Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 215761 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 29
« Reply #825 on: June 01, 2018, 02:41:48 pm »

tricmagic and devastator in. :)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 01, 2018, 02:44:33 pm »

Also, don't forget to change the thread title to Turn 30!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 01, 2018, 04:15:39 pm »

((Aww, I fell asleep writing my action last night before the turn. Unrelated, hey Nakeen, any chance you could tell me what Brown's skills and traits do? Seems like Gray would know after spending so much time together.))

Sounds like it's time to leave. Reabsorb my pieces. If Hinrab is going on a journey again, see if we can go with him. If not, head out on our own for that magically advanced city. Don't rush there though, take time to explore the desert. Especially any places similar to those in the tales I read of humans and monsters. Also, try to absorb essence on my travels. And if getting out of the city undetected is an issue, we were blobs once. We'll just eat our way underground and burrow away from the city before we reemerge. And I'll use a 1HP blob to emerge first and check if it's safe, if necessary.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 01, 2018, 06:26:38 pm »

((Aww, I fell asleep writing my action last night before the turn. Unrelated, hey Nakeen, any chance you could tell me what Brown's skills and traits do? Seems like Gray would know after spending so much time together.))

Sounds like it's time to leave. Reabsorb my pieces. If Hinrab is going on a journey again, see if we can go with him. If not, head out on our own for that magically advanced city. Don't rush there though, take time to explore the desert. Especially any places similar to those in the tales I read of humans and monsters. Also, try to absorb essence on my travels. And if getting out of the city undetected is an issue, we were blobs once. We'll just eat our way underground and burrow away from the city before we reemerge. And I'll use a 1HP blob to emerge first and check if it's safe, if necessary.
((Ah yes, that's something I should have done long ago. Here is Brown's updated sheet!))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 30
« Reply #829 on: June 01, 2018, 08:49:37 pm »

Well, now we've got two badly wounded fighters. However, one of them only has one adversary...
Retreat, drawing my three rippers away but doing everything I can to avoid getting hit by their claws. As I take off, call back to my companions.

"Help Vel! I will return!"
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 01, 2018, 09:45:28 pm »

(Nakeen can i come in or too many people?)
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 22
« Reply #831 on: June 02, 2018, 06:57:55 pm »

"Well, Astrosa, I understand your unease, but, unfortunately, their supply of Crystallized Essence seems to have run dry. So no snacks for now. Heh. Wait for a bit longer."

Turning back to Xatares, Ulkas explained:

"She is dejected, not being able to understand our conversation and being out of her field of expertise - research does not sit perfectly well with her... Anyway, I wanted to share one thing with you, related to Ichor and Blood of the God you were talking about. I was shown a glimpse by an otherworldly presence and will try to show you:"

—Beyond the above. In between the hidden. Eye over all, infinity of the possible.
The lifeless god drifts. Enclosed in a cocoon of blood.
Yet the voracious ones feast and drink the Ichor, forbidden nectar.
From the dripping scars, give and take it all.
Feast on the carcass of the divine fallen.
Hide from the cruel light.
Merciless Suns lurk outside the abode—

"The rest was expunged by my consciousness, though."

See if Xatares can offer some insight. Then inquire about Ichor reserves or artifacts that installation might spare. Also, what our "incomplete, broken Essence" might entail.

I am now at this part.. I get the feeling my Stage 5 form reaching the required essence for 6 will be interesting,

[I am Alone…]
My stage 5 trait. Should be interesting...

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 22
« Reply #832 on: June 03, 2018, 12:44:38 am »

"Well, Astrosa, I understand your unease, but, unfortunately, their supply of Crystallized Essence seems to have run dry. So no snacks for now. Heh. Wait for a bit longer."

Turning back to Xatares, Ulkas explained:

"She is dejected, not being able to understand our conversation and being out of her field of expertise - research does not sit perfectly well with her... Anyway, I wanted to share one thing with you, related to Ichor and Blood of the God you were talking about. I was shown a glimpse by an otherworldly presence and will try to show you:"

—Beyond the above. In between the hidden. Eye over all, infinity of the possible.
The lifeless god drifts. Enclosed in a cocoon of blood.
Yet the voracious ones feast and drink the Ichor, forbidden nectar.
From the dripping scars, give and take it all.
Feast on the carcass of the divine fallen.
Hide from the cruel light.
Merciless Suns lurk outside the abode—

"The rest was expunged by my consciousness, though."

See if Xatares can offer some insight. Then inquire about Ichor reserves or artifacts that installation might spare. Also, what our "incomplete, broken Essence" might entail.

I am now at this part.. I get the feeling my Stage 5 form reaching the required essence for 6 will be interesting,

[I am Alone…]
My stage 5 trait. Should be interesting...
Some monsters die even before reaching stage 2; in previous game, 3 out of 8 monsters to reach stage 3 died; only Ulkas reached stage 5 - and that is thanks to Astrosa... Don't bet on reaching it with that monster.

Also, taking -1 CON at the start is one of the ways to raise chances of early death - most initial enemies are physical. Magic is uncommon and Mind - rare.

If you survive, though, you'll need companions/minions/escape options/means to control weak enemies - or better yet, all four.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 03, 2018, 09:23:40 am »

True, the odds are stacked against me, but I can kill any creature that will give me 2 essence, guaranteed. I'ts just that my stage 0 creature, that is literally an all-or-nothing attack. I need to evolve to survive from turning into mist.

If you read my Spirit trait, my character is not a physical attacker. So I should be able to kill a stage 1 monster without dying, since my IND will be fighting theirs for my damages, while my INT deals with them in that form.

Not like you can damage mist any other way if it's in you, trying to turn you to [ICE].

I have officially read everything.

That, and I will at least have a healing skill at stage 2.

K..
How does one damage something in their lungs anyway?

Also, if I read the transformtion/evolve form right... Do upgrading old skills count against new skills you can gain?

For example, Ice Ward being upgraded to Ice Proof? Or Antarctic Wind moving up to the next tier?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:33:23 pm by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 03, 2018, 02:55:28 pm »

A stern warning! I am not one to believe abilities turning your body into less tangible forms make one immune to physical damage. It will likely make hitting you more difficult, but it will also very likely make physical attacks much more damaging.

For example, a ghost being punched in the head will take as much damage as a man getting their head crushed (damage equating to 'lifeforce' -HP- loss. Of course the human will die as unlike the ghost, it requires its head to survive).

Given most beings able to alter their physical form tangibility are usually able to reform themselves, usually their Individuality will be used to see if they manage to salvage some of the HP lost.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 05, 2018, 06:32:03 pm »

Next turn will be up tomorrow in 36h at most. My week-end was so enjoyable I ended up with no time left to write :)

edit: Too tired to write tonight!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:37:23 am by Nakéen »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 09, 2018, 07:09:55 am »

SO, I did not quite die(though I've had some health issues) and I have been gone a while, can I return/ give my beastie to someone?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 11, 2018, 02:22:43 am »

Got a little RL problem that will further delay an update! I have to take care of one of my relatives this week, and it's eating up all of my time.

Past week though, I was just being lazy and needed a break :)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 11, 2018, 02:28:54 am »

Got a little RL problem that will further delay an update! I have to take care of one of my relatives this week, and it's eating up all of my time.

Good luck & Keep staying alive!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 11, 2018, 10:05:56 am »

Good luck & Keep staying alive!
Everyone needs a break every once in a while.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 99