Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: MINIMALIST MAGE RTD  (Read 77239 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: MINIMALIST MAGE RTD
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2017, 08:28:48 pm »

Wait...since when what the coffeeshop mine?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2017, 08:34:14 pm »

GROAN WEARILY AND FINISH MY BOOZY COFFEE, THEN SET UP SOME OF THE BOOTHS IN THE COFFEESHOP AS A MEDBAY/TRIAGE CENTRE FOR CAUSALITIES OF THE HURRICANE OUTSIDE

HECK IF I'M DOING ANY GROSS DOCTOR WORK MYSELF, THOUGH - JUST SUMMON UP A CUBIC BUTTLOAD OF MEDICAL SUPPLIES ALONG WITH THOSE HELPFUL PARAMEDICS FROM EARLIER, LEAVE 'EM TO IT
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dotEcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2017, 08:47:51 pm »

Leave the pets with instructions to overthrow the humans, and set up a flying castle fortress on Phobos

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2017, 09:04:55 pm »

Glass is right...

I use the power of Set to take command of all the cats and dogs in the neighborhood. Then I begin summoning Ra.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:06:59 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2017, 09:26:51 pm »

Wait...since when what the coffeeshop mine?

The GM is NEVAR wrong. Just not always right. /s
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2017, 09:28:01 pm »

Glass is right...

I use the power of Set to take command of all the cats and dogs in the neighborhood. Then I begin summoning Ra.
Cats are Bastet domain.

Set is the god of deserts, storms, evil, the color red, violence, weapons, oasis and foreigners. Not animals
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

dotEcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2017, 09:28:47 pm »

Glass is right...

Cats are Bastet domain.

Set is the god of deserts, storms, evil, the color red, violence, weapons, oasis and foreigners. Not animals
well damn, maybe I shouldn't have summoned those cats then

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2017, 09:33:45 pm »

Glass is right...

Cats are Bastet domain.

Started with animals. And as the bodyguard of Ra. All the "evil" stuff came later.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2017, 04:34:49 am »

I am gonna sacrifice some people for a satanic-like ritual to get my dagger back
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2017, 06:38:05 am »

Well that's just silly. Fashion myself a humanoid avatar out of some of this spare soulpaste I have lying around and use that to take the Total Annihilation Dagger and just cut out whatever barrier's impeding my progress.

[6] Crafting a humanoid vessel out of the Soulpaste you've acquired, you insert the smallest portion of your soul and use it to wield the knife, tearing the veil between realms asunder. The way is opened.

Unfortunately, due to your rustiness in regards to having a bipedal humanoid form, the Dagger slips from your grasp and falls into the void between worlds. Wherever shall it go... ( Earth, it's going back to Earth. )

Stealthy teleport to whatever demonic realm Job came from is time to steal a soul back

[5] You home in on Job's spectral signature, and teleporting in you find...an office building. Going up to the receptionist, you ask if where the receiving souls are kept.

"Sorry sweetie" says the horrible cyclopean thing with a perm hair and glasses. "That's for employees only."

You plead your case, making your best puppy dog eyes.

"Aw shucks, your story breaks my heart. As long as you don't take nothing, you can check out the souls in that room there."

A door materialises to your left.

"NO ONE INTERRUPTS MY COFFEE BREAK."

Draw all the power back from Set and into the coffee shop, restoring it and making even grander.

[4] vs [2+1] Your magic power is great, and Set, despite his godly stature, is still reeling from having newly reacquired his powers. You manage to draw about half his power back, reducing him to the realm of mere Potent magic users, as opposed to the More potent/Very Potent/Omnipotent scale of Gods.

Utilising this hefty surplus of power, [6] you rejuvenate the Coffee shop, and honestly the redecorating leaves your own magical reserves a little tuckered out. Not a good state when you have a pissed off Egyptian god in the area...

GROAN WEARILY AND FINISH MY BOOZY COFFEE, THEN SET UP SOME OF THE BOOTHS IN THE COFFEESHOP AS A MEDBAY/TRIAGE CENTRE FOR CAUSALITIES OF THE HURRICANE OUTSIDE

HECK IF I'M DOING ANY GROSS DOCTOR WORK MYSELF, THOUGH - JUST SUMMON UP A CUBIC BUTTLOAD OF MEDICAL SUPPLIES ALONG WITH THOSE HELPFUL PARAMEDICS FROM EARLIER, LEAVE 'EM TO IT

[3] You try and get your shit together to create a relief effort, but drinking the booze coffee leaves you tuckered out. At most you get a few booths cleared, you'll get around to it later.

Leave the pets with instructions to overthrow the humans, and set up a flying castle fortress on Phobos

[6] You order your loving pets to create a new world order for themselves, and fly up to the moon of Mars and successfully create a levitating castle fortress. In your excitement, you forget to add breathable air. Whoops.

[1] Your legion of pets try and overcome the villagers, but are mostly just killed by the hurricane. Oh well.

Glass is right...

[5] Set goes along with your plan, and all the remaining cats and dogs are yours ( technically his ). It's just a few dozen left at this point though.

[6] You summon Ra, only to realise that the summoning process is MUCH easier this time around and Ra, in his full form, appears. You try and ask him to obey and he only looks at you. "Why, exactly?"

I am gonna sacrifice some people for a satanic-like ritual to get my dagger back

[2] You can't find any people to sacrifice that aren't already injured from the hurricane, or fleeing for their lives away from anyone who looks remotely like a magic user.

[6] Suddenly, something falls from the sky and stabs you in the foot!

...It's the Dagger. Of Annihilation. Stuck in your foot. Be very, very carefully not to roll a [1] next turn.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2017, 07:05:47 am »

Ask for Ra's autograph on my eye of Ra protection charm because he's awesome. Ask the cats to all meow at the heavens in order to get the proper atmosphere to summon Bastet.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2017, 07:08:21 am »

Alter the turn system so that rather than seven per turn, only one mage may have an action resolved per turn, randomly picked from among every action posted each turn. Harvest resulting Salt as a magical power source.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2017, 07:12:59 am »

Happily drink another grand mug of coffee. Its free now for me, right?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2017, 07:13:19 am »

Suck the life out of remaining Somalian pirates, healing myself and killing the pirates.
After successfully healing myself, enslave pirates' souls.
If soul enslaving is successful, send the souls back in their bodies, creating a personal army with no thoughts of betraying the master. If not, eat these souls in order to become a superhuman.
If I send the souls back in their bodies, go and hunt for tourist ocean liners with my loyal matey army.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2017, 08:00:58 am »

I am gonna pull the dagger out carefully and try to NOT turn myself to dust doing so
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29