Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133797 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2017, 11:21:18 am »

Focus and imagine the statue walking
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2017, 02:47:30 pm »

Sorry to bother, but can I build mud objects, buildings, and infrastructure, then turn it to stone? Depends on size with repeat casting for large things? Long term, building a village/city with planters for food isn't way out there, and could be done mundanely too. Not unreasonable?

Also, frees up others, gives them a reason to protect me (food/shelter/perhaps healing), and aids GM. Adversaries may become allies if fed/sheltered. Makes for interesting story? Build up skill, and earth/nature magic bonuses = good utility character.
Well it's specifically mud to rock or vice versa, but that's still a legitimate way to use the spell, if it works out for you. Thanks for the ideas. I'll get to my replies later, as I'm a bit busy today.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:49:49 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2017, 09:40:07 pm »

Kneel before the dragon, show I'm not a threat, try and make friends.
2 You hurt your knee on a nearby rock. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. The dragon shakes its head slightly.
"Really now... kneeling? You are not a ssservant of mine. You jussst want to make sssure that I won't hurt you." It seems sad at that. You take 2d6 emotional damage. (Not actually real damage)

Create a new spell:
Spoiler: Control Flame (click to show/hide)
Use the spell to put out the grass fire.
3 You focus more on the fire to try and learn how to control it. It looks like you were going to learn something that anyways. Gain Spell: Control Fire, 1 Mana Cost. Gain Mana Bar: 5/5
You immediately use the mana to put out the fire that you started. -1 Mana. Fire Magic Rank 0: 2/10 EXP.

Ponder the mysteries of my body and physical abilities, and ways to enhance them, perhaps via some sort of inner energy or magic or something. Do this while attempting to teach myself how to wield a sword so that I can draw experience for my pondering from the movements and actions of my body.
2 You don't manage to learn much at all, because you stumble over from swinging your sword around and fall flat on your face. -1 Health, -1 Hunger.

Plant the x7 strawberry seeds. Cast plant growth again. Consider next turn: making mud building foundation and maybe walls?.
4 You plant the strawberry seeds and cast plant growth on them, which makes them grow into bushes. You consider your plan for making a house out of mud, and it seems like a pretty good plan. -1 Mana, -1 Hunger. -7 Strawberry Seed. Farming Rank 0: 9/10 EXP. Earth Magic Rank 1: 4/15 EXP.

Eat another one of my pieces of cooked fish, and return to fishing. While I do so, think about people and other living things, especially how they think.
5+1 You eat a cooked fish and go back to fishing, not even caring about the ooze nearby. It's not your problem. You still your mind and think about how others think, and through a flash of inspiration, you feel like you can make them feel sleepy. -1 Cooked Fish, +2 Hunger. You Obtain Fish x5. Fishing Rank 1 EXP: 9/15 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Enchantment Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Slumber, 1 Mana Cost.
However, all of this has left you feeling a bit worse for wear. -1 Health.

Ah! How exactly does one fight a knife?
Turn it back!
3 You try to reverse the spell, and you succeed. It's a regular dagger again. -1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Transmutation Magic Rank 0: 6/10 EXP.

Offer another purple mushroom to the dragon, then gently stroke its nose when it comes to take it.
5 Lucky you. The dragon seems more amiable to offerings than trying to cower before it, taking your mushroom with another eager swipe. It sees you reaching for it, and cautiously nudges its head against your hand. -1 Purple Mushroom.
"My name isss Kalith, ssstranger. I ssshould give you something in return for eatingsss." The dragon seems to slink back for a moment into the darkness before popping out. The dragon deposits something dead and charred onto your hand from its mouth. You obtain Cooked Spider Meat x1.

go back to my backpack and tools. Try to figure out a way to make them cat-functional. Meow repeatedly at the guy who shaped the log until they help.
2 They are definitely not cat functional in any way, shape or form. You don't even have opposable thumbs. You still meow incessantly for a while, in so much that you become pretty parched. -2 Hunger. Lost Status Effect: Full.

Run to campfire. Take a piece of leftover wood, and use it as a torch or such. Light it on fire at the campfire if the blob comes close, and then throw the flaming wood at it.
3 You use up some of your energy to make a torch to throw at the thing. It doesn't seem very effected by the fire, but it does take some damage anyways. It bounces closer again, but you are missed by the backsplash. -1 Hunger. Clear Ooze: 18/22

Focus and imagine the statue walking
4 You concentrate, and the statue begins to move. You're not sure if it will obey you completely, but it doesn't seem to be attacking you, either. -2 Mana. Transmutation Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Animate Object, 2 Mana Cost.
There's a cat meowing at you. It's pretty annoying.

Spoiler: Current Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:29:54 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2017, 09:43:28 pm »

Make the goo go to sleep, then cook 4 of my fish and smoke the other 4.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2017, 09:45:35 pm »

"Hey, anyone mind giving me food?"
If someone gives me food, eat until I am full.
Meditate on the aspect of transmutation that involves changing the substance of an object, what it is made of.
Fish while doing the second part of the above.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:53:29 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2017, 09:49:21 pm »

"Hey, anyone mind giving me food?"
If someone gives me food, eat until I am full.
Meditate on the aspect of transmutation that involves changing the substance of an object, what it is made of.

Show this man how to fish.
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; teach him to fish, and you feed him for life."
But seriously, dude, just try fishing a bit. It's not hard.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:53:57 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2017, 09:51:01 pm »

Demonstrate my plant-growth magic to wow the dragon. Use it on a small mushroom. Ignoring the fact that fungi are not technically plants.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2017, 09:52:42 pm »

"Sure why not. Just got really focused on my idea."
Above move edited.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2017, 10:03:19 pm »

Ponder why and how I fell. Not from the stumbling, I mean why did I fall down instead of up, left, right, or some other direction. Ponder ways to magically harness this force that makes me fall down (gravity). While doing that, go dig some clay out of the river if it's safe and try to stack them in blocks or bricks to dry.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:53:38 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2017, 10:17:03 pm »

continue meowing incessantly at Jeb to help me. Cast gust on him if he continues to ignore me.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:16:28 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2017, 10:37:23 pm »

Attempt to learn a spell that relates to conjuring fire, preferably destructive.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2017, 01:00:19 am »

Nix

"Sorry to trouble you."

Leave mine, eat mango.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2017, 05:42:08 am »

Pet the cat,and then focus on trying to understand it
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2017, 07:07:37 am »

Dig with the pickaxe near the campsite/farm in whatever direction seems most stable. Dig a square building foundation so the floor is 3 ft below ground, and pile the excavated dirt/mud and form that into walls. The result should be fairly high total interior wall height. Use the hoe to smooth out things. Also ceiling if possible, but that can be later if not. After that cast Mud to Rock.

Not sure how big an area I can make. I'd aim for 15 x 15, as I'm essentially just trying for a single room right now, when we have 10 people. Of course, I intend to add more rooms later, probably multiple turns depending on total building size. Everything could be done by mundane means anyhow as partially sunken isn't an extravagant style. Shelter is a key thing and at some point we'd have to address that anyhow.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:59:28 am by Transcendant »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2017, 10:35:20 am »

Repeat action with another piece of firewood, but stabbed in instead of thrown. Consider the nature of the reaction of fire to slime, and how other materials might interact with it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 72