Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 106276 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2016, 01:41:25 am »

I like that there's catapults and apparently walls can be damaged by them. Infantry climbing up ladders in file rather than the mess of shoving is very nice to see as well. Still some awkwardness in getting past your own guys around the battering ram but eh.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2016, 02:18:20 am »

I like that there's catapults and apparently walls can be damaged by them. Infantry climbing up ladders in file rather than the mess of shoving is very nice to see as well. Still some awkwardness in getting past your own guys around the battering ram but eh.
They also got stuck around all the doors too while they looked up. I'm sure that kind of pathfinding issue will get fixed.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2016, 03:39:50 am »

UUUURGH
GRRRAAAAAAAHHH
GARRF
ARGHHH
YAAAAAH
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2016, 03:40:32 am »

They also got stuck around all the doors too while they looked up. I'm sure that kind of pathfinding issue will get fixed.
Or it might be an AI thing, they don't have to cram inside the gatehouse attempting to bash it when they can't reach it. Since there seems to be an indoor placement where you toss down naphta and rocks at people.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2016, 08:25:48 am »

I really liked the javalins flying all over the place and bouncing off the castle wall, physics please.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2016, 09:20:42 am »

Did I not post to watch this?
Love, scriver~

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2016, 09:35:07 am »

I'm kinda hype for this, hopefully the modding community will take off like for the previous titles. I really hope it will come with it's own version of the awesome formation control mods for warband, it really changes everything.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:59:00 am by Drakale »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2016, 09:55:57 am »

I am also rather excited, I can't wait for Mount & Musket for M&B2.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2016, 10:21:29 am »

Starting up M&B, god help me.

I'm trying to find an old mod I used to play almost exclusively, the game felt wrong when I didn't play it.  I don't remember exactly what it was called, it may have become the 1257 AD historical mod, but this one wasn't historical.

It definitely had a number in the 1257 range, and it was set in Calradia with modifications to suit that period.  It may have been farther back in time.  Limited, crusader era plate with can helmets and stuff, no maximilian or anything, no warhammers, nothing you wouldn't expect to see in the early medieval era.  Factions were changed to be more obviously whatever their historical basis was.  THe ones I remember most distinctly were Swadians became a Templar-style brotherhood, and Rhodoks were Italians with pavise crossbowmen
Shoes...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2016, 10:36:31 am »

I like it when sequels are just "well have the same game except prettier and also we fixed some annoying things"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2016, 10:40:36 am »

I feel like M&B's the kind of thing where the fans would riot if they changed the formula.
Shoes...

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2016, 10:42:04 am »

I just noticed on the video that the 2H the dev was using actually slashed across multiple opponents. My hype has officially hit critical levels.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2016, 11:24:10 am »

I'm trying to find an old mod I used to play almost exclusively, the game felt wrong when I didn't play it.  I don't remember exactly what it was called, it may have become the 1257 AD historical mod, but this one wasn't historical.

It definitely had a number in the 1257 range, and it was set in Calradia with modifications to suit that period.  It may have been farther back in time.  Limited, crusader era plate with can helmets and stuff, no maximilian or anything, no warhammers, nothing you wouldn't expect to see in the early medieval era.  Factions were changed to be more obviously whatever their historical basis was.  THe ones I remember most distinctly were Swadians became a Templar-style brotherhood, and Rhodoks were Italians with pavise crossbowmen

1200?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2016, 11:36:21 am »

There was a mod with a name along the lines of Calradia 1257 AD, which was separate from 1257 Europe mod.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2016, 04:31:57 pm »

I didn't watch the PC Gamer thing they did a couple months ago, but have they shown anything to do with lords and politics? This video showed that there were some definite improvements to city\castle management but nothing really new when it came to lordly shenanigans.

Always seemed strange that no new wannabe lords would show up and that old lords would remained relatively unchanged (besides holdings) even if 50 years went by. Not to mention kings constantly feasting, no one every actually getting married despite months of courtship, and new realms never forming without player guidance, etc. Might be spoiled by Crusader Kings 2 and am expecting too much, but I would hope something is planned.

Edit: Found this. Definitely better than what the system used to be at the very least.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:24:32 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 62