Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 223025 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 8 - Twisty Little Passages
« Reply #810 on: June 10, 2017, 02:17:04 pm »

To be fair, Looty does provoke it. He wouldn't have died if he didn't keep trying to steal people's stuff.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 10, 2017, 09:22:37 pm »

use the sling to throw the spare lanterns in the dark places

I believe Dustan's wheelbarrow has the spare sling (and he has the other one in his backpack), and in any case I think you'd be better off pitching them by hand.  Either way, there is a small chance they'll be extinguished in the effort.

I just noticed that there are not spare lanterns though (They are in Dustan Wheelbarrow too), so my action will be changed to.

Give Alyssa the sword, your pick worked well for you and s/he was a hired blade so should know how to use it
Then Grab a bit of the slime with the damaged tunic in the wagon then test if is flammable/explosive.
Try to stay behind someone to not become the first victim of the monster ambush.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 10, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »

That's all for this evening!  Still will wait on Durenadal (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt) and Overseer (FallacyofUrist), and be back tomorrow.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 11, 2017, 04:21:38 pm »

"This place is insane." Look around, make sure there's no wall tigers.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 11, 2017, 09:23:18 pm »

Great, then I'll just need Durenadal (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt).

John (ziizo), going back to the lantern thing, I'd note that everyone in the group has a lantern so there's plenty of redundancy.  You could still slide yours off into the distance if you wanted to do that.  And you have flint in your backpack, so you wouldn't need the lantern's flame for your testing.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 12, 2017, 05:50:41 am »

Great, then I'll just need Durenadal (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt).

John (ziizo), going back to the lantern thing, I'd note that everyone in the group has a lantern so there's plenty of redundancy.  You could still slide yours off into the distance if you wanted to do that.  And you have flint in your backpack, so you wouldn't need the lantern's flame for your testing.

Have John slide his lantern by the tunnel closer to the slime before getting close to it.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 12, 2017, 04:59:16 pm »

"Gahh! We should have expected this." look around cautiously
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 12, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »

Previous -- Next

That's everyone, so we continue!

You have learned to be cautious, each in your own way.  First, John tries to shed some light on the situation, sending his lantern skidding off where he sees the shiny trails.

Ugh, it goes out.  Whatever, let's get a closer look here; it seems the trails you spotted a moment ago are very faint dried residue, very thin.  You pass off your sword to Alyssa and retrieve your flint to try to catch some on fire, but there's almost nothing there to catch and you get no effect.

Alyssa, meanwhile, goes a short distance ahead (with a lit lantern) peering into the tunnels with determination.  Overseer and Durenadal do the exact same thing, just from the back, with anxiety.

Overseer finds no obvious hulking threats.  The ceiling is somewhat low, so surely wall tigers would have nowhere to hide . . . right?

Alyssa observes occasional trails over many surfaces, all leading into the eastern tunnel.  Then you hear movement!

Ah, the sounds were just Dustan, Ragnarok, and Dwain coming up from behind.  No problem.  And, um, no Sir Looty.

But more importantly, you see movement!

Down the eastern tunnel you spy small creatures about the size of rats.  They look to be--it is very difficult to say this--ant lemmings.  Their scrawny body has sparse and filthy hair, while their head is insectoid with pincer jaws.  A few crawl in and out of cracks in the wall, hard at work, just like regular ants.  They seem to be working the rock; once brought to his attention, John wonders if that one in the corner has a chunk of healthstone.

Oh, and what's that on the wall next to them?  A carving of people or something?

(Sometimes I cram my game with references.  No idea if anyone is getting these.)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 13, 2017, 07:55:08 am »

Okay,what the fuck is that
I dont know...wait how are you talking?
I dont fucking know
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 13, 2017, 09:12:04 am »

( . . . So there I was, waiting as usual for the players to respond to the update.  I checked the thread in the morning and was surprised to see it all quiet.  Perhaps I was just too fast.  No problem.  Things would get done eventually.)

(Then a post appeared.)

(Oh, this bodes well for getting things done.)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 13, 2017, 09:29:38 am »

Obtain the sling and fire skull then go to retrieve the lantern if the ant-lemming try to get closer throw the fire skull at them and retreat

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 13, 2017, 09:41:53 am »

( . . . So there I was, waiting as usual for the players to respond to the update.  I checked the thread in the morning and was surprised to see it all quiet.  Perhaps I was just too fast.  No problem.  Things would get done eventually.)
(I saw it very soon after posting, but thought I'd best not take advantage of my undue initiative, let someone else drive things.)

(The thing is, I've forgotten what I wanted to do, in the heat of the moment.  Give me a moment or three, though, and I'll get back to my "so late at night that it's actually very early in the morning" state from whence all my best ideas come...  :P)

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 13, 2017, 11:01:32 am »

"Gahh! Ugly!!" Adopt a defensive pose, be ready to attack the lemmings if the make aggressive moves.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 13, 2017, 11:15:15 am »

Well don't mind me if i just stay outta this one
Sits on the ground and starts to meditate
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 13, 2017, 11:38:53 am »

(You know when you sleep on a confusing problem, and it resolves nicely in the morning, everything clear. Well, I slept the opposite way round, I think. Ah well, onwards and upwards. Or downwards. As appropriate.)

Leaving the wheelbarrow, stalk slowly and carefully around the cavern edge, left of the pillar, to near the westernmost crack-tile. Dried slime is ok. Signs of wet slime and I'll go no further, as also with signs of movement. Saving my own light (as per prior instructions, etc), to get a different perspective on the action. Observe. ('My' crack, the northern cavern limit, what I can see of the eastern limb. The ceiling, obviously.) Until necessitated otherwise, at least.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:41:03 am by Starver »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 173