore.

I have two options. Live my own being incomplete and always keep a part of myself a secret, while suffering through societal expectations that are impossible to tackle for me. Or take a huge leap of trust in a place dominated by a dead conglomerate husk of a culture puppeteered by a 7th century personality cult gone rogue after its leaders death.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 01:49:24 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: May 03, 2022, 04:06:40 pm »

frumple has gained +2 proficiency in MarcEdit

frumple has gained +1 undying hatred of data importing

goddamn records why couldn't you just work the first time instead of taking over four hours to figure out why the hell the records kept getting cut off and how to make it stop

i know your secrets now and also i hate you a little

also none of you folks deserve that shit, hopefully things will get better at some point
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: May 04, 2022, 11:21:22 am »

One of our hens laid an egg with no shell today, which is slightly worrying since they have access to calcium and a supplemented feed. Hopefully it's just a fluke and nothing more serious, if an egg were to burst inside then it's basically game over for a chicken and shell-less eggs are much more likely to do so.

We have enough dead chickens in the sad patch, we don't need anymore for a while.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 779