Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 215738 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 38
« Reply #1020 on: January 25, 2019, 01:23:54 am »

“Affirmed.”

Body mind... How long it was since Ulkas tried to control one? Several days at least! This would be interesting...

“Astrosa, you heard our partner. And remember that we can always mess up their flight with Levitation or blast huge group with our weapons.  That said... Let’s tear them into shreds.”

Use [Mana Overcharging] and [Body Control] to get a hold of two enemies to throw them at others. Priority goes toward wing tearing and grouping them for Shatterer blasts. See if [Born Tactician] offers any insights. If enemies approach - combine innate [Aura of Fear] with [Levitation] from Xatares equipment for best effect.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 30, 2019, 06:26:20 pm »

Without speaking a word, Gray points his glyph at the Djinn and allows his mana to flow through it as he waves his arm horizontally through the air.

Gray uses his masterwork glyph to launch a wave of Calm at the Djinn.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 25, 2019, 09:25:47 pm »

((Sorry, didn't post during the last month because I was very sick. I'm not very sure if I'm still in the player list, but I'll assume I am since I'm not on the waitlist, graveyard or inactive player list.))

Not even a week old, and Viridikion had already been in a fight for his life. Life in the wilderness was a constant struggle for survival, but that is exactly what made this life worth living. Yet, part of him wished he had stayed with Ebes instead.

Viridikion drags his meal to a safer spot in the tree and starts to devour it. Hopefully, no other monster will try to pick a fight with him while he tries to eat the snake monster.

After that, try to rest to recover my strength. Whatever that monster did to my arm, it wasn't something good.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 25, 2019, 09:30:58 pm »

((Good to see you, RGU.  You through it or still recovering?))

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #1024 on: March 24, 2019, 02:32:28 am »

Add me to waiting list.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 14, 2019, 09:33:03 pm »

Hello. A short message to you all, not good news I'm afraid. Life has been a bit hectic the past few months, and even currently I don't have any available time to do any forum games related stuff.

Sorry for leaving you in the dark again! I will for sure be able to come back in one month. But until then, I won't be able to show up at all on Bay12, unless I somehow pull a miracle.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 14, 2019, 09:39:46 pm »

We very much appreciate the update, Nakeen. Take all the time you need; we'll be here when you get back. Good luck in your endeavors!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 14, 2019, 10:02:58 pm »

Yes, good luck.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 14, 2019, 11:31:06 pm »

Hello. A short message to you all, not good news I'm afraid. Life has been a bit hectic the past few months, and even currently I don't have any available time to do any forum games related stuff.

Sorry for leaving you in the dark again! I will for sure be able to come back in one month. But until then, I won't be able to show up at all on Bay12, unless I somehow pull a miracle.
Understandable. And don't worry so much about it, you already did enough by posting this message and I feel the rest will understand. Definitely take your time to sort things out and good luck.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 16, 2019, 05:39:50 pm »

Happy to hear from you again, Nakéen :)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 39
« Reply #1030 on: July 02, 2019, 01:05:08 am »

Turn 39:

Turn 38

I apologize for the massive hiatus (again)! Because it's been quite a while, all of your turns include a short summary of what happened before.

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
move away from the strange lock and the wall, then attempt to trace the locking spell and psi-siphon the source!

After travelling East, driven by a foreboding feeling that you could meet interesting and intelligent creatures there, you left the Deadlands of Nepkeros. The journey was harsh and unforgiving, but it was far from over. A new obstacle stood before you, in the form of a massive wall blocking the only passage through the great mountain range leading to new lands.

And now, mysterious figures are bombarding you with offensive magic from above. The situation is dire, and you have to act quickly.

First was the matter of this Magic Lock on you. Following your gut feeling, you hastily put distance between you and the wall. Doing so weakened the potency of the Lock, making you surmise its power was dependent on range.

[Trace the Magic Lock]
[Moderate-Easy] 8: [7]
Outcome: [3] -Failure-

Still partially stunned by the bolt of lightning, your senses were dulled. Unable to locate the source of the locking spell in time, you could only run away from the wall before the next volley of spells.

Luck: [6]

Rather than a volley, only a single spell activated. From afar, you sensed energy arcing wildly through the air-

[Dodge]
[Very Hard] 15: [1]
Outcome: -Critical Failure-

[Arcane Magic [Advanced]: Thunderstruck Artillery]
(Pow 2 vs Res 2): [2]+5 (Arcane Lock 1 Advanced Spell 4) vs [9] (Stunned -1 Failure -4)
Critical: [10]+2 -Critical Hit-
Damage: [16]

Saving Roll: [5]

-A pillar of energy-charged electricity came crashing down on you, bathing you in a world of electrified pain. Your senses were overloaded, a vivid instant where whether you were alive or dead was unclear. You saw the rock at the epicenter melt from the intense heat emitted by the artillery spell, and soon even your body started crumbling.

You came to your senses. Miraculously alive. You tried to move, but your body remained unresponsive. Sluggish, and barely conscious, you probbed your surroundings. You were still in the pass, though the Wall was no longer visible.

You were alone. How did you get there was a mystery. Maybe you dragged yourself away from harm in a moment of desperation, or maybe something saved you. Well, at least, you were alive. In terrible shape, but alive.

Nearby Monsters:
-Spell-casting figures [Danger!]

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

The Newborn Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)
Your "passive abilities". A trait is always active, and can't be "turned off". Of course you can derive skills from these traits.
[FF]Nature Spirit(Ice): Can disperse into an icy mist. POW/RES & INT/IND increases over time, particularly in Cold icy and/or misty areas.
Ice Ward: Halves Ice-elemental damage
Didn't mean to turn into a mist... Just to start gathering energy again.

Play some tricks and use Cold Mist to freeze the first sprite inside my form. Freeze it and take it's essence, so I can evolve then and there.

You have started your adventure very recently, and in your quest to crush the lesser, you came across a Snow Sprite. And now, you are facing its allies too.

Sensing the urgency of the situation, your instinct told you that you had to kill right now, or else you would die.

[Tricks]
[Moderate] 10: [15]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

You initiated by apparently running away, hiding and reappearing in different places to elude the hostile sprites. Giggling and taunting them, you managed to separate the first sprite from its allies, just long enough to enact an attack.

[+1 Bad Luck for the close future]

[Cold Mist]
(Pow 0 vs Res 0): [8]+2 (Nature Spirit 2) vs [1] -Critical Failure-
-Critical Hit-
Damage: [6]

Swiftly surrounding the isolated sprite in your mist form, you froze it inside you to prevent it from escaping. The sprite attempted to struggle, but it had lost much stamina chasing after you during your tricks, leaving it vulnerable.

You intensified the cold, to finish this sprite before the others arrived.

[Cold Mist]
(Pow 0 vs Res 0): [10]+2 (Nature Spirit 2) vs [2] (-4 Critical Wound -2 Failure)
Critical: [6] -Normal Hit-
Damage: [3]

The struggling sprite wimpered as its lifeforce waned away, and its struggle finally stopped. As the last slivers of life left its body, so did its Essence, which you absorbed.

+1 Lesser Essence
Stage 1 Transformation enabled

[Bad Luck]

You heard stomping and crushing nearby, coming from something which seemed very, very angry.

Nearby Monsters:
-3 Snow Sprites Hostile
> Sprite #1 Dead

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"You may have not realized it yet, but a great change just happened in your body. I believe you're what they'd call a Hero now." Eximius pauses with a mirthful chuckle. "I've got pretty high expectations for you now, Prias."

Eximius looks over the village's people, studying their expressions. With their bond the way it is now, Prias would probably realize that a faint smile would've formed on his face... if he had one.

"Savor this feeling... It won't be the last, but it's certainly the first."

Aside from reminding Prias to show Veras the crystal later, Eximius lets him enjoy his victory and the celebrations that were sure to come.

Ever since Prias the villager found Eximius Res, a mysterious ring, he has been pushing its limits farther and farther, defeating opponents no normal man should be able to, and earning much in the process. All of these life-threatening situations paid off, and after defeating an abominable beast which had terrified the common psyche of the villagers for years, Prias awakened, becoming a fledging Hero.

[Celebrations]

For that special occasion, the village decided to throw a great feast. The day was spent preparing for tonight's celebration, and the village was filled with mirth and smiles. A sight that hasn't been seen in years, decades even according to Prias.

And while one would expect the hero to take a well earned rest, Prias asked to take on the watch duty while the villagers prepared everything. Naturally, everyone urged him to just take it easy for the day, and he would have caved in to their pleas where it not for the support of Sandra and Septor. They chastized the villagers for being too overbearing, and that it was Prias way of relaxing. He just needed some time alone.

And so the day went on. Watching gently over the bustle of his home, and distantly over the distant lands, Prias stood watch. He was more silent than usual, though he made some mundane everyday talk with you from time to time. His family came to visit, albeit only for a brief moment. They took turn to pinch the cheeks of your host, as punishment for his recklessness, followed by words of relief over his survival. They then left, as quickly as they came, understanding Prias needed time alone today.

Last came Veras, who simply wanted to check up on you and Prias.
"Don't worry, I am fine. I just need some time for myself, to think." he replied, the same words he said to all the others.

Prias showed him the jewel, and the mage brought it back home for further inspection.

"I will have a look. I will come right away if I find anything useful about it."

And with that said, he left. Hours passed, uneventful. And then Prias suddenly stopped with the small talk, taking a serious and distant tone.

"When I look at these black lands and this gray horizon, I think of the glimpses of endless blue sky I saw on my excursions through the mountains. It reminds me of the stories I was told when I was young. That in the past, there was no black but verdant green, no gray but sky blue. No abominations but people."

He starred longingly at the horizon.

"It's not a surprise, but I have always dreamt of restoring this land to what it was. I forgot my dream at some point, amidst the tragedies of our harsh life, I stopped thinking. Just living so that I and my family would survive, as long as possible in this land.

And then I met you."

He didn't break his gaze, but smiled.

"And all of a sudden, I became the protagonist of the fairy tales I grew up with. A nobody finding a legendary artifact, becoming a chosen one that will smite evil... Even now it feels unreal, despite all that we accomplished together. You know, when I realized what we could do together, I felt scared. What if I was wrong, and my and everyone's expectations were mistaken? You saw their eyes, you saw our hope. It made me happy, proud. It truly was exhilarating. But what if I failed them? That hope... it would turn into despair. This reponsibility... I don't know if I'm actually fit for it. I am scared my resolve won't be enough. Maybe everything until now was a big fluke. Maybe I will just disappoint everyone, and bring tragedy to our village..."

"They called me a hero. Sorry for the stupid question, but Eximius... what does it mean to be a hero?"

[Meanwhile Veras appraising]
[Moderate] 10: [17]
Outcome: [4] -Critical Success-

[Something good!]

(...)

HP and MP fully restored

Nearby Monsters:
-None

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
(Transformation was required to avoid death, then?)

(Feel free to use the alternative descriptions I sent you through that PM if you'd prefer, Nak.  I'm fine with learning the details of the skills through experimentation.  I also left the character description blank because I don't know how the setting works, and thus don't know what a reasonable interpretation of a stage is.  Being unchanged is fine, though.  Though maybe a liiiitle bit annoyed if it means I'm going to be facing AoE attacks because I didn't say 'get bigger.')

Not much point in worrying about the dead.  Particularly when finding dead things is how you get your meals..

Are we following the route of the migration?  Can we see signs left by the others?  If so, lets just stop, rest, and find a meal before continuing on to where the others are.  If not, we'll probably need to stop and rest, but do some more scouting tomorrow.

In the meantime discuss the wyvern fight with the missing scouts, and encourage them to come up with ways to reduce casulties.  Maybe some group-buffing magic?  Encourage some to develop disabling skills like Dirty Fighter?  The specifics don't matter, but I'd like to encourage them to think about the situation before it happens.  Do tell them that we've killed a few wyverns, and should be safe to rejoin the others and increase our numbers.

Previously, you came out alive from an ambush on a group of wyverns. A hard fought battle, with losses on all side, from which you emerged victorious and stronger. You have travelled East, reaching a delta of chasms.

Your group stopped to a halt to rest and study the situation. There was much to talk about, and you brought up the fight with the wyverns, hoping analyzing the battle would improve your group effectiveness in future battles.

[Discussing stuff (Int -1)]
[Hard] 14: [15]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

One didn't need to be a genius to see what went wrong during the fight with the wyverns. It was agreed you all underestimated them, and that it would have greatly helped to know their abilities beforehand. From that the scouts understood that they needed to become STRONGER, FIERCER, and FASTER.

You attempted to rope them into developping new abilities, but the three scouts looked at you with dumb looks. They had no idea how to develop new skills, and the mere idea of magic was outlandish to them. All they knew was how to shred things with their beak and talons.

Already, they could think of nothing else but to find ways of improving their shredding.

Luck: [1]

The birds confirmed that you were on the good migration path. They usually created makeshift nests in the cliffs, with some luck maybe the other group was still there. You went on to look for traces of the other group's passage, carefully. You found none.

A scout said:
"That's strange, they should have passed by way before us. Maybe they are just late on the migration?"

Or maybe something happened to the other group.

(For some reason I'm envisioning the hyenas from the Lion King when writing about the scout birds...)

Nearby Monsters:
-None

Allies:
-Kra, Cinder Vulture
-3 Carrion Birds [They want to get some GAINS]

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
((Oooffff, these rolls...))

Quickly inject Shnapa with a hefty dose of [Regenerative Serum] and rest, you both need it. Once he has recovered a little, attempt to use [Bioengineer] to further speed up the recovery process and mend some of the more serious internal injuries. With some luck, you should be able to keep this body. You may have lost a battle, but not the war. To you, this was only a minor setback in your quest for power. You would eventually rise to the top, no matter what.

The Makralian tournament for power is still taking place, and what should have been your occasion to shine has been turned against you. Defeated in the previous battle with Napash the Rock, your host is now in terrible condition. The future may be unclear, but your determination is unwavering.

[Regenerative Serum]
[Easy] 6: [13]
Outcome: [1] -Success-

[Bioengineer]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [16]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

The Makralian crowd roared in excitement as the battle finished in a flash. Amidst the uproar, the encouragements of your pack quickly turned desperate. From wishing you to win to urging you to survive.

But with your host and your true body being in terrible shape, you couldn't afford wasting resources focusing on external stimuli. You injected regenerative serum into Shnapa, and used your [Bioengineer] skill to further enhance the recovery of the body. You felt the body being carried away, and laid under the shade of some tree.

You recovered 11HP
Shnapa recovered 10HP

You also took advantage of the situation to reforge Shnapa's body. Broken bones were mended and hardened, destroyed nerves were replaced by more efficient ones, and so on. It is said that what doesn't kill you make you stronger, and you would make sure of it.

But there was one organ you couldn't heal, even with your skills. The brain of your host, which had been heavily damaged by the concussion. In essence, Shnapa was currently comatose, turning this body in a true puppet of flesh.

It felt strange, no longer having access to the feelings and sparse available knowledge of your host. Shnapa was still there, but the state of its brain had fully closed access to his "self". You could leave it as is, or attempt to probe into the matter.

Nearby Monsters:
-Napash the Rock, Makralian Greater Leader

-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians
-The 8 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders

-The 24 last contestants

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
Now's our chance! Quickly, while he is dazed!

Rush the necromancer!

In the company of Vel and Artomal, you have been scouring the deadland of Easenval in search of a way out, all the while gathering power on the way. Your wanderings have led you to face a necromancer, and the fight is still raging!

You quickly dismissed the pain. After all, what use did an undead body have for pain?

The three of you dashed ahead, toward your target. It must have been quite the sight, to be beset by an angry skeletal being, a spectral fencer, and an undead rider.

[The Undead Swordsmen Trio: Pile on necromancer]
(Str 1,1,0 vs Con 0): (12+2,5+2,1+2)+2 (Weapons 2 Camaraderie 2) vs [8]-2 (Dazed 2) (Terrence and Vel attacks successful)
Critical: (4,4)+1
Damage: ([4,3]+2)x2=[12,10]

While Artomal miserably tripped and fell face first on the ground, you and Vel arrived in front of the helpless necromancer, ready to dish out a world of suffering to them. What ensued was a brutal and messy display of strength, as the two of you hacked the humanoid apart with your blades. Eventually only a barely unalive head was left, which you held up in front of you.

5 Lesser Essences can be claimed

Vel sneered at the head.
"Serves your right, puppeter."

A bit behind, Artomal added:
"What he said!"[/color]

Nearby Monsters:
-Necromancer! [Defeated, soon to be dead]

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
Taking advantage of our transparency, start killing weak monsters, quietly if possible.

[Long action: Hunt the weak, again and again]: [1]
[Long action: Survive]: [3]
[Long action: Hunt again]: [6]

When in Rome, do as the Roman do. Just as the natives did, you set out to hunt, trusting your transparency to net you a few easy kills. But unfortunately, it didn't go as planned at all.

You first set your sights on apparently weak monsters, only to realize you had either greatly underestimated them, or had attacked the lure of some greater beast. You had many close calls, and barely managed to escape with your life.

At least, now you knew of some more dangers of these lands. Creatures could use magic to project illusions to lure unsuspecting preys in, others simply looked weak while hiding their true strength...

After resting a bit, your hunger prompted you to resume hunting. This time went more successfully, and you managed to kill a few weaker monsters, netting you 5 Essences.

But your kills attracted another predator, who managed to track you using your kills. Now you are being hunted by a dangerous opponent.

5HP lost

Nearby Beings:
-Quite many

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
“Affirmed.”

Body mind... How long it was since Ulkas tried to control one? Several days at least! This would be interesting...

“Astrosa, you heard our partner. And remember that we can always mess up their flight with Levitation or blast huge group with our weapons.  That said... Let’s tear them into shreds.”

Use [Mana Overcharging] and [Body Control] to get a hold of two enemies to throw them at others. Priority goes toward wing tearing and grouping them for Shatterer blasts. See if [Born Tactician] offers any insights. If enemies approach - combine innate [Aura of Fear] with [Levitation] from Xatares equipment for best effect.

In your quest for power and answers to the mysteries of the Ancients, you have temporarily joined forces with Ambition, a mighty denizen of the Baldarus Plains. With Astrosa and this newfound ally, you were about to enter the sky temple, but monsters at the service of Gol Gimmum have come to intercept you. You were about to show them your power.

Astrosa smiled, delighted at the prospect of venting her pented frustration.
"There won't be anything left of them after I'm done."

She was about to head off, but you signified her with a nod that you wanted to try something. She answered with a nod herself, and stood at the ready.

[Born Tactician]
[Easy] 6: [5]
Outcome: [2] -Critical Failure-

Before using your skills proper, you studied the situation for a moment. And surprisingly, you couldn't see any opportunity to take advantage off. The Galtrezars moved in a perfectly coordinated fashion, covering each others blind spots perfectly.

[Ambition and Astrosa: Ambush Perception]
[Easy] 6,8: [13,3]
Outcome: [6,6] -Overshoot, Partial Success-

Your focus on the visible Galtrezars prevented you from sensing another group hidden in the clouds. Astrosa did sense something, but Ambition was faster. He flew toward the other group as soon as he sensed them.
"More rabble... I will take care of those."

[Mana Overcharging] [-8MP]
[Total Control -Body-]
(Int 5 vs Ind 1): [17]+4 (Mana Overcharging) vs [12,5]
Outcome: [3] -Success-

You extended the invisible arms of your mind toward your enemies, seizing the mind of their bodies like a puppeter take ahold of a puppet's strings. And you made them dance to your will, altering their movements so that they would fly toward their comrades. Child play.

[Galtrezar Dodge]
[Moderate Easy] 8: [6,18]
Outcome: [5,6] -Partial Success, Overshoot-

Quick and nimbre, the winged creatures dodged their incoming companions, one barely, and one too much. Astrosa immediately detected its vulnerable position, being out of formation, and she rushed toward it. At the same time, you armed the Collapser, aimed and fired at the three Galtrezars. Set on standard output.

[Xatares Collapser]
[Moderate-Easy] 8: [11]
Outcome: [4] -Critical Success-

(Str 4 vs Con 2): [2]+4 (Success) vs [10,7,1]+2 (Stage 4)
Critical: [1]+3 -Normal Hit-
Damage: [10,17,13]*2.5: [25/2,42/2,32] (resisted damage have been halved)

Despite lacking the help of Liel, who usually assisted you during the aiming process, you landed a perfect shot with the help of your skills and the assisted targetting of the tool. You fell an incredibly fast invisibly wave travel forward, ignoring everything that had a different signature from its targets.

Caught in the wave, the three monsters collapsed on themselves, their sturdy bodies being crushed and snapped by some mysterious force at incredibly fast intervals. One of them was instantly eliminated, and the other two were left terribly mangled and barely conscious.

[Astrosa: Bladed Claws]
(Str 6 vs Con 2): [20]+2 (Advantage) vs [3]-2 (Vulnerable)
Critical: [1]+2 -Normal Hit-
Damage: [12]*2.3: [28]

At the very same time, Astrosa tore through the stray Galtrezar with elegant simplicity. She took its wings away, and half of its limbs. She followed immediately with another attack.

(Str 6 vs Con 2): [16]+2 (Advantage) vs [9]-6 (Vulnerable 2 Heavily Wounded 4)
Critical: [5]+2 -Normal Hit-
Damage: [12]*2.3: [28]

The crimson demoness finished the job in a flash, leaving only scattered bits of flesh to fall back on land.

The remaining attacker kept its cool, and rushed at you, feeling it would have better chances in close combat against you. Astrosa had already started moving on to intercept it.

[Perception: Ambition Fight]
(Moderate-Hard) 12: [8]
Outcome: [6] -Partial Success-

Meanwhile in the clouds over you, Ambition fought against another group of Galtrezars. Due to the clouds, and your focus on the battle, you couldn't fully spectate its battle to assess its abilities. You felt short bursts of mind techniques being used, and then amidst the clouds, the shape of Ambition morphed several times.

40 Medium Essence can be claimed

Nearby Monsters:
Ambition the Irregular [Stage 8] [Partnership]
> Source of a Field of Mind Manipulation

-5 Galtrezars [Stage 4] Hostile
> 2 dead
> 1 ok
> 1 at -21
> 1 at -12

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
Without speaking a word, Gray points his glyph at the Djinn and allows his mana to flow through it as he waves his arm horizontally through the air.

Gray uses his masterwork glyph to launch a wave of Calm at the Djinn.

Your travels have led you to the Valley of Whispers, a normally tranquil place where mages and spirits can commune and work together. But a vicious spirit has disrupted this peaceful place, the Spirit of Hate as the native spirits of the valley have named him. You accepted to help them get rid of it, and were currently in the process of pacifying Mad Djinns.]

[Gray: Wave of Calm]
[Moderate] 10: [13]
Outcome: [1] -Success-

You let your mana flow through your body and to the Masterful Glyph of Calm at the end of your fist. Feeling the flow, and transmitting it to the air, you generated a wave of calm.

The effect was instant, and the Mad Djinns stopped in their tracks. But you could sense it wasn't enough, the pacifying effect wasn't as strong in wave form, and it would wear off soon enough. A pacifying blow should do the trick like before, as long as you regulate your power output not to destroy them.

Nearby Monsters:
-10 Pacified Greater Sand Spirits [Allies]
-6 Mad Djinns [Hostile] [Temporarily Pacified]

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Viridikion the Green Dragon Hatchling (randomgenericusername)
((Sorry, didn't post during the last month because I was very sick. I'm not very sure if I'm still in the player list, but I'll assume I am since I'm not on the waitlist, graveyard or inactive player list.))

Not even a week old, and Viridikion had already been in a fight for his life. Life in the wilderness was a constant struggle for survival, but that is exactly what made this life worth living. Yet, part of him wished he had stayed with Ebes instead.

Viridikion drags his meal to a safer spot in the tree and starts to devour it. Hopefully, no other monster will try to pick a fight with him while he tries to eat the snake monster.

After that, try to rest to recover my strength. Whatever that monster did to my arm, it wasn't something good.

Previously... when was that again? Ahem. You defeated a snake like monster, earning your first kill and Essence in this world. And now, it is time to resume your journey. Well, after eating.

You took your prize to a safer place, in the cavity of a large tree. You tore at the flesh, filling your mouth with fresh and juicy meat. You chewed with glee, causing the juices to overflow. It was a raw taste, strong and alive. It was invigorating, making you feel truly alive.

And now with your belly full, you coiled in a cool place and rested.
HP fully recovered

[Venom Resistance (Con 1)]
[Moderate] 10: [8]
Outcome: [6] -Partial Success-

You woke up feeling overall better, except for your arm which was covered in one big rash. It was mildly painful, and itchy too, but it didn't seem life-threatening. It seems you could thank your strong body for that.

Nearby Beings:
-Horned Snake Monster Dead

Spoiler: Viridikion Status (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 02, 2019, 01:06:59 am »

Finally! Do tell if I missed anything :)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 02, 2019, 01:51:55 am »

Seeing bloody flakes descending into clouds, Ulkas grinned viciously. Still, while his heart raced, his mind remained cold and calculating. In the end, he grew too dependent on Liel. His born instincts, while potent, lacked actual battle experience, especially compared to Astrosa, so he remained completely obvious to the ambush - subconsciously expecting Liel to find enemy signatures to complete his battle view.

With Liel inactive… Ulkas felt like his prowess has taken a big hit. Now, he could not be certain of outcomes, even while predicting positive course of battle. While this was harsh, it was also refreshing in a native, blood-boiling way. Only yourself to blame, only your own mind to rely upon… For now, Astrosa and Ambition diffused the hit. Later, he would be fine with his own senses. He’ll make sure of this.

"Let's experiment for a bit."

With his body so close to evolution, Ulkas could afford to be a bit reckless and testing out enemies weakness for future battles.

Use [Extreme Analysis] to observe Galtrezar, next with Xatares weapons [Levitation] to change its path. Add [Aura of Fear]. Prepare Glove [Shield] just in case. When Astrosa takes care of it, finish injured ones with [Control] and weapons.

In case huge damage or brain fatigue occurs - evolution is just a step away, right?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 02, 2019, 02:06:32 am »

I edited my orders earlier this year because I wanted to emphasize other ways of survival that were more compatable with my goal of ending the destructive cycle of evolution.  Encouraging others to level up is the opposite of that.

..but these results are fine.

Also, I don't believe I'm critically wounded anymore.

Cast [Spell Resistance].  Re-cast it when it expires, trying to keep it up at all times, at least all times that I'm awake.  I don't need any mana for anything else.

Fly about and track down the missing members, heading in general towards where we all were.  Keep everyone at low altitude so we can dive into the underbrush, the other creatures are larger than us, and we can communicate via [Squack]s that don't reveal our locations to others.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:40:51 am by Devastator »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 02, 2019, 06:32:30 am »

Skee felt relieved, as Shnapa's life and his own were no longer at risk. However, it seemed the shock had been a little too hard, and his host had fell into a coma. While that might not be immediately problematic, it would definitely interfere with Skee's plans of rising to the top of Makralian society, especially since he was unable to speak their language on his own. Eventually he'd have to deal with this, one way or another. However, now was not the time, especially since he didn't know the inner workings of the host's brain. For now, Skee would just make Shnapa tell the other pack members that he was fine, speaking monster tongue, before going back to "sleep", waiting for his host's body to fully regenerate, while using this time to study his hosts' brain, attempting to figure out what was wrong with it and how to fix it.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 99