Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44290 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #300 on: September 03, 2017, 12:30:00 am »

Formal request for clarification on my character status.

The original shock trooper was basically a heavy grunt with spiked armor. My electrolaser heavy grunt carried insulated armor, a lighter than usual gun, and an electric baton thingy.

The shock trooper added to the op is different. Which one should I assume it is?

Also, will my corporal rank retain it's value, and ability to command 2 subordinate grunts? (both subordinates had also unlocked the shock trooper class with me, will they retain that?)
assume your character is as it was in the original. Keep reminding me to fix the OP until I do. Yes, you can command subordinates. I don't remember the 'shock trooper' class. I thought it was sort of a development from either the flamethrower guy, or someone electrocuting himself or something. I forget.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2017, 04:44:42 am »

Trade my three pieces of gum for some better armor

Also unlock a new class of Grenadier and pick up equipment for my new role

Platoon 1:
Designation: KH003
Class: Grenadier
Inventory: Helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 3xImitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, 3 Frag grenades, 1 EMP grenade, 2 smoke grenades

Kill tally:0/1/0
Death types: Space battle, Blasted
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:36:31 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2017, 05:44:14 am »

Trade the barbecue sauce and spatula in the kitchen.
Gift the alcohol to a random member of platoon 1 they deserve it more than you.
If they still exist try to become a lab rat for the experimental serums.
Then do the proper 'paperwork'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:27:54 am by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 03, 2017, 07:10:02 am »

Try trading the dried biscuits, kitchen knives and the chewed Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute for 3 unchewed Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute and something useful, maybe a medkit or rations, I don't know.
Spoiler: Rand003 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:05:04 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2017, 10:34:06 am »

Try to trade my chew for something like a knife or fork or a sharpened spork
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
(1 CP torwards level up)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:25:24 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2017, 01:25:33 pm »

Unlock Shooter, and go lay in bed or something.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2017, 01:29:59 pm »

Unlock Soldier.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL003
Inventory: Laser Rifle, Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 03, 2017, 03:35:59 pm »

Become assigned to a platoon. Also, use my veteran status and senior command to acquire information on the next deployment, and prepare myself accordingly.

If I have time left, relocate old friends that are still alive.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 03, 2017, 07:45:14 pm »

Are you playing the same game we are?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 03, 2017, 08:39:07 pm »

Become Technician, keep alcohol.

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD006
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, 1 Alcohol
Kill Tally: 0/0/0
Deaths: 4(+1?)

Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
(1 CP torwards level up)

Try trading the dried biscuits, kitchen knives and the chewed Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute for 3 unchewed Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute and something useful, maybe a medkit or rations, I don't know.
Spoiler: Rand002 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:52:41 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2017, 08:09:13 am »

I should probably mention that you are not bound to your platoons while On-Ship. nor is it necessary to rejoin the same platoons on the next mission, but if you want, we can do it that way.

Also, you can freely switch between unlocked classes upon Grunt death, even on-mission. However, you can also specialize in one of two ways:
1) you can assign each class to a sub-line of your clones. For example Exa001 wishes for his unlocks: shooter and grenadier ot have their own clonelines. He joins next mission under the line Exa001-sh (as shooter) and spends any and all points gotten by that clone toward upgrading the shooter line. If he dies, he can switch to Exa002-Gr, and acquire different CPs, different levelup options and so forth.
2) you can lock in a class, and continue exclusively as that class, unlocking the higher tiers maybe quicker, and having a higher chance of unlocking prestige classes, or getting other perks.
Note! Both of these options are works in progress. I haven't finalized anything with either of them yet.

Silently the Grunt designated as Her-001 took in the surroundings of the barracks. Looking over the other grunts with a clinical eye thinking of what they should be doing and maybe how they should be doing it. This one appeared to have let those officers speak soak into their mind.
Go and claim some random bed.

Spoiler: Her-001 (click to show/hide)
You go and put your meager belongings on your assigned bed.

What do my "Tools (Engineering)" look like?

Anyway, I'll take them to Engineering (The department, of course) to see what they are.

Also, the "tactics" thing was when I rolled out into the hallway instead of stepping out. I got a +1 to a death roll. I dunno, you mentioned it, so I figured I would re-mention it.

I'll unlock Medic. Don't worry guys, I'm a qualified first-aid responder, capable of telling you that you're dead in the most professional way possible.

Spoiler: MAD002 (click to show/hide)
as medic you get a Field Medkit (5/5). Fixing small injuries does not deplete the medkit, but larger wounds and ailments will cost charges. Charges refill on respawn, at mission end, at any supply point (especially if it's a friendly one), and upon scavenging from the corpses of fellow medics.
Your engineering tools are described to you as:
1 micropulse tachometer
1 hyperalloy recombinant circuitboard
1 adjustable wrench.

Proud member of squad 1, posting my unlocks and other notes:

I am now an Assault Gunner by choice, but I may try out Technician once and a while for a change of pace... Anyway, my sheet should now be properly updated (including the new? standard gear).

Damn, I only got one kill? Also, for some reason I though I had four deaths, but looking back it seems it was only three.

Spoiler: MC003 Vitals (click to show/hide)
Alright. the slug thrower has two modes: heavy slug rounds, and autofire. The first is for powerful shots, capable of more damage than your average Grunt weapon. The second is for, you know, shooting a lot of bullets all over the place all at once. Autofire starts at (5/5) and each use drops the counter by one tick or more (default is 1 tick). Also, it takes one action to switch between modes. Remind me to put this in the OP.

Do you have three deaths, or are you on clone three? remember you started at one.

Trade my three pieces of gum for some better armor

Also unlock a new class of Grenadier and pick up equipment for my new role

Platoon 1:
Designation: KH003
Class: Grenadier
Inventory: Helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 3xImitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, 3 Frag grenades, 1 EMP grenade, 2 smoke grenades

Kill tally:0/1/0
Death types: Space battle, Blasted
You are rather overestimating the worth of your gum. hmm. Pehaps on teh Grunt Market you could get some ...modified armor. But again, don't expect some miracle damage absorption system. It's gum.

Alcohol gifted to: (1)OS002. That was quite a significant gift there. You are granted 1 Favor. Bonus effect if the favor is acted upon by OS.
The kitchen accepts your tradein and grants you 1 Special ration (+1 on action or death rolls for three turns). REmind me to add that item to the OP.

The lab does exist! Let's see. Do you want to be injected with something (high risk, strong effect), be given 3 random pills (low risk, low effect), or be surgically altered (medium to large effect with side effects)?

You get two of those Special Rations (+1 to action or death rolls for 3 turns). You get 1 unchewed artificial imitation Chewing Resin Substitute(from FKD003, in exchange for a knife). You have no luck trading your chewed AICRS for unchewed. You can use them on the Grunt Market for minor items or has counters for betting. Hmm, (4) a Grunt offers you a Pack of Smokes for your three AIRCS. another offers you a Pair of Clean Socks.

(1 CP torwards level up)
You get a knife from Rand003 in exchange for your unchewed Resin.

Unlock Shooter, and go lay in bed or something.
Shooter class grants you better aim. You now have a Class action: Take Aim, which will grant you a permanent +1 to medium and short distance shooting as long as you remain still and undistracted. Take Aim takes a turn to activate, and comes with a cooldown of, say, five turns, after you stop shooting. remind me to add this information to the OP

Become assigned to a platoon. Also, use my veteran status and senior command to acquire information on the next deployment, and prepare myself accordingly.

(2) next deployment is a mystery. ((heck, I had a couple good ideas, but I forget what they were. Dang, it'll come to me. Dang, should have written them down.))

Hey, anyone still alive from the original Grunts that recognizes this guy? Any Clone lines from teh old game that have history with him?

Become Technician, keep alcohol.

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD006
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, 1 Alcohol
Kill Tally: 0/0/0
Deaths: 4(+1?)
Alright. technician ... hmm. utilizes mechanical devices. Comes with a spycam and ... remind me to flesh this out a little. I'm a little bleary at the moment.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2017, 09:10:09 am »

In that case trade the gum for some better rations

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2017, 09:18:33 am »

1 micropulse tachometer
1 hyperalloy recombinant circuitboard
1 adjustable wrench

Alright, how big is the adjustable wrench? I might keep it around for bashing in skulls.

What are the other two used for?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2017, 09:41:35 am »

Trade gun and helmet for unchewed gum. Do I still have any dried rations and the bunch of knives? God damn I have so much stuff thanks space raptor jesus I have 2 backpacks.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2017, 10:00:21 am »

Go wander about and see what other grunts are up to, maybe try and find a corner I can stack crates and debri up to make into a nest while proclaiming my goal to fortify this position.
Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, a knife
(1 CP torwards level up)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:05:51 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29