Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 820283 times)

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r1
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2017, 01:19:13 pm »

Because other than the tamers, the broken dwarves were in the temple/tavern

Do they take jobs like "Drink" etc?  Do you have burrows?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2017, 01:57:23 pm »

Well, given that a boolean function is defined, it ought to have some function, but I may very well be barking up the wrong tree regarding what that function is. (It's also use to set 'USE_GRAPHICS = dscreen.inGraphicsMode()' in the beginning of gui.lua).
It does have a purpose - it returns what the GRAPHICS setting is in init.txt. See the Lua API documentation.
dfhack.screen.inGraphicsMode()

Checks if [GRAPHICS:YES] was specified in init.
USE_GRAPHICS

Contains the value of dfhack.screen.inGraphicsMode(), which cannot be changed without restarting the game and thus is constant during the session.
It's impossible to change without restarting DF because DF simply does not support changing that setting in-game. TWBT essentially reimplements a lot of pieces of libgraphics itself in order to accomplish something similar.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2017, 01:59:54 pm »

Did retiring my tavern and temple cause the dwarves that were using them to break? because most of them are just sitting there with "No Job" even though many of them have jobs, such as my animal trainers that are refusing to tame some of my baby animals for seemingly no reason

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I tried using things such as workNow, but they caused absolutely nothing to change
This sounds like something that isn't DFHack-related. As far as I know, you can't use DFHack to retire a fortress. That's a vanilla feature.

If there's a reason why you posted about your issue in this thread, you'll need to be more specific about how exactly DFHack is affecting it.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2017, 02:12:36 pm »

Because other than the tamers, the broken dwarves were in the temple/tavern

Do they take jobs like "Drink" etc?  Do you have burrows?

They DO appear to be doing that, but despite that they mostly just sit in the area doing nothing at all, several of them are just sitting on top of each other and the animal tamers won't tame most of the baby cave crocodiles or 3 of the 4 baby dralthlas but they WILL train the newly caught cave crocodile and then go back to sitting still, slowly building up unmet needs, I HAD a burrow but that was for the trolls I modded to be trainable and I had to kill them and remove the burrow when I realized any animal trainer who tried to train them just stopped moving entirely to the point of slowly dehydrating to death if I let them, now they don't even do THAT or haul, although I know we have stockpile room because two dwarves are hauling things... I can't even tell if this is a glitch or if I'm just really unlucky (for reference about 50 dwarves are currently idlers out of my 120 dwarves total (and of ones that ARE working, most are either military or just repasturing the strays that keep immediately leaving the pasture (although I DO have a few that ARE doing things))

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2017, 02:13:31 pm »

I didn't retire a fortress I retired a temple and a tavern IN the fortress, and I think that's DFhack because the pop-up I get when I hit the button has DFhack on it

EDIT: So, oddest thing, I was testing a theory(turned out to be incorrect) so I had saved and then reloaded but when I reloaded it.. the dwarves decided to start hauling and storing things again, but sadly the animal trainers still refuse to actually do their jobs, even the ones who as a test, I turned off all other labors just sit there I don't understand what happened since I had saved and reloaded before without this result....

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2017, 03:09:02 pm »

I didn't retire a fortress I retired a temple and a tavern IN the fortress, and I think that's DFhack because the pop-up I get when I hit the button has DFhack on it
Oh. The only DFHack feature there is the confirmation. Vanilla DF allows you to delete locations, but does so instantly. DFHack's "confirm" plugin simply intercepts the key you pressed, and only passes it to DF if you confirm that you want to delete the location.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2017, 03:15:28 pm »

I see... So I'm going to assume my dwarves were just being dumb and my animal trainers just all hate baby animals or something

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2017, 04:30:34 pm »

Well, given that a boolean function is defined, it ought to have some function, but I may very well be barking up the wrong tree regarding what that function is. (It's also use to set 'USE_GRAPHICS = dscreen.inGraphicsMode()' in the beginning of gui.lua).
It does have a purpose - it returns what the GRAPHICS setting is in init.txt. See the Lua API documentation.
dfhack.screen.inGraphicsMode()

Checks if [GRAPHICS:YES] was specified in init.
USE_GRAPHICS

Contains the value of dfhack.screen.inGraphicsMode(), which cannot be changed without restarting the game and thus is constant during the session.
It's impossible to change without restarting DF because DF simply does not support changing that setting in-game. TWBT essentially reimplements a lot of pieces of libgraphics itself in order to accomplish something similar.
Thanks lethosor! I suspected it was too easy to be true, and it was...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2017, 11:37:14 pm »

Incidentally, I've been driving myself nuts trying to get names.lua working again, the way mifki showed me:
local blah = df.new(df.viewscreen_setupadventurest) ; blah.subscreen = 3
...doesn't work anymore.

I tried all sorts of different ways of trying to point it at the name selection screen like blah.child=df.viewscreen_layer_choose_language_namest:new() all the way to shit like trying to have the names screen declared first and then create a .parent as the viewscreen_setupadventurest which was pretty good at crashing df, but I've had shit for luck getting it to work outside of a weird case where it put a screen up properly which wanted the right inputs but it was blank and just prevented me from doing shit besides devel/pop-screen-ing it away.
Update: I didn't understand what that line mifki suggested was doing, so after pondering it I figured out I was a moron and what mifki did was show me how to make dfhack pull up the setup_adventurest screen and then fake input the key to bring up the custom name screen. Needed to use page = 7 instead of subscreen = 3 to get it working as it was, but since I was already getting a feel for shit I decided that, since I know shit about dialogs, I should obviously drive myself nuts trying to figure them out.

...then I checked the hack/lua/gui folder and came to learn it's just an editfield widget in a bitesize wrapper, and so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No more -unit, -item, or -first flags necessary, it'll pick up the target from the relevant screens, and no need to run the script again to apply it, it'll apply it if the first name is changed, and it'll apply the full name on exit properly, so, yay!

Did a pull request (forgot how, fuck, did it backwards first try) with the updated names.lua and other scripts in there.

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2017, 10:44:15 am »

Not sure if this has come up recently, but I made a world with custom parameters, and was attempting to use CREATEITEM, and each time, no matter what I made, it would disappear upon unpausing, no matter what I attempt. Any thoughts/advice? Looks like this fort is by the books! lol

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2017, 10:46:44 am »

Not sure if this has come up recently, but I made a world with custom parameters, and was attempting to use CREATEITEM, and each time, no matter what I made, it would disappear upon unpausing, no matter what I attempt. Any thoughts/advice? Looks like this fort is by the books! lol
That's strange, it's working fine for me. What DFHack build and platform are you using? What items did you try to create? Do you have a unit selected? Does it work if you run "createitem floor" first? Does it work in another location? What about another save?

There's also gui/create-item, which you could try, although I don't know if it would fix your issue. Createitem should definitely work.

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2017, 11:04:48 am »

Since the item exists until you unpause the game, can you open it up in gm-editor and show us the flags? Particularly the garbage_collect flag, which specifically destroys any item as soon as the game is unpaused.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2017, 06:16:59 am »

pondering about creating new worldgen events in adventure mode, like is it possible to just get an retired adventurer to be kidnapped by a night troll?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2017, 01:54:30 pm »

Since the item exists until you unpause the game, can you open it up in gm-editor and show us the flags? Particularly the garbage_collect flag, which specifically destroys any item as soon as the game is unpaused.

did you read the help file? If I remember right it says "createitem" must be run with a creature/unit selected and will place items at their feet.  If you don't the item instantly disappears when the game is unpaused...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2017, 03:02:58 pm »

That's incorrect. createitem was changed to allow creating items anywhere, and before that, creating items without a unit selected wasn't allowed at all (unless you were in the mode that allows you to create items in a building).

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 243