Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]  (Read 21508 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Plight of the Atomic : Ship Thread [IC]
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2017, 10:26:36 pm »

"Hmm, that's a good idea. Th' armory's prolly locked, so we should set up in th' hab unit."

Have the marines set up in the hab area, set up in positions so that they can't be seen from the doors. Also, set up a demo charge near the door we entered through, set to remote detonation. I will detonate it if any non-marine comes through the door.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2017, 09:04:49 pm »

Rhodes would go along with the offered plan, trying to put together makeshift barricades in the hangar.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2017, 12:50:49 am »

Jackson swaps out the SRM missile launcher for the Canister Rifle, then makes note of all possible entrances to the mech hangar. He attempts to lock the airlock, then begins pushing any miscellaneous items in front of doors, to create barricades.

"Can I get a hand making some rudimentary defenses? We have interstellar marines here. I don't want to hold out here, but preparing the room as a backup emergency shelter would be a nice fallback plan."
Rhodes would go along with the offered plan, trying to put together makeshift barricades in the hangar.

[Combined: 6+1 (due to mech help) -> 2] Jackson uses the mech to do some lifting, while Rhodes assembles the finer points. The armor value added by the barricades to those in cover is 2.

"Hmm, that's a good idea. Th' armory's prolly locked, so we should set up in th' hab unit."

Have the marines set up in the hab area, set up in positions so that they can't be seen from the doors. Also, set up a demo charge near the door we entered through, set to remote detonation. I will detonate it if any non-marine comes through the door.

[10 -> 6] On the other side of the equation, the interplanetary marines assemble a stronghold at a T-intersection in a hallway, concealable by a wall that pulls back. Engaging this position in a shootout would be suicide--these are trained men who know what they're doing. Armor value of fortifications: 6

Now, er, they wait.

Retreated where? Rai's ambition is enter the enemies ship. Is my suit to distinct to pose as an escaped hostage?

[3 +> 2] Rai slinks across space and time to meet the repair technicians inside the armory. At first they point guns to his head, but he puts together a compelling case about his origins about the Atomic. They decide to bring him to the captain, who lays down his pistol and decides to have a talk.

((Adding useful dialogue in the future will give +1 to your roll, just FYI. It counts as if using a tool for a non-speech task.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2017, 09:09:02 am »

And now we wait, in ambush!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2017, 09:29:56 am »

Jackson heads back outside the airlock and begins making his way over to the enemy ship, keeping an eye out for any hostiles. If he can make it to the enemy ship in one go, he tries to find an entrance to the enemy ship through the damage his missiles caused earlier.

"Stay here for now. Judging by the explosions, they've blasted their way into our ship. I'll do the same to them."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2017, 04:42:52 pm »

Jackson heads back outside the airlock and begins making his way over to the enemy ship, keeping an eye out for any hostiles. If he can make it to the enemy ship in one go, he tries to find an entrance to the enemy ship through the damage his missiles caused earlier.

"Stay here for now. Judging by the explosions, they've blasted their way into our ship. I'll do the same to them."

((In the mech?))

EDIT:

Oh, and the turn didn't mention it, but I DID swap out weapons, right?))

->Canister Rifle (3x shots multiplier) (Fragmentation: +1 to hit rolls within twice max range) (50m midrange, 150m max)
Can switch to slugs: adds (+4 small blast) (500m midrange, no max) (lose Fragmentation bonus)

((Note that additive bonuses don't get affected by Shots Multiplier, unlike Damage Multiplier))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:27:26 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2017, 04:47:20 pm »

((In the mech?))
((Yeah. I'm too cowardly to go without it. It should make seizing the ship easier.

Oh, and the turn didn't mention it, but I DID swap out weapons, right?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2017, 05:40:48 pm »

((Well it's roughly this big so I doubt it can fit in a typical hallway. Look at that 2-story laboratory.
And yep, weapons are swapped.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2017, 07:00:19 pm »

Rhodes would hang out in the hangar until something interesting happens, trying not to die horribly.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2017, 08:44:13 pm »

"I should make sure I know where they are going. Should be a nasty surprise for them."

Spend 2 reflex to listen and track the footsteps more accurately, and then follow and set up the gun close to their position.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2017, 03:15:50 am »

[Recovery: 11 => +3 Dex]

Jackson jets off to rendevous with the enemy ship. At its side, he finds a bulky figure showing fear. He doesn't look like the marines, however.

The airlock is too small for the mech to fit through, and there's no hangar.

Spoiler: Embarked on Mech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackson's Stats (click to show/hide)

Rhodes would hang out in the hangar until something interesting happens, trying not to die horribly.

A shame. Interesting things don't happen by themselves.

Rhodes discovers a room in the back of the hangar. "Mission Control" it's called. Inside are rows of padded seats surrounding a volumetric display which whirrs to life, its power supply's cooling fans humming in outdated furor.

Depicted is a map of the Atomic and a red outline of the enemy ship. LONGINUS, Jackson's mecha, (does it really belong to him?) is stationkeeping just outside the airlock. Damage to the Atomic's command wing is present at two airlocks, and it warns there are twelve intruders inside the bottom floor of the hab. It gives a rough count of how many there are in one room and in the hallway. 11 and 1 respectively.

Spoiler: Rhodes' Stats (click to show/hide)

[Recovery: 9 => +2 Ref]

"I should make sure I know where they are going. Should be a nasty surprise for them."

Spend 2 reflex to listen and track the footsteps more accurately, and then follow and set up the gun close to their position.

[5 => 4] Abelard slinks over, realizing that the footsteps were actually on the floor above. He listens to their every action--realizing that they are dragging furniture around. Setting up defenses? Abelard hatches a plan.

He sneaks over to the stairs, dragging his vulcan gun around. He then sets up his gun on the floor, right outside the hall and about 30m to the side. [Strength: 3 => 1] The cover pieces were too heavy to bring, so he only brought the gun and less ammo than usual.

He is now operating a Vulcan Cannon (10/10) (x3 fire rate) (100m range) (overheats if consuming ammo, disabling for a turn)

Spoiler: Abelard's Stats (click to show/hide)

:(

Spoiler: Rai's Stats (click to show/hide)

:(

Spoiler: Riker's Stats (click to show/hide)

[Recovery from last turn: 10 => +4 Con]
[Recovery from last turn: 10 => +1 Con +5 Dex]

And now we wait, in ambush!

[3 => 3] Eddie hears noises in the hall. The fortifications are, however, positioned close to the back of the room. They don't cover a wide enough angle to grant access to the side hallways.

The sound of belts moving... ratchets springing... why did nobody else hear this?

Maybe because they kept their helmets on.

Spoiler: Eddie's Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:17:37 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2017, 12:02:54 pm »

Jackson ignores the bulky figure for now, and instead jets around to the cables attaching the marine ship to the Atomic. Using the Lance of Longinus, he separates them, then begins jetting towards the "airlock" the marines used to enter the ship. "Airlock" of course being what is left of the airlock they used.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2017, 12:28:29 pm »

Eddie yells out towards the sounds. "HEY! WE CAN HEAR YOU, WE KNOW WHERE Y' ARE! YOU HAVE FIVE SECONDS TO GET TH' HELL OUT WHERE WE CAN SEE YOU BEFORE Y' GET TORN TO SHREDS BY A BUNCH 'F ANGRY MARINES!"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:43:37 pm by DolosusDoleus »

Vuldrae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2017, 05:28:26 pm »

in the middle of the crossfire, Ryker continues to follow Rai. he ducks down and continues running. it was a close call. then hides behind some pillar. later he notices the marines retreat and tries to find a way into to the ship (atomic) to the main bridge. Ryker then decides to forget about rai and separate in order to save himself.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:10:18 pm by Vuldrae »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2017, 03:49:43 am »

"THAT SOUNDS LIKE A CHALLENGE, YOU LUDDITE PARIAHS! WHY NOT COME OVER AND FACE US, IF YOU SEEM THAT CONFIDANT! GUESS YOU'RE NOT SO BRAVE OUTSIDE THE LITTLE NURSERY YOU SET UP THERE, EH?"

Respond to the challenge in kind, to try and lure them out into a kill zone. Reserve 2 Dex to cut them down if they take the bait.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11