Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133497 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #585 on: December 01, 2017, 05:08:01 pm »

Eat to restore my hunger, then patrol the perimeter of the house with Beary Bob in search of a monster.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 01, 2017, 06:24:36 pm »

Meditate a little more on combat, then think about how on earth I can get the house finished to my original design.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165348.msg7553456#msg7553456
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:55:24 pm by Transcendant »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 01, 2017, 07:27:31 pm »

Head back up top. Try to set up one of the crystals in such a way that they can collect power from the air or.. whatever.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 05, 2017, 04:39:58 pm »

Nighttime 3 (7 Turns Remain)
Retroactively adding a skill called Searching to characters who have sought things out (treasure, monsters, new things, etc.) actively aside from hunting or mining. If you believe this might apply to you, please provide reference. Applied to Dustin, Coolrune and Papaj; unlocked by Beirus this turn. Added to some Familiars/Animal companions.

Give the wingcat some more fish, and rest to recover mana.
communicate with the flying cat through a mixture of tail based sign-language and other actions. attempt to convince them to be my roommate in the nice big box that I brought back.
Also, slap glass's hand away, I'm tired and fed up of them.

4+1 (Glass) and 3 (Dustin) Aaron's fish garner's positive attention from the winged cat again. It seems wary still, but expresses to Tab that it's more used to being outside and doesn't want to be cramped up in a box. Still, it seems more amiable towards Tab as well. Tab bats at Aaron in frustration.
Glass: Mana and Health replenished, -1 Hunger. -1 Cooked Fish, +1 Friendship with Winged Cat.
Dustin: -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 0. Next Rank: 4/10 EXP. +1 Friendship with Winged Cat. Retroactive Skill Unlocked: Searching Rank 0. Next Rank: 5/10 EXP.

Cook the rest of my meat and hunt more. Wonder why there are no deers in the forest.
4 You cook the rest of your meat and go hunting again, stumbling upon some rabbits. Whilst you were looking around, you definitely couldn't help but to notice the sheer amount of deer corpses. Someone or something eradicated the species viciously. -1 Hunger. Lizard meat cooked. Obtain Rabbit Meat x3. Hunting Rank 0: 6/10 EXP. Cooking Rank 0: 4/10 EXP.

search for different types of gems
5 You find orange and yellow citrines, as well as some brown smoky quartz. Searching around for a bit, you also find a shard of obsidian in the shape of a diamond. More remnants of whomever was here before.
-1 Hunger. You obtain Yellow Citrine x3, Orange Citrine x3, Brown Quartz x3, Obsidian 'Diamond' x1. Retroactive Skill Unlocked: Searching Rank 0. Next Rank: 4/10 EXP.

Danea pops one brown mushroom into her mouth, then goes questing around this floor of the mines, looking for anything and everything.
4 You eat and feel better. You find a bunch of loose ore. +1 Hunger, Lost status: Fatigued. Obtain Copper Ore x3. Retroactive Skill Unlocked: Searching Rank 0. Next Rank: 5/10 EXP.

Make a fire, cook the rabbit meat.
6 You try to make a fire, probably needing to use more force as it recently rained. You burn a bit of rabbit meat in the process.
-2 Hunger. -5 Rabbit Meat, Obtain Cooked Rabbit Meat x3. Cooking Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

+1 max mana. Train with my spear.
2+1 You train some more. -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 1. Next Rank: 7/15 EXP.

Eat to restore my hunger, then patrol the perimeter of the house with Beary Bob in search of a monster.
1+2 You have a slice of that Deer Meat. You do a patrol and encounter an aggressive wolf. He gets the jump on Beary Bob.
+2 Hunger, -1 Deer Meat. Skill Unlocked: Searching Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Beary Bob: 9/10 Health. Fighting Wolf: 13/13 Health.

Meditate a little more on combat, then think about how on earth I can get the house finished to my original design.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165348.msg7553456#msg7553456
5 You learn a bit more about combat. As for your house, you feel like the forces that be (AKA myself) might need more clarification on what exactly this map means, but that it's probably within feasible reason to get back on track as it were. Probably has something literally to do with manipulating earth.
+1 Health, -1 Hunger. Earth Magic Rank 4: 20/30 EXP. Combat Level Up: +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum health, or +1 Combat (one time only) PM me details.

Head back up top. Try to set up one of the crystals in such a way that they can collect power from the air or.. whatever.
1 As soon as you start climbing, one of the rungs snaps and you fall back down. -2 Health. Underground 1 Ladder to Surface: Broken. Mines Updated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:57:45 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 05, 2017, 04:43:28 pm »

Go searching for a cave. Cast fire orb(for light) and explore it for magical crystals.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 05, 2017, 04:46:29 pm »

Guess I'll stay down here for a bit. Set up a crystal to try to make it charge underground, somehow.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 05, 2017, 04:48:12 pm »

Danea continues to look around, going down a level if possible; and as always, snatching any goodies she sees.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 05, 2017, 05:13:04 pm »

Set out to find any sort of civilisation.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 05, 2017, 06:12:47 pm »

search for more gems
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 05, 2017, 06:43:23 pm »

Eat some food, do further befriending of wingcat, and convince Tab to stop messing around and help me out here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 05, 2017, 07:24:02 pm »

Eat some of my food, cook what I haven't cooked yet and train my hunting skills.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 05, 2017, 11:29:41 pm »

+1 Combat Please.

Sleep in the house, happy that the door is watched (very possibly by dragons). Have to sleep sometime.

I am sorry I didn't explain the house design well. Basically it's a central room surrounded by 10 other rooms. Essentially, those rooms are either 3 by 3 (15 ft by 15 ft) or 3 by 5 (15 ft by 25 ft). This is shown by the "X"s. Each room has access to the large central room (10 doors), and the 3 by 5 rooms are larger corner rooms. The house has one entry point, ("north or top of diagram"). I imagine it's probably a matter of casting mud to stone a few more times. That way we'd have a large place for all really....

One large room surrounded by 10 smaller rooms, each with one entrance into the large room. Building entrance/exit on "North" (top) of diagram. Corner rooms are the larger ones. It's potentially scalable for basement or 2nd story, but for now I'd be happy with one finished building. Imagine all the rooms in a house arranged around one really big room.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:31:20 pm by Transcendant »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 06, 2017, 12:35:49 am »

Eat some food, do further befriending of wingcat, and convince Tab to stop messing around and help me out here.
get Aaron to leave us cats be already. We don't need to be pampered or bothered by humans constantly! Give us a break already! Bite him gently if he doesn't get the message.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 09, 2017, 10:41:50 pm »

Nighttime 3 (6 Turns Remain)
Mines have now been changed to Mountains. I am also accepting suggestions for potential other skills.

Go searching for a cave. Cast fire orb(for light) and explore it for magical crystals.
4 You find a small cave. You try to use your fire magic and you manage to cast a light. This helps you to find crystals on the ground, but you're not sure if they are magical or not.
-1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Obtain Rose Quartz x3. Fire Magic Rank 1: 10/15 EXP. Spell Gained: Light (Object touched, Lasts 2 Turns/Mana) Skill Unlocked: Searching Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Guess I'll stay down here for a bit. Set up a crystal to try to make it charge underground, somehow.
3 You build a small circle out of stones and put a quartz in the middle. If you aren't mistaken, it looks like it's starting to glow a little bit.
-1 Hunger. Warning: Low Hunger. -1 White Quartz. Charging White Quartz: 5% Complete.

Danea continues to look around, going down a level if possible; and as always, snatching any goodies she sees.
6 You do find a bunch of ore and crystals as well as another ladder going down, but it breaks in the middle of your descent. This seems to be happening a lot.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger. Obtain Copper Ore x3, Blue Quartz x3, Yellow Citrine x3. Searching Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger or +1 Searching (one time only)

Set out to find any sort of civilisation.
1 You trip and scrape yourself on a jagged rock. -2 health, Gain Status: Bleeding.

search for more gems
5 You find a bunch more useful things, some which are more rare than others. You now feel as if you have enough different colors to make the statue.
-1 Hunger. Obtain Blue Quartz x3, Grey Quartz x3, Green Quartz x1. Searching Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger or +1 Searching (one time only)

get Aaron to leave us cats be already. We don't need to be pampered or bothered by humans constantly! Give us a break already! Bite him gently if he doesn't get the message.
Glass (1+1) and Dustin (5) Aaron is too distracted by Tab to accomplish anything this turn. The Winged cat feels more amiable to the feline in this situation.
Glass: -1 Hunger.
Dustin: +1 Friendship with Winged Cat. Combat Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger or +1 Combat (one time only)

Eat some of my food, cook what I haven't cooked yet and train my hunting skills.
5 Your spider meat was very filling. You cook the rest of your meat, and even some from camp. It looks like someone at camp killed all the deer, and this insight helps you with your hunting.
Hunger replenished, Gain status: Full. -1 Cooked Spider Meat. Cooked Rabbit Meat, Obtain Cooked Deer Meat x3. Cooking Rank 0: 9/10 EXP.
Hunting Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger or +1 Hunting (one time permanent bonus)

+1 Combat Please.
Sleep in the house, happy that the door is watched (very possibly by dragons). Have to sleep sometime.
I am sorry I didn't explain the house design well. Basically it's a central room surrounded by 10 other rooms. Essentially, those rooms are either 3 by 3 (15 ft by 15 ft) or 3 by 5 (15 ft by 25 ft). This is shown by the "X"s. Each room has access to the large central room (10 doors), and the 3 by 5 rooms are larger corner rooms. The house has one entry point, ("north or top of diagram"). I imagine it's probably a matter of casting mud to stone a few more times. That way we'd have a large place for all really....
One large room surrounded by 10 smaller rooms, each with one entrance into the large room. Building entrance/exit on "North" (top) of diagram. Corner rooms are the larger ones. It's potentially scalable for basement or 2nd story, but for now I'd be happy with one finished building. Imagine all the rooms in a house arranged around one really big room.
4 You rest peacefully under the watchful eyes of your dragon friends. They find your sleeping form to be cute. Retroactive +1 Friendship with both dragons, gain another +1 this turn.
Thank you for the clarification in regards to your building. That sounds relatively reasonable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:43:21 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 09, 2017, 10:45:03 pm »

eat something, and work on improving the circle so it charges faster.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 72