Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134058 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #975 on: October 28, 2018, 07:58:35 pm »

Next one should be the Air Mage, correct? I have no idea how am I supossed to summon it, though. Air is kinda... Unsubstantial.

Use Blood for Power. Attempt to call the Air Mage's attention and challenge him through it. If these mages are aiming to become gods, they should probably have some sort of awareness of the world.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 28, 2018, 08:31:03 pm »

((Looks like its Power Up time.))

Before I forget again, +1 Health from when I leveled up gathering. Then use Minor Enhance Self and Controlled Power. Also see if I can reach that Dragon I saw in my dreams to ask if my prolific skill at killing stuff is good enough that he would grant me some power so I can fix the tear in the world. I'll even throw in an offer to hunt down one thing for him after he has helped me and the rift is sealed.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 29, 2018, 07:48:10 pm »

Cover healer friend while he heals the injured combatants, attack monster if opportunity is there.

Somehow I'm going to try to minimize the damage to others this thing does while helping the healer heal. If I can cause it damage while doing so, then great.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 30, 2018, 07:34:36 am »

Objective 1: protect villagers while they help fight this thing.
Objective 2: Kill or incapacitate this thing.

I am out of mana, so this thing gets an axe to it's exposed body parts. Earth mage is a dick, and the mages, all of them, appear to have no regard for life. Apparently, this world and all on it are forfeit if it leads to a chance of them getting power. Supporting them is folly, at best. On behalf of everyone on this world, I greatly disapprove of everything and everyone dying.

Still have evac contemplation on the back burner, along with somehow arming, armoring, and mobilizing these people to some form of safety, and away from the absolute or zombie apocalypse.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 07:39:08 am by Transcendant »

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 30, 2018, 07:51:15 am »

Waitlist please.

Seems simple character creation roadblock + name works? Standard equipment and all that.

I'm at work so I'll get a name and stats in later. Copy select is a pain in the butt. I know things end soon, so I'll be ok with that and study magic no one else has very much. Prolly fire. Why not?

Will edit lateer

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 30, 2018, 09:04:40 am »

Waitlist please.

Seems simple character creation roadblock + name works? Standard equipment and all that.

I'm at work so I'll get a name and stats in later. Copy select is a pain in the butt. I know things end soon, so I'll be ok with that and study magic no one else has very much. Prolly fire. Why not?

Will edit lateer
Since we don't have stats to fill in at character creation here, I think you're in the wrong thread.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 30, 2018, 06:54:18 pm »

I meant this:

Name: Joran Winsdotter
Appearance: Pale, skinny, wide eyed, former red head who's fascinated with fire. Dressed in brown (somewhat seared, flame licked, don't ask) leather. Completely bald (burned off).
Came to a quiet village called Dragoncrown hoping to study fire magic without interruption. Then, interruptions.... The sky did a thing where it cracked open, and somehow there's
a big plant thing in the middle of town, after an earth mage, the wrong kind of mage for him, showed up and summoned it. He doesn't know he's supposed to study fire magic like this.
Skills: None yet.
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 04, 2018, 08:51:38 pm »

Spring Night 5: Partly Void (+Necromancy/Spirit, -Searching/Divination.) 7 Turns Remain.
5 Days Remain

Name: Joran Winsdotter
Appearance: Pale, skinny, wide eyed, former red head who's fascinated with fire. Dressed in brown (somewhat seared, flame licked, don't ask) leather. Completely bald (burned off).
Came to a quiet village called Dragoncrown hoping to study fire magic without interruption. Then, interruptions.... The sky did a thing where it cracked open, and somehow there's
a big plant thing in the middle of town, after an earth mage, the wrong kind of mage for him, showed up and summoned it. He doesn't know he's supposed to study fire magic like this.
Skills: None yet.
Items: Sword, Pickaxe, Fishing Rod, Hoe, Axe, Watering Can
Health: 10/10
Hunger: 10/10
You have been put on the waitlist.

"I seek the Lady Avita Cinna's necklace. Barring that, an honourable death fighting a being as strong as yourself."
Ready myself to dodge in case the dragon refuses to give up the necklace peacefully.
1+1 "No." You are nicked by its scratch as you dodge out of the way. -1 Health. Fighting Young Blue Dragon: 70/70 Health

I want octopus leather and then octopus-leather armor. And then I want it enchanted with overshoot protection. And also cook and skin the various fish that I have that I haven't cooked and skinned yet, and make leather out of their skin too.
I can do all that, right?

4+1 You sure can do all that.
Mana depleted. -1 Giant Octopus Skin, Gain Octopus Armor of Overshoot Protection (-1 to Overshoots 3/day, Auto-use when overshoots occur).
All fish cooked, Obtain Medium Fish Skin x5, Large Fish Skin x2. Abjuration Magic Rank 0: 7/10 EXP. Enchantment Magic Rank 3: 17/25 EXP. Cooking Rank 2: 17/20 EXP.
Skill unlocked: Tailoring Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.
Gain Spells: Enchant Object (1 Mana + Mana of spells wanting to enchant with), Overshoot Protection (5 Mana, -1 to next overshoot.)

Head for the mountain ruins, pack the scrolls and some rations.
6-1 You pack up some rations and head for the mountains. You search around and find some of the ruins there, as well as a small chest of scrolls.
Searching Rank 0: 7/10 EXP. Gain Ration x3, Ancient Scroll x4.

Danea continues exploring, but instead of searching for anything she simply wanders, looking for landmarks of interest.
If she locates a stream, lake, or waterfall, she stops there and meditates on the theories of water magic. She also attempts to channel a connection to the water mage, to apologize for her disobedience, but also to argue in favor of her decision to spare the slime.
If she locates civilization, either the player settlement or Dragoncrown, she warily stays on the edge of it and observes what is going on within.
If neither of these are located, then she meditates as she walks on the practice of air magic.

2 You wander around for a while, but all you end up doing is getting yourself thoroughly lost. -1 Hunger.

Meditate on dimensionalism, replenish mana.
3 You meditate on dimensionalism. You're not too sure, but you get a strong feeling that other than the Physical Dimension that you're in currently and Void Dimension that have made itself apparent, there may be three other dimensions.+3 Mana, -1 Hunger.

Ask astral-cat if they want to hunt a mummy with me. Regardless, start heading in the direction of the mountains to find the ruins.
4 Astral cat is your stalwart friend through all things, so they are more than willing to come with you. You go to the ruins and it isn't long before you find the mummy.
-1 Hunger. Searching Rank 1: 3/15 EXP. Fighting Mummy: 60/60 Health.

Next one should be the Air Mage, correct? I have no idea how am I supossed to summon it, though. Air is kinda... Unsubstantial.
Use Blood for Power. Attempt to call the Air Mage's attention and challenge him through it. If these mages are aiming to become gods, they should probably have some sort of awareness of the world.

4+1 You call upon the powers that be to draw the Air Mage's attention. As if to obey, a strange yellow orb appears in front of you, crackling with electricity.
-1 health. Necromancy Rank 1: 13/15 EXP. Fighting: Will-'o-wisp, 40/40 Health.

Before I forget again, +1 Health from when I leveled up gathering. Then use Minor Enhance Self and Controlled Power. Also see if I can reach that Dragon I saw in my dreams to ask if my prolific skill at killing stuff is good enough that he would grant me some power so I can fix the tear in the world. I'll even throw in an offer to hunt down one thing for him after he has helped me and the rift is sealed.
2+1 You contact The Great Dragon again, to which you lend an ear. "Much power is needed to heal the tear," says the dragon, looking a bit more worse for wear since you last saw them. "I will try to give you more insight on it." You feel overwhelmed as the vision focuses in on the cracks in the sky, spilling forth with stars. Perhaps there is a way that they can be sealed back together, but if even the weakened gods of the realm can't accomplish it, how will you unless you gain power over the void itself?
-1 Hunger. Spirit Depleted. Spirit Power Rank 3: 15/25 EXP. Diplomacy Rank 0: 4/10 EXP.

Cover healer friend while he heals the injured combatants, attack monster if opportunity is there.
5+1 You cover Ethan as he heals some of the combatants. Dealing more damage along with the villagers, the shambling mound makes another sweep of its large hand. It scrapes you and slams into Ethan, who crumples to the ground unconscious.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 2: 15/20 EXP. Diplomacy Rank 1: 13/15 EXP. Shambling Mound: 15/60 Health. Ethan: Critically wounded.

Objective 1: protect villagers while they help fight this thing.
Objective 2: Kill or incapacitate this thing.

5+1 You protect the villagers and finish the large thing off. A victory cry is spilled through the crowd in your name, but it doesn't last for long. The streets you so beautifully paved crack open as vines protrude from them, grabbing hold of some of the townsfolk. A figure in a green cloak lined with brown appears before you menacingly. "It's time to end this, once and for all."
-1 hunger. Diplomacy Rank 1: 12/15 EXP. Combat Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger. +1 to Becoming a God. 10 Townsfolk restrained.
The Earth Mage loses power.

Boss Fight: The Earth Mage, 100/100 Health, Weakened in Earth Powers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:13:26 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 04, 2018, 08:54:46 pm »

Moderate Harm this dragon.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 04, 2018, 08:56:23 pm »

Snack on the last of my food.
Fashion another Kosjenka that will mine specifically for amethyst, using the ores gathered by Tim, or shape object on a pile of Earth.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:52:22 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 04, 2018, 08:58:57 pm »

Rest a bit to restore mana. Meditate on enchantment magic, as well as whichever type of magic is used for antimagic. And also earth magic, and abjuration if that's not already the antimagic one (I think it is). Ask the Great Dragon if there's anything I can do to assist it.
And also try to strengthen my bond with Canadia and Redwing.

And if Billy Bob comes along to ask for magic tutoring, provide it. If they want to teach me anything that's cool too.

Also, feed anyone that comes by requesting food.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 10:16:58 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 04, 2018, 10:06:10 pm »

Blast it with an orb of lightning! electrocute it to ash!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 05, 2018, 06:21:28 am »

Have my skeletal black dragon attack the Will-O-Wisp and distract it while I sneak and stab it from behind. If I'm hit, take the chance to use that lost health in Blood for Power
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:00:53 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 05, 2018, 06:00:40 pm »

Danea casts levitate and pushes herself up into the air as high as she can go, preferably above the tree-tops, to get a better look around her. She takes note of all interesting landmarks. Once done, she returns to the ground, lights a fire, and cooks her brown mushrooms - she is getting quite hungry after all.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 10, 2018, 05:05:10 pm »

Heal the healer, then fight the earth mage with everybody else.

Down to 1 MP. I hope healing the healer frees up more healing. It'll free up Wren to deal with those ten tied down people.

Told you I didn't have to copy. Nah. :p
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72