Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134075 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2017, 02:42:46 pm »

"So, you bear interest in a form of mental magic? I'm sure that could be obtained with inquiry into the nature of the mind, or even human existence. Such fun topics, aren't they? Well, if you need me, I'll be freezing that lump of water over there. I might need some food for later, though. Can I borrow this?"

Take a cooked fish, then go and cast Water to Ice on the lump of water.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2017, 03:24:52 pm »

If you still have a spot open, here's a sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2017, 12:29:50 am »

Nix

Try and make friends with the dragon.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2017, 12:56:35 am »

You've been added as our tenth player. Please feel free to post your action.

Create several campfires in a circle(with empty space in the middle)And stand in the center. Focusing on the fire I attempt to gain fire magic.
3 You make like one more campfire before you run out of stray branches. On the bright side, you learn something about fire. Skill Unlocked: Fire Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: None yet.
On the downside, your new campfire collapses and starts a grass fire. In the forest. Uh-oh.

Sheathe my blade, kneel, and extend an open palm to the dragon. If it approaches and is non-hostile, lay the mushrooms out in front of it. Watch how it reacts to the mushrooms; if it is frightened of them, they may be poisonous. It it's hostile, then GTFO.
5 The dragon seems to look at you with less hostility, gazing at the mushrooms.
"Not a cloak... a ssstranger..." It looks at the mushrooms. "I can eat anything, ssstranger. Thessse will not harm me, the cloaksss tried. But you are not a cloak... you are offering them to me?" It quickly drags the mushrooms closer to it, more hoarding than eating at the moment. It seems happy. -1 Red Mushroom, -1 Purple Mushroom.
"Cloaksss said Red and Purple are poissson, but good for potionsss. You ssshould eat the brown onesss.

Think on the meaning of movement, how things change, how animals run. Try to animate the knife.
6 You feel another strange sensation of knowing. You cast a spell to animate the knife, and it works. -1 Hunger. Transmutation Magic Rank 0: 5/10. Gain Spell: Animate Object, 2 Mana Cost.
However, not only did you already use the mana to cast that spell, but it looks like the dagger doesn't want to obey it's master. It floats in the air and turns on you. -2 Mana. Animated Dagger: 5/5 Health

Learn New Earth Magic, please. I admit, I am curious what spell.
I would like to plant the new x5 blackberries, expand the farm a bit, focus & cast plant growth again on the newly planted berries. Make more berries.
You obtain Rock to Mud/Mud to Rock (2 Mana)
You plant more blackberries and ready the spell again. The spell backfires, and you lose some of your life force. -5 Blackberry. -2 Health, -1 Mana, -1 Hunger. Lost Status Effect: Full

Develop my water magic. I'm particularly thinking of something to make other calm, the way water is, or maybe something that will soothe others the way that water would. Yes, something to calm and soothe others.
3 You develop your understanding of water magic a little bit. You also understand that calming and soothing others or making them quiet involves another form of magic. -1 Hunger. Water Magic Rank 0: 8/10 EXP.

hmm. Try to cast gust of wind on something and get a feel for how strong the gust is.
4 You cast Gust of Wind. It's a pretty good breeze, pushing a large log to roll towards Jeb. -1 Mana. Air Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP.

Go back to camp get one of the logs and focus and imagine it shaping up into something else
4 A log rolls towards you, and you try to shape it with your mind. You succeed, and it's a crude statue of a bipedal humanoid. Skill Unlocked: Transmutation Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Shape Object, 1 Mana Cost. Gain Mana Bar: 5/5

Take a cooked fish, then go and cast Water to Ice on the lump of water.
1 You don't manage to steal a cooked fish from your 'friend' Aaron. You also waste your spell, because it turns out that's not water. It's a strange, gelatinous creature, and it leaps out at you. It's mass sloshes against you, and its juices burn uncomfortably. -2 Health, -1 Hunger, -2 Mana. Clear Ooze: 22/22 Health

Try and make friends with the dragon.
3 You stop trembling in the corner and approach the dragon near Valosh. -1 Hunger. It looks at you in turn.
"Another ssstranger... The one that wasss afraid. Have you finally gained your courage? That isss admirable... But that doesss not mean that I will trussst either of you ssso easily... The cloaksss were mean. They tried to hurt... However, I can sssee the ssstrangersss are trying to be niccce. I will bessspeak you... and perhapsss in time, we can be friendsss if you prove you are not like a cloak."

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:30:36 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2017, 12:58:50 am »

Nix

Kneel before the dragon, show I'm not a threat, try and make friends.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2017, 01:22:45 am »

Create a new spell:
Spoiler: Control Flame (click to show/hide)
Use the spell to put out the grass fire.
((If that's not how spell creation works give me a random fire spell, and my character will run away from the fire.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2017, 02:33:18 am »

Ponder the mysteries of my body and physical abilities, and ways to enhance them, perhaps via some sort of inner energy or magic or something. Do this while attempting to teach myself how to wield a sword so that I can draw experience for my pondering from the movements and actions of my body.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2017, 04:25:59 am »

Plant the x7 strawberry seeds. Cast plant growth again. Consider next turn: making mud building foundation and maybe walls?.

Catch my breath, recover, and consider what happened. While planting strawberry seeds, think about not only creation of life, but the inherent boundaries that means as well. Once understood, cast plant growth on the new strawberry crop a little more carefully this time. After that, plan out some possible structures to make out of mud so they can be turned to stone later (probably next turn I imagine).

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2017, 05:57:42 am »

Eat another one of my pieces of cooked fish, and return to fishing. While I do so, think about people and other living things, especially how they think.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2017, 05:58:37 am »

Ah!
How exactly does one fight a knife?
Turn it back!
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2017, 06:23:15 am »

((Damnit Nix this dragon is mine.))

Offer another purple mushroom to the dragon, then gently stroke its nose when it comes to take it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2017, 09:38:57 am »

Sorry to bother, but can I build mud objects, buildings, and infrastructure, then turn it to stone? Depends on size with repeat casting for large things? Long term, building a village/city with planters for food isn't way out there, and could be done mundanely too. Not unreasonable?

Also, frees up others, gives them a reason to protect me (food/shelter/perhaps healing), and aids GM. Adversaries may become allies if fed/sheltered. Makes for interesting story? Build up skill, and earth/nature magic bonuses = good utility character.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46:01 am »

Sorry to bother, but can I build mud objects, buildings, and infrastructure, then turn it to stone? Depends on size with repeat casting for large things? Long term, building a village/city with planters for food isn't way out there, and could be done mundanely too. Not unreasonable?

Also, frees up others, gives them a reason to protect me (food/shelter/perhaps healing), and aids GM. Adversaries may become allies if fed/sheltered. Makes for interesting story? Build up skill, and earth/nature magic bonuses = good utility character.
YES! VERY VERY YES! :D :D :D :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2017, 10:48:02 am »

go back to my backpack and tools. Try to figure out a way to make them cat-functional. Meow repeatedly at the guy who shaped the log until they help.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:47:05 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2017, 11:08:30 am »

"AaaaUuuhh! RUN! IT is not WATER!!

..so, is it weak to fire? It COULD explode, or it's composition could become burnt and solid enough to reliably strike...oh yeah, running for my life
".

Run to campfire. Take a piece of leftover wood, and use it as a torch or such. Light it on fire at the campfire if the blob comes close, and then throw the flaming wood at it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:49:29 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 72