Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 77431 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2017, 04:29:33 pm »

Pas'qet pokes the captain with a stray quill, and meekly inquires.

"Ah, uh, caplainbosssiryesmaamnsuch, hum. Can I's taking this bagel off my headparts?"

With the captain's consent, remove the bag from my head. Then follow Mistergasbagelnsuch to whatever Hell the gort chap'lain intended.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2017, 05:51:29 pm »

Gak cackiggles, a strange and stupid-sounding amalgam of cackling and giggling.

"And so I escape with no consequences once again! Fufufufufu!"

Go scamper around until I find some seedy lowlife tavern or something akin to it. Mayhaps I'll find clues to where the hell my crew went on the way.

Yes, Gak is entirely unaware that the guy in the courtroom was one of his teammates.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 14, 2017, 10:40:12 pm »

Spoiler: @Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Dar'yajira hisses and shrinks away from the shadowy twolegs and their burning gaze.  He tries to look around for a moment, but instead of moving just closes his eyes and curls up tightly.

Dar (and syv...) is lost, and has no idea what's going on or what to do.  So he's going to fall back on the most logical thing for a druid and ask nature for help.  Cast something.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 15, 2017, 04:47:42 am »

Valyrie now has to resist the momentary urge to suffocate Vlad, which apparenrly she failed to do last turn. Best to remove herself from the temptation. She takes the cloth off Vlad's face again and asks someone else to do for Vlad what she apparently lacks the self-control to do herself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 15, 2017, 11:39:40 am »

Try and see what that glint is. Use Robutt Farseeing if need be.

Frederick action: Sniff the hunk of meat. If it doesn't smell rotten/bad/poisonous, take a nibble.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 15, 2017, 02:34:35 pm »

(Back.  Thanks for filling in Pan, you did good.)

What Pan said.  Get angry if the muzzle prevents eating, which seems likely.

Also:

Looks like Freddie is starting to reason and use tools, though he hasn't names for them, or even really the awareness that he is planning.
((So does this mean I should play Freddie a little smarter?))

((I didn't actually get a yes or no here.))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:07:40 am by Devastator »

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 15, 2017, 02:40:39 pm »

Turn towards the court puff up with smoke and release, creating a smokescreen. Towards the hill, I go. I was planning to escape dramatically by floating away but I guess I can't carry 2 people.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:46:41 pm by Loki987 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 16, 2017, 12:52:05 am »

Just... watch for now, I suppose. Try and see how much Frederick's restraints impede him.
Try not to vomit from nerves or sweat too profusely as I consider my next move.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 17, 2017, 06:46:54 am »

Spoiler: @Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Dar'yajira hisses and shrinks away from the shadowy twolegs and their burning gaze.  He tries to look around for a moment, but instead of moving just closes his eyes and curls up tightly.

Dar (and syv...) is lost, and has no idea what's going on or what to do.  So he's going to fall back on the most logical thing for a druid and ask nature for help.  Cast something.
(5) Dar roots himself in the sand and feels the reality of his situation. The vision fades as energy flows into him, heat is radiated, and clarity returns. Dar senses the quiet expectations of the life of the desert: inert in the heat of the day, awaiting a cooler time in which to be active. He senses the cold blooded nature of the desert lizards, who get sluggish as the sun's intensity rises, and he realizes his mistake. Action at High Sun in the land of Sun is strenuous. A wise being would be lazy at such times.

Valyrie now has to resist the momentary urge to suffocate Vlad, which apparenrly she failed to do last turn. Best to remove herself from the temptation. She takes the cloth off Vlad's face again and asks someone else to do for Vlad what she apparently lacks the self-control to do herself.
-sigh- I thought the image of Vlad breathing noisily through a wet cloth was funny. Lemme retcon the results of your partial failure so you don't feel like UI overwrote your character: Valyrie began wiping Vlad wit hteh wet cloth. This caused a sudden, unexpectedly vilent reaction in which Vlad knocks the cloth out of Valyrie's grasp and into the dust a dozen feet away. His sweat has already dried on his skin and is no longer evident. There. No "attempting to suffocate." No "Amusing partial failure." Just "Hey, a -2 medical skill used on someone with a genuine medical crisis." Better?

Anyway, the slavers, having been released from the wrath of Clunkers, seem rather disinclined to help the malevolent ghost try to resusitate the abusive cleric who was so intent on beating them silly mere minutes ago. After a moment of glaring, one shrugs, walks over, and kicks Vlad roughly in the side. "Wake up, asshole!" (5) This has the desired effect. Vlad is awake and not dead. He can get some water in himself now.

Try and see what that glint is. Use Robutt Farseeing if need be.

Frederick action: Sniff the hunk of meat. If it doesn't smell rotten/bad/poisonous, take a nibble.

It's Dar. Hes acting strangely, but he seems to be coming to his senses on his own. You see his temperature noticeably cool as you watch.

(Back.  Thanks for filling in Pan, you did good.)

What Pan said.  Get angry if the muzzle prevents eating, which seems likely.

Also:

Looks like Freddie is starting to reason and use tools, though he hasn't names for them, or even really the awareness that he is planning.
((So does this mean I should play Freddie a little smarter?))

((I didn't actually get a yes or no here.))
Yes, you may start acting at above animal intelligence. No, the muzzle does not prevent you from eating, though it does restrict the movement of your mouth a bit, making it more work to take smaller chunks than you like. As yo uchew, you feel a lumpy part rub on the back of your head. That's probably where the muzzle latches.

Just... watch for now, I suppose. Try and see how much Frederick's restraints impede him.
Try not to vomit from nerves or sweat too profusely as I consider my next move.
(6) He can hop around and do basic things, but he is definitely restricted from large actions. The metal cylinders on his back look stoppered. You've never actually seen what they do yet, though, so why they are stoppered is a mystery. Anyway, you get a little over excited watching Frederick and nearly fall over the railing. the officer grabs you by the back of the shirt and pulls you back. "Alright lad? Let's head out before you become someone's lunch eh? Maybe come back again tomorrow if you wanna fed him again. Get here early though. Might be others wanna see too, right?" And with that, the officer leads you outside and to the main stret before going back into the station.

Pas'qet pokes the captain with a stray quill, and meekly inquires.

"Ah, uh, caplainbosssiryesmaamnsuch, hum. Can I's taking this bagel off my headparts?"

With the captain's consent, remove the bag from my head. Then follow Mistergasbagelnsuch to whatever Hell the gort chap'lain intended.
Turn towards the court puff up with smoke and release, creating a smokescreen. Towards the hill, I go. I was planning to escape dramatically by floating away but I guess I can't carry 2 people.

Bag removed, smokescreen established, Pas'qet, Horatio, and Captain Grey head Hillward. You arrive at a gated wall, flanked by two ceremonial guards. They look competent though - not just for looks. Put them under. We haven't time to mess around. We have an appointment to keep, after all.

Gak cackiggles, a strange and stupid-sounding amalgam of cackling and giggling.

"And so I escape with no consequences once again! Fufufufufu!"

Go scamper around until I find some seedy lowlife tavern or something akin to it. Mayhaps I'll find clues to where the hell my crew went on the way.

Yes, Gak is entirely unaware that the guy in the courtroom was one of his teammates.

Those guys. Grey was there as well. Never mind though, ignorance is bliss. (3) (2) -snicker- You wander around until you find what looks like a bar. It's not nearly as seedy as you'd like, but it'll do in a pinch.
Unfortunately, you spot half your team coming up the street at the same time. Even more unfortunately, they spot you as well. "there you are. Come on. We have work to do. No time for carousing. And so you get swept up with the main group and find yourself in front of the gated wall with the others.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 17, 2017, 07:04:56 am »

crawl for water.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:21:24 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 17, 2017, 07:36:09 am »

>.> not really better. Egan and Sy were right. I was in the wrong to be upset.
I want to take the win anyway because its not my character that was endangered by my mistake though, if thats okay, but I was in the wrong before.
Val's action last turn was my best attempt to rationalize her mistake, not a retcon request. The action result of before where she was sucfocating vlad... it was perfectly legit. I wasn't thinking clearly when I reacted to it, sorry.
Just... kinda putting that out there, no need to act on it in any way.

Give Vlad the water I'd set aside for him, and await his reaction to the situation.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 17, 2017, 08:10:53 am »

((Roger.  Sometimes I'm just dumb and need it explicitly spelled out for me.))

Make another attempt at removing that muzzle using the nail, this time knowing where it locks onto my head.  If that fails, try to cough up a little firebreath out of the muzzle and onto the foot wrappings.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:45:21 pm by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 17, 2017, 04:58:15 pm »

Gak grumbles at being made to do things, not that he wouldn't enjoy doing some of them probably, but being told to do it cramps his style.

Let's see where this goes, shall we? Be reasonably cooperative for the moment.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 19, 2017, 02:07:48 pm »

Engulf them by paralosis (paralyzing them).

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 19, 2017, 03:21:44 pm »

Give 'em a right pokin'.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44