Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52936 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Ideas, forming within my brain!"

Spoiler: HAIL WEST (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game [Sign up now!] [7/10]
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2017, 02:10:31 pm »

Spoiler: Westernization (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East will rise again! (click to show/hide)
Edited
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:16:22 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Edit, to avoid double posting:
Also, we're all just waiting on TankKit and Whisperling right now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:52:52 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: The Easty Guys (click to show/hide)
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Just waiting on Whisperling.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Westerly (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

If you change your action, please edit your previous ones out, or make sure the most correct one has the word "action" in the spoiler title, or some other way of making it obvious.  If you don't do this and I run the wrong action, I'm very unlikely to do takebacks, especially if new information is revealed.

(If I do the turn and I honestly messed something up, please tell me!  I made plenty of small to medium mistakes in the last game I ran.)

TEAM EAST

And now for something completely different!

[Pot:1+2]
[Will:5-2]

The magic reacts unexpectedly; you feel it resisting your desires.  It catches you off guard and don't feel you completely succeeded in bending the power to your will, but it nevertheless takes hold.  A magical sparkle covers your whole body, then flashes into existence.  Your flesh shivers and shudders, then shifts form.  Your skin takes on several new colors and textures, looking variously silvery, gleaming of black stone, and... slightly translucent?  Most notably, some of the areas look... well, it's very hard to describe, but they seem to have some sort of energy to them.  It doesn't feel strongly under your control, though, and you don't think this transformation will last.

Spoiler: EAST (click to show/hide)

[Pot:5+2]

The protection activates again.  A phantom version of yourself is hit by a burst of darkness that appears in front of you, then collapses weakly to the ground when the spell fades.

[Pot:4+2]

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

A decent-sized chunk of a dull silvery metal thunks to the ground in front of you.

[Pot:2+2]

You see a vision of a land of death and decay.  Everything is dying, rotting, succumbing to the passage of time.  Bones, fungus, rot, everything looks old.

This nets you a few strips of leather.

Another vision, almost the opposite of the first one you saw.  Everything is teeming with life and greenery.  Plants, animals, nature at its most healthy, primal, and fecund.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

A fine, well detailed, ornately embroidered robe pops into existence with a magical flash.  It'd be a great robe if you were ten years old; as it is, it's awfully small.

An iron bar appears in front of you and thuds down.

[Pot:3+2]

This gets you a nice puff of fire.  It's not quite close enough to get your eyebrows, but you definitely felt the heat.

A small pane of glass pops into being.  Rather unsurprisingly, it shatters when it hits the ground.

Edited

This gets you a chunk of bright orange plastic.

A burst of pure noise leaves your ears ringing.  Several teammates glare at you in annoyance.

[Pot:6+2]

A massive bale of cloth thwaps down onto the ground in front of you.  You wish you had a bit of that in your ears prior to the other spell.

You get a vision as well; one of a dimension of raw uncontrolled energy.  Fire, explosions, and destruction fills the air; boulders are exploding at the slightest touch, and anything surviving has massive gashes and craters.  The air is full of lightning and ash.

Another vision; this time, you see a blacksmith pounding away at a broadsword, while in the background, a mounted knight leads a charge against a legion of swordsmen.

You summon quite the sizable chunk of ice.  Cool.

A flurry of magical sparkles and flashes fill the air in front of you.  There's enough that it's hard to look at them.

A large drop of clear liquid forms in front of you and splashes down.  Is that vodka?  Good thing you have the ice!  Now all you need is a twist of lemon.  What's the word for fruit again?

TEAM WEST

You do just that.

[Pot:4+1]

Still nothing.  Maybe you should try something else?

A grey fog appears over your shoulder.  Unlike previous times, it seems to settle into your shoulder.  You can't see it, but you feel it's still there.

Spoiler: Westeros (click to show/hide)

Jerk teammate.

[Pot:5]

This gets you a shimmering image of a pair of horns.

[Pot:3]

This shimmering image is... a stick or something with a blobby thing on the end?  It's kinda blurry.

This image is a dog!  Bark!

And this one's a dagger.

Spoiler: HAIL WEST (click to show/hide)

[Pot:2+1]

This gets you the same vision of the forest again.

This is a shimmering image of a boomerang.  It doesn't come back when it vanishes.

Spoiler: Westernization (click to show/hide)

[Pot:4]

You summon magma mixed in with... something that almost immediately turns to steam as the magma hits it.  You quickly step back.

Now you summon a nice fireball.  This also fails to injure you, but not by much.  You step back again.

[Pot:6]

This gets you a large chunk of glass that shatters when it hits the ground; again, none of the shards hit you.  Seriously?  You're running out of room to step back.

[Pot:3]

A small chunk of copper?  You're almost shocked when you get something not dangerous.

Spoiler: Westerly (click to show/hide)

A series of eldritch runes forms on your right arm.  It fades slightly, but remains.

A small hunk of silvery metal appears before you and plunks to the ground.

BUZZZZZAAAAAAAP goes the electrical discharge in front of you.  The smell of ozone fills the air.

You're not sure what happens until a helpful teammate tells you a magical sparkle covered your head briefly.

Starting to see some combinations!  Will they figure it out and stop being magical idiots?

Well, they might figure it out, but that second one is too much to ask for!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - Spawn Room (6 Pool)
TankKit: Sir Lootington - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - Spawn Room  (5 Pool)
Shadowclaw: Bastien - Spawn Room (3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - Spawn Room (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - Spawn Room (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - Spawn Room (3 Pool)
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Whisperling: Johnny - Spawn Room (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - Spawn Room (4 Pool)

GM Note:  If you summon anything physical, you need to specify that you're picking it up and/or equipping it.  Otherwise, it stays there.  Anything you summon that nobody touches disappears after a few turns because I'm not keeping track of every little thing that gets summoned.  You can say "cast such spell and equip the result" and that works fine.

No.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West Virginia (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:06:09 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35