Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44129 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2017, 03:22:24 pm »

Stay behind cover and reload!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2017, 11:30:29 pm »

By any means required, get the hell out of the dart and sewage tank while screaming as loud as possible., hopefully scaring the bad guys into not shooting me. Oh, and pick up my lost hand if it didnt turn into ash.

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD002
Class: Grunt
Status: Maimed [1] Hand, 0/3 Suffocation(Drowning), 1/3 Infection(Sewage caused.) utterly rumbled.
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a note denoting proper methods of dying in a pretty manner.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2017, 01:20:26 am »

Platoon: 1
Designation: Pork002 (1 Death)
Inventor: Helmet, Carbine, Backpack, Artificial Gum-Like Substance (Chewed). Ham Sandwhich is in Grunt-Class Lunchbox

"EAT IT!"

Take cover behind something large and/or the nearest squadmate, take this time to eat my Ham Sandwhich.

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2017, 11:25:53 am »

If there is anything resembling greater cover that is not the Other Guys' Corner (the airlock frame, perhaps?) by all means help OS drag me into it. Failing that, just shake head, thank him for the offer, and keep shooting.

Spoiler: Hat001 (click to show/hide)

Inventor: Helmet, Carbine, Backpack, Artificial Gum-Like Substance (Chewed). Ham Sandwhich is in Grunt-Class Lunchbox

"EAT IT!"

Take cover behind something large and/or the nearest squadmate, take this time to eat my Ham Sandwhich.

Pull HAT into greater cover, then give him my IACRS to chew in his final moments. If he dies this turn, pray that he makes a good assistant to the Officers in the...sky? Do we believe there to be life after death? And if so, where is it?

Designation: OS002      Deaths: 1
Status: Low Gravity (+1 to strength/move rolls, -1 to Dexterity rolls)
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Markers: Faith 1/5, Squad 1/5
Kills: Minor 0/0
Standard 1/1
Major 0/0

Shoot Other Guystm at the fastest rate consistent with accuracy.

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)

((The first post is missing info on wounds, does two major wounds equal a maim?))
((Good thing I don't need recharge now!))

Sharpshoot enemy from around the corner!

Get down on the floor and start shooting at the other guys

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2017, 02:17:33 am »

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: down in the sewers, you are in heavy gravity. -1 to move rolls and feats of strength.

Platoon 1
If there is anything resembling greater cover that is not the Other Guys' Corner (the airlock frame, perhaps?) by all means help OS drag me into it. Failing that, just shake head, thank him for the offer, and keep shooting.

Spoiler: Hat001 (click to show/hide)
(5) I guess you guys can go backward from The Other GuysTM to the next corner, and hole up there. You're still getting shot at along the way.

"EAT IT!"

Nearest squadmate it is. +1 to death roll, -1 to death roll of your teammate, MC002. You get a Character Point (abbreviated CP): Teammates are meatshields (1/5)

Pull HAT into greater cover, then give him my IACRS to chew in his final moments. If he dies this turn, pray that he makes a good assistant to the Officers in the...sky? Do we believe there to be life after death? And if so, where is it?

Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, and Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
Markers: Faith 1/5, Squad 1/5
Standard 1/1
Major 0/0

you drag Hat back away from the shooting around a corner and ponder the greater truths. Space Jesus has promised him New Life in the Age to Come, whatever that means. You bet an officer would understand. If he dies, you know he'll be saluting the Officers on the Bridge, or at HQ, or even On Deck. GO ahead and get another faith point.

Shoot Other Guystm at the fastest rate consistent with accuracy.

((The first post is missing info on wounds, does two major wounds equal a maim?))
(3) you keep The Other GuysTM pinned at the corner! One fewer shots coming your way this round.

((Good thing I don't need recharge now!))

Sharpshoot enemy from around the corner!

Are you really already on 004? wow, I didn't know I had run that many turns yet.
(6) you kill one! your shot also bounces around the corner and you hear a small explosion and the sound of Space Glass breaking. the Amber Warning Lights in the hall turn Crimson. a series of short, sharp tones repeats endlessly.

Get down on the floor and start shooting at the other guys
(2) you miss! But at least you make a smaller target now. -1 on death roll.

Platoon 1 Death roll
alright, first, I roll to see who doesn't get shot at this turn: (4), so MC002, Clone Meatshield, is safe.
now for the rest of you.
(3)Hat is seriously wounded, and dies fro mhis multiple wounds
(3+1)Pork takes a minor wound, and this combines with his other wound to put him into Serious condition
(6)
(1)Rak the redshirt goes down again. At least he took one of them with him.
(5)

Platoon 2
"Hahaha! Eat laser, you heretics!"

Run right into the center of the Other Guy™ Cluster so that they risk shooting each other. I got two hands, so replace my battery and barrel at the same time.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE007
Inventory: helmet, las carbine, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0/2/0
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
Okay, I -AHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHahhhhh
So okay, I -heh heh -
(3-2) Trying to juggle your weapon, battery, and barrel while running into the center of the enemy ends exactly as one would expect. You drop everything and trip over your own feet, sliding to s stop mere inches from The Other GuysTM.(1) This ridicuklous display doesn't even faze them, nor distract them from their mission. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha-choke-AhAHahahahahaha-cough cough cough-

Ambush one of the enemy, see if I can take their weapon.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL001
Status: Serious Wound, Toxic Wound ( 0/5 ), Suffocating (1/3), Maimed
Inventory: Helmet, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
How are you gonna ambush them? You are in the hallway in plain sight. They know where you are. They see you and are shooting at you.
increment your toxin counter, remove your suffocation counter.
Let's roll for ambush. (6-3) You follow The Juggling Joker up there down the hallway. When he falls, you snatch up his rifle and fling it at The Other GuysTM One of them ducks.

I stay behind the cover and wait for others
Designation: Pzf001
inventory: helmet,

my bad
What? what did I miss? Why did you strikethrough? I can't kill you if you don't post.

Stay behind cover and reload!

Reloaded. Ready to rock.

Platoon 2 Death rolls
(5)(5)(5) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OcE is shot at repeatedly, and missed every time. I'm sure you deserve a CP for that, but for the life of me I can't think of what it should be.
(3)NL is Seriously wounded when he joins hte scuffle on the stairs.
Papaj gets a by this round, for some reason. Call it battle fog or something.
(6)Zr gets a +1 to attack and death roll next round. Looks like his moment of reloading gave him a shining moment of clarity. (remind me or I might forget to add those.)

Platoon 3

Take up cover behind a tank, and begin firing at where The Other Guys are entering.

Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine, Backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute Destroyed
(3) you cause one of The Other GuysTM to duck, slowing up their entrance into the room.

Shoot the other guys maybe you can use their blood to wash away your Shame.

(1) Your Laser Carbine emits a weird spray of superheated sewage and noxious gas. You need to take a round to clean the gunk off. Does your Shame know no boundaries?

If I am in the room that is flooding, get out of there, find an exit and go back with the others if their room is not flooding. If I see The Other GuysTM, punch them to death or bash them with a heavy object on the head. Laser weapons are unreliable.
(4) Hey, you manage to Shlorp out of the Dart and into the Tank Room. (4) you stagger forward and club a guy in the helmet. He ducks back around one of the Sewage tanks, dazed.

Go hide and wait for the others to deal with the other guys after which I can swoop in and grab a gun
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
I mean, what better place to hide than inside a sewage tank, blind and cut off from your allies? You float in filth, barely aware of your surroundings and busy plotting heroic scavenging and squad betrayal.

By any means required, get the hell out of the dart and sewage tank while screaming as loud as possible., hopefully scaring the bad guys into not shooting me. Oh, and pick up my lost hand if it didnt turn into ash.

Designation: BLD002
Status: Maimed [1] Hand, 0/3 Suffocation(Drowning), 1/3 Infection(Sewage caused.) utterly rumbled.
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, and a note denoting proper methods of dying in a pretty manner.

(3) you let the current wash you int othe Tank Room, where you land on your ass, Shouting Space Obscenities at everything. Your hand is ash, yo. And why would you want that dirty old thing anyway? The Space Surgeons will give you a perfectly usable replacement, in the unlikely event you survive this clusterfuck.

Platoon 3 Death Rolls
(2+1)(3)(6)(6)(5)
Sev and Zii each are shot by the Other GuysTM and are Seriously Wounded.
The rest of you wallow in filth and despair, but are otherwise unmolested this round.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn:Respawn with your platoons. We'll assume several darts connected with teh ship in  the same area, so just jump right in.
Newbies, pick a platoon and post your action in that color, as if you are with that group already.

Platoon 1The battle for the hall corner intensifies.
Platoon 2BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA-glomp-mfmfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhffhfhfhfhfhf
Platoon 3Everyone but Spaz is out in the Tank room. Spaz is content to remain blind and deeaf in the sewage tank.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:59 am »

Wander out of the sewage tank after my friends, if I encounter any of The Other Guys TM Throw stuff at them before rushing them and punching the shit out of them.
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2017, 03:42:51 am »

Seriously, just fling myself my useless body at the enemy, buy time for my comrades to do something.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL001
Status: Serious Wound x2, Toxic Wound ( 1/5 ), Suffocating (1/3), Maimed
Inventory: Helmet, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:54:36 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2017, 04:53:48 am »

Take out some enemies with precise shots!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:29:35 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2017, 05:28:14 am »

Keep firing remain on the ground
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2017, 06:16:24 am »

Shoot Other Guystm, and try to kick the coward hiding behind me into the open.
"Get out there and shoot you worthless grunt!"

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2017, 07:28:18 am »

Keep bashing the dazed guy in the head
[/quote]
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2017, 07:39:23 am »

Sit and clean the gunk off the carbine. In your shame you decide that you don't deserve cover.

Wander out of the sewage tank after my friends, if I encounter any of The Other Guys TM Throw stuff at them before rushing them and punching the shit out of them.

Keep bashing the dazed guy in the head
[/quote]
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2017, 10:34:54 am »

Was I able to give him an IACRS in his final moments, or not? Anyway, give ol' Hat001 as much/little of a funeral/service or moment of silence or whichever as suggested by whatever "holy" scriptures our Space Religion has, if any, and if it's even not heretical to call it Space Religion. Then, take his possessions, if it is allowed in the religion.

Markers: Faith 2/5, Squad 1/5
Standard 1/1
Major 0/0

Firstly, I think OcE007 (how did he even reach 7?) should get a CP either called Lucky ******* (or whatever an acceptable space swear is) at either 2/5 or 1/3, due to how unlikely it already is. Maybe, instead, Distraction! (1/5), for diverting so much fire. Second, I'm rather surprised at where my character's going, with all the faith stuff. Third, do CP remain after death?
Take out some enemies with precise shots!

Keep firing remain on the ground
Shoot Other Guystm, and try to kick the coward hiding behind me into the open.
"Get out there and shoot you worthless grunt!"

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2017, 11:12:16 am »

"Idiots! Can't even shoot me! Who trained you how to shoot, a space hippy!? Come on, kill me, I'm right here! Caw! Caw!"

Take the sharpest thing out of my pack, coat it in heretical chewing gum substitute, and shank a dude.

Designation: OcE007
Inventory: helmet, backpack, cherry flavored sawdust resin perfectly disguised as standard-issue imitation artificial chewing resin substitute
Deaths: 0
Kills: 0/2/0
CP: "Refuge in Audacity"
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2017, 11:14:28 am »

((Your designation should be OcE001 if you have no deaths. Just saying...))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29