Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167730 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Reign of the Undead Duke [6/6]
« Reply #345 on: July 05, 2017, 05:30:09 pm »

So my amethyst rod can do elemental damage?

You'll need something that could convert arcane to elemental, a charm or some weapon.
Might the Duke have something?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 05, 2017, 06:23:02 pm »

Peasant was meant for a challenge class, I'm actually surprised Dennis is still alive.

What can I say, I'm a super villein.

"Get up, Inquisitor! Shank this heathen!"

Encourage Reynald in his duel.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 06, 2017, 01:27:47 pm »

Turn 18

[6] Aaron left the duel and flied towards left wing of the keep. Following the hallway, he found a sign showing way to barracks and captain's quarters. He entered barracks and saw some old, mostly damaged beds, on some of which skeletons still lying dead. Close to exit by a wall a few empty armor stands and weapon racks were standing. On the other end of the room there were doors to captain's quarters. As soon as Aaron started moving towards them, the doors opened violently and a dark spirit emerged from the room! Through it's energetical orb, wanderer could see it's dread and horrifying face!

[Aaron: 5, Poltergeist: 6] Aaron hastily approached the dark spirit with his crossbow. A few moments before he shot, poltergeist drained some of his health! In dark spirit form, wanderer was able to directly hurt the dark spirit and kill it immediately with a point blank shot at head. With a loud scream, the dark spirit exploded, spraying ghostly dust all around!

[4] After rather harsh landing, Pguhyuh telepatically ordered Smoke to remain watchful and move carefully. First, they tried to hear out any sounds coming from below. Demonologist heard a sound of burning torches or braziers and a woman whispering, he couldn't understand anything as the whispers echoed too much. On the other hand, Smoke could make out some of those words and told Pguhyuh that it was some kind of prayer, but he didn't knew gods it was directed to - some nameless wind godess and Dhynn, a rock giant.

[6] Then they inspected their surroundings. The passage was dark, and there was only one way down - leading towards light and the whispers. Traces of arcane energy were getting stronger down the passage as well. Those amethyst crystals were emitting a tiny fraction of arcane energy too.

[6] Demonologist and his companion from Underworld decided to carefully follow the path, but one of them skipped over a rock and fell at the other and they both tumbled down to another cave!

[1] They landed on the cavern's entry. There was some platform and several broken pillars and damaged blocks. Perhaps it was some ruined temple? There were braziers on each corner of the platform. Suddenly an enormous gargoyle made of amethyst, with broken wings and head of a bull approached them! Utzhgefahl! - it slowly muttered out with a low booming voice, raising it's giantic war axe!

[3] Ah, please Seymour! There's no need to attack, I'm sure that these two travellers mean us no harm! - a figure coming from within the temple said with a calming female voice. She was wearing a black, gold hemmed cloak and her face was hidden behind a hood. The gargoyle stepped aside as his mistress approached Pguhyuh and Smoke still lying on the ground, to help them get up. Then they could see her face: half ashen and disgustingly scarred, half golden with runic scriptures. One side of her head had hair of an elderly woman or a long reanimated corpse, the other half shiny and black. When she helped them get up, they could see other bits of her naked body under her cloak, and just as head, it was a beauty and an ugly witch in one. I'm sorry for Seymour. In this place, only guests that I could possibly have are undead and dark spirits. Well, maybe except the old Jonathan. After all this time, he still thinks that I'm a full godess.... My name is Windrock Lyirah, and yours? - an immense yet curiously limited power could be heard when she spoke, and Pguhyuh realised that she was the source of arcane energy!

[3 +1] Please Father, guide us. - Jeremiah continued his prayer and several rays of hope suddenly shone through numerous holes in the ceiling!

[Undead Duke: 4, Reynald: 3 +3] Surrender you mortal fool! - the duke shouted. You have no chance of winning this duel! - he countinued screaming while raising his left hand and forwarding a powerful flame wave towards inquisitor, but he rolled out to the side and the flames faded into thin air.

[Reynald: 5 +3, Undead Duke: 6] Get out of here, I'll hold him off as long as I can! - inquisitor said to his companions then assumed a defensive stance. Duke didn't wait for his next move and charged with an overhead slash, but Reynald dodged it and calling upon powers of high heavens, he stabbed the undead through opening on the side of his plate armor with a mighty strike! Before he could recover from the attack, Duke smacked his face with an elbow and he fell over to the ground. At least his grip on longsword's handle was enough to maintain it's possession.

[1 +2] Get up, Inquisitor! Shank this heathen! - Dennis encouraged Reynald to keep on fighting and he immediately got up from the ground!

Undead Duke: -16 HP [104/120]
Undead swordsman: [80/80]
Undead maceman: [80/80]
Undead spearman: [80/80]

Poltergeist: Dead

Team: Prayer bonus restored
Dennis: Faith Boost ended
Aaron: -5 HP, 1 dark spirit killed, 2 turns to become corporeal
Reynald: Damage blocked by defensive stance!
Pguhyuh: -5 HP tumbling/fall damage

OOC

Damage on Duke is low due to defensive stance reducing it by half, and also resistances took effect.

Might the Duke have something?

He surely does.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:03:17 pm by Dark One »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 06, 2017, 01:43:36 pm »

Is Windrock Lyirah in any way based on Hel?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:09:03 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2017, 01:46:32 pm »

Huh. Cool. I killed our first dark spirit.
Pguh, you may have encountered Hel, or some comparable entity. Be careful.

If any of the skeletons are not in pieces, use my sword to chop through each of their necks. After all intact skeletons have received that treatment (or immediately, if there are none), enter the captain's quarters and search for loot.

EDIT: Goddamnit SM you ninja :P

EDIT2: And for my own reference, 2 turns to corporeality.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:53:16 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 06, 2017, 01:47:42 pm »

"Good start, Quiz! Now butcher him!!!"

Take a seat in the corner and rest a bit while the duel is going on.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 06, 2017, 02:01:44 pm »

Is Windrock Lyirah in any way based of Hel?

Pguh, you may have encountered Hel, or some comparable entity. Be careful.

It'll clear out next turn...

Huh. Cool. I killed our first dark spirit.
EDIT2: And for my own reference, 2 turns to corporeality.

Congratulations!

I knew that there was something I forgot about when writing your summary! Going to add it now...

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 06, 2017, 02:07:08 pm »

If I hadn't mentioned it, would you have known when to recorporealize me?

Anyway, the thing I like about the Wanderer class is that we have no weaknesses and we start out at the top of the ranged attack arms race. I happen to like ranged attacks.
Starting with no special skills is kinda annoying, but frankly, I'd say it's the balancing feature, like most classes' weaknesses.

Also, if Aaron survives long enough, I'm going to turn him into an ice dragon. Just saying.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 06, 2017, 02:27:47 pm »

If I hadn't mentioned it, would you have known when to recorporealize me?

Most probably yes, but thanks for reminding me!

Anyway, the thing I like about the Wanderer class is that we have no weaknesses and we start out at the top of the ranged attack arms race. I happen to like ranged attacks.
Starting with no special skills is kinda annoying, but frankly, I'd say it's the balancing feature, like most classes' weaknesses.

Not only ranged, as wanderer can start with 40 damage halberd, which is best starting melee weapon in terms of damage (and whirlwind attack makes up for it's slowness).

No skills was meant to balance lack of weaknesses, and also to make the character more of a blank slab. You can go multiclass like inq/dem/exo (get skills that make damage against every enemy type) without class penalties. While you can't go inq/exo for example, as inquisitor is weak against dark spirits, but inq/dem is a viable choice.

Also, if Aaron survives long enough, I'm going to turn him into an ice dragon. Just saying.

You just need enough power to assume dragon form and keep it up, or get magically turned into a dragon for a constant dragon form.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 06, 2017, 02:30:32 pm »

You just need enough power to assume dragon form and keep it up, or get magically turned into a dragon for a constant dragon form.
It's going to start with the next level-up, actually. You'll see what I'm doing once that happens.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 06, 2017, 02:45:44 pm »

You'll just have to survive. tell that to crazyabe

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 06, 2017, 03:11:13 pm »

(Uh,how strong is her? I mean, I could sense her power so I guess extremely strong, but could I survive a fight or a direct hit?
Is the gargoyle a demon?)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 06, 2017, 03:15:35 pm »

(Uh,how strong is her? I mean, I could sense her power so I guess extremely strong, but could I survive a fight or a direct hit?
I suggest not attacking her.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 06, 2017, 03:17:00 pm »

Probably a bad idea. She said full goddess, meaning she is probably a demigod or something of the sort, or a banished immortal, such as Lucifer, so, still very powerful and maybe evil.

EDIT: Goddamnit Glass you ninja :P

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 06, 2017, 03:18:27 pm »

I know, but what if she attacks me or something, would i survive more than one hit?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 166