Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 20813 times)

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2017, 05:03:16 pm »

Call continues his riverdance, kicking up leaves with his feet.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2017, 12:23:21 pm »

Add the bird, dog, and rabbit to my list of wild shape forms.

Turn into a bird and scout out the surrounding area.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2017, 08:30:26 pm »

Add the bird, dog, and rabbit to Bob's my list of wild shape forms.

Turn into a bird and scout out the surrounding area.
Who's that pokedryad?!?

Dibs on Aster's spot?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2017, 05:02:19 pm »

Autumn 8, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Dog (T): 15/15
Rabbit (NNE): 4/5
Cor-Mite x28 (N): 2/2

Nute moves to the tree tile. Nute invokes Random Spell, and the spell Weed Spores pertaining to the Noxious Breath skillset has been added to his list of abilities. See the second post in the IC thread for more details. Nute also uses Compost on the yellow fluid, which does not change much. It seems it was already in a reasonably beneficial state for the tree to begin with. (This action should have failed because he did not move to the tree, but the GM already did all the necessary paperwork needed to add a new spell and didn't want to undo all of that.)

Hikari attempts to befriend the dog. The dog walks up to her and starts to sniff at her. Hikari then considers what the dog just did near the tree... She determines that there is only one kind of yellow fluid that is emmitted by dogs on occasion.

Geos casts Geode Bomb on the rat, dealing 4 damage which kills the rodent. Geos then invokes Heal at the cost of 1 mana to instantly heal 5 health.

Call... Just sort of keeps dancing. I think this is about the end of this seemingly pointless dance? This isn't some kind of GM secret action thing. This GM does like to keep secrets, but there is no secret behind this. Its just sort of a weird thing that Call decided to do.

ATHATH neglected to include his character's name in his post. Since he was recently accepted the GM will overlook it this time, but you are supposed to include your characters name in your action posts. Wild Shape does not actually come with a list of forms, so forms cannot really be added to it. Bob takes the shape of a bird. Because no direction was specified, the GM picks one at random, which turns out to be North. A large amount of dark purple-ish insects can be seen on this tile.

Aster Witheredlock falls over. RAM cannot take over anyones spot because he is not on the waitlist. If you want to play the game, make sure you are on the waitlist on the second post of the OOC thread. For reasons too obvious to mention, being in the game already counts as not being on the waitlist. Also, nobody can call dibs on a spot. Anyone else on the waitlist had a window of time about 24 hours in length to take over Aster's spot and missed it.

Update - Ability Use: For best results it would be ideal if you would always include the name of any ability that you want to use. The GM may not always assume you want to use an ability even if it should seem obvious.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2017, 05:32:06 pm »

(I believe that Nute already moved to the tree to compost stuff in the previous turn.)
(okay, okay, weed spores looks bad, but combined with compost it could be pretty awesome, just need to stop it getting out of hand...)

Nute starts trying to produce a cloud of Stink-mouth bad-smell along the northern border of Our Beloved Master's tile.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2017, 08:08:35 pm »

Call begins research on an advanced form of dance, that has been whispered across the wind by the gods of beat.
This secret technique is known as "Breakdancing".
While researching it he goes south and casts Gust on the most condensed group of core mites.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:35:45 am by quantumMastermind »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2017, 08:21:43 pm »

Call begins research on an advanced form of dance, that has been whispered across the wind by the gods of beat.
This secret technique is known as "Breakdancing".

OOC: Suggest that you make a new character with a Dance skillset.

Hikari invokes Random Spell, then tries to mount the doggo.

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2017, 11:31:49 pm »

Bob continues flying North in search of the center point/leader of this mass of insects. Are they heading towards the tree?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2017, 12:28:07 am »

I Would like to take Aster Witheredlock's spot.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2017, 12:41:28 am »

Geos goes back to digging further down using Shift Earth, continuing the slope of the hole into a tunnel through the clay area and making sure the walls and ceiling are packed so they don't collapse. Any excess dirt will go to buildings towards the north border of the tree tile. Mounds, hills, and small walls, checkerboard patterns, whatever would make the terrain more difficult for terrestrial creatures other than the Dryads to traverse.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2017, 04:22:04 pm »

Autumn 9, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Dog (T): 15/15
Rabbit (NNE): 4/5
Cor-Mite x21 (N): 2/2
Cor-Mite x6 (N): 1/2

Nute uses his Stink-Mouth ability to make the northern portion of tile T smell atrocious.

Call thinks about breakdancing, and moves south to where the Cor-Mites are and decides to attack a large group of them on his own. His gust attack inflicts 2 damage to one of the mites, and 1 damage to six others. The other 21 Cor-Mites turn hostile and quickly swarm Call and even without the self imposed speed penalty that came along with his dancing call is unable to avoid them. Call is bitten for a total of 16 damage. It is too bad that Call wasn't around to learn when a very similar mistake was made by a certain other dryad.

Hikari Sandashi invokes Random Spell, and gains the "Starlight Grenade" ability. See the second post for more details. Hikari then attempts to mount the dog, which I can only assume means "ride on its back". The dog seems to be just a little bit too small for an adolescent Dryad to ride on however. It barks a bit and crawls out from underneath Hikari.

Bob flies to the north and discovers that he passed by all the insects without finding any obvious leaders. They are not heading towards the tree, possibly because they were distracted by a certain other dryad. There appears to be a few dead rats in this area, if that is the kind of thing that would catch your attention.

Geos continues to dig using Shift Earth, bringing up enough clay to roll into a ball along with yet more dirt. Geos spreads the dirt around, but quickly finds that the wall around the tree is probably the extent of what Geos can make using dirt as a material.

Aster Witheredlock fades away, and Antherus emerges!

Tip - Subtle changes: Remember to pay attention to the inside of some of the spoilers. Not all changes are announced outside of them!

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2017, 05:01:37 pm »

Nute revive(Tier 1)s Call upon the stinky, stinky ground, and continues to forge a barrier of stink against the mitey horde.
Read the First Post!

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2017, 06:05:54 pm »

Can I act immediately upon revival, if so, Call waits for any Core mites to enter the T tile, if they do he casts Gust on any that do, if they don't he attempts to cast Gust on the Core mites still on tile N.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2017, 06:50:33 pm »

Antherus Heads north, And Directs as many mites as it can to head Norther.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2017, 09:00:10 pm »

Scout Eastward.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23