Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 77304 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #360 on: July 19, 2017, 10:46:13 am »

apologies for the use of the second person in describing your characters' actions this round. I'll try to keep it in third person as much as possible.

Waste not, in that case! Try the floorboards first, and then use any shiv splinters I get from that to make shivs out of my fellow inmate's bones.
I did mention that you are restrained, right? Well, anyway, (6) You flop over on your back and manage to wiggle your tiny little fingers into the crack of a board. The cart is moving, by the way. Well, you pull the board up with a horrible cracking sound and proceed to fall through the gap, getting thoroughly run over by the wagon wheel as a result. You hear a command, and the wagon comes to a stop while you lop about on the ground. (6) at least you haven't acquired any new dents as a result.

Fire.
(4) You send forth a thin, powerful stream of liquid fire, coating the area around where you suspect those guys are. Sure enough, the three hunters dash, fly, and leap out of the burning wreckage, their cloaks slightly singed. One unleashes some kind of magical attack at you, but whatever it was has no noticeable effect. The other two are too busy trying not to burn to respond. "Oh, it's on! It's on now!"

You know Demon Dust is the napalm like stuff right and not the tendril stuff? Should I read the activities of both teams or does the other team's actions not matter for me?

Try to control my body and make the tendrils go away. Are hostiles still around if so:  try to run/ fly away by floating with dragon wings and then firing air, propelling myself in  the other direction. If not: look around and try to find the commander.

I know what the demon dust is. I also know that Horatio got infected by some weird alien bullshit, and that makes for entertaining problems when you roll 1s on stuff. Or 6s, for that matter. (3) you manage to get your body moving, though slowly and awkwardly. Sometimes, moving a foot causes spikes of the black stuff to spread from your footprint, sometimes moving an arm fires a sliver of the stuff. Sometimes, you just go stiff. (2) The other hostiles show up, and do not seem to recognize the threat you represent, as they seem totally intent on taking you down.

Thrips glances slowly about the square, tucking his hands into the pockets of his coat.
Seemingly still somewhat dazed by his traumatising dragon-assisted flight, he eventually comes to his senses enough to stumble wearily in the general direction said dragon disappeared in.

Try to gain my bearings, then head in what I think is the direction Frederick went.
Are there any shops and businesses open around here, or is this more of a residential area? Also, are my funds intact, or did my pilfered coins fall out of my pockets during the flight?

This is a residential area. You could probably find a business district with a little walking, but you know the Dragon went toward the religious district, as is evidenced by the bells and the steeples and that one statue of that one goddess.

Well, you walk along, wet and out of place. No one bothers you though. It's almost as if none of them want to get involved. You come into the religious district and stop, half a street away from a big ol' fire. You see those three guys - they look military. And Frederick is holed up in the bell tower of the temple where the fire is.

Dar's priority right now is making sure none of them can escape.  Disable the other wagons.
Dar Pulls the wheels off the remaining wagons as well. Both of them tilt toward the lost wheel, and frm both come the sounds of sudden surprised fear - a chorus of small shrieks and screams, and a whimper or two.

Clunkers - Team B

"Urgent Reminder: Do remind yourselves that we are to save the slaves in this caravan. So try not to blow the entire thing to smithereens."

Stand up straight and let my hood fall off, showing them all my shiny bronze glory. That might draw attention away from my teammates.

Then keep on stopping the hearts of caravan guards. Also those lizards they rode, if those become hostile. Don't touch the slaves though.

One more guard leaps at you, to fall dead at your feet. You turn your eyes on the nearest being who apears to be in any kind of charge. He swallows perceptibly and shouts "we surrender!" No one else really takes note of him at the moment, as they are all busy trying to keep the wagons form tearing themselves apart.

"Aw hell no sons. Y'all about to feel the wide world of hurt, you will."

Go back humanoid and blast the fuck out of those vultures. And also that caravan, if I've got lone of sight already.
(3) You revert to humanoid, tumbling to the ground as you do, and sending a spray of featherlike projectiles at your attackers. They scatter. Seems they aren't really up to fighting humanoids. THen the weird shadow thingy touches you and sort of morphs into you.

"Right now, I can't do much at all really. But after I've stuck with you and you've killed some things then I'll be able to help you out."
Ride the birdgirl
((Ride is a shortened version of an ability name. Valyrie isn't jumping on your character or anything. from your perspective she's just gonna try to touch you.))
You touch the birdgirl thingy and flow into her, making her shadow stand out in intense relief, almost as if it were a three dimensional being of its own.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 19, 2017, 11:04:57 am »

Vlad, b team, just keep protecting clunkers with a spell, if anyone gets near me stab them in the gut
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 19, 2017, 12:51:17 pm »

"Can't catch me, I'm the stabby stab man!"

Roll away! Or wait, how exactly am I restrained? If my feet aren't, just run away.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:05:27 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 19, 2017, 12:59:02 pm »

(Liquid fire?  That's a suprise.  Should I describe it as spitting, then, rather than breathing?)

One more blast at the one that shot back.  Try to stay in cover should another shot come.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:57:48 pm by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 19, 2017, 01:46:41 pm »

"MENACING STATEMENT: THOSE OF YOU WHO REMAIN WILL LAY DOWN THEIR WEAPONS, GATHER IN A ROW AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AWAY FROM THE CARAVAN AND GET ON THEIR KNEES AND PUT THEIR HANDS ON THEIR HEADS. YOU WILL THEN SUBMIT TO INTERROGATION AND HAVING YOUR HANDS TIED. RESISTANCE OR FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN DEATH."

CLunkers then turns to his teammates

"Request: This one would appreciate it if one of you went about collecting the surrendering people's weapons, and also tying their hands behind their backs. The others should go about freeing the slaves and looking after them if they need help. Gently prodding them for information is possible, but do remind yourselves that getting them back safely is part of our mission. Don't damage the goods, so to say."

If any of the caravan guards resists, stop their heart. Once they're in a row at the side of the road, start interrogating them, one by one: "Query: Organic, state your name and rank. Then, state all the information you know about the origin, ownership and purpose of this caravan. Non-compliance will be punished."

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 20, 2017, 02:28:16 pm »

"This is not ughh... how you treat your betters..."
Try to fire a cloud of demon dust at my enemies.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 20, 2017, 02:49:03 pm »

"Oi fucks! Drop those pointies like the tin-thingy says or we'll make your head into delicious gribbles!"

Boost over to the convoy. Pick the biggest and strongest defender person and shotgun blast them to prove my strength.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2017, 01:11:49 am »

...Is Dar close enough to Clunkers to have heard his statements?  I would assume not, as he has ignored his allies in favor of sneaking in before anyone else acted, but I feel I should make sure.  He'd stop to argue if he did indeed hear.

Otherwise, he'll buff and then start killing, from the back of the caravan forward.  Twoleg (Demihuman) guards are a priority, then lizards, then any twoleg children.  Surrendering enemies are just safer kills; the only twoleg Dar will try to leave alive is the head merchant.

Regardless of Dar's actions, did we explicitly get told to not harm the children?  Pancaek's assuming we did, whereas I've been assuming it was only implied.  The briefing wasn't written IC, so I'm unsure which is the correct interpretation.  If we were told to leave the kids unharmed, Dar won't touch any of them.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2017, 01:23:11 am »

No Action
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 22, 2017, 09:36:49 pm »

"Can't catch me, I'm the stabby stab man!"

Roll away! Or wait, how exactly am I restrained? If my feet aren't, just run away.
(2)v(5) nope.You get thrown into another wagon, and tied to the bars this time.

(Liquid fire?  That's a suprise.  Should I describe it as spitting, then, rather than breathing?)

One more blast at the one that shot back.  Try to stay in cover should another shot come.
You score a direct hit, but, remarkably, the being just shrugs it off. Like, literally, he shrugs and the fire drains off like water. 9breathing, spitting, either way. Launching works too)
Neither of the others make any progress toward you this round, still dealing with the previous fire.

"This is not ughh... how you treat your betters..."
Try to fire a cloud of demon dust at my enemies.
You stand, and get control of yourself. You breathe demon dust. It seems to cause the black tendrils to retreat back inside you. You stretch your arms as the cops lay twitching on the ground.

"C'mon, mate. well done. Let's get out of here for now, eh? Looks like the boys are in the wind, mostly. We'll round 'em up later, dig? Bail out the ones tha got caught. Right on? Good work, good work."
The Captain places a hand on your shoulder, reaching up a bit to do so. You never noticed he was shorter than you before. He tilts his head toward a darkened corner and heads off.

Vlad, b team, just keep protecting clunkers with a spell, if anyone gets near me stab them in the gut
mkay. He is unthreatened, and no one approaches you.

"MENACING STATEMENT: THOSE OF YOU WHO REMAIN WILL LAY DOWN THEIR WEAPONS, GATHER IN A ROW AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AWAY FROM THE CARAVAN AND GET ON THEIR KNEES AND PUT THEIR HANDS ON THEIR HEADS. YOU WILL THEN SUBMIT TO INTERROGATION AND HAVING YOUR HANDS TIED. RESISTANCE OR FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN DEATH."

CLunkers then turns to his teammates

"Request: This one would appreciate it if one of you went about collecting the surrendering people's weapons, and also tying their hands behind their backs. The others should go about freeing the slaves and looking after them if they need help. Gently prodding them for information is possible, but do remind yourselves that getting them back safely is part of our mission. Don't damage the goods, so to say."

If any of the caravan guards resists, stop their heart. Once they're in a row at the side of the road, start interrogating them, one by one: "Query: Organic, state your name and rank. Then, state all the information you know about the origin, ownership and purpose of this caravan. Non-compliance will be punished."

(3) A few of the nearest people line up and hand over a couple of small weapons. Most, again, seem unaware of your existence as they are dealing with the carts.

"Oi fucks! Drop those pointies like the tin-thingy says or we'll make your head into delicious gribbles!"

Boost over to the convoy. Pick the biggest and strongest defender person and shotgun blast them to prove my strength.
You hop over and scan the crowd. Who is even defending? maybe that guy over there? There's a couple of beefy looking guys at the carts, but they are trying to put wheels on. Maybe someone in that line over by the metal man? That fat one looks promising. Or those lizards over there. They all look fairly strong. They're just sort of idling though, like lizards do. But you know they are part of the caravan because they have saddles.

No Action
Tick tick tick tick .....

...Is Dar close enough to Clunkers to have heard his statements?  I would assume not, as he has ignored his allies in favor of sneaking in before anyone else acted, but I feel I should make sure.  He'd stop to argue if he did indeed hear.

Otherwise, he'll buff and then start killing, from the back of the caravan forward.  Twoleg (Demihuman) guards are a priority, then lizards, then any twoleg children.  Surrendering enemies are just safer kills; the only twoleg Dar will try to leave alive is the head merchant.

Regardless of Dar's actions, did we explicitly get told to not harm the children?  Pancaek's assuming we did, whereas I've been assuming it was only implied.  The briefing wasn't written IC, so I'm unsure which is the correct interpretation.  If we were told to leave the kids unharmed, Dar won't touch any of them.
Hmm, good question. Were you told specifically not to harm the slave kids, or was it simply implied? (2) simply implied. Overlooked even.
Now, the caravan is currently made up of: the line of surrendering merchants, several worker types who may be guards as well, but look like laborers - all trying to fix the wheels, the four de-ridered lizards, several oxen type creatures, and the slaves in the carts. at least, that's what you are aware of. Who are you attacking and how?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 22, 2017, 09:48:11 pm »

Just wait for an opportunity! Subtly try to loosen my bindings if I can.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 22, 2017, 10:40:13 pm »

Vlad, B team: Collect the weapons the men discard
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 22, 2017, 10:50:37 pm »

Kill the lizards, then. Keeps them from escaping more permanently than taking out the wheels.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 22, 2017, 11:35:39 pm »

The ones trying to fix the wheels die first, though Dar will keep an eye on any nearby lizards, and switch to them if they start moving towards him.  He'll buff up, strengthening his back legs while lengthening their claws, then pounce onto a neck and rake the spine a few times before leaping to the next victim.

...I don't think this has ever been answered, but I've been wondering, so how much larger did Dar get after his accidentally permanent wild shape in Lathal?  Maine Coon size, or bobcat size?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 23, 2017, 03:58:14 am »

Doesn't fire always work?  What's going on?

Also, is the hole for the bell big enough for me to fit down, and do I feel like I could take off from this elevated position, despite the wounded leg?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 05:39:11 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44