Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214831 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 22
« Reply #675 on: May 12, 2018, 08:08:50 am »

Squelchy quickly released "retreat" pheromones into the air and then booked it, heading the same direction the dragon had come from- its journey through the forest/jungle had probably scared off every living thing along the path.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 12, 2018, 08:34:58 am »

"Going well so far, kid. But remain cautious."

Keep Blink on and hope Prias finishes the Warknight off without any damage.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 12, 2018, 08:40:47 am »

the spell is linked to the shaman, finish them off before this mana vortex can reach the others!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 12, 2018, 09:04:19 am »

Seeing as the trees are too damaged to continue, Neophytos decides to inflict a Frenzy on the large wasp and have it finish off the remaining wasps that are still alive.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 21
« Reply #679 on: May 12, 2018, 10:33:32 am »

((Is glyph magic always going to be a full body thing? That might make it hard to use while fighting. Oh, or can I do it with small parts too and shoot glyph bullets at someone?))
((Edit: It's an action now))

"It feels really good. But I think I'm less cohesive. I have more energy now! And I think I could feel the magic flowing through me. I think I have an idea! If the glyph provides the intent and shape for the spell, maybe I can provide my own intent without the glyph if I channel it through me."

Time to test new stuff. Recreate that feeling as the magic flowed through me. Shape the spell as it passes through me and direct it to make a small ball of light at the tip of my finger. Make sure to point my finger away from everyone, just to be safe. Hopefully it'll be easier since I have the Light element in my body.
Missed me
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 12, 2018, 10:34:29 am »

The Protoquin

hahahaha yes, yeees! FEAR ME FOR I AM FEAR.

Start beating on the pheonix

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 12, 2018, 11:49:05 am »

Ambush successful!  Spring to my feet and begin slashing at the undead abomination with the bone broadsword! Keep it sandwiched between Vel and myself as much as possible, attacking it from both sides!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 12, 2018, 01:44:32 pm »

Go'Von
Retreat. Find a sleeping monster to strangle.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:00:24 pm by Puppyguard »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 21
« Reply #683 on: May 12, 2018, 02:49:06 pm »

Woopsie, sorry for that! Will get you a faster action as an apology :)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
((Is glyph magic always going to be a full body thing? That might make it hard to use while fighting. Oh, or can I do it with small parts too and shoot glyph bullets at someone?))
((Edit: It's an action now))

"It feels really good. But I think I'm less cohesive. I have more energy now! And I think I could feel the magic flowing through me. I think I have an idea! If the glyph provides the intent and shape for the spell, maybe I can provide my own intent without the glyph if I channel it through me."

Time to test new stuff. Recreate that feeling as the magic flowed through me. Shape the spell as it passes through me and direct it to make a small ball of light at the tip of my finger. Make sure to point my finger away from everyone, just to be safe. Hopefully it'll be easier since I have the Light element in my body.

"A cohesion loss? That seems similar to glyph worn. Mmh, that's interesting. So you went with a Glyph relieving exhaustion, a success!"

While Hinrab monitored you with renewed curiosity, you kept practicing your new magic senses. Remembering your days of meditation, you focused on the feeling of flowing magic.

Mana Focus -Flow-:
Action Roll (4): [2]
Outcome Roll: [3] -Failure-

Unlike what you were used to, your inner flow was in an agitated state. Was it because of using magic for the first time? You took note of this sensation, and delving further into it made you realize an annoying fact. Your internal magic coherence made it hard to activate a glyph formed by part of your body. The bigger flow disrupted the smaller flow.

Glyph-Body Magic -Light-:
Action Roll (8 ): [4]-1 (Uneven Flow -1)

Glyph-Body Magic -Light-: -2MP
Action Roll (8 ): [8]-1 (Second Attempt +1 Uneven Flow -1)
Outcome Roll: [3] -Critical Success-

It took you two attempts to get it right, but once you succeeded a trigger activated within you. From the tip of your glyph shaped hand, a bright ball of light appeared. Hinrab praised you with a thumb up, and you yourself could feel you made a step forward: your Dispersed Consciousness seemed to allow you to easily manage different flows. It was that simple.

Nearby Humans:
-Hinrab, Masen disciple: Friendly

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 23
« Reply #684 on: May 15, 2018, 05:22:48 am »

Turn 23:

Turn 22

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
((Funny, I was planning to try and get all the Makralian packs to unite. This makes things way easier for me.))

"Interesting", Skee thought. "If all the Makralians were to gather, they'd probably start attacking bigger preys. Maybe I could use this to acquire a powerful host..."

Make your host say in monstrous tongue that he supports the idea, but that he thinks it is doomed to fail unless we have a strong and undisputed leader to rule the alliance. Add that the leader should be decided with a tournament among Makralians, this way he can't be contested. All Makralians who are interested should be allowed to participate.

A Bold Suggestion:
Action Roll (12): [19]
Outcome Roll: [4] -Epic Success-

The two leaders perk up upon hearing your suggestion. Even the eyes of the other Makralians are flaring up from the excitement.
"Hey, he can't talk the dialect, but what comes out of his mouth is pretty good! I like that idea! Shnapa it was?"

They unconsciously started talking the dialect again, but soon returned to speaking the tongue upon realizing you couldn't understand them.
"Oh sorry. Still, that's pretty inconvenient. I don't like that anyone could overhear us."

More mundane talking took place, until the other pack left as they had to meet a few more packs. They gave you the location and date of the scheduled reunion. In two days in the territory of the Harpa pack, the largest known Makralian pack.

Was there anything you said or asked before they left?

Either way, you were then allowed to rest to heal your wounds. You had fought well, and earned everyone's sustenance today.

Flavor Roll: [5]
HP fully recovered
Wounds fully healed

Ksharpa announced this night that the pack would join the reunion, and start moving starting tomorrow's dawn.

Nearby Monsters:
-2 Adult Makralians: "Kin"
> Side: -6HP
-Ksharpa, Makralian Pack Leader
-Sherpo, Makralian Pack Leader
-a dozen of Adult Makralians

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Interesting... Understandable about Ichor, though I can't say I wasn't hoping to get our hands on some at least, as it would help greatly. The incompleteness of our Essence might be partly due to a regression that occurred, but rules of the world itself must have changed with the disappearance of Veins. Currently, the world is full of strife and Essence is transferred by methods of cruelty rather than refinement. As such, it would be most appreciated if you can educate us about using the artifacts provided - such technology would take me a very long time to understand without your help, and time is of the essence. I'm capable of showing my companion what is needed, but first I must attain an understanding myself. And many thanks for the discussion - something tells me that after centuries, information of the past once again becomes the most important matter."

See what Xatares can offer us (a list of Ancient Artifacts of Immense Power?). Relate my findings to Astrosa.

"The gratitude is reciprocal. Having slept through many eras, and waking up in a different world left us lost and purposeless. Your information was very valuable, once again... thank you. Naturally, we have no qualm handing you over some of our equipment as a way of showing us our thanks."

An tridimensional projection of various tools, clothes and armors appeared before you. Texts and texts written in ancient script floated to the side of the items, which consciously avoided focusing too much on. Suffice to say Astrosa was pretty spooked, and had to be reassured once more. Though once you explained to her you were actually rewarded, she calmed down, instead looking at you with a baffled expression. A delicious mix of amazement and shock.

"Wait... don't tell me that's it? They just hand us these artifacts and let us walk away? That's a bit... vexing. I could have understood if we had beaten them to a pulp or impressed them with our strength. I... Ah, I just give up."

You got the feeling she wanted to show off, though maybe she wasn't aware of that herself. Or maybe it was her warrior blood, disappointed of being denied a fight against powerful beings, even if that fight would probably end in a fatal loss.

"Fortunately, you are humanoids of the demonic people. Here is a selection tailored for demons, feel free to inquire about anything. Once you will have made your choice, I will lift their security restrictions."

Then the Xatares Unit added:
"I have a special offer, though. I would be willing to grant you a special piece of equipment, an Assistant. In exchange, all you will need to do is become our eyes and ears, remaining in contact with us through your travels in the new world."

A Sentinel teleported in the room, carrying a metallic bluish ring.

Nearby Visible Beings:
-Xatares Sentinel: Non-Hostile
-Xatares Core Unit: Non-Hostile

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy quickly released "retreat" pheromones into the air and then booked it, heading the same direction the dragon had come from- its journey through the forest/jungle had probably scared off every living thing along the path.

Taking advantage of the situation, you called for a retreat. To everyone's surprise, you urged the slimes to retreat toward the new threat.

All units, Retreat! (Group Action):
Action Roll (14): [3]

The Miasma Dragon, who had been silently analyzing the surroundings suddenly let out the most horrible, vicious roar you ever heard. It was full of agony and rage, like the dying roar of a great beast. And as every fiber of your being couldn't help but freeze out of fear, you felt in this roar the satisfied laugh of a hunter having trapped its prey.

The dragon darted with phenomenal agility toward the nearbiest group of Elemanoptera. With its jaw it crushed one, and with its ooze tendrils it caught the four others who immediately started melting. The very next second, chaos overtook the insects and even the glimmering hope infused slimes, as everyone attempted to run for their lives.

Flavor Roll: [6]

Thanks to your Glimmering Hope, the slimes found the slight bit of courage to start running away a few seconds before the Elemanoptera. A moment later and many more would have surely died, as the Dragon rampaged and killed everything in sight. Many died attempting to escape, mercilessly devoured by the Dragon.

But the brunt of the group managed to flee with their lives, though everyone ran in different directions. Scattered for the first time since a while, what would happen to the slimes?

You had headed for the direction the Miasma Dragon came from. As expected, the jungle was dead silent as all living beings fled its wake. Though surprisingly, the plants were intact, as if they had been willingly spared. Only a small handful of slimes had fled with you. You could only hope the others were fine.

Nearby Monsters:
-a few slimes

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"Going well so far, kid. But remain cautious."

Keep Blink on and hope Prias finishes the Warknight off without any damage.

Using Blink in quick outbursts, you saved energy while allowing Prias to fight the Warknight one on one.
-2MP

Stab:
Combat Roll (Str 1 vs Con 1): [9]+3 (Ancient Combat +2 Blink +1) vs [3]+2 (Defensive Posture +2)
Critical Roll: [5]+1 -Normal Hit-
Damage Roll: [4]*1=[4]

Prias rushed toward the Warknight, who had lifted its shield up. Using Blink, Prias lept to the right once, and then a second time still under Blink using the wall. The Warknight attempted a shield bash, but its target was too fast and nimble. It was like trying to hit a gust of wind. Still midair, Prias struck at the archer head, landing a clean hit.

The Warknight's energy was starting to wane, you could feel it.

Stab:
Combat Roll (Str 1 vs Con 1): [12]+3 (Ancient Combat +2 Blink +1) vs [10]+2 (Defensive Posture +2)
Critical Roll: [10]+1 -Critical Hit-
Damage Roll: [6]
-2MP (Blink)

The Undead was slashing wildly at Prias, even trying to fire point blank arrows. Prias kept turning around the raging Warknight, dodging all attacks and looking out for an occasion. With every brutal turn, the Warknight's cracked midsection weakened a little bit. And then the perfect moment happened. Out of arrows and its guard wide open after missing a wide lateral slash, the Warknight had opened the way to its weak point. With a Blink and a thrust using all his strength, Prias struck at the vertebral spot, shattering it.

The colossal undead warrior broke into two, and its unlife energy started to leak out rapidly. It kept fighting until it stopped moving, dragging itself without caring about its missing lower body. The fight was already won at that point.

Panting and sweating profusely, Prias stood victorious before the remains of the Warknight. Having realized its unlikely feat, the young man was now too shocked to rejoice. A thought unfroze him. Veras. He started immediately rushing to his friend's aid, as the Warknight's Essence started leaking.

5 Lesser Essence unclaimed

Flavor Roll: [3]
"Veras!"
"Shh! I'm not deaf! Don't shout if you don't want a second to come!"

Veras was not in mortal danger, but not in prime shape either. He managed to take the arrow out and use an alchemical mixture to heal the wound, but the damage done hadn't been reversed. At least, he wouldn't bleed out now.

"I'm fine, but what about you Prias? You just managed to beat a Warknight singlehandedly! These monsters could kill dozens of soldiers before going down! The way your body moved, the moves you used... it was unlike anything a young villager should be able to do!"
"Well, it was all thanks to Eximius. After all he-"

You laughed, and interjected. You simply gave him a small nudge in the right direction, but the rest was all his doing. It's not like you had possessed his body during the fight. Actually, you were very surprised, as you didn't have to use the Limiter Removal.
"Prias. That thing you fought was not your run of the mill mountain monster. It was a Warknight, a killing machine created for war. You may not realize it, but you were fighting like a seasoned veteran. I don't know what happened to you during the past few days, but even with Eximius teachings, there is no ignoring your imagination defying growth. Don't you agree Eximius?"
"I..."

Prias couldn't find anything to say back. He knew Veras to be right, and it seems he had been ignoring the matter. He must have been aware of it since the fight with the Gargarm.

You had been thinking about Prias potential since you met him, and this fight had only confirmed your thoughts. The boy was unlike any other, it wasn't a coincidence he was the one who found you. His battle prowess was beyond being merely talented, there had to be something else.

[Prias' Potential is actually really a thing now]

Nearby Monsters:
-1 Dead Warknight: Dead-dead
> -16HP
> Wielding: Sword and Shield / Bow
> Armored

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
the spell is linked to the shaman, finish them off before this mana vortex can reach the others!

Mind Eater:
Combat Roll (Pow 1 vs Res 1): [7]-4 (Exhausted) vs [3]-6 (Unconscious)
Outcome Roll: [4] -Epic Success-

Using your last ounce of power and consciousness, you devoured the remaining mind of the Shaman, whose main part had already been ripped apart by the spell. A side-effect no one could have expected. Suddenly, the vortex collapsed on itself, and you could feel the pull stopping.

Exhaustion:
Action Roll (14): [10]
Outcome Roll: [1] -Epic Failure-

Unable to maintain consciousness, you collapsed from exhaustion...

5 Lesser Essence claimed from the Shaman thanks to the mind link!

Flavor Roll (Ogre vs Beings): [6]
Flavor Roll (The Stolen Power): [3]

When you came up to your senses, the Ogres had been routed at the price of many lives. But the beings whose powers had been drained now stood victorious on the corpses of the fallen. Though nothing was draining them anymore, they still had lost power which they were unable to retrieve.

The Beings were gathered around what was the Shaman's base, and a handful had changed from absorbing the Ogres essence.

Nearby and not-so-Nearby Monsters:
-Envious Grasper: Independent
-Less Ones of Thought (Stage 0): [Neutral+]
-Ones of Flesh (Stage 0): [Neutral+]

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
Seeing as the trees are too damaged to continue, Neophytos decides to inflict a Frenzy on the large wasp and have it finish off the remaining wasps that are still alive.

Frenzy:
Combat Roll (Int 1 vs Ind -1): [7] vs [7]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-
You are slightly tired

The Elemanoptera suddenly lost its glint of intelligence, a mad fire replacing it instead. With brutal speed, it crushed and devoured its nearby allies -alive or dead-. Gorging itself on their bodies, it assimilated more and more of their power, until something terrible occured.

The Large Elemanopteran Soldier is transforming

Nearby Monsters:
Allies:
-Sedre, Sylvarian leader (-2)
-2 Sylvarian Warriors (-2)
> Raising a ward around the Lifetree

-3 Sylvarian Warriors (-2)
> One: Critically Wounded
> Fighting on the frontline

-Species representative Jijjia (Owl) (-2) Casting an Illusion Spell
-Species representative Boor (Boar) (-2?)

Enemies:
-11 Elemanopteran Soldiers
> 5 Dead
> 6 Alive (-6) Infested Grounded
-Large Elemanopteran Soldier (-7)
> Elemental infusion [Fire/Thunder]

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
The Protoquin

hahahaha yes, yeees! FEAR ME FOR I AM FEAR.

Start beating on the pheonix

Lick-Slap:
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con 0): [1]+1 (Terror Power +1) vs [9]-2 (Grounded) [Attacker Critically Failed]
Damage Roll: [3]

White flames engulfed for a moment the phoenix, burning you as you moved in to beat it down! The nightmare then proceeded to attack you before you could recover.

Phoenix Nightmare (Fireball):
Combat Roll (Pow 1 vs Res 0): [1] vs [4] [Attacker Critically Failed]
Damage Roll: [5]

The moment the phoenix opened its beak to breath a fireball at you, you tongue slapped it in the beak, causing its attack to detonate in its face. Now stunned, the nightmare was open for another attack.

Lick-Slap:
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con 0): [1] vs [10] [Attacker Critically Failed?!]
Damage Roll: [3]

For some odd reason, the very same scene occured. This literal burning feeling of deja-vu. Nothing made sense anymore, even the dreamscape couldn't keep up anymore with the situation.

Flavor Roll: [6]
The phoenix dissolved into a myriad of pearls, which probably meant a victory for you. Not only the phoenix, but the whole dreamscape started dissolving. Its dreamer was starting to wake up.

Curiously, only the White Nightmare was unaffected by this waking up, but you couldn't delve more into it as you were ejected from the dream.

Earned enough Lesser Essence to have 1

You were suddenly back in the real world, facing the waking Dandakara. The damage you had sustained in the dream were still present, but it seems the dreamer had been affected too.

Nearby Monster:
-Dandakara: Wounded?

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
Ambush successful!  Spring to my feet and begin slashing at the undead abomination with the bone broadsword! Keep it sandwiched between Vel and myself as much as possible, attacking it from both sides!

Bone Sandwich:
Combat Roll (Str 1 vs Con 2 (-1)): [10]+4 (Pincer Attack +2 Bone Broadsword +2) vs [9]-2 (Rage Mode -2)
Critical Roll: [2]
Damage: [5]*1+1=6

Vel -Broadsword-:
Combat Roll (Str 1 vs Con 2 (-1)): [6]+4 (Pincer Attack +2 Rusted Arming Sword +2) vs [1]-2 (Rage Mode -2) [Defenser Critical Failure]
Critical Roll: Critical Hit
Damage: [6]+1=7

Before the Abomination could react, both your blades were digging deep into its horrible flesh. It was now hot and soft, cutting through it felt like cutting through a thick slab of warm butter. The putrid liquid evaporated instead of gushing out, making you worry about the actual current strength of that thing.

Abomination (Don't-get-hit-Sweep):
Combat Roll (Str 2 (+1) vs Con 1): [6]+4 (Rage Mode +2) vs [11, 3] [Vel is in for a bad moment]
Critical Roll: [8]+2 (Critical Hit)
Damage: [10]*2=20

Saving Roll: [4]

You have no idea why, but your body reflexively lept backward. You looked at Vel. He was there. And then he wasn't. The Abomination had swept its massive arm in a wide circle with such force you could feel its wake pulling you slightly. Vel had taken the full brunt of the shock, and from that really unconfortable to hear noise, he was not in a good shape.

There was no time to think about him though, the Abomination was now turning toward you. Undead felt no fatigue, but you could tell it was going to collapse soon.

Nearby Monsters:
-Vel, the Dead Rider: [Friendly/Ally]
-Undead Abomination: [Hostile] [Enraged State (Reduced Defences)]
> -18

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
Retreat. Find a sleeping monster to strangle.

Unwilling to risk your life over the very small possibility one of these monsters would fall, you retreated to find an unaware monster to kill.

Find a hapless target:
Action Roll (11): [14]
Outcome: [6]

After quite a search, you managed to find a sleeping monster in a curious location. A field of tall yellow mossy grass where one could easily hide. The creature was an albino humanoid frog with elongated arms. Its eyes were wide open, but you were sure it was sleeping.

Nearby Monsters:
-[Name Pending] Albino Humanoid Frog: Sleeping

-Many!
-A lot of critters
-Some very dangerous ones

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:29:59 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 15, 2018, 05:24:32 am »

((Bloody turn! With Prias extreme efficacity to the Protoquin's catastrophic battle for both sides, to Vel's utter one-hit KO...
Also, I broke my laptop's screen...))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 15, 2018, 06:27:07 am »

Squelchy continues to move away from the Miasma Dragon's feast, leaving a pheromone trail along the ground to guide any lost slimes that found it back to the group. Squelchy assumed that the slimes would at least know where to start looking, as they had all heard his orders of where they would go.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 15, 2018, 07:34:20 am »

Well that certainly happened... question, how big is the Dandakara?

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 15, 2018, 08:14:18 am »

((Shouldn't my essence be at 1/2 rather than 0/2 ?))

Try to sneak away from the rest of the group while they're sleeping to hunt for an easy prey without wandering too far from the Makralian territory. If you can't, just have your host train during half of the night before going back to sleep.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 15, 2018, 08:29:29 am »

((Shouldn't my essence be at 1/2 rather than 0/2 ?))

((Yep! Somehow missed it, even though I thought I wrote it. Fixed!))
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 99