Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214823 times)

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 1 [A New Day]
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2017, 09:39:18 am »

Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent
Try to escape the predator by maneuvering through the abyss.

My color will be this.
Insert witty signature here

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2017, 10:27:39 am »

Squra

Start moving through the forest stealthily looking for my net meal 
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2017, 11:16:57 am »

Eximius is growing slightly annoyed by this waiting. He'd be long gone from this valley if he could move by himself.

Still nothing he can do aside from waiting. And maybe shouting at Fate to bring him a wielder already.

((Also, I wonder who's going to be the next unlucky sod to encounter the Armor.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:35:57 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2017, 11:38:57 am »

Head up the river to the left of the setting sun.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2017, 01:09:49 pm »

Red for me :3

The commotion caused by the recent monster invasion disturbed Skee. All this ceaseless agitation, all these sudden changes disrupted his quiet existence, and he did not like that. However, he felt something else, among all this doubt and anxiety. Excitation. Something had changed within himself. For the first time, Skee wanted more than just to survive. He wanted to explore, grow, become powerful... Maybe this was good after all. Deciding to take this opportunity, Skee decided to head north, looking for a strong host.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2017, 02:10:42 pm »

((Wow, I didn't think I would be in for quite some time. I choose maroon for my color.))

Go'Von was hungry. His instincts told him to climb up on the ceiling and wait for prey to come underneath so he could smother them to death.
Go'Von climbed onto the ceiling and waited for something to come under him, then he would smother it to death.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2017, 02:18:52 pm »

((Wow, I didn't think I would be in for quite some time. I choose maroon for my color.))

Go'Von was hungry. His instincts told him to climb up on the ceiling and wait for prey to come underneath so he could smother them to death.
Go'Von climbed onto the ceiling and waited for something to come under him, then he would smother it to death.
(Dangit, maroon was gonna be my color. Now I gotta pick between orange and yellow.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2017, 02:27:10 pm »

(Dangit, maroon was gonna be my color. Now I gotta pick between orange and yellow.)
((Sorry, I can switch to orange if you really want maroon.))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2017, 02:29:04 pm »

((hey so I updated saint Beefus' sheet in line with the information from before. You may notice that his second skill seems kind of self defeating considering that he's undead, that is on purpose
))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:35:34 pm by Failbird105 »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2017, 03:28:35 pm »

"Ah, so that is the first landmark we should investigate. Certainly not the last, though... Heh, Astrosa, care to guess who chased humans out? My bet would be on lesser demons, although desert monsters and disturbed ruin guardians hold a close second place."

Ulkas felt quite cheerful, having great expectations on these ruins. Obviously, their search could yield no results here and in several places they visit up next, but something in him felt quite certain that this place can be a perfect start... If they play their cards right.

"Just in case, but do you see anything here?"

Start investigation. Double check for powerful enemies and dangerous traps. Analyze information about these ruins I gathered before.

((Astrosa should have 39/39 MP instead of 29.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2017, 05:39:18 pm »

Review my knowledge of alchemy; how does it work in this world?

Pick up some magical-looking plants and try to make my way towards civilization.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [15] - Turn 1 [A New Day]
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2017, 04:10:05 am »

Turn 2: Getting started

Turn 1

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
My color is this

Search the forests for the sylvarians and the new life tree. Apologize for failing to protect the forest and promise to help in any way a psychic insect could help them. Then try to find if anyone of my psychic kin escaped or all of them fought and died using my telepathy to detect psychic powers arround me.

(I know I am in the forest, trying to locate the leader sylvarian and the life tree.)

There was no need to search the forests, as you had lived in the Sylvarian camp for the past weeks or so. You strolled around the settlement, heading for the new life tree. A small shrub vibrant with life, fiercely protected by the Sylvarians. A normal monster wouldn't have been allowed to approach it, but you were an exception to the rule.

Corcio and Lafea, the current guardians greeted you. You greeted back, and once again apologized over and over about your failure to protect the Elon Woods. Seeing this small beacon of hope only brought your regrets, you couldn't help it.

"We are all at fault there. All of us were unable to protect our woodhomes, and had to leave the forest to die." said Corcio "but you who covered everyone's escape, should never have to blame itself. You have helped us so much already, we are all grateful."

There was always something to be done for the settlement. Gathering food, protecting the gatherers, warding off invaders... This new land, the Savarde Jungle, was of course already inhabited by many creatures. They fought to make a place for themselves, and this new home was still hostile to them after all.

Event Roll: [4] After your daily visit to the lifetree, you headed toward the canopy where the few psychic spiders of the settlement made their home, and by extension, your home. Only a dozen initial ones managed to escape with the main group. Most were nameless, apart from a few ones.

Among them was Khywa, the eldest of the group, a female Psychic Spider. She was far larger than the other, and quite wise. She bore on her back a sack of eggs, that would become Psychic Spiderlings in a few weeks at most.

Eron, the Phantom Musician (OceanSoul)
I am a ghost, am I not? I simply float upward, over the sandstorm, so I can see the surrounding area to some degree. It might take a short while, but it's certainly reasonable.

Action Roll (Diff 15): [17]+2 (Possessed Body) -Success-
Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-

Despite the fierce gusts of wind threatening to send your frail physical body to be thrown away like a rag doll, you stood strong and kept floating upward. You were getting closer to exiting the cloud of sand, as you could see glimpses of the blue sky.

And eventually you did! Perseverance proved you right, and you escaped from the sandstorm.

Suddenly you heard a piercing shriek, then another and finally a whole chorus of them. Looking behind you, you saw a swarm of manta like monsters, riding the sandstorm. They were coming your way.

Intentions unknown:
-Swarm of Desert Bladetail Manta

Spoiler: Eron Status (click to show/hide)

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
Protoquin(bold black with a bright glow for my character, the glow color will probably change with levels)
The being rubs its head, and the wrongness is apparent immediately, nothing like this had been seen in the dreaming, except for tales from the dreams themselves, was it in a dream?
Mrrrrrgll...
The sound is an almost otherworldly hybrid between a gurgle and a chirp as it exits the quinkans mouth.

explore, if this is a dream then surely other quinkan would be present, unless it was from a woken dreamer(in people terms, a lucid dreamer)

[6] Setting off to explore this eerily... natural dreamscape. Or was it "reality"? The original plane of the dream makers?

You wandered through the chalk hills. After a while of searching aimlessly, you spotted a form. A vaguely humanoid, with a featureless shape and glowing spots on its body. It could have been a Protoquin, or another Quinkan variant. Electroquin, Shieldquin? Only way to make sure was to get closer, as the blinding light of the sun was making it hard to discern the shape.

Once you got a bit closer, the being turned around, having detected your presence.

It was no Quinkan. A very tall and bulky humanoid, made of an eerie ectoplasmic substance. The glowing markings on its body formed alien signs and letters. It had a single white "eye", which looked at you, unmoving.

You froze. What was that? Where were you?

Intentions unknown:
Spiritual Marauder

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)
((I think this should do nicely for now))

This seems familiar. Anyways, keep my distance; look at the surroundings to see if there is anything useful/noteworthy.

The of the quarry was dug in successive levels, and continued toward a valley. You were fleeing from the center, as the worms came from it. You kept leaping toward the higher ground, analyzing your surroundings on the way.

Observation:
Action Roll (Diff 10): [11] -Success-
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

You spotted an unsteady large boulder to your far left. You could attempt to jump on it to reach the upper ground, making it fall on your pursuers at the same time.

Keeping your distances:
Action Roll (Diff 10): [17] -Success-
Outcome Roll: [4] -Critical Success-

This observation was probably for naught in the end, as you managed to keep a huge distance between you and your pursuers. They seemed to have realized pursuing you would be a waste of energy, and began to turn back.

Hostiles:
-Ravenous Worm #1: Leaving
-Ravenous Worm #2: Leaving

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy, the Omnislime

Squelchy hopped among the community, gently brushing with every other slime and sending this message through pheromones:
We must move, find new food, eat more. That is all we can do, and so that is what we must do.
He then observes their reaction, waiting for a consensus.

New Directives:
Action Roll (Diff 5): [19] -Success-
Outcome Roll: [3] -Critical Success-

The slimes sent a cloud of pheromones in approval. Of course they would follow you, you were a model for many of these slimes! They trusted your words without an ounce of doubt.

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Fluorine, the Harpie - (AbstractTraitorHero)
Flourine the enchanting harpy

The white haired blue eyed harpy seemed to visibly grow excited a smile tugging across their lip's. Quietly thought's perusing through their mind of what to say. Of how to lure and of the heavenly memory of their teeth sinking into a man's neck and holding him there as she feasted off him.

His struggling growing weaker and weaker. Fluorine hoped they were an adventurer...they loved lots of nice muscle on their meat!

Flourine sing's her enchanting song with a warm smile on her face. The song is melodious slow and beckoning spoken in the human tongue and is seemingly rather flirtacious. She was going to lure him in then get a good look at him before she did any attacking.

((Feel free to come up with song lyrics if ye wish lol.))

You took off, flying low and as silently as possible toward the man. Once you were in range, you started singing.

Enchanting Song (Skill):
Opposition Roll (Int 1 vs Ind 0): [9]+2 (Surprise Attack) vs [2]

To the man, the words were as sweet as honey. The voice was clear like the purest crystal, tugging at the strings of his heart. Easily, he became entranced, and started forgetting the reason why he walked.

All that mattered now, was this song. Drawn like a moth to a flame, he headed for the source of the voice.

Intentions Unknown:
-Traveling Human: Entranced by the Enchanting Song

Spoiler: Fluorine Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
south seems good for now. Eventually I will find something that is smarter than just a killing force.

Southward:
Event Roll: [1]
The Azarian Project headed south, longing to escape from these savage lands.

After hours of moving southward, he came across a forest of black, thorny trees. There was something unnerving about this place, but he still chose to cut through.

As he was walking, he heard a brush behind him. Turning back, he saw nothing. Only these black, leafless trees seemingly made of petrified wood. Resuming his walk, he heard the brush again, closer.

Now, he was sure, there was something there. He looked up in the sky. Nothing but the same gray clouds. He waited, analyzing his surroundings... until a branch moved.

What moved noticed it had been spotted, and broke off the masquerade. A monster with countless black, long appendages ending with a sharp end moved toward The Azarian Project. Its body was a black sphere supported by these many limbs, which it used to move around the trees with a constant, silent motion.

Intentions Unknown:
-Black Thorns Horror: Probably hostile

Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)
Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent
Try to escape the predator by maneuvering through the abyss.

My color will be this.

Escape:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [4]+2 (Aquatic) -Failure-
Outcome Roll: [1] -Critical Failure-

Faster.. faster! You were so close from safety, yet you didn't seem to be advancing at all... And you realized a powerful current was escaping from the abyss. Oh no.

You turned back, seeing the gaping maw of the monstrous whale soon on you.

Coralfort Whale (Attack):
Combat Roll (Str 2 vs Con 1): [14] vs [9]-2 (Critical Failure)
Critical Roll: [7] (Normal Hit)
Damage: [4]*1.5 = [6]

The massive, toothed jaws closed on you. You felt your organs and spine being crushed by the pressure. You flailed around, attempting to break free, but the monster's grasp was strong...
-6 HP

Aspred looked in pain and rage at his aggressor. The whale's eyes were merciless.

Event Roll: [2]
Luck won't be coming to your aid.

Hostiles:
-Coralfort Whale

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:10:55 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2017, 04:10:29 am »

Squra the Leech Snake (killerhellhound)
Squra

Start moving through the forest stealthily looking for my net meal 

Hunting:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [14] -Success-
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

You slithered between the roots and tall grasses, looking for an easy prey. It didn't take long for you to find an isolated ape monster. It had three long tails, and apart from that, looked like a normal ape.

Intentions Unknown:
-Three-tailed Ape: Isolated

Spoiler: Squra Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
Eximius is growing slightly annoyed by this waiting. He'd be long gone from this valley if he could move by himself.

Still nothing he can do aside from waiting. And maybe shouting at Fate to bring him a wielder already.

((Also, I wonder who's going to be the next unlucky sod to encounter the Armor.))

O Fate:
Event Roll: [1] Eeeh, what a bad joke.

You saw a shadow, then a clawed hand grasping you. And suddenly, you took to the skies.
Some large bird of prey monster managed to see you, and it seemed you caught its fancy. He was flying toward a mountain range, far from the dark land below.

And then it dropped you from a huge height into its nest, before flying away again. Such savage handling didn't left you unharmed.
-3HP

Ooooo Fate: [4]
You waited. Again and again. This bird would often drop other trinkets on the huge pile of shining junk you were now part of. Fate seemed to be laughing at you, you felt humiliated.

And then one day like any other, while the bird was gone, you saw a small figure in the nest. A young human, wearing nothing but rags and some crude climbing gear. He first headed for the eggs, lightly knocking on them as if to probe the interior, then he moved toward the pile of junk you were in.

Yes. Yeeees. Come closer.

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Xizilitiz, the Lesser Angel (crazyabe)
Head up the river to the left of the setting sun.

Westward:
Event Roll: [3]
"Follow the sunset" said the voice. So you did. Walking for uneventful hours through the woods, you eventually reached a hill. From the top of this ground, you could see mountains in the distance, and what seemed to be plains.

There were monsters around, but most seemed uninterested in you.

Spoiler: Xizilitiz Status (click to show/hide)

Skree, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Red for me :3

The commotion caused by the recent monster invasion disturbed Skee. All this ceaseless agitation, all these sudden changes disrupted his quiet existence, and he did not like that. However, he felt something else, among all this doubt and anxiety. Excitation. Something had changed within himself. For the first time, Skee wanted more than just to survive. He wanted to explore, grow, become powerful... Maybe this was good after all. Deciding to take this opportunity, Skee decided to head north, looking for a strong host.

Northward:
Event Roll: [6]
You pushed your luck north, getting closer to the limits of the jungle. Avoiding large gathering of creatures, and ignoring the seemingly weak ones, you eventually found what seemed to you like a suitable host.

A sleeping tiger with a powerful body and many scars. That one would probably make a fine host, you thought.

The tiger opened an eye, looking straight toward you. It shouldn't have been able to see you, you thought. But it knew you were there, you could see it in its eyes.

Intentions Unknown:
-Tiger monster:

Spoiler: Skree Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Gray Ooze (Puppyguard)

Climbing:
Action Roll (Difficulty 12): [16] -Success-

You slowly made your ascent to the ceiling, fortunately undisturbed by whatever lived here. The ceiling was high, very high. He quickly reached it, but realized afterward that dropping on something from such a distance would be a bad idea.

Then he spotted a long stalactite, and creeped on it until he reached the end. Now, the distance was perfect.

Now he waited.

Waiting:
Event Roll: [2]
Something came. A white furred monster with no visible eyes walking on all four. It had an elongated neck, and its arms were longer than its hind legs. It was huge, and seemed very aggressive. From its toothed maw constantly dripped saliva.

Eventually, it walked right under your spot.

Intentions Unknown:
Subterranean Furred Monster

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Ah, so that is the first landmark we should investigate. Certainly not the last, though... Heh, Astrosa, care to guess who chased humans out? My bet would be on lesser demons, although desert monsters and disturbed ruin guardians hold a close second place."

Ulkas felt quite cheerful, having great expectations on these ruins. Obviously, their search could yield no results here and in several places they visit up next, but something in him felt quite certain that this place can be a perfect start... If they play their cards right.

"Just in case, but do you see anything here?"

Start investigation. Double check for powerful enemies and dangerous traps. Analyze information about these ruins I gathered before.

((Astrosa should have 39/39 MP instead of 29.))

"I agree, it probably wasn't demons. Monsters, or maybe the ruin guardians this golden golem spoke of, seeing how the humans left all kind of tools around."

That wasn't wrong, you heard that demons scavenged anything capable of giving them a technological advance. They wouldn't have left this camp unlooted. Not like anything here interested you, there were no magical items after all.

You coordinated with Astrosa to investigate the ruins before entering.

Astrosa:
Eyes of the Mighty:
Action Roll (Diff 5): [5] -Success-

Astrosa scrutinized the area minutely. After a pause, she answered "Nothing apart the two of us. Hah, weak creatures must instinctively flee from us now. Don't you think?"

She smiled at the rhetorical question, then pointed at the ruin's gate.
"But there is a different story.I can glimpse something inside, but we are still too far."

Ulkas:
Investigation:
Action Roll (Diff 10): [20] -Critical Success-

Doubling on Astrosa's investigation, you probed the area for presence. Nothing. Then you carefully analyzed the ruins entrance, and it seemed there was no trap of any kind.

It seemed too easy, but maybe sometimes thing could actually go without a hitch?

Then you reviewed what the Sentinel told you about these specific ruins. Some of the artifacts from the Vault came from these ruins named the Ruins of Taes. Named as such, because the only readable words at the entrance of the ruins formed "Taes".

Many mechanisms protected the place, and the deepest part of it was never reached. The traps and guardians of the ruin always changed and returned, and Valern couldn't never afford to fully explore the ruins because of a treaty with Ashafan. Then the war came, and Valern disappeared, and the rest is history.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

(Shard of) Breadweed, the Resilient (ATHATH)
Review my knowledge of alchemy; how does it work in this world?

Pick up some magical-looking plants and try to make my way towards civilization.

Alchemy (Skill):
Action Roll (Diff 10): [5] -Failure-
Outcome Roll: [1] -Critical Failure-

You focused on the alchemical knowledge from your home dimension, letting your mind naturally give meaning to this world Alchemy. Words poured into your mind, concepts, techniques... But you focused too much on your old knowledge, and mixed everything up.

It was too late when you realized it. When you attempted to think of this world Alchemy, everything became a mess, and you felt unable to understand it.

You vaguely understood that this world's alchemy relied on the "purpose" of things. To alter the purpose of an object, to break down an object into purposes... Ugh, what was it again?

You felt like you would understood better with practice. But for now, your knowledge was too confused.

Herbs Gathering:
Action Roll (Diff 10): [13]-2 (Confusion) -Success-
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

You started gathering plants that seemed magical. But upon closer look, all the plants around here seemed magical. Maybe you lucked out on that side, was it some sort of magical forest?

Wandering randomly in some direction, you hoped to find civilization.

Wandering:
Event Roll: [6]

The forest was silent and serene. After a while of exploring, you noticed the flicker of a light ahead. Approaching cautiously, you spotted what seemed like a campsite.

Spoiler: Breadweed Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:12:26 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2017, 04:10:55 am »

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (40000 characters)."

woops

Sleep time.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:13:51 am by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [15] - Turn 2
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2017, 04:57:08 am »

The ring is nearly vibrating with excitement. While the human most likely won't be able to hear him until he (or she) puts him on, Eximius has been wielderless for far too long to not attempt something that would make him more noticeable.

"Oi, kid! Over here! Come on, find me! Don't leave me here, man! I'm lonely!"

Pls notice me, kouhai.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:59:37 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 99