Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214852 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 16
« Reply #555 on: March 09, 2018, 12:30:27 am »

Turn in a few hours (3 to 6). I'm on a writing spree :D

Hypedy hype hype hype it!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 16
« Reply #556 on: March 09, 2018, 01:06:33 am »

((Hope this is in time for the turn.))

"It is alright. Maybe next time you won't give new arrivals such a hard time. If you would wish to spar later, when I have finished my travels, I would look forward to it."

If we have time, spar with the other warriors, attempting to develop my fighting style. Also try to spar against multiple opponents to develop techniques to deal with those situations. If we dont have time, go to the next place. The Library, I think?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 17
« Reply #557 on: March 09, 2018, 02:40:33 am »

Turn 17:

Turn 16

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Proceed anyways.

You initiate approach, slowly sneaking toward the isolated Makralian.

Sneak past a careful sentry:
Action Roll (16): [19]
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

Silently skittering on the humid soil, you manage to remain unseen despite the ever watchful sentry. And once you reach your target, you sting. The creature only felt a slight uncomfortable pain, and reflexively scratched the sting with annoyment.

Still asleep, the Makralian was afflicted by what felt like sleep paralysis. Unable to move, unable to wake up. It couldn't muster a cry of help toward its kin.

Nearby Monsters:
-Adult Makralian: Paralyzed
-Adult Makralians: Predator

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
Pull its legs into my mass and devour them.

Pull contest:
Combat Roll (Str 1 vs Str 1): [6] vs [8]-2 (Impaired Movement)
Critical Roll: [10] [Critical Hit]
Damage: [4]+2 (Digest)

You see the Leaping Mouth attempt to vomit a deadly cocktail of poison on you. But your pull is so suddenly that it falls and misses its attack, in addition lessening its resistance due to the shock. And so you completely engulf its legs, then its body. With its main defensive mechanism gone, the creature is unable to do anything.

Slowly, you digested it as it moved helplessly inside you.

+2 Essence

Nearby visible Monsters:
-Leaping Mouth: Gone

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)
Run into the dilapidated building, figure out what is inside, then try and get out the other side of the building.

[Bonus to next non-combat action +4]

You run straight toward the unknown and the smell of ash. The building ends up being larger than what you imagined, and the dark corridor eventually leads you to some sort of reception hall. Here, you discover what resides in the structure.

A group of Demons, feasting on the charred remains of unrecognizable creatures. Their ashen colored skin helps them meld into the dark hall, and the strong smell of blood and burnt flesh is filling your nose.

You immediately decide to make a run for it, not before having quickly glanced at them. First abnormal detail, they seem to be wearing crude clothes: a crude pagne and tunic set, made of some clear brown vegetal material. One sports crackling red vessels running along its skin, one is very bulky and muscular, overshadowing the others. You can't really remember much about the remaining demons.

Run for your life!:
Action Roll (12): [18]+4 [Bonus]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Overshoot-

You dash straight for the opposite corridor without a second thought. You run, ignoring the raging shouts behind you. The corridor arrives at a junction. You randomly heads left. You run, run, and run. There are rubbles everywhere, blocking off the way toward other rooms or corridors. There is no exit in sight.

You eventually arrive into a room with an upward spiralling staircase. With no other choice, you go for it. The stairs lead you to the broken half of a tower, the ground is quite far down. And with all the buildings and debros around, the chances of a successful landing are slim, granted you do manage to land without breaking something.

Nearby Monsters:
-A group of demons: Hostile!
> Ashen Balrath (Muscular One)
> Flaremarker of Malderuine (Crackled One)
> (?) Ashen Demons

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
((excuse me as I roll on the floor trying to suppress my excitement))

There's a moment of silence as Eximius recalls how to actually speak, instead of just communicating directly with his user. Soon after, a voice projects itself from the ring. Slightly distorted at first, but it steadily normalizes itself.

"Watching over my wielder is only natural, Veras. No need for thanks. And I do not mind conversation - ask and I will answer."

Eximius chuckles as he adds. "Perhaps I'll gain some answers as well."

((No! Don't run from the Armor! I miss it.))

Despite expecting an answer, the old mage cannot help but stare with his mouth agape. It took him a few seconds to recover his composure.
"I... I can hardly believe it. There is much I need to ask, ah, where to begin?... It is an honor, Sir Eximius."

He glanced back and forth between you and Prias. Veras could barely contain the hurry in his voice.
"I saw and studied many relics and magical artifacts during my life. Sir Eximius, I heard of something like you once.  But first, what is it you seek? What are you? How long do your memories trace back, and what do you... remember?"

(Priority action answer)

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
Ride Vel to what hopefully turns out to be safety! Be prepared to swing at anything which accosts us.

Vel exhaled once, and stammered the ground twice with his metallic hooves. Then the Dead Rider swiftly cantered in the opposite direction of the howl, with you riding on its back.

You noticed an abnormal change in the fog. It seemed to act like a predator attempting to circle its prey...

Outrun the Fog:
Action Roll (12): [7]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Partial Success-

The fog seemed to have become denser in a matter of seconds. It even felts like Vel was riding through a veil of dense water, noticeably slowing down. Counting on your guts, you slashed to the front, to the sides. Seeing you, Vel started doing the same.

Fight the Fog:
Action Roll (14): [17]
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

It was strange. You could almost tell like you managed to cut invisible tendrils, and the fog suddenly dissipated a bit. Vel's speed increased, and you both managed to escape the coming Armor...

(...)

Event Roll: [5]

Vel kept riding forward, telling it would be best to be sure you had outran the Armor. Is it you or you could faintly see the sun through the fog? Or was it just your imagination... No, the fog was indeed becoming lighter.

Suddenly shapes of buildings appeared ahead. Continuing further, you eventually reached a deserted village. It seemed to have been emptied recently, and there were some violent traces of battle there... what could possibly have happened?

The fog was very light there. As if it could barely enter the village at all. At the town's plaza, the pale orb that was the sun was the most visible through the dense fog.

"What is this place? I never came across a village before."

A broken sign is lying on the ground. It reads "Dor-"

Nearby Monsters:
-Vel, the Dead Rider: [Friendly/Ally]
-The Armor: [Hostile to all that live and unlive]
> In front, precise location unknown

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
The Protoquin

Well, when in doubt, dreamwalk

The Dandakara -this strange pantin of porcelain- didn't move a bit as you walked into its dreams...

Unsurprisingly, you enter a pure white hilly landscape, and land at the top of a hill. There, you can see several sparse "trees" made of a perfectly cylindrical trunk and piled up balls of porcelain. Several translucent beings of all shapes are hunting miniature versions of the Dandakara.

Event Roll: [1]

And suddenly, a breach whiter than the purest white tears the ivory skies open. A mass of white purity slowly emerges from it, and a wide, single eye opens. First gazing over the place, it then stopped on you, staring at something inside you. It stared for a few seconds, after which it resumed gazing directly underneath itself.

Then, long snake like limbs ending with a mouth grew from the mass, and descended onto the porcelain land. They started eating away at it.

Nearby Visible Dreams:
-mini Dandakaras: Sleeping
-Dandakara's Nightmares: Hostile
-The White Nightmare: ???

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
"I try to distract. Help you. Help all."Go to the furthest point of the ogre patrol route. Attempt to draw them away by devouring the mind of one of the guards. If I can draw them all away from the shaman, the others can try to rush in and take them down, regaining their strength. If I can bring down more than one, that would be even better.

With an idea in mind, you head for the furtest point in the patrol route. Two Ogre scouts are standing watch there, on the lookout for any intruder. Hidden away, you attempt to devour the mind of one of them.

Mind Eater:
Combat Roll (Int 1 vs Ind 0): [9] vs [5]+2 (Shamanic Ward)
Critical Roll: [1] -Normal Attack-

You initially sense an artificial ward protecting the mind of the Ogre, but that one alone is not enough to stave off your attack. As you devour the mind of the Ogre, its sanity deteriorates and it enters an agitated frenzy.

In a craze, it starts screaming and lashing at invisible demons. Its kin attempts to calm him down, to no avail. It then emits a strong guttural sound as a call. In the meantime, it tries to restrain its comrade, and no longer watches.

Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-

First, you sense several beings gathering around your location, drawn by the screams of the Ogre. You can feel the agitation rising, an urge begging to be released. Some don't even try to hide any longer, crawling with desire and anger toward the screams...

Shortly thereafter, a medium group of Ogres with several war tatoos and primitive decorations heed to the scout's call. They quickly stun the crazed Ogre with a good maul bash to the head, and take him away. The remaining Ogres smirk upon seeing the gathered beings, and let out a challenging cry.
"STOP HIDING WEAKLINGS!"

This is the tipping point for the beings hanging on their last scraps of self. They come rushing forth from the shadows, an uneven and chaotic wave of desperate beings.

A volley of boulders come crashing into the wave, and then the bloodthirsty Ogres rush toward their enemies, flailing their mauls and clubs around. The weakened beings, despite their numbers, are being obliterated by the Ogres.

The noise attracts more and more beings, and some bored Ogres too.

Nearby Visible Monsters:
-Group of Ogre Warrior-caste: [Hostile]
-Many Ones of Thought: [Neutral+] Desperate
-Many Ones of Flesh: [Neutral+] Desperate

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
"Greetings, Sedre. I have returned from my mission and have news from the Arachnastinians. The Arachnastinian kingdom has many enemies and some allies, but they are numerous and strong, with a third of the forest under their control. Their leader is wise and mighty, and they have agreed to accept us as their subjects and serve them in exchange of protection from any threats. They have the power to protect us, and their diplomat Kelechikara was very nice to talk with. I believe that joining their ranks would be the best for everyone."
Explain in detail everything I heard and discussed with the diplomat and the Overlord.

You explain in detail your audience with the Overlord, what you saw from their lands, and your opinion. The assembly listens without interrupting you, but as you progressed into your tellings, they displayed varied visible reactions at your words.

Convince the Assembly:
Action Roll (10): [3]+6 (Reputation +2 Kelechikara +2 Sound Words +2)
Outcome Roll: [4] -Failure-

The first to object is Kwerf, representative of most Beast species. He is some sort of huge wolf with an additional pair of strong limbs. Smashing its third paw on the ground, he says with anger:
"To become subjects of these insects? We would become slaves, and lose the freedom we fought for. I staunchly disagree, Neophytos. We can fight for ourselves just right, we don't need to be ruled by any other than ourselves."

Of the six representatives, two more support Kwerf. Jijjia -a purple owl with numerous eye patterns on its body-, the representative of most avian species, and Lelist -an old louse-, the representative of half of the insect species.

Khywa, the eldest Psychic Spider and representative of the other half of the insect species supports you. Cedre, the Sylvarian leader, supports you too.

The remaining representatives stands neutral. They are Flourishing Dabblebud -a mass of vines-, representative of all non-Sylvarian vegetal-based monsters, and Boor, a two-headed boar that represented the rest of the Beast species.

That was a problematic situation. Kelechikara nodded sadly, and turned toward you. You could tell he wished to clear away the doubts, but that if he were to talk now, his words would probably fall into deaf ears.

What will you do?

Nearby Monsters:
-Kelechikara, Arachnastinian Diplomat Allied
-Arachnastinian Soldiers Allied
-Sedre, Sylvarian leader
-Species representatives:
> Anti-Vassalization: Kwerf, Jijjia, Lelist
> Pro-Vassailization: Khywa, Sedre
> Neutral: Flourishing Dabblebud, Boor

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Interesting... The complex is not as ruined and much more complex than we anticipated. I presume it may rearrange itself into several configurations. It even gives some sort of 'living' vibe, perhaps meaning it can adapt to different intruders. Which does not look bright for us. We should take several samples for later study and move onwards. Lower levels are becoming more chaotic, but I'm sure we can reliably visit most interesting places of upper floors now."

Take several mining tools and armors that might be possible to equip for later studies. Head towards new discoveries.

"As for enjoying these dangerous discoveries... For me, it is as much a quest for power as pursuing strong and deadly opponents is for you. With my intellect, it is easier and more mindful to gain advantage over opponents long time before we do actual battle - and so I really enjoy becoming more knowledgable and thus more powerful. This quest for knowledge does not concern you as much - for now, at least - but remember that information, especially one exclusive to you, is and always will be a great power."

Spoiler: Just for fun (click to show/hide)

With so many hands, you couldn't take a lot of study material. As such, you simply picked a random cart, that you filled with strange tools, a few armor pieces and such. Astrosa's eyebrows were raised the whole time you happily filled your cart.

[Cart of ancient potentially harmful goodies acquired!]

"This is really taking a weird turn. This all feels more alien than anything I have experienced..."

With a clearer map in mind, you headed out of the hangar, onward to new potential discoveries. Your loaded cart made... quite an amount of clanking noise. Did you actually take it along with you?

You headed for a storage room on the same level. With Astrosa scouting the surroundings with her Eyes, you reached the place safely...

Event Roll: [1]

You enter the large room filled with massive containers of metal, neatly placed in rows. In the middle of the room, there is yet another of these strange platforms. Neither Astrosa nor you felt any presence nor danger, yet still carefully walk further into the room.

Suddenly, you both feel a surge of energy coming from the platform. Space above it start to warp, and in an instant a Ruins Guardian suddenly appears above the platform.

Floating aboveground, it is one of those pale metallic-blue humanoid you saw. Its lower body is some sort of "boat", and its upper body has a normal humanoid shape -two arms, torso and head-. Its single "eye", which is nothing more but a blue circle glowing brighter than the other engraved lines coursing along its body, stares at you both quickly.

It then spoke in an unknown tongue, which your mind understood as <Unauthorized Personel>.

Quick, before anything happens, will you attempt something?

Nearby Visible Beings:
-Taes Ruins Guardian: ???

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)
Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent

Lunge at the Giant Shrimp with as much ferocity as possible and start crunching on its vital organs. Continue doing this until it is dead. Show no mercy. Devour whatever remains.

Both monsters fought with the savagery of those who fought for their lives.

Ferocious Lunge:
Combat Roll (Str 2 vs Con 1): [5]-2 (Badly Wounded) vs [1]-2 (Badly Wounded)
Critical Roll: -Critical Hit-
Damage: [8]*1.5=[12]

With a furious scream, you lunged at the Shrimp. Something happened to it, as it's movements became erratic all of a sudden. With this large opening, you ripped its head off, and didn't stop here. Its limbs, its body, you tore everything apart, blind with rage.

+2 Essence

Scattered across the waters, there was barely anything left large enough for you to eat. But you didn't mind, as your thirst for vengeance had been sated.

Nearby Monsters:
-Giant Shrimp-like monster: Dead
Appearance: a shrimp like creature with marine blue shell.

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)

Gordy the Toothbaby (Paxiecrunchie)
I cannot believe that I missed a turn  :-[

I dart around the treetops searching for a location from which to land on the great beats neck, searching for any gap in its scales from which I might be able to pierce and control its body for my own. If I see anything I pounce which will likely take the behemoth by surprise as I am near certain that most monsters of such a size would not expect and attack from something the size of a flea compare to them, and yet fleas can be quite dangerous after all. If I can find no gap I shall retreat to a tree hallow and respond by saying "I come seeking your great power oh king of the forest, I previously aided the lord of the nearby river and he thought I was worth of seeing you, although he would not come himself.''

Find a gap:
Action Roll (18): [3]+4 (Surprise Attack)
Outcome Roll: [2] -Critical Failure-

You dart around, looking for a potential gap in the scales of the Naga. But with its ever changing patterns, it is hard to clearly see any weakness in the scales. Moreover, the moment you start darting around, the Naga suddenly vanishes on the spot.

You quickly attempt to retreat to a hollow tree-

Retreat:
Action Roll (12): [13]-4 (Critical Failure)
Outcome Roll: [3] -Failure-

-and the tree you were aiming for is smashed apart by an invisible tail. With all or nothing left, you nonetheless attempt to justify your strange behavior.

Justify Actions:
Action Roll (12): [16]-4 (Critical Failure)
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

The Naga laughed mockingly.
"Huhuhu... A Lord of the River you say? That is new to me, so there is now a lord in the river? As if. I know of your kin, parasite. I am amused to see you believed you could pierce my scales, or even overtake my body. Foolish, so foolish."

It reappared coiled around you, its head obscuring the sun. He then taunted you.
"Foolish, but amusing. Come on, try to make my power yours. Or will you show me something else?"

Nearby Monsters:
-The Unseen Naga: Hostile?

Spoiler: Gordy's Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy decided that they could not turn back; the morale damage the group would take to find out the location that they were heading to after having been recently evicted from the last was uninhabitable would be devastating.

Move as a group, and let's head on.

Push on, further northward.

Gathering together more closely, the slimes formed a tight group of moving goo. Led by Zed, you eventually reached the source of the buzzing: several nests carved inside large trees, with holes whose size ranged from that of a first to that of a cow.

The buzzing was everywhere, and streams of fist-sized insects poured out from the holes.

You could tell they were going to attack at any moment's notice.

(Priority action answer)

Nearby Monsters:
-A lot of friendly slimes: Low Morale
-Dekoorath Swarms: Low Morale

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
((Hope this is in time for the turn.))

"It is alright. Maybe next time you won't give new arrivals such a hard time. If you would wish to spar later, when I have finished my travels, I would look forward to it."

If we have time, spar with the other warriors, attempting to develop my fighting style. Also try to spar against multiple opponents to develop techniques to deal with those situations. If we dont have time, go to the next place. The Library, I think?

Flavor Roll: [2]

"It seems we are running short on time. It is already mid afternoon, we may not have time to visit the Library today then. Of course, we could visit the Library tomorrow too, what do you say?"

(Priority action answer)

Nearby Humans:
-Hinrab, Masen disciple: Friendly
-Yarek, Ashafan Warrior: An Ass
-Many Warriors: Friendly

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 09, 2018, 02:43:19 am »

That was a really fun turn to write. Especially as I had to rummage through my mind for past information :)

I'm having fun seeing Astrosa develop into a non-tech savvy person. Now I imagine that if she were to live in a modern world lookalike, she would be the kind of person unable to use a computer :p

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 09, 2018, 03:23:21 am »

That was a really fun turn to write. Especially as I had to rummage through my mind for past information :)

I'm having fun seeing Astrosa develop into a non-tech savvy person. Now I imagine that if she were to live in a modern world lookalike, she would be the kind of person unable to use a computer :p
Bruteforcing her way with the electrical system does not always work... Although I can imagine her snapping, upturning her computer deck in a rage or something  :D
And Ulkas, ever-tech specialist, massaging his temples at such temper

Heh. Also, I'll attempt to get authorization, of course :D
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 09, 2018, 03:41:41 am »

Curious... Perhaps I was wrong, and it is something besides the armor which keeps us here. Regardless, this village appears to have been deserted. What say you, Vel?
 Does this warrant an investigation?

Dismount Vel. I doubt he'd appreciate a four-legged skeleton riding on his back much longer.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 09, 2018, 04:48:31 am »

"We can go tomorrow. I think I will be able to learn more here today."

Sparring. And maybe see if Brown wants to join so we can develop combination attacks.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 09, 2018, 06:32:55 am »

"I'll answer these in order. My main objective is to support and drive my user to achieve what he wants to truly accomplish the most, deep down within him or her. As far as I know, I'm simply a magical weapon. As for my memories..." He pauses. "I have memories ranging to a few millennia ago... but they are spotty to say the least. Can't remember when or where I was created. I can recall some events, places. Hah, I have trouble remembering some of the adventures I had with my previous wielder... and that was not even a thousand years ago." Eximius falls silent for a moment.

He chuckles once again, this time with a bitter undertone. "Kind of disappointing, isn't it? You meet a relic of ancient times and it can barely remember anything of back then."

Memory loss sucks, yo.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 09, 2018, 06:43:42 am »

spread my mental assault to damage as many of the ogre minds as possible. Try to act as a beacon to the beings of thought and get them to organise and draw strength from me. Hopefully, the beings of flesh will detect this too, and rally to us as well.
"not yet! Wait for sha-man!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 09, 2018, 07:31:43 am »

Look and see if I can locate whatever it was that had been making noise earlier.

EDIT: Also look and see if I can identify an alternative way down.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:23:22 pm by Rautherdir »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 09, 2018, 07:59:53 am »

Let Kelechikara talk with those who stayed neutral while Nephytos speaks directly in the minds of those who opposed.
I don't think you understand our current situation. Either that, or you weren't really paying attention.

We can't refuse. A wish of freedom is a wish of death. Not only for us, but anyone in their path. They are strong, numerous and have better equipment. They could havs easly destroyed us and made us their slaves a long time ago. They said that if anyone were to refuse their wishes of peace, they would destroy them. Don't you see? We are already their prisoners, we want it or not. We are surrounded by hostiles from all sides. Mighty beasts and huge factions fight for control in these woods. Wouldn't it be better to be under protection of one of these? At least, until we have the strenght to fight by ourselves. The kingdom only wants us to serve them as subjects. If you don't accept their offer, we will be either dead or live as their slaves.

Freedom has always been an illusion, after all.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 09, 2018, 08:51:15 am »

Take control of the paralyzed Makralian.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 09, 2018, 10:22:23 am »

Quickly, huddle together!

Squelchy orders the slimes to group up into one clump, so that all slimes are at least touching the membrane of another slime. He then attempts to use Glimmering Hope and transfer the light energy to the slimes, allowing them to fare better in the combat that will soon initiate.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 09, 2018, 01:36:24 pm »

Turn 17.1:

Turn 17

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
"We can go tomorrow. I think I will be able to learn more here today."

Sparring. And maybe see if Brown wants to join so we can develop combination attacks.

Now time was no longer an issue, you happily decided to spar a bit more to sate your thirst for martial knowledge. Naturally, Brown was more than eager to take part in such sessions. He was a bit shy, unlike you, which gave him the appearance of a gentle giant.

Flavor Roll: [1]

Finding sparring partners was not an issue at all. Many fighters were as eager as you were to test their mettle against you. The first few sparring matches went pretty well, and lasted longer. With a better understanding of your abilities, your opponents were better prepared and adapted their styles as such.

You fought against various weapon wielders, from swords, to axes, to flail and chains. You often found yourself caught offguard by surprising moves, and were especially overwhelmed when sparring against multiple opponents.

These men ability to fight together turned them into fearsome foes, as they instinctively seemed to know how to make their various strengths work together. Taking their example, you started devising something with Brown.

[Martial Art knowledge increased]
[Combination attack development in progress]
-3HP

Suddenly, you realized that your clothes had suffered some damage. While that was to be expected in such a place, you had forgotten about it. Then a gray gooey substance dripped from your "wounds". The perceptive fighters noticed your "blood". One of them, named Arsheg, inquired about your strange blood.

"Hey, what's this... with your blood?"

Nearby Humans:
-Hinrab, Masen disciple: Friendly
-Yarek, Ashafan Warrior: An Ass
-Many Warriors: Friendly

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"I'll answer these in order. My main objective is to support and drive my user to achieve what he wants to truly accomplish the most, deep down within him or her. As far as I know, I'm simply a magical weapon. As for my memories..." He pauses. "I have memories ranging to a few millennia ago... but they are spotty to say the least. Can't remember when or where I was created. I can recall some events, places. Hah, I have trouble remembering some of the adventures I had with my previous wielder... and that was not even a thousand years ago." Eximius falls silent for a moment.

He chuckles once again, this time with a bitter undertone. "Kind of disappointing, isn't it? You meet a relic of ancient times and it can barely remember anything of back then."

Memory loss sucks, yo.

"I see. I appreciate your honesty in the matter. Oh, and we may want to sit down a bit."

Veras led Prias to a table in the small kitchen-dining room. Sitting in front of you and your wielder, he replied to your answer:
"The world of magic is vast, and I may be wrong. But from what you said, and what I know, there is a high possibility I know what you are. First, there is something I must reveal before. Prias, I will ask that you keep this a secret. This is about my past, which I never really told anyone about. I am not yet ready to have it revealed to everyone."

"I understand. My secret isn't that much different, in that matter." said Prias with a chuckle.

The mage breathed deeply, reorganizing his thoughts. And finally he revealed his secret.
"I am, or rather was, an Archeomancist of Emsiphion, one of the sorcerous kingdoms beyond the western mountain range. I... came here in Nepkeros with many others, in an expedition to determine the cause of the country's destruction."

"That was a long time ago."

His eyes were closed, and his thoughts probably lost in his memories of these times.
"We have given many names to what you are. A True Golem, an Ancient Helper, or simply put, a sentient tool of the Ancients. If you are indeed a millenia old, there is no way you were created by any known human magic. You are the first one I have been given the chance to meet, or even hear of. Even back in Emsiphion, I never heard of a single known entity such as you."

"Or you could also be a soul trapped inside this ring by ancient magic. Which given the infinite possibilities of magic, may as well be possible too... But speaking as an Archeomancist, I do believe you are not in this case."

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Quickly, huddle together!

Squelchy orders the slimes to group up into one clump, so that all slimes are at least touching the membrane of another slime. He then attempts to use Glimmering Hope and transfer the light energy to the slimes, allowing them to fare better in the combat that will soon initiate.

Turtle Formation!:
Action Roll (6): [8]
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

Following your order, the slimes gathered closer, forming a compact blob of composite slimes. Using your Glimmering Hope, you transferred the light energy to other slimes. They were many, so the power was spread and as such reduced in effectiveness.

Glimmering Hope
-1MP

Responding to your group movement, the swarm of insects dove toward your group.

Slime clashed with chitin in a confusing melee.

Battle!:
Opposition Roll (d20):
Slimes: [1]+2 (Glimmering Hope 2, Turtle 2)
vs
Swarm: [2]+2 (Vast Numbers 2)
[Slimes critical failure]

During the first clash, the wall remained cohesive. As the second started, you started feeling a weakening in the bond... fear was overtaking the slimes. And partway during the second clash, the formation fell apart as some slimes panickedly detached themselves from the group.

The poor slimes that did so were ruthlessly picked off by the swarm, and as more slimes fell, more slimes panicked.

The few pheromones telling the slimes to calm down and remain together were drowned in the pheromones of terror and panic. The situation's outlook was bad.

Nearby Monsters:
-A lot of panicking slimes: Panicking!
-Dekoorath Swarms: Hostile

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 09, 2018, 01:48:22 pm »

Squelchy quickly uses Flash to simultaneously blind the swarm of enemies and to re-invigorate the Glimmering Hope in the other slimes. He then pounces into the fray, attempting to suffocate any insects he can by bringing them inside of his body.

If we break here, we may as well all have never existed! Do you want your existence to suffer such cessation?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 99