Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133798 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #765 on: May 10, 2018, 03:27:16 pm »

I am entirely fish, yes.
Glass is Thebiggerfish confirmed.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 14, 2018, 01:14:44 am »

Nighttime 4: The Last Night of 'Easy' Mode (8 turns remain)
Only Papaj has not posted again.
As of the next in game day, I'll be applying weather effects. Bonuses to some skills, minuses to others.

Rest, and meditate on enchantment.
1 For some reason, you feel very restless. Something about the air has changed this night. Visions of five cloaked figured swim in your head. They hunger for the universe's power, even as it bursts at the seams. A green cloaked hand, desperate for power, reaches out to try to destabilize yours. It is temporary, but it still hurts. The vision fades.
-3 Hunger. -1 to next action.

Buy 1 gold crown worth of food from the first selection of the Dragoncrown Food Shop. Eat until full.
Afterwards, ask Lady Avita if there is another quest she would like me to do.

6 You buy and eat a whole pound of raw beef. You're full, but you're pretty sure that wasn't healthy for you. Hunger Filled. -1 Golden Crown. -1 Health, Gain Status: Ill
Avita tells you that she lost a necklace of hers recently. She thinks a monster stole it, and would like you to investigate. Quest Obtained: Find Avita's Necklace.

Danea takes some wood from the support beams, careful not to compromise the structural integrity, and uses shape object to create a portable ladder, which she uses to replace the broken ladder. She then descends further into the mines.
5 You reshape the ladder easily, using the wood from the broken ladder instead of doing something stupid. You descend further and further, soon finding yourself on the tenth underground level. It's starting to get darker, so it will be difficult to search around for anythign useful without a torch.
Transmutation Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Transmutation Magic.

+1 Mana. Go back to the mines and search the place for any gems. Focus on getting that Obsidian, but if I find other types of gems still take them.
If I find any valuable gems, try to talk with Jeb and trade my gems for that Obsidian diamond he has.

5 Jeb is unavailable at the moment. Luckily, down in the mine you find some valuable gems, including a piece of obsidian.
Obtain Obsidian Shard x1, Yellow Citrine x3, Orange Citrine x3. Searching Rank 0. Next Rank: 5/10 EXP.

Bind my wound so I stop bleeding. Meditate on the possibility of embedding souls in objects as a way to power them.
3 You bind your wound, but it might not fully heal for a bit. You start thinking about things that, for some reason, make you feel uneasy.
-1 Hunger. Bleeding Status changed to Bandaged Wound (less health loss over time). Skill Unlocked: Necromancy Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: None yet.

well, I'm starting to get hungry myself. Go hunt for someething to eat. Mice, rats, rabbit, whatever is available.
5+1 You hunt down and kill some rats, consuming them immediately. Unfortunately, they were unhealthy again. Hunger filled. -1 Health. Gain Status: Ill. Hunting Rank 1: 5/15 EXP.

+1 Tailoring
Try to make those Spirit Power infused gloves. And probably eat again if I can find some food.

2+3 You make some impressive gauntlets, infusing Spirit Power into them. You feel that they may make you more lucky in the future. You eat up some of the Deer Meat you have.
Spirit Depleted. Health and Hunger replenished. -2 Deer Meat. Obtain Spirit Infused Gauntlets (Random bonus on 5's). Tailoring Rank 1. Next Rank: 5/15 EXP. Spirit Power Rank 3: 7/25 EXP.

Heal Jerra with magic (minor heal). Meditate on healing and offer to teach her if she would like. Ask if everyone wants to go to the nearby city to see if we can help there.
Seems Jerra got injured, magic fixes that. Offer to let her know how, while meditating on it myself (not sure how else to do it). Seems a lot of people in the group went over to this dragon friendly city. Assuming our dragon friends would like to accompany us, naturally extend the invitation along to them. They're great. My talents were often based on the idea of helping others and support, so a population of friendlies seems to fit into that. It also potentially opens up more possibilities to expand various social and infrastructural elements, assuming that's ok.
5 You heal up Jerra's wound. The dragon are amiable towards a change of location if their good friends want to do so. Not to mention, Lady Avita sounds like a nice person.
-2 Mana. Spirit Magic Rank 3: 8/25 EXP. Jerra: Loses Bleeding Status, +1 to action.

Um, +1 Combat if that's ok. Thank Wren for letting me learn healing magic and healing me and stopping the bleeding and teaching me how to fight better. So far I like this guy. Sure I'll go to Dragoncrown Village if everyone else is going.
1+1 Your friend Wren heals you. It's very distracting because he's touching your hand to do it. -1 Hunger. Lost Bleeding Status.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:14:26 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 14, 2018, 02:29:53 am »

Nix

Meditate and think on what monsters in this locale covet jewels treasures.

((So yeah a Knowledge Check on monsters in the local area and their larcenous habits.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 14, 2018, 05:24:36 am »

bleh. Try again at communicating with the wolf. I know it can be done, just gotta figure out how!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 14, 2018, 05:55:51 am »

Stick me on the waitlist.

Name: Baldon
Appearance: A tall man with pale skin, with a bushy brownish beard.
Skills: None yet.
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 14, 2018, 07:36:20 am »

Danea learns a new transmutation magic.

Danea thought for a moment. She could use magic to change things and control the Earth. It wasn't unlikely that she could also create and shape fire. With this in mind, she used shape object to form a small wooden chunk into a torch shape, wrapped some of her large pile of grass around the tip, and attempted to use fire magic to ignite the makeshift torch.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 14, 2018, 07:48:44 am »

Green’s the enchantment mage, then, I presume?

Go find the dragons and consult them. See if they can help me rest more peacefully.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 14, 2018, 08:23:21 am »

Eat someting and meditate while holding the obsidian shard. Try to channel all of my mana to my left hand and cut it with the sharp obsidian, to cover it with mana-charged blood. Hopefuly, that will charge it with my vital energy.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 14, 2018, 09:06:34 am »

Shouting to anyone nearby, Aumrath implores them for assistance.
"Hey, anyone who can hear this. Could you please try to capture a bear in the woods and bring it back here, alive? You will be rewarded.
Continue with building a steelworks, using transmutation to bind the different metal plates together to increase the strength.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 16, 2018, 09:04:31 pm »

It has been pointed out that x10 for every pound may be a bit much. Therefore, for balancing, the new Shoppe layout is 1 pound = Nuts/Berries x10, Item x5, or Meat/Fish x2. Prices remain the same.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:14:03 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 17, 2018, 02:37:42 pm »

I guess go to town. Ask Wren and the Dragon to teach me some magic, probably about healing while we do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 17, 2018, 03:37:13 pm »

Time to test out conjuration. First Use Mana to Spirit to get 3 Spirit. Then use Conjure Simple Objects to conjure a sword while pouring Spirit into it to see if it makes it better.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 05:18:10 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 17, 2018, 09:49:57 pm »

Go to the town with Jerra and the Dragons. Gladly teach her some healing magic along the way.

Happily invite our dragon friends along with us, as well as teaching Jerra some healing magic. It's never a bad idea to be able to deal with injuries or any number of things really... that can be helped with healing magic. I don't think anyone's ever been injured and hated the idea of being able to do something about it. Once in the town I might consider meeting up with the others there as well as the Woman who is running the area: a transmutationist, I believe. I've been wanting to apply abilities to help other humans for quite some time and I imagine this may do well there. I've managed to raise buildings and infrastructure, can heal, and am able to fight a bit. Certainly there can be some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement struck between these people and ourselves. There's also probably information and achievements to be gained.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 19, 2018, 04:13:59 am »

See the future
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 23, 2018, 08:44:26 pm »

Stick me on the waitlist.

Name: Baldon
Appearance: A tall man with pale skin, with a bushy brownish beard.
Skills: None yet.
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10
Done. I'll let you know if anyone dies.

Nighttime 4 (7 Turns Remain)

Meditate and think on what monsters in this locale covet jewels treasures.
((So yeah a Knowledge Check on monsters in the local area and their larcenous habits.))
6 It's pretty obvious that dragons are rampant in this area, and they are most well known for their treasure hoarding ways. Other options include goblins, kobolds or other greedy creatures. Pick one and hope for the best. -2 Health from Illness, Mana replenished.

bleh. Try again at communicating with the wolf. I know it can be done, just gotta figure out how!
4 It seems to perk up its ears at your growling noises, making some back. 'Small kind feline. Deer all gone. Wolves hungry.' That's as best you can do.
Can now roughly talk with the wolf. Illness does not take effect this turn.

Danea learns a new transmutation magic.
Danea thought for a moment. She could use magic to change things and control the Earth. It wasn't unlikely that she could also create and shape fire. With this in mind, she used shape object to form a small wooden chunk into a torch shape, wrapped some of her large pile of grass around the tip, and attempted to use fire magic to ignite the makeshift torch.
You learn Animate Object (2 Mana)
You shape some wood and light it. -2 Mana, -1 Hunger. Light: 2 Turns. Transmutation Magic Rank 1: 3/15 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Fire Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Light (1 Mana)

Green’s the enchantment mage, then, I presume?
Go find the dragons and consult them. See if they can help me rest more peacefully.
They all have different types of the other magics, but definitely prefer one or two of them.
3-1 The dragons have decided to pack up their things to travel with their friends. As a result, they can't talk to you right now. -1 Hunger.

Eat someting and meditate while holding the obsidian shard. Try to channel all of my mana to my left hand and cut it with the sharp obsidian, to cover it with mana-charged blood. Hopefuly, that will charge it with my vital energy.
2+1 You eat some lizard meat, which isn't very filling but at least makes the hunger lessen. You decide to cut yourself, channeling your blood and mana to empower the obsidian. 
+1 Hunger, -1 Health, -1 Mana. Obsidian now Blood Charged. Skill Unlocked: Necromancy Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Blood for Power (Spend Health and Mana for benefits)

Shouting to anyone nearby, Aumrath implores them for assistance.
"Hey, anyone who can hear this. Could you please try to capture a bear in the woods and bring it back here, alive? You will be rewarded.
Continue with building a steelworks, using transmutation to bind the different metal plates together to increase the strength.
6 You build a good portion of your steelworks project. It's not done yet, but what you have built so far is pretty durable.
-1 Hunger, Mana Depleted, Iron Depleted. Transmutation Magic Rank 3: 13/25 EXP. Building Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max hunger, or +1 Building (one time only).

Time to test out conjuration. First Use Mana to Spirit to get 3 Spirit. Then use Conjure Simple Objects to conjure a sword while pouring Spirit into it to see if it makes it better.
1+1 Your spell fizzles. -3 Mana

Go to the town with Jerra and the Dragons. Gladly teach her some healing magic along the way.
Happily invite our dragon friends along with us, as well as teaching Jerra some healing magic. It's never a bad idea to be able to deal with injuries or any number of things really... that can be helped with healing magic. I don't think anyone's ever been injured and hated the idea of being able to do something about it. Once in the town I might consider meeting up with the others there as well as the Woman who is running the area: a transmutationist, I believe. I've been wanting to apply abilities to help other humans for quite some time and I imagine this may do well there. I've managed to raise buildings and infrastructure, can heal, and am able to fight a bit. Certainly there can be some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement struck between these people and ourselves. There's also probably information and achievements to be gained.
6 You convince your dragon friends to come with you, so they start packing up their things. They'll be with you in a little while. You teach Jerra some healing magic by demonstrating it on her.
Dragons will move with you to Dragoncrown in 2 Turns. -2 Mana. +1 to Jerra's action, +2 Health to Jerra.

I guess go to town. Ask Wren and the Dragon to teach me some magic, probably about healing while we do.
2+1 You start your move, and your friend Wren fully heals you. You feel like you've learned something from him, though definitely not as strong as he showed you.
+2 Health, -1 Hunger. Skill Unlocked: Spirit Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Minor Heal (1 Mana)

See the future
1+2 You feel moved by forces unknown to actually see something this time. Another timeline, where the Spirit Mage rules with the Great Dragon. It's not a bad future, assuming it can be accomplished.
-10 Mana. Divination Magic Rank 2: 12/20 EXP.  Good Ending 2: Raise the Spirit Mage to Power, ally with Great Dragon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72