Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167193 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Reign of the Undead Duke [6/6]
« Reply #390 on: July 07, 2017, 06:08:11 pm »

Is there a way I could help you? I have been wandering for a long time in search of knowledge, maybe you could come with me and some friends. I will try my best to protect you and help you in any way possible.
I may not be strong, but that is not going to stop me. But I cant stay in one place for a long time, and if you come with me, we can help you remember.
And dont call demons "monstrosities",
 Fzbxr is right here, and I have the stupid dream of peace between demons and humans. No matter how impossible it is, I cant lose hope.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 07, 2017, 06:28:03 pm »

dropping out of his defensive stance he would charge and try to kick the duke onto their back, then drive his shortsword through their skull in hopes of weakening or finishing them off quickly.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 07, 2017, 06:39:20 pm »

I have the stupid dream of peace between demons and humans. No matter how impossible it is, I cant lose hope.

There is nothing stupid about it, you will see it through sooner or later
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 06:41:19 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 07, 2017, 09:56:12 pm »

If talking is a free action, also rest to recover wounds from multiple falls
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 08, 2017, 04:04:43 pm »

Turn 20

[6] For a very brief moment, Aaron received corporeality to grab all the items and reverted back into dark spirit form, but somehow dark energy gathered up within him and staying in energetical body would be a little longer for him!

[2] Wanderer couldn't return to intangibility due to energy that gathered up!

[3] Thou art truly Great, Father. This humble servant thanks thee for thy mercy. - Jeremiah continued his grateful prayer.

[1] Waking up after dozing off a bit, Dennis momentarily raises an eyebrow at the sudden angel appearance. Then Dennis turns to the Duke while still sitting in the corner with his pitchfork across his lap. Hey, Duke! Feel that stone under your knees? The pain in your skull? That's death comin'. You're about to die. Quiz's gonna gut ya, we're gonna rob ya, and then you're gonna be forgotten. Forever. And there's nothing you can do about it. - Dennis mocked the Duke, but instead of discouraging the undead, he made it anger and instantly recover!

[Reynald: 1 +3, Undead Duke: 1 +2] Just as inquisitor ran up to undead to kick him in the back, the Duke roared getting up:  Guaaargh! - then screamed as massive wings sprouted from his back and his head turned into that of a mummified dragon: YOU'VE GOT THIS COMING! Reynald was still able to catch up with him and give undead a strong kick, but this didn't hurt him at all!

[3] Continuing conversation, Pguhyuh rested. Is there a way I could help you? I have been wandering for a long time in search of knowledge, maybe you could come with me and some friends. I will try my best to protect you and help you in any way possible. - Pguhyuh offered crying demigodess his aid. Hesitantly, she agreed: You want to... help me? I will gladly accept your help, but you're only a frail human. How possibly could you help me? - she asked.

[6] I may not be strong, but that is not going to stop me. But I cant stay in one place for a long time, and if you come with me, we can help you remember. And dont call demons "monstrosities", Fzbxr is right here, and I have the stupid dream of peace between demons and humans. No matter how impossible it is, I cant lose hope. - demonologist said, helping demigodess get up just as Seymour returned. He spoke, this time in common language: Frail and weak, yet not losing hope. Firmly clutching onto his beliefs and faith. With this attitude, one can truly make wonders, yet the success can be bittersweet in the end... - something in his voice changed as he said about bittersweet ending. As if it was somewhat close to his cold, amethyst heart.

Undead Duke: Strenght restored. Dragon form! [84/120]
Undead swordsman: [80/80]
Undead maceman: [80/80]
Undead spearman: [80/80]

Angel: Heavenly Aid

Aaron: Items picked up, 2 turns to corporeality
Pguhyuh: Rested

OOC

Effects of Zealous Rally don't go down when Heavenly Aid is active and disappear completely once it ends. Moving PaPaj's character to cold storage (sorry, you haven't been posting anything since joining despite PM's). Smoke Mirrors, you're in! You want to start in the village center or at keep's courtyard?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:14:14 pm by Dark One »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 08, 2017, 04:14:16 pm »

I knew it would end badly for us when you started taunting him! You live up to your name, enemy post!

"why couldn't you just stay quiet, Dennis?"
Reynald needed to end this swiftly. Drawing his long sword again, he would try to execute the duke with a Skull-crushing strike, ready and willing to Sacrifice himself to end this.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:27:02 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 08, 2017, 04:31:14 pm »

"Huh. Well, slay the dragon, Quiz!"

Encourage Reynald.

Whoops. Well, you've still got some HP left, I'm sure it'll be fine...
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 08, 2017, 04:34:15 pm »

Wait, am I corporeal or intangible? I can't tell.
Anyway, try to extend/resume my incorporeality and return to the battlefield.

Also, if I interrupted the duel and killed the Duke in doing so, what would happen? Would his knights die, or attack us?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 08, 2017, 05:02:01 pm »

Also, if I interrupted the duel and killed the Duke in doing so, what would happen? Would his knights die, or attack us?
They are already dead technically, So I don't think killing their boss would make them too much deader.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 08, 2017, 05:03:55 pm »

They are already dead technically, So I don't think killing their boss would make them too much deader.
Re-dead.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 08, 2017, 05:07:12 pm »

Keeps courtyard, best to get with the group as soon as possible.

From the courtyard, I move towards where I can hear the sounds of battle.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:13:12 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 08, 2017, 05:55:00 pm »

Just keep praying, just keep praying, just keep praying praying praying...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 08, 2017, 06:46:47 pm »

(She has to remember, right? or just recover her power? I will edit my post if im wrong so tell me)

I would like to hear your story too, Mr. Seymour. your wings are broken, right? Maybe I can fix them.
Demigoddess, will you come with me?
I sense that my friends are in danger, so I have to hurry. Its now or never, staying here forever is not healthy for anyone, and nothing will be accomplished. If you come with me, maybe you will fully recover your memories and power.

Use power of faith to convince her

(Are you going to roll a dice to chose if she comes with me or not? I really want she to join the party and a 2 would make me very sad  :( )

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 09, 2017, 03:05:48 pm »

Turn 21

[Reynald: 5 +3, Undead Duke: 6 +2] Why couldn't you just stay quiet, Dennis? - inquisitor yelled angrily to peasant, sheathing his shortsword, strapping shield to back and raising longsword. The Duke hastily flied above inquisitor, circled above him several times and pike-attacked him! Reynald assumed an offensive stance and when the undead was close enough, he striked with a skull crushing attack, dealing him a heavy blow! This didn't stop the momentum and all Duke's weight came down on inquisitor!

[4] Huh. Well, slay the dragon, Quiz! - Dennis shouted just before the dragon-duke smacked him down to the ground. This somewhat cheered Reynald up and he thrown the undead off-himself and get up. Duke with slight effort got on his feet too.

[1] Jeremiah kept praying, giving god his praise for sending an angel to aid them, but suddenly something caught him and raised a few meters up. The thing turned him around so he could see it, and it was the angel. Exorcist could see through the angelic light, and in horror he realised that it was in fact fallen angel, a dark spirit!

[5] Wanderer still in dark spirit form returned back to the great hall, only to see inquisitor throwing an undead dragon off himself and a dark spirit raising up the exorcist!

[1] I would like to hear your story too, Mr. Seymour. your wings are broken, right? Maybe I can fix them. - Pguhyuh asked, but the gargoyle was somewhat annoyed by his request. I do not wish to talk about my past. If I wanted my wings back, I'd get them long ago. - he said.

[4] But he might help us achieve our goal, thus he deserves to know the truth. In the ages past, when old gods still roamed the world and humanity just started building it's first civilisation, Seymour was a mortal man, just like you. A frail and young man. He always wished himself to be strong as a rock, yet to be able to fly across the skies like birds and birdfolk did. Keeping his beliefs and strong faith, one day he proved that with power of soul, everything is possible. He awoke as a gargoyle with head of a bull, with massive and mighty wings on his back and a giant war axe on his side. He woke up as a god, yet his sphere of influence still unknown to him. - Seymour rolled his eyes when Lyirah told his tale - First thing he did was to fly high up into the skies, but other gods and birdfolk mocked him instead of paying him his rightful respect. They said, look at this bag of flesh that turned into chunk of rock, he thinks that he can be just like us! - she continued - And so he landed atop highest mountain in the world, and ripped his own wings from his back! Then he proceeded to climb down, and confront all other gods. He defeated one after another, until almost all the old gods were gone and their children were about to replace them. My father, the rock giant named Dhynn left willingly on his own, as he was the only one that payed Seymour respect. Seymour helped humanity rise from the ground, to start his campaign against birdmen and all birdfolk. Praised as the god of war, they were able to completely wipe them all out of the whole world! When new gods came, he didn't want to go however, and stayed in hiding. But there is more! - she stopped for a moment - Each god he killed brought a new element of human life to the realm. Only power of faith, belief and soul left in their primal state, due to him still clinging to this world. Perhaps that is the reason of current situation? Humanity's faith being weakened by this, which made gods turn away from the world? - demigodess ended the tale of Seymour, the wingless gargoyle.

[5] Demigoddess, will you come with me? I sense that my friends are in danger, so I have to hurry. Its now or never, staying here forever is not healthy for anyone, and nothing will be accomplished. If you come with me, maybe you will fully recover your memories and power. - Pguhyuh asked, and she replied: This request surprised me, but I will follow you and your companion for the time being. What about you Seymour?

[2] I'm staying here. If you'll ever need my help, you know how to sed me a signal. - he replied. Alright then, let's hurry! - she said and with Pguhyuh and Smoke, they headed towards the cavern exit.

A tall and remarkably handsome man in armor made of demonic hides reached courtyard of Height Keep. Hearing sounds of battle, he entered a large entrance hall and saw someone fighting an undead dragon, several undead knights, a dark spirit, some peasant shouting like mad and a man hugging an angel, flying right above them all.

Undead Duke: -40 HP [44/120]
Undead swordsman: [80/80]
Undead maceman: [80/80]
Undead spearman: [80/80]

Fallen angel: Heavenly Aid [60/60]

Aaron: 1 turn to corporeality
Reynald: -15 HP

OOC

Effects of prayer are kept up by fallen angel's heavenly aid. It still keeps it all up to fool others that it's an angel. Aaron can see it due to being a dark spirit, which lets him identify others of this kind - only Jeremiah and Aaron know that it's in fact a dark spirit. If duke dies, his knights die as well as he's holding them reanimated. Lyirah needs to remember who her mother is, then somehow restore link with her to recover powers.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:08:03 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 09, 2017, 03:10:33 pm »

Extend/renew my incorporeality before anything else I do this turn. (If this doesn't work, don't do anything else but try to make it work.)
Tackle the "angel", and give it a solid punch in the face.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:22:17 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 166