Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44263 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2017, 11:31:59 am »

((No deaths in this thread. There have, however, been OcEs 1-6 already.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2017, 12:01:23 pm »

This shooting isn't getting us anywhere. CHARGE!
... In low gravity. This can only end well.
Spoiler: Hat002 (click to show/hide)

Was I able to give him an IACRS in his final moments, or not? Anyway, give ol' Hat001 as much/little of a funeral/service or moment of silence or whichever as suggested by whatever "holy" scriptures our Space Religion has, if any, and if it's even not heretical to call it Space Religion. Then, take his possessions, if it is allowed in the religion.

Platoon: 1
Designation: OS002      Deaths: 1
Class: Grunt
Status: Low Gravity (+1 to strength/move rolls, -1 to Dexterity rolls)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Markers: Faith 2/5, Squad 1/5
Kills: Minor 0/0
Standard 1/1
Major 0/0

Firstly, I think OcE007 (how did he even reach 7?) should get a CP either called Lucky ******* (or whatever an acceptable space swear is) at either 2/5 or 1/3, due to how unlikely it already is. Maybe, instead, Distraction! (1/5), for diverting so much fire. Second, I'm rather surprised at where my character's going, with all the faith stuff. Third, do CP remain after death?
Take out some enemies with precise shots!

Keep firing remain on the ground
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoot Other Guystm, and try to kick the coward hiding behind me into the open.
"Get out there and shoot you worthless grunt!"

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2017, 02:19:02 pm »

Blast them! I get a +1 to to attack and death rolls this turn.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2017, 07:51:40 pm »

Continue shooting at them to slow the advance, not really aiming at anything beyond the hallway.
Platoon: 3
Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute Destroyed

Avanti!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2017, 01:53:24 am »

((Will be away for two days. Just kill me next turn.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2017, 05:43:49 pm »

Take off the helmet and begin the vaguely heretical ritual of helmet healing onto the stub by removing the helmet from my head and putting it on my stub while muttering prayers to the heretical Raptor Jesus cult with slightly different traditions regarding worship.

Designation: BLD002
Status: Maimed [1] Hand, 0/3 Suffocation(Drowning), 1/3 Infection(Sewage caused.) utterly rumbled.
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a note denoting proper methods of dying in a pretty manner.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:26:59 am by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2017, 10:08:35 pm »

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: down in the sewers, you are in heavy gravity. -1 to move rolls and feats of strength.

Platoon 1

This shooting isn't getting us anywhere. CHARGE!
... In low gravity. This can only end well.
Spoiler: Hat002 (click to show/hide)
(3) You charge! You start beating on one of The Other GuysTM. He blocks you with his laser carbine.

Was I able to give him an IACRS in his final moments, or not? Anyway, give ol' Hat001 as much/little of a funeral/service or moment of silence or whichever as suggested by whatever "holy" scriptures our Space Religion has, if any, and if it's even not heretical to call it Space Religion. Then, take his possessions, if it is allowed in the religion.

Platoon: 1
Designation: OS002      Deaths: 1
Status: Low Gravity (+1 to strength/move rolls, -1 to Dexterity rolls)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Markers: Faith 2/5, Squad 1/5
Kills: Minor 0/0
Standard 1/1
Major 0/0

Firstly, I think OcE007 (how did he even reach 7?) should get a CP either called Lucky ******* (or whatever an acceptable space swear is) at either 2/5 or 1/3, due to how unlikely it already is. Maybe, instead, Distraction! (1/5), for diverting so much fire. Second, I'm rather surprised at where my character's going, with all the faith stuff. Third, do CP remain after death?
You were able to give him and AICRS, yes. You give Hat a moment of silence, close his eyes, give him a hard smack on the helmet for getting dead, and reverently loot the corpse. You now have his helmet, backpack, laser carbine, and AICRS.

OcE is a carry over from the original game. I gave players from that one permission to keep their character advancements if they chose. I htink they all started fresh, except a few of them are keeping the number of their Grunt.

CPs remain after death. They are a mark of character progression and are spent to unlock classes, skills, items, and other interesting bits as I think of them. Or if the player makes a 'convincing' case for something.

Take out some enemies with precise shots!

(4) you wound a guy! TEh Other GuysTM are losing ground.

Keep firing remain on the ground
(5) You kill a guy! You guys have almost cleared the hall.

Shoot Other Guystm, and try to kick the coward hiding behind me into the open.
"Get out there and shoot you worthless grunt!"

(3) you make one of The Other GuysTM lose a shot. Sadly, you cannot shoot and kick your ally at the same time.

Platoon 1 Death roll
four death rolls. Let's see who doesn't get shot at. 6 will be a double roll. (5) MC gets a pass.
(1)(6)(6)(6)
HAt002 goes down in melee, but he takes the last of the resistance with him. The rest of you swarm the corner and have secured the hall. You look ahead, and see, to your dismay, that a blast door has slammed shut ahead. That's what that warning light must have been. Your way forward is blocked.

Platoon 2

Seriously, just fling myself my useless body at the enemy, buy time for my comrades to do something.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL001
Status: Serious Wound x2, Toxic Wound ( 1/5 ), Suffocating (1/3), Maimed
Inventory: Helmet, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
((Will be away for two days. Just kill me next turn.))
(5) You tackle one of The Other GuysTm and take him tumbling down the stairwell with you. You both die to broken necks in the fall.

"Idiots! Can't even shoot me! Who trained you how to shoot, a space hippy!? Come on, kill me, I'm right here! Caw! Caw!"

Take the sharpest thing out of my pack, coat it in heretical chewing gum substitute, and shank a dude.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE007
Inventory: helmet, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0/2/0
CP: "Refuge in Audacity"
You do have a Standard Issue Combat Utility Knife. I should probably make that part of the starting equipment. Anyway, (2) you reach for it, but your hand is kicked before you can draw it.

Blast them! I get a +1 to to attack and death rolls this turn.
(2+1) You make a guy dodge back around the door. Yo uare about to be the last surviving member of your platoon, maybe.

Platoon 2 Death rolls
(5)(3)(6) These guys can barely get their guns in position with OcE squirming and kicking and tryign to stab them while trying to fish his contraband fake gum out of his pack. OcE gets a minor wound when his hand gets stepped on. Change your CP to "Honey Badger." You'll unlock the melee grunt class (I think it is Heavy Grunt) or you can save up (at 1/3) for unlocking a Martial Artist class.
(5) And Zr remains unharmed as well. Between the two of you, you are holding off five of The Other GuysTm.

Platoon 3

Sit and clean the gunk off the carbine. In your shame you decide that you don't deserve cover.

You clean your Carbine and check all the indicators. Looks ready to shoot again.

Wander out of the sewage tank after my friends, if I encounter any of The Other Guys TM Throw stuff at them before rushing them and punching the shit out of them.
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
(2) Sometimes you have the best luck. Not this mission though. this mission, you can't find your way out of a wet paper bag. Or, more accurately, a sixteen foot wide giant composite sewage tank.

Keep bashing the dazed guy in the head
(4+1) Since he was dazed, you get the +1 to the attack, and kill the guy, or at least render him completely non-operative for the duration.

Continue shooting at them to slow the advance, not really aiming at anything beyond the hallway.
Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute Destroyed

(2) you miss. They spread out into the room and take firing positions.

Take off the helmet and begin the vaguely heretical ritual of helmet healing onto the stub by removing the helmet from my head and putting it on my stub while muttering prayers to the heretical Raptor Jesus cult with slightly different traditions regarding worship.

Status: Maimed [1] Hand, 0/3 Suffocation(Drowning), 1/3 Infection(Sewage caused.) utterly rumbled.
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a note denoting proper methods of dying in a pretty manner.

Taking your helmet off grants a -1 on death rolls. Putting it on your stump does literally nothing. Let's roll that heresy for you, though. (2) Raptor Jesus is unmoved, and waits to consume your flesh in the aftermath of the carnage.

Platoon 3 Death Rolls
(4)(5)(5)(2)(6)
sev002 is shot and maimed by the advancing enemy. The rest of you, once again, remain unscathed.
The sewage tank that FKD is in begins a transfer cycle. That means sewage is flowing in from one pipe, and out through a tube in the floor. It is starting to create flow. Bettter get out of there fast, unless you wanna end up like that fat kid in Wonka's Chocolate Factory. only far, far more disgusting.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn:Respawn with your platoons. We'll assume several darts connected with the ship in  the same area, so just jump right in.
Newbies, pick a platoon and post your action in that color, as if you are with that group already.

Platoon 1You've liberated the hallway, but your path forward is blocked by a blast door.
Platoon 2BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA-glomp-mfmfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhffhfhfhfhfhf
Platoon 3The battle continues. your mascot remains lost in a vat.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2017, 10:16:11 pm »

Well, damn. Who has the demo? Kick the door, then see if it has a emergency manual override as per standard safety code.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2017, 10:20:33 pm »

Find another guy to punch in the face and punch him in the face.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2017, 10:24:50 pm »

"Hahaha! Ahahahahaaaaa!"

Retrieve knife. Coat knife in heretical chewing substitute. Activate BLOODLUST.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE007
Inventory: helmet, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0/2/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2017, 11:36:47 pm »

Well, damn. Who has the demo? Kick the door, then see if it has a emergency manual override as per standard safety code.

"Since when does anything have a safety switch?" Search the enermy bodies and our own fallen for any explosives or gum

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2017, 11:54:29 pm »

Looting time! Search weapons, armor, explosives and chewing resin substitutes.

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2017, 12:17:17 am »

"RAPTOR JESUS HAS CHOSEN ME!!!"

leap in front of anyone whos gonna get hit by enemy fire. Afterward, open fire at my stub, cauterizing it with the laser.
(Was the infection supposed to tick upwards every turn?)

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2017, 05:08:42 am »

Walk towards the enemy while shooting, don't feel fear only the desire to prove your worth.

"RAPTOR JESUS HAS CHOSEN ME!!!"

leap in front of anyone whos gonna get hit by enemy fire. Afterward, open fire at my stub, cauterizing it with the laser.
(Was the infection supposed to tick upwards every turn?)

Find another guy to punch in the face and punch him in the face.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2017, 12:16:01 pm »

Does platoon 2 need more players?

I'm considering joining but I'm not sure who to join. Or where.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29