Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44131 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2017, 07:56:50 pm »

pull my re breather out and shoot it with my laser gun, then run like hell out of the Dart and into somewhere with air.

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD002
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a note denoting proper methods of dying in a pretty manner.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2017, 05:39:58 am »

Again, I thank you all for color coding your actions per platoon. It is a tremendous help in finding your actions to quote!

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: down in the sewers, you are in heavy gravity. -1 to move rolls and feats of strength.

Platoon 1
Hit the deck and help OS002 providing covering fire for the rest of the platoon.

Spoiler: Hat001 (click to show/hide)
(3) you drop and start shooting, and The Other GuysTM proceed to take cover.

Proceed to nearest cover in a military manner, shoot Other Guystm

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)
the nearest cover is the corner around which The Other GuysTM are clustered. So you stride forward, firing.
(4) you wound a guy! he is dragged around the corner by another guy.

Get to cover and start shooting the other guys

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the nearest cover is the corner around which The Other GuysTM are clustered. So you stride forward, firing.
(4) you wound a guy, too! he is dragged around the corner by another guy.

Shoot them all!

you stand still and scream as your squad takes various positions around you, or moving forward. You shoot!
(1) you miss! Your laser carbine emits a "barrel cooldown" tone. You must spend a round rotating to a cool barrel.

Provide covering fire as my squadmates head to cover, then follow them. If we can simply attack The Other GuysTM from a different angle than the main forces, The Other GuysTM will have to split some of their fire toward us, giving the main forces less fire, and thus, higher survivability...you know what? Tell this to allies after reaching cover.

Platoon: 1
Designation: OS002      Deaths: 1
Status: Suffocation 0/3, Low Gravity (+1 to strength/move rolls, -1 to Dexterity rolls)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Markers: Faith 1/5, Squad 1/5
Kills: Minor 0/0
Standard 0/0
Major 0/0

We can remove the suffocation counters now, right? Also, someone should try and chew their IACRS several turns in a row. There's bound to be an achievement for that. Possibly.
the nearest cover is where the current batch of The Other GuysTM are. so you drop down beside Hat001 and fire!
(6) You kill a guy! Your laser carbine emits a "power core redirect" tone, and shuts down for one turn.

yes, you can remove the suffocation counters.

Designation: Pork002 (1 Death)
Inventor: Helmet, Carbine, Backpack, Artificial Gum-Like Substance (Chewed). Ham Sandwhich is in Grunt-Class Lunchbox

"LETS RUMBLE!"

Proceed to fire at full automatic into the clump of Other Guys

laser carbines do not have a full automatic setting. you stand still and fire!
(6) you kill a guy! your laser carbine emits a barrel cooldown tone. you must spend a turn rotating your barrel to a cool one.

Platoon 1 Death roll
alright, we have two advancing, two standing, and two on the floor. Naturally, this gives a -1 to the advancing members, and a +1 to teh two on the floor for your "getting shot at" action.
(2+1)Hat is Seriously Wounded by return fire
(4-1)MC is also Seriously wounded
(2-1)KH is killed outright
(1)as is RAk
(3+1)OS takes a minor wound
(4) as does Pork

Two kills, two deaths.

Platoon 2
"Die, Other Guys™!"

Charge forward to the stairway and shoot Another Guy™ point-blank!

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE007
Inventory: helmet, las carbine, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0/0/0
hmm. you'll get a +1 to your hit roll, and a -1 t oyour death roll for charging to point blank.
(6+1) you charge forward, squeeze the trigger, and hold down the Overload button. You kill two of The Other GuysTM! Meanwhile, your laser carbine is Overloaded and will require a battery replacement (1 round) and a barrel rotation (1 round). Until then, it is a semiexpensive club.

Try and get some cover, patch up wounds using Resin substitute as best as I can.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL001
Status: Serious Wound, Minor Wound, Suffocating (1/3), Maimed
Inventory: Helmet, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
(5) against all your training, including three separate Classes telling you specifically not to use Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute as a medical item, you chew on yours for a moment and jam it into one of your many damaged parts.it sticks, and blood stops oozing around the edges. You may clear your Minor Wound. However, you gain a Toxic Wound (0/5) counter, which will go up every round you have that gum in your wound. At 5, fun things happen. Pulling the gum out of hte wound will reopen the Minor Wound, and give you a Bleeding (0/5)counter.

Your Resin gains the status: chewed 1/?, bloody.

Rush toward the enemy and prepare to unleash the Spinning Galaxy FelKick! Because screw carbines.

Designation: Fel001
Inventory: Helmet
you are no Kong Foo Grunt! you get a -1 to your attack roll, and a -1 to your death roll for going point blank.
(5-1)You still manage to get a solid kick in on one of The Other GuysTM, sending him tumbling down the ladder. You also get a counter for unlocking Kung Foo Grunt (1/5)

Goes to the objective as fast as possible to not get shot again
Designation: Pzf001
inventory: helmet,
You very bravely run away!
(3)You get around the corner and spot The Objective, being guarded by a squad of The Other GuysTM. You duck behind a pillar.

Chew resin and go shoot The Other Guystm.

((Isn't platoon 2 supposed to get a suffocation roll instead of automatically ticking up, or am I just misreading the previous turn?))
suffocation counters can be removed, as you are in air now.
your Resin gets the status: chewed 1/?
(1) your Laser Carbine ejects its battery! That's not how you shoot The Other GuysTM! Put your battery back in!

Platoon 2 Death rolls
(6-1)
(6)
(2-1)Fel001 is shot by several of The Other GuysTM and dies midkick, like a true badass.
(4)Pzf001 takes a minor wound when he trips over some engineering equipment running away from trouble.
(5)

Platoon 3
Shoot the massive tanks? We were supposed to destroy these weren't we? Shoot them anyway.

(1) you miss the massive sewage tank. Your Laser Carbine emits a disappointed click. It sounds ashamed to be associated with you.

Put on goggles and rebreather and head out and search for a door
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
you drop the junk you looted and affix your goggles and rebreather.
(1) you head out the opposite side of the Dart from the others, and find yourself neck deep in sewage. You also can't see anything. There are no lights in the sewage tank either.

Put on googles and rebreather,
exit the dart and follow the group, assist on any task they are currently doing, like finding an exit. Also, chew my Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.

you can't chew your Resin with the rebreather in. That's just silly.
(2) you start to follow FKD, when you hear him fall into the sewage. You peek inside and see nothing but darkness.

Stay slightly behind FKD, carbine drawn, ready to clear the rooms behind any doors out. Curse at the destruction of my backpack,
 and loss of the resin substitute.

Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute Destroyed
(5) you also curse at the awe inspiring stench of human and clone waste. You don't follow FKD, as he is in the sewage tank and you are in the room.

pull my re breather out and shoot it with my laser gun, then run like hell out of the Dart and into somewhere with air.

Designation: BLD002
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a note denoting proper methods of dying in a pretty manner.
(1) you have the makings of a true hero. You miss your rebreather and blow off your hand instead. You are maimed. Additionally, laser carbines are two handed weapons, so you will suffer a -1 to all attack rolls with this character until such time as you are given a Replacement Part.

Platoon 3 Death Rolls
Same as last time, a roll for sewage, and a roll for incoming Other GuysTM
(1) The Dart fills completely with sewage this round. FKD and Rand have their rebreathers on, so they are not drowning, but they are Lost.
BLD is drowning 0/3, and infected 1/3, because he has an open wound that is now fully immersed in sewage.
(1) aaaand a full squad of The Other GuysTM have found you!

Instructions for next round:
Respawn:Respawn with your platoons. We'll assume several darts connected with teh ship in  the same area, so just jump right in.
Newbies, pick a platoon and post your action in that color, as if you are with that group already.

Platoon 1remove your suffocation counters. Clear the hallway. The Other GuysTM must not live!
Platoon 2remove your suffocation counters. regroup? Get to the Objective!
Platoon 3Try to not drown. The Other GuysTM have found you. The Sewage room is starting to fill with sewage, now that the Dart is full.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2017, 05:55:20 am »

Shoot the other guys maybe you can use their blood to wash away your Shame.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2017, 06:08:48 am »

Shoot Other Guystm at the fastest rate consistent with accuracy.

((The first post is missing info on wounds, does two major wounds equal a maim?))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:16:39 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2017, 06:27:18 am »

"Hahaha! Eat laser, you heretics!"

Run right into the center of the Other Guy™ Cluster so that they risk shooting each other. I got two hands, so replace my battery and barrel at the same time.

Designation: OcE007
Inventory: helmet, las carbine, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0/2/0
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:35:50 pm by Egan_BW »
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2017, 06:44:57 am »

Ambush one of the enemy, see if I can take their weapon.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL001
Status: Serious Wound, Toxic Wound ( 0/5 ), Suffocating (1/3), Maimed
Inventory: Helmet, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2017, 07:08:44 am »

((Good thing I don't need recharge now!))

Sharpshoot enemy from around the corner!

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2017, 07:52:51 am »

Get down on the floor and start shooting at the other guys
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2017, 08:07:27 am »

I stay behind the cover and wait for others
Designation: Pzf001
inventory: helmet,

my bad
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:39:44 am by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2017, 08:25:06 am »

If I am in the room that is flooding, get out of there, find an exit and go back with the others if their room is not flooding. If I see The Other GuysTM, punch them to death or bash them with a heavy object on the head. Laser weapons are unreliable.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2017, 09:54:31 am »

Go hide and wait for the others to deal with the other guys after which I can swoop in and grab a gun
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
If I am in the room that is flooding, get out of there, find an exit and go back with the others if their room is not flooding. If I see The Other GuysTM, punch them to death or bash them with a heavy object on the head. Laser weapons are unreliable.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2017, 10:10:56 am »

((The first post is missing info on wounds, does two major wounds equal a maim?))
Asking the real questions.
Yes, two of any wound tips you up one level. Therefore, if you have one of each type of wound already, any wound will kill you.
I'll edit that into the OP

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2017, 10:15:50 am »

((So, instead of taking a second major wounds, I lose my choice of limbs... Ouch, I think my arm fell off!))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2017, 10:19:40 am »

Pull HAT into greater cover, then give him my IACRS to chew in his final moments. If he dies this turn, pray that he makes a good assistant to the Officers in the...sky? Do we believe there to be life after death? And if so, where is it?

Designation: OS002      Deaths: 1
Status: Low Gravity (+1 to strength/move rolls, -1 to Dexterity rolls)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Markers: Faith 1/5, Squad 1/5
Kills: Minor 0/0
Standard 1/1
Major 0/0

Shoot Other Guystm at the fastest rate consistent with accuracy.

((Good thing I don't need recharge now!))

Sharpshoot enemy from around the corner!

Get down on the floor and start shooting at the other guys

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2017, 11:34:06 am »

Shoot the other guys maybe you can use their blood to wash away your Shame.

Go hide and wait for the others to deal with the other guys after which I can swoop in and grab a gun
Take up cover behind a tank, and begin firing at where The Other Guys are entering.
Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute Destroyed

Avanti!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29