Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290714 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: King David
« Reply #2340 on: December 13, 2018, 01:10:47 am »

Enter hammerspace through the space between the guardrails?  (1 Willpower) Surely there's some OSHA compliance in this benevolent republic...

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: December 14, 2018, 12:28:54 am »

Enter hammerspace through the space between the guardrails?  (1 Willpower) Surely there's some OSHA compliance in this benevolent republic...

Roll d6: 4 5 → Critical Success

Swinging around the rails with a sudden burst of speed, the Parrot goes underneath and-

-BAMF! It is instantly in the familiar white void of Hammerspace

KJP retains control of the parrot
KJP expends one Willpower
Willpower count
KJP: 5
Glass: 1
Madman: 2

Someone entering now will enter with 12 willpower
What would KJP like the Parrot to do?

-_-

Try to get Jacob to calm the fuck down.

Parrot should get back to realspace.

This is THE ONLY ACTION for the main game at this point. Everyone, post what you do.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2342 on: December 14, 2018, 12:36:07 am »

Have the parrot pick up some glass object from hammerspace. (1 Willpower)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 14, 2018, 08:51:54 am »

You have a very loose definition of "horribly right", you know? That seemed mostly like an "average right" or maybe a "very right", since under no circumstances will I be trusting Mr. Summoning-Cisharni-Fire-Without-A-License until he's properly licensed and dead, or properly licensed and mind-scanned by Celling and/or a Protinam who's not presently corrupt.

Order the men back from the raging lunatic, move in and attempt to calm him down with kind words. I dunno, I'm travelling right now, OK?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: December 14, 2018, 09:32:14 am »

Nothing too specific to do, then.
Help Fallas team to move equipment
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: December 14, 2018, 05:55:08 pm »

"Balls. Well, men, you know what to do if things go south."

If Jacob is not calmed down... he gets bullets. If the fighting finally stops, Fallas looks to Fansworth for instructions on who to revive.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: December 15, 2018, 07:41:17 pm »

Have the parrot pick up some glass object from hammerspace. (1 Willpower)

Rolls: 4 5 → Critical success!

Opening its claws in the white void, it concentrates and attempts to form a solid object. A moment later, a champagne glass shimmers into existence in his grasp.

KJP has used one willpower
Everyone gains one willpower from the turn change
Willpower count
Glass: 2
Madman: 3

Someone entering now will enter with 13 willpower
KJP retains control of the parrot. What would KJP like the parrot to do?

-_-

Try to get Jacob to calm the fuck down.

Rolls: 4 5 → Success

Order the men back from the raging lunatic, move in and attempt to calm him down with kind words. I dunno, I'm travelling right now, OK?

Rolls: 6 2 → Failure

Nothing too specific to do, then.
Help Fallas team to move equipment

Roll: 2 → Failure

"Balls. Well, men, you know what to do if things go south."

If Jacob is not calmed down... he gets bullets. If the fighting finally stops, Fallas looks to Fansworth for instructions on who to revive.

Roll: 6 → Gone Horribly Right

Jacob: 3 → Partial success

“Get out of here,” Fansworth whispers to his men, before stepping forward to confront Jacob. “Jacob, lower that Key. We don’t mean to hurt you-”

Jacob stumbles backwards, clutching the Key in one hand and raising the other, shaking. “Just as you didn’t mean to hurt Anna?” he asks furiously.

“We didn’t do that,” notes Celling. “That was a rogue associate of mine that we’re going to track down, right now, if you’d help us!

Jacob seems somewhat convinced of this. The Key’s glow becomes slightly less malevolent as he lowers his hand.

BANG!

A shot sails over his head, cracking into the wall next to him. Fallas, apparently being careless with the trigger, fired the gun that he’d been training on Jacob.

The Key’s red eye flashes brilliantly as Jacob sweeps his hand in a chopping motion, slicing into the brains of everyone inside the room. Red light thunders out of his fingertips and pours into the minds of Celling, Fansworth, and Fallas.

He doesn’t tell them to drop their weapons. He simply removes the idea of holding their guns and the guns clatter to the ground, forgotten. He turns on Fallas, stepping forwards vengefully, then stopping in shock as he reads Fallas’s surface thoughts.

“You… you can save her?” he asks, incredulously.

Post what you do.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: December 15, 2018, 07:56:19 pm »

Obtain a Republic warship and loyal crew.

"I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen, but this vessel has been requisitioned by Lord Iridium. You can pledge your undying loyalty to Him and continue to serve on this ship, or I shall give you a reassignment to the bottom of the Atlantic. Nothing personal, but this is rather important."
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: (SG) SQUAWKOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: King David
« Reply #2348 on: December 15, 2018, 07:58:07 pm »

Have the parrot reappear inside some important box/container carried in by Fallas' throng, possibly displacing the contents into hammerspace if necessary. (1 Willpower)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:07:54 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: December 15, 2018, 08:03:27 pm »

"I'd give it... 85% odds. She hasn't been dead too long, right?"

With Fansworth's permission, if it's given, Fallas and his scientists start the process to revive Anna.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: December 15, 2018, 09:51:50 pm »

Ah, so he’s in my head right now. Same as Booner was. Wonderful.
Push all of my info on the front wall to the front of my mind, clear for Jacob to see.

Give me a moment please. Do not quickhammer.

Get some troops together and go after Iridium.

Of course Fal is allowed to revive Anna. It would be stupid to not let him.
He is not allowed, however, to make any alterations that are less than necessary.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 10:15:24 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: December 15, 2018, 09:56:25 pm »

Ah, so he’s in my head right now. Same as Booner was. Wonderful.
Push all of my info on the front wall to the front of my mind, clear for Jacob to see.

Give me a moment please. Do not quickhammer.

(takes out quickhammer)

Just kidding. Still need to wait for MM.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 16, 2018, 10:21:58 pm »

Obtain a Republic warship and loyal crew.

"I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen, but this vessel has been requisitioned by Lord Iridium. You can pledge your undying loyalty to Him and continue to serve on this ship, or I shall give you a reassignment to the bottom of the Atlantic. Nothing personal, but this is rather important."

Roll: 1 → Epic failure

With Fansworth's permission, if it's given, Fallas and his scientists start the process to revive Anna.

Roll: Irrelevant

Get some troops together and go after Iridium.

Roll: 2 → Failure

“That’s it,” says Celling. ‘I’m going after this Iridium character.” Following a quick glance by Jacob, who nods, Celling takes around half the force with him and departs through the hole in the wall.

Iridium, meanwhile, faces little trouble getting to the bridge of the SFN Delos, one of the Republic’s cruisers. He puts a gun to the short, young-looking captain’s head.

“This vessel is being requisitioned by Lord Iridium!” he says over the ship’s intercom. “You can stay and serve me, or you go to the bottom of the Atlantic. Your choice!”

Captain Kenshin Ganara sighs deeply. In one fluid motion, he whirls around, kicks Iridium in the gut, and sends his gun spinning across the floor. Captain Ganara draws his own gun and holds it to Iridium’s head.

“Sorry about that, folks,” he says over the radio. “Shore control, patch me through to Captain Wenton Celling. I have a feeling he has something to do with this “Iridium” character.”

Meanwhile, Fallacy makes preparations for the resurrection. “I’d give her eighty five percent odds,” he notes, popping open a container. There are vials of DNA inside, labeled cat, dog, penguin… “She hasn’t been dead for fifteen minutes, has she? We’ll start in a minute.”

“No, you won’t,” says a voice from the doorway. A balding man dressed in a prison jumpsuit walks up with surprising vigor for his age, fists clenched. “Fallas d’ Florist, are you?”

Fallas turns, utterly unamused. “T. Levin. Aren’t you supposed to be exiled?”

“They let me take one last tour of this place. Maybe atone for my sins in some way.” T. Levin says. He steps up to Fallas’s cart and slams his hand down on the container. “You’re going to inject her with animal DNA.”

“It’s critical to the resurrection process,” says Fallas.

“It is not,” T. Levin states bluntly.

There is an awkward silence before Fallas d’ Florist laughs weakly. “I’m sorry if we don’t believe the very man convicted of creating the Cherub project…”

“And so I have seen the effects of perverting nature, and so I cannot allow it to happen again,” T. Levin states. He points a bony finger at Fallas. “You may not know it, but you’re working off data extrapolated from the Adelie Archive. A series of ancient symbols that we don’t understand at all, but that seem to be central to bodily manipulation in some degree. Symbols which I translated, by the way. I do not know what you are doing, or whether you are being deceptive or merely ignorant, but there is no requirement to use foreign DNA.”

Fallas laughs again and turns to the rest of the group. “Be that as it may, he can’t bring Anna back. I can. And who wouldn’t like the extra senses and faster reflexes conferred by a partial hybridization with-”

“Turn over all your procedures and equipment right now, and I may be able to work another way out,” T. Levin says forcefully. “But continue on your current path, and I will not stand idly by while you twist this girl’s body against her will.”

Post what you do

Have the parrot reappear inside some important box/container carried in by Fallas' throng, possibly displacing the contents into hammerspace if necessary. (1 Willpower)

Roll: 5 1 → Critical success

In the meantime, one of the other scientists opens another container. In it are needles and syringes - and a crumpled up green and blue parrot, clutching a champagne glass.

“Squack?” it calls weakly.

KJP has used one willpower
Everyone gets one willpower from the turn change
Willpower count
Glass: 3
Madman: 4

Someone entering now will enter with 14 willpower
KJP retains control of the parrot
What would KJP like the parrot to do?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:25:02 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 16, 2018, 10:39:54 pm »

T Levin ponders, she could be brought back. As a cherub but it will be a brief fix before Need psycho surgery, unless she regularly wants painful injections. Looks on.

“ I am a monster, I just do not want more to be made. You know what I can do. I say the girl should enjoy her retirement, I.. could do my work, temporary fix. I just, do not want to do bad things to people any more.”

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 16, 2018, 10:48:04 pm »

"You may. You may? My methods work, for sure. I've tested them. You have theory, you might be able to revive her without using animal DNA, but we don't know that for sure! My methods have been thoroughly tested. In any case, you do not speak for this girl. How do you know it would be against her will? Now stand aside, please. You don't need to get violent, and the window of opportunity is running out. In any case, this will not make a monster. Her free will will remain intact."
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 203