Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44136 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2017, 02:07:44 pm »

Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine,, laser carbine  backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Why do you have backpacks?
woops my mistake, thank you, that was from fkd002 who had looted another backpack
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2017, 02:18:58 pm »

((Hey, it would be nice if you told me whether I got killed or injured, and if I was injured, what type. Rather than just saying I was "shot". That was pretty obviously a 1 on my death roll, so I'll assume that I died, but it's still nice to be told these things.))

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and cash in my honey badger CP to unlock the "Brute" class per this:

Change your CP to "Honey Badger." You'll unlock the melee grunt class (I think it is Heavy Grunt) or you can save up (at 1/3) for unlocking a Martial Artist class.
I'll redrawn as a Brute. Should I keep my honey badger CP at (1/3) to unlock Martial Artist/Berzerker class or is that reset? Also there is hilariously no heavy grunt or martial artist class. :P

Oh yeah, and stab a dude.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine, pike
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2017, 04:20:48 pm »

Now that you are sure there aren't other guys nearby start searching for the good loot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 27, 2017, 12:38:00 am »

Mayhem and slaughter!

Spoiler: Spess Viking Ahoy! (click to show/hide)
Head to the closest panel and do as told.

Spoiler: Mar001 (click to show/hide)
Lead my platoon in following the new squad and do as they do. In the meantime, check my HUD's map of the command centre for any worrying enemy defences. Also, deafly wonder what that guy was saying just now.

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)
Follow squad gamma, looking for Other Guys™ to shoot.

Spoiler: MC003 Vitals (click to show/hide)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 27, 2017, 08:47:56 am »

Do I have any sort of light available to me? If so, find a way out. If not, use the carbine to create some light and see what's going on. Find a lightswitch, an exit, or some loot if possible.
Spoiler: MAD002 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:08:00 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2017, 03:36:30 am »

get back to the squad lay down suppressing fire on the other guys
Mayhem and slaughter!

Lead my platoon in following the new squad and do as they do. In the meantime, check my HUD's map of the command centre for any worrying enemy defences. Also, deafly wonder what that guy was saying just now.

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2017, 08:06:15 am »

Reapproach front lines, and read the containers of snacks and drinks. They, too, may bear intel on shipping routes or economic state of the Other Empire. Is that even a good name for them?

Mayhem and slaughter!

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 30, 2017, 04:06:38 pm »

Once again, I thank Platoon One for consistently gathering your actions like this. I don't remember if i've said it before, but this will be rewarded at teh end of the mission.

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: main deck, supply,

Platoon 1

Reapproach front lines, and read the containers of snacks and drinks. They, too, may bear intel on shipping routes or economic state of the Other Empire. Is that even a good name for them?
The food items bear the standard military logos - though they are not the logos of the Empire, but of the Enemy's ... Empire? No that's not right, There is only THE EMPIRE. The Officers say so. no one said it was a rebellion, though, or a police action. So ... outsiders, surely. SOme kind of degenerate Rogue Nation or something. Anyway, aside form that, the snacks provide nothing of interest in terms of intel. Anyway (6) you arrive at the frontline, and are roughly pushed to the front of the waiting gaggle of Soldiers, Heavies, Heavy Weapons guys, and even a few NCOs. Someone helpfully shoves your weapon into your hands and points it forward, at the ominous looking giant doors, before stepping back into the crowd.

Mayhem and slaughter!

Okay, so all of you are together (Except Mar), shoved up to the front line of the raiding party, waiting for the signal to run in and kill! So, let's see how Mar does on his special little project:

(2) You stand up and walk toward the panel. Just as you reach it, someone in the room shouts, pointing at you. Guns are trained your way.
to keep the action moving, let's resolve that situation, as your fellows are waiting: (1) you are dropped in a flurry of laserfire before you can open the doors.

Not to worry, even in death, your efforts are not in vain. You don't know it, since you are dead and all, but your special combat vest explodes quite forcefully, turning the command center into so much rubble and organic paste.

Everyone outside hears the muffled thump of the explosion (except Hat, of course). A few moments later, a radio in the background buzzes, and a conversation is had. Then cheers go up from the back rows, and you grunts follow suit, cheering for whatever it is your fellow soldiers are cheering.

Platoon 1 Death roll

Ding Ding Ding! Command Center is "under Control." Mission Accomplished.

Platoon 2

Keep shooting the Engies.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL003
Inventory: Laser Rifle, Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
(2) They keep their heads low. Good military training, or simple terror? Either way, you can't get a bead on one.

Open fire!
(2) The Engies seem to be slippery fucks, that's for sure. Always not quiiiiite where you aim, somehow.

((Hey, it would be nice if you told me whether I got killed or injured, and if I was injured, what type. Rather than just saying I was "shot". That was pretty obviously a 1 on my death roll, so I'll assume that I died, but it's still nice to be told these things.))

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and cash in my honey badger CP to unlock the "Brute" class per this:

Change your CP to "Honey Badger." You'll unlock the melee grunt class (I think it is Heavy Grunt) or you can save up (at 1/3) for unlocking a Martial Artist class.
I'll redrawn as a Brute. Should I keep my honey badger CP at (1/3) to unlock Martial Artist/Berzerker class or is that reset? Also there is hilariously no heavy grunt or martial artist class. :P

Oh yeah, and stab a dude.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine, pike
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
Brute. I knew it was something like that. Heavy would be heavy weapons, and MArtial artist is a prestige class that I just thought of that turn. You spend your CP, so it resets.
Also, yes, you died. I apologize for the slip there.
(6) Finally, someone succeeds. You come down the hall, see the combat ahead, and your adrenaline rises. You leap across the broken flooring ,seemingly never touching down (though you do, on the good girders). You somersault over the barrier and land feet first on one Engie, grabbing a second by the head and smashing it into the door behind. You kill two engies! Teh other two scream in terror and try to run into the Engineering department.

Do I have any sort of light available to me? If so, find a way out. If not, use the carbine to create some light and see what's going on. Find a lightswitch, an exit, or some loot if possible.
Spoiler: MAD002 (click to show/hide)
Your helmet comes with lights built in standard. So you turn that on. You climb up a fallen walkway grate and rejoin your comrades above. But not before snagging some fancy looking engineering tools and stuffing them in your backpack. You have (3) Unknwn tools (Eng)

Platoon 2 Death rolls
One roll again. (5) the Engies are too preoccupied with the sudden unexpected functioning of their internal systems to have time to activate the doomsday device. You live another round.

Platoon 3

Cut my left hand off, cauterize it with the laser gun, and then sharpen the protruding bone points to a fine point perfect for stabbing.  look around for any arm sized laser cannons as well.

MAKE SURE TO POCKET THE HAND FOR LATER!

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD005
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
Kill Tally: 0/0/0
Deaths: 4
A sergeant comes out of nowhere as you point your laser at yourself, slaps you upside the head, and takes your gun from you, shouting about wasting resources and being a worthless meatbag, good only for compost, in the same breath. He asks what the hell you think you are doing, and, in the same breath answers for you. This goes on for a while.At some point during the tirade, he mentions your bayonet, your tactical combat knife, and even your Military Issue Spork, as better alternatives to self surgery for combat effectiveness. Why, he even points at FKD, saying something about him being a far better soldier than you could ever hope to be. I'll leave it up to you and he to decide just how insulting that one was. (just kidding, Spaz.)

Take biscuits, search for something sharp or blunt to use as a weapon.
Chew both Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitutes AT THE SAME TIME!

Spoiler: Rand002 (click to show/hide)
(3) you find a crate of kitchen knives. Not nearly as good as your own combat knife, but they'll do in a pinch, yo uguess. You take your bayonet and attach it to the front of your laser carbine to use to cut open the crate, so that you can get to the knives.

Two Artificial Imitation Chewing Resin Substitutes at once? Now THAT is a Grunt's Grunt, right there. You get a CP: Living on the Edge (1/7). I promise I will forget completely what this CP was from, so put it in your sheet. Anyway, teh resins taste like suffering, and like victory. You chew with pride, a single tear rolling down your cheek as the only hint of the sheer awfulness of the experience.

Find a door way to the room we are in and barricade it with crates, if enemies appear dive for cover while shooting like in an action movie
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
(3) you start shoving crates toward a door. Damn, these things are heavy. There must be a better way to move large pallets of random stuff around!

Now that you are sure there aren't other guys nearby start searching for the good loot.

I'm glad you are so confident in your lonely estate here. It will make the enemy's attack that much more entertaining. (3) Barbecue sauce! Score!

Platoon 3 Death Rolls

(3) looks like The Other GuysTM are busy elsewhere.

Instructions for next round:
The battle is over! THe Command Center has been taken!
I'll resolve the situation with platoon 2 now (1) The last two engies sip through the Engineering doors, and it slams shut, locking you out. What a let down. You stand guard until some officer comes to relieve you and accept the surrender of the Engineering department.

Platoon One follows Gamma Squad throgh the demolitions tunnel into the ruined command center and manually pries open the two sets of blast doors that weren't permanently welded shut.
Platoon 3 gets one last loot roll before the QM comes to take charge of the place: 6! You find the alcohol! Each of you squirrels away one midsized bottle of Real AlcoholTM. Yo also get One(1) kitchen themed item of your own choice.

NEXT ROUND: Post like this

Each of you post:
1) all unlocked classes.
2) all loot you personally have acquired, if any
3) any CPs you currently have, and a brief description of what they were from.
optional:
4) any special achievements or noteworthy actions that you or a fellow grunt has done, that you think worthy of special note. (example: Mar exploded, taking out the command deck.)
5) any edits I need to make to the OP, like including classes, updating cps, etc. be specific!  Iwant to be able to copy-paste your suggestions.
6) for Platoon 1: some suggestions as to what reward is suitable for consistently organizing your actions for me.

For this round only, please do not post your character sheet.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2017, 04:16:01 pm »

1. None
2. (3) Unknown tools (Eng)
3. None
4. I used tactics!
5. None
6. They deserve nothing
---But a sidearm might be a nice gift.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2017, 04:21:35 pm »

1. (For compleating the mission) Assault Gunner (unless unlocks are for compleating the mission without dieing, in which case I am 1 death short)
2. Not one thing.
3. Sadly, no.
4. Not really...
5. Nope.
6. Some sort of organization themed bonus...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:41:43 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2017, 04:39:20 pm »

1. None.
2.Barbecue sauce, one midsized bottle of Real AlcoholTM, one spatula.
3.Eye of the Storm 2/7 (for keeping calm/emotionless/profesional/objective focused during combat)
4. Not sure.
5. Not really.
6. I don't know.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2017, 04:59:05 pm »

1) nothing
2) one midsized bottle of Real AlcoholTM, many kitchen knives, an extra backpack, two Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin (chewed (at the same time!)), many dried biscuit rations and a butcher's cleaver (Kitchen item)
3)CP: Living on the Edge (1/7) (for chewing x2 combo)
4) that time all of platoon 3 was killed simultaneously and instantly. Also that time I punched a guy to death.
5) no idea
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 05:48:05 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 30, 2017, 05:39:33 pm »

I'll hand out mission unlocks in the next update, so don't include them in your current lists.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 30, 2017, 06:15:22 pm »

Don't have much time to work on this, but I will say that, for 6, for being an organized group of Grunts, we unlock the Double Grunt class, which allows control of 2 cooperative classless grunts at once. They must be in close range of each other, or lose control of one of them, even if they reunite afterward.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 30, 2017, 06:16:47 pm »

1: Brute
2: Some blood covering my pike.
3: Honey Badger (0/3), for surviving three death rolls in one turn.
4: I'm totally the one who won the engineering fight. Totally.
5: Meh.
6: Don't give them shit.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29