Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176636 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 5: The Drollery Begins [21/30]
« Reply #1110 on: May 06, 2016, 04:05:37 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]
Xenia turns into a gas and mingles with the atmosphere of Batshorthsech.

"That's enough sulking now brother Axt. Hiding away in this ball of gas doesn't help anybody."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 06, 2016, 04:10:54 am »

Propose Trait: Ancestral Memory. Comes in four (technically five) levels:
-1: Creature has little to no information passed down from ancestors, and lacks everything but the most basic natural instinct. 0.8x cost.
(0: Creature has basic survival instincts passed down from ancestors, but no advanced knowledge. This is the baseline on which most creatures operate and has only been included for the sake of completeness; it's assumed everything possesses this.)
+1: Creature learns skills possessed by ancestors quickly, but not detailed information, which allows development of generally more skillful individuals (due to having effectively more practice with skills) over time. Example: A family of smiths will naturally produce children that are good smiths, even if separated at birth. 1.2x
+2: Creature retains the skill levels of previous generations, but not information. 1.5x
+3: Creature retains skills and information known by previous generations (though things can still be forgotten if not used.) 2.5x

"I would ask for amendments or suggestions, but that seems fruitless at this point. I should mention that the uneven scaling is due to the benefits ramping up faster than the levels do.

Saukko

Amendment: Only applies to non-violent (including defensive) skills, and knowledge of magic is not passed on with this trait.
Support Everything but remove the first part of the admendment.
"Oppose! It is too cheap for such an awe-inspiring trait."
Zurion visits the Node of Night.
"What a beautiful place to see. I admire your node."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:16:45 am by Detoxicated »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 06, 2016, 04:36:00 am »

((Mm. Honestly this Ye Gods is too abstract for Meow's character to work with it. Lil ironic that the literal manifestation of Null needs something solid to florish. Meow's dropping out.))

Reality begins to crack. But not from the out. From within. Something. Or perhaps the proper term would be Nothing. Is leaving.

"..I have Watched and I have Decided. This iteration of Creation is insufficiently Defined to provide the Relatives and I entertainment. Purrhaps we shall meet again in another iteration Godlings. Or Purrhaps not. I am getting quite old after all. Nearly time for my next Amalgamation. We'll be the size of Uncle soon."

"We and I shall show Ourselves out."

"Good night Godlings. And remember. The V̜̩͙͞o̴̬͇͙͎͙̻͟͜i͕̦͇͢͟d̷͉̱̯̬̗̖ ̧̺̖̕ͅ is waiting for You. It is quite Patient."

"Slip up just once à̵̘̲͍͖̩͡ͅǹ̵͕͚̰̥d̨̛̼̼̬̙͖̮̀ W͏̧̛̯͍͔̯̯̭̦̠̺͓̻̝̩̼͝e̶̶̵̗͇̺͕̘̝̫͈̺̖͈̹̮͇̗̗̓̔̈̐͘͠ͅ S̡̛̰̺̤͓̫͢h͘͏̻̯̼̞̟̜͓̘͘ͅá̵̶̢͚̤̗̰͈̞̲͖̝̟̺͔̥l̵̶̴͕̮̪̼͕͎̞̱̹̤̭̲͟͢l̷͚͇̮͖͙̦̀͠ ̵̘̩̻͔̬̰̪͝ͅF̛͚̭͉̹̹͓̞̯͟e̻͇͕̤̭a̢͏͍̺͈͎̜̖͕́ś̰͍̟̬̕t͔͈̘̞."

Meow's Lack begins dispersing. drifting through the cracks of a wounded Existence. Nothing is Leaving. Yet a Presence and a Hunger seem to be fading.

The last thing that can be seen is a toothy, malevolent grin. Before that too fades and slips through the cracks.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • ĩ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 6: A Pre-Magical Age [22/30]
« Reply #1113 on: May 06, 2016, 04:44:59 am »

Tick 6: A Pre-Magical Age

Axt has teleported the Pot of Greed onto ??Zoigast??

Following Atian's suggestion to conquer the eastern lands, the Draki have begun squabbling to decide who will lead the charge.

Mischief has claimed an island named Kri near Gnu and Ka, placing a tiny node of Journalism at its center. (Mischief: -1E)

Mischief has created 2000 Paperboys, messengers of mischief. (Mischief: -10E)

Isgon's Elephant hunters have returned with some ivory.

Zurion openly welcomes other gods to Gnu.

Zurion has created a tiny pool of Turtle for the Swimmer, who has gratefully constructed a shrine filled with gifts of cloth. The prominent newspaper of Gnu seems not to have any strikingly interesting news at the moment. Additionally, Zurion has created a small node of Discipline on Kri named Sapzarap. (Zurion: -3E)

Kyuu has taught the Telrac more about basic tools. They seem to have some existing familiarity with them.

Urthon seems not to have much in the way of non-Shade followers, not helped by the fact that the Shades cannot safely spread Urthon's ways.

News of Munroe's suggested motto for the Paperboys has spread rapidly, but not the adoption of the motto itself.

Xenia has mixed with ??Batshorthsech?? and attempted to convince Axt to leave.

Isgon has noticed several new "temples of knowledge" (schools) opening up on Ka.

Urthon has created a big Darkness node halfway to the core in ??Zoigast?? from pieces of the darkness of the souls of mortals (and also immortals). (Urthon: -8E)

With no real opposition and plenty of well-wishers, Atian has created the Chaos Lake, a tiny Chaos node in/near Draki territory. (Atian: -1E)

Meow has left the Bubble for destinations unknowable.

A party of Turtleonie youth are questing for snow with mystical properties.
Cheese has been discovered simultaneously yet independently by Draki and Generic humanoids.
An unexpectedly loud cry of something like "CZARNA" was briefly heard.

New (i.e. future) prayers and purrayers have been disabled by a certain Council ruling.

No one this Tick qualified for influence income, will recheck next Tick. (max. worship income to qualify: Still -0.3E/t) Make a race! Influence is somewhat less reliable!

Suspended actions
(Mostly due to unknown/unavailable traits)
Axt: Crete 17 droplets (also here) (cost likely negligible (base of 0.068), in stasis to maintain some semblance to the rule of law)
Kyuu: Create 500 Telrac (also here)
Vir: Create 5000 tier one stone dragons
Vir: Create 1000 Mimics on Ka
Sollia: Create Jhannis the Delva
Ascald: Create the Eternal Champion

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Council resolutions
Spoiler: Council resolutions (click to show/hide)
Proposalog

Other
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Failed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Passed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Added (click to show/hide)

EDIT: ??.?? -> ??Zoigast??
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:52:27 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 06, 2016, 04:50:44 am »

((Axt teleported the pot to a random location on the main planet, so that it can be found, and people can fight over it.))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • ĩ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1115 on: May 06, 2016, 04:51:26 am »

((I forgot to paste the planet name in between the ?? and the ??, making it ????))

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 06, 2016, 04:53:26 am »

((I forgot to paste the planet name in between the ?? and the ??, making it ????))
Ah, well that's okay.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 06, 2016, 04:59:44 am »

Create some more generic humanoids.

About 5E worth.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 06, 2016, 05:26:24 am »

"As it stands I am for a complete reform of the resolutions we made.
Points that we definitely need to work on: Race creation, Agent Creation, Essence Gain, Also we need to get rid of the ridiculous amount of 1000 proposals.
Is it still possible to create generic humanoids and gain essence from it? I kinda miss the point of creating completely undefined creatures, as this forces me as a disciplined turtlegod to chose the same route though I wish to less mechanically sip essence out of these suckers, Instead I want to guide them and harness their essence when they excell due to discipline. So we need a faith systematic, for which we already have a groundwork for. As far as I know we do have worship splitting, so that is more or less settled. I do not intend to stop other gods going to Gnu and doing stuff there, if it does not hinder the disciplin of Gnu, and I don't mind my followers to pray to other gods, but if the mechanic enforced me to viciously defend them as they are my only income, this forces me, a god, to do something I do not want to do. I have a feeling that others feel similar. I have a couple of ideas to work this essence gain and generecism."

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 06, 2016, 07:05:31 am »

Give the Draki intelligence+1 and night vision(1.5)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 06, 2016, 07:29:30 am »

Zurion appears as a ghostly, golden glowing version of himself to the youth band.
"Ah young Turtleonies, I see you have eagerness in your eyes, and pure discipline in your heart. Follow your leads and keep yourself orderly and disciplined and you shall find what you are looking for." Follow them around, disguised as a small flying turtle with wings of a dove. Telepathically speak to the Turtleonie who has build a shrine at the turtle pond. "If you wish to have immortality, then you must try to find ways to improve the shrine, so more people can gather there and also you must create ceremonies. Ceremonies that remind the world that the turtle is a fierce and disciplined animal, to be honoured and honed. Outrsiders may enter the shrine to turn animals of theirs into turtle versions. Find also magically inclined. They shall try to find ways to use the discipline of ley to change people more turtleish.

Propose:
Spoiler: Transformation Magic (click to show/hide)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 06, 2016, 10:47:21 am »

Xenia drifts uncertainly, before gathering up her essence and entering Batshorthsech.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1122 on: May 06, 2016, 01:26:36 pm »

Zurion appears as a ghostly, golden glowing version of himself to the youth band.
"Ah young Turtleonies, I see you have eagerness in your eyes, and pure discipline in your heart. Follow your leads and keep yourself orderly and disciplined and you shall find what you are looking for." Follow them around, disguised as a small flying turtle with wings of a dove. Telepathically speak to the Turtleonie who has build a shrine at the turtle pond. "If you wish to have immortality, then you must try to find ways to improve the shrine, so more people can gather there and also you must create ceremonies. Ceremonies that remind the world that the turtle is a fierce and disciplined animal, to be honoured and honed. Outrsiders may enter the shrine to turn animals of theirs into turtle versions. Find also magically inclined. They shall try to find ways to use the discipline of ley to change people more turtleish.

Propose:
Spoiler: Transformation Magic (click to show/hide)
"I believe this is one of the few things that does not require a proposal to pass, but I will Support it regardless."

Create a runed portal connecting Ur to the homeland of the Keardai in the desert, using 3E. It takes the form of a stone archway, swirling with greenish-teal energy, big enough for three Keardai abreast to walk through comfortably, and is covered in thousands of advanced runes that -could- be deciphered with a great deal of time and talent applied, but is definitely a task for generations rather than a single devoted scholar (unless said scholar is immortal.) Passing through without the willing guidance of a Keardai will result in the portal exiting somewhere in the depths of space, unless the one moving through is powerful and practiced enough in magic to force the portal to move them to the proper location.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 06, 2016, 01:32:56 pm »

Isgon tells his mortals to research uses for the ivory. Isgon tells his elephant hunters to only kill the elephant mortals and not the animal. Isgon creates regular elephants.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 06, 2016, 03:48:22 pm »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]
((Well, might as well do some voting.))
"I have heard, and decided to do some proposals."
Trait: Innate Magic [x1.7]: Support
Propose Trait: Animate Artifact [x8]: Creature is an animate magic object, and thus capable of thought, movement, and is made of tough materials.
Propose Trait: Blood Drinker [x1]: Creature need to drink blood to survive, but gains no additional power from it.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 135