Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44133 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #375 on: September 19, 2017, 07:40:25 am »

"Where the bloody hell did you come from?oh well cunts lets head to the nearby large island with two circles I want to blow something up."

(I am now randomly British)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Eh? Where am I?"

After some incident involving a card game and raging, Rak found himself back in their ship, strapped securely. What are they, flying?

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 19, 2017, 08:03:16 am »

Shouldn't a roll of 4 qualify for Serious Injury, rather than a maiming?

Also, shouldn't any half-brain-dead grunt know that you don't shoot your friends on purpose? That seems extremely foolish. Not to mention suicidal.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 19, 2017, 10:16:34 am »

I vote we go fully to the right of the sector then take the straight and direct path to the objecteroid. While I am in here look for any emergency breathing gear And yes, oz, I expected us to die immediately
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 19, 2017, 11:56:31 am »

Can we get to the closest one with the blue square? if not to one of the small asteroids that would be an easy onquest from where we can jump to an important target.

I vote we go fully to the right of the sector then take the straight and direct path to the objecteroid. While I am in here look for any emergency breathing gear And yes, oz, I expected us to die immediately
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 19, 2017, 02:29:45 pm »

I'll just put on that bracelet.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 19, 2017, 02:58:15 pm »

Large island sounds good.

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)

"Where the bloody hell did you come from?oh well cunts lets head to the nearby large island with two circles I want to blow something up."

"Eh? Where am I?"

After some incident involving a card game and raging, Rak found himself back in their ship, strapped securely. What are they, flying?

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 19, 2017, 04:29:58 pm »

To the asteroid with the blue square.
Spoiler: Rand003 (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 19, 2017, 05:16:46 pm »

Well, can't change course in vacuum, so may as well shoot at mad again. He insulted Space Melee Jesus with his heretical talk of guns being better than claws.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Class: Driver (Locked)
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 19, 2017, 05:21:29 pm »

Dude, get over yourself, would you?

Honestly, teamkilling?

You're just wasting everyone's time at this point.

GM? Officer intervention? Something similar?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 19, 2017, 05:25:25 pm »

((Just shoot him Madman. With any luck he will roll a 1, and you a 6 and he will splatter so hard the transprt will get its guns back :P))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 19, 2017, 05:25:38 pm »

Spoiler: HC007 (click to show/hide)
Order my grunts to open fire on our clearly insane driver.
Seize the wheel once he is either dead or incapacitated

Spoiler: Grunt 102 (click to show/hide)
body check the driver with spiked armor

Spoiler: Grunt 201 (click to show/hide)
open fire with fists

Hoping I can get a Commissar CP for this...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:06:43 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 19, 2017, 05:31:43 pm »

I've got better things to do than be a hypocrite as well as a victim of foolishness.

I still need a GM ruling on whether I received a Maim or a Serious Wound, for one, since it seems like this should have followed the standard pattern of injury scaling/death roll severity, yet it didn't.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2017, 12:53:22 am »

Her-001 seems to finally break outta their stupor of sorts an alarmed look coming across the grunts eyes. The officers were going to be so damn pissed that they nodded off! How could they let something like this happen! Shame filled their mind and they rushed forth to look for a platoon to join that looked low on numbers.

Join Platoon that is most in need of Grunts! Feel ashamed. Make sure to buckle up in my pod and be a good grunt like the officers would want.

Spoiler: Her-001 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:58:53 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2017, 06:05:53 pm »

Joining Platoon 1, sorry I was away from my Computer for 1.5 weeks

I good to go to large island and blow stuff up.

Spoiler:  Mar001 (click to show/hide)

"Eh? Where am I?"

My Forum game(s):
Medieval Lords 2 Now with more stuff! (Yes I am crazy)

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 23, 2017, 11:14:23 am »

Twelve of you. Yay!

Before I start, a note: you are all in Space Suits. Because There's No Air Out There. Be aware that this grants you a couple of bonuses and a couple of maluses.
The most notable positive is the RCS thrusters for ease of mobility.
Teh most obvious negative is: get a hole, lose your air. suffocation, explosive decompression, and the like are more possible and likely, except whe nyou manage to get inside where there is pressurized air.

Platoon One
Once again, you guys pull through flawlessly on the quote pyramid. Did I grant you guys that bonus from doing this yet?
Alright, lookslike there is a general consensus: off to the large island.
"This island is an entrenched position. Prepare to face large numbers of enemies in compact quarters. First, however, you must get past the small caliber antispacecrat weaponry. Hang on for a bumpy ride!"

Joining Platoon 1, sorry I was away from my Computer for 1.5 weeks

I good to go to large island and blow stuff up.

Spoiler:  Mar001 (click to show/hide)
no worries, Welcome back.

"Eh? Where am I?"

fallingthrough space at a target in the near distance, more like. War never changes. It started with rocks being thrown at people, and has evolved to the point that people are being thrown at rocks.

Platoon One Death Rolls
(2) You all clench up and assume the crashed position. Which irs rather prophetic, as your shuttle is struck several times by antishuittle weaponry, disabling it in the process. You land in a heap on the near side of the large island, with all the defenses between yourself and the entrenched enemy. Your shuttle is wrecked and void of air. Because this was a 2, I gotta roll individual death rolls as well.

(5)(3)(5)(4)
Everyone but MC avoids injury. MC recieves a Serious wound (2) and his suit is leaking. You have 6/7 air remaining.

Platoon Two suicide by stupidity
Shouldn't a roll of 4 qualify for Serious Injury, rather than a maiming?

Also, shouldn't any half-brain-dead grunt know that you don't shoot your friends on purpose? That seems extremely foolish. Not to mention suicidal.
Please use platoon colors, as a favor to your rather obnoxious GM.
to answer your question: PvP works slightly differently than PvE. The damage is based on the attacker's roll, not the defender's here's the list:
1: attack fails. misfire or other side effect
2: attack misses
3: partial success, serious wound
4: normal success, maim
5: kill
6: kill and side effect
minor wound counts as no success, so it is absorbed into the 2 result.

as for the other question: I won't presume to answer it.
I would have liked to see you extend an olive branch (aka a symbol of peace) to Egan, so that the two of you could get past this with less harm, but that's out for this round.
you receive a serious wound.

I'll just put on that bracelet.
bracelet worn, chaos ignored. You whistel a happy tune as the world around you descends into hell. Home sure is lovely, eh?

Well, can't change course in vacuum, so may as well shoot at mad again. He insulted Space Melee Jesus with his heretical talk of guns being better than claws.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Class: Driver (Locked)
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
-sigh-
(3) you give him a serious wound in addition to his maim.

Spoiler: HC007 (click to show/hide)
Order my grunts to open fire on our clearly insane driver.
Seize the wheel once he is either dead or incapacitated

Spoiler: Grunt 102 (click to show/hide)
body check the driver with spiked armor

Spoiler: Grunt 201 (click to show/hide)
open fire with fists

Hoping I can get a Commissar CP for this...
Please use the platooon color as a favor to your friendly neighborhood asshole GM. That way I can easily sort you lot into insane, suicidal, and hopelessly incompetent. You now, pick your poison, :P

Anyway, you order your fire squad to take down the nutcase. (6) (2)
The first punctures OCe's helmet, his brain, and the neural SpGTi Drive Interface which has, naturally, been surgically implanted there. Oce has been struck down.

Platoon Two Death Rolls
(1) I ... I can't tell if this is a lucky roll or an unlucky one. your SpGTi drifts unceremoniously into range of an anticraft weapon, and is summarily obliterated. all hands lost.
Egan, your death does not count toward your character advancement. you are now on Oce009b.
Helmacon, your kill does not count toward your kill count.

Respawn in the SpGti Bowl, standing at the foot of another clawed SpGTi.
And cooperate, eh? Don't make me hand out "Get-Along Shirts."

Platoon Three

Can we get to the closest one with the blue square? if not to one of the small asteroids that would be an easy onquest from where we can jump to an important target.

The blue square is a two hop job, so we'll send you to one of the smaller islands this round.

spaz, you are sometimes my absolute favorite player. (1) you fool around with your helmet, and attempt to attach it to some hose in teh spacecraft for emergency air. You turn the wrong valve and lose a chunk of your air. you are at 6/7 air before you get the valve closed.

Note that these spacecraft are capable of only short hops, so simply flying immediately to the edge won't work. you'd end up drifting in space, and then being obliterated in the next sector.

To the asteroid with the blue square.
Spoiler: Rand003 (click to show/hide)
yeah, that's a cp. I think? I don't remember assigning it, but it sounds like me. It's a reasonable advancement method anyway, probabaly.

Her-001 seems to finally break outta their stupor of sorts an alarmed look coming across the grunts eyes. The officers were going to be so damn pissed that they nodded off! How could they let something like this happen! Shame filled their mind and they rushed forth to look for a platoon to join that looked low on numbers.

Join Platoon that is most in need of Grunts! Feel ashamed. Make sure to buckle up in my pod and be a good grunt like the officers would want.

Spoiler: Her-001 (click to show/hide)
Your shame quickly evaporates under the thrill of immanent death and battle. Usually in that order, mind you. Anyway you join Platoon Three. Please color your action posts so that I can easily sort you all.

Platoon Three Death Rolls
You hop toward the small asteroid to the right, below the blue square thing. (3) You end up landing on the very first small asteroid instead. You have incoming attack drones! Better hop off quickly and hope they miss, or get out and shoot them down. There are (4) four of them.

MAP
Spoiler: also map (large) (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29