Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Eco: Save the planet from YOURSELF! (And an asteroid)  (Read 19384 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Eco: Save the planet from YOURSELF! (And an asteroid)
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2019, 06:54:50 am »

Yeah the 'meta' changed a bunch. And IMO the vanilla values for Experience gain (both Level and Specialization) are borked. And then I tried tweaking it and borked it even further, with people maxing out a spec in a few hours of play.
It's cool to have more content though. Because before I'd just go Mining+Mortaring and dig caves for stone and then turning those caves into rooms. A lot of things felt very cheesy.

And now ramps are 4x1, and when you place one next to another, they connect. Finally. People derped so hard with ramps, since they'd build the whole world based on the width of Dirt and Stone, and then Asphalt had a different width and would always screw everyone's beautiful roads up.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2019, 08:28:03 am »

How are the pollution/devastation mechanics working these days? That was kinda the main draw for me in the beginning, but then later it seemed like the meteor took over center stage and reduced the gravity of fucking up the environment.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2019, 02:15:47 am »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2019, 04:13:15 am »

RIP. We built our house close to a mountain thinking we'd build our good old glorious dwarven mountainhomes, only to hit basalt and never be able to advance.
Good job devs, now we can't build cave rooms so big it crashes the server in the first day anymore.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2020, 12:11:44 pm »

Necroposting to say that Update 9 is out, it has some cool stuff in it.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/382310?emclan=103582791454619046&emgid=2886199914087949153

I've set up a public server, anyone is welcome.

Jump on discord here: https://discord.gg/b5pqeYk
Or just join and check out the new update. The server is at ticktockbent.ddns.net:3000 so you can join directly or search for it.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2020, 02:54:07 pm »

I don't know if I've posted in this thread before, but I played this game solo a couple updates back. It was a nice, relaxing game of building up my mini town of sorts and setting up mining, logging, and farming operations complete with roads. I even had an elevator down to the mine. I was working on oil production so I could finally get the last bits I needed to blast the asteroid when an update came out that corrupted my savegame. Said update also changed the way skills work which made it much harder to do anything solo, so I kinda stopped playing.

All that said, I figure that multiplayer is the intended method to play anyways, I just can't get my friends to play it, and even if I could it'd be hard to get everyone on at the same time. Otherwise this game looks pretty damn neat. People making voxel based building games should use this game as inspiration instead of the super-blockiness of things such as Minecraft.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2020, 03:45:53 pm »

How far along is it? New as of 9?

No promises but I might join up a bit if my current diminished gameplay experience can handle it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2020, 04:53:17 pm »

How far along is it? New as of 9?

No promises but I might join up a bit if my current diminished gameplay experience can handle it.
New as of yesterday evening. Feel free to drop in if you like. I wasn't sure how many people would join so I have skill gain quite high. I think everything at my camp is public right now so grab anything you need.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2021, 11:19:24 pm »

This thread was getting dusty, but the game has recently seen a bit of a revival, so I figured I'd invite my Bay12 brethren to our server.

Eco - Ecology and Economy. We started out as a wayward band of player tired of admin abuse and draconian rules, and have since became a tight-knit group of about 7 active players. Our server is currently vanilla, though we plan on adding some QoL mods, and are looking for anyone willing to join and learn the ropes, and are more than willing to offer a helping hand.

The way we work- the gov't has "requisitions offices," which buy raw goods at the same price they sell them at, to provide income for gatherers and cheap goods for craftsmen. Being a polymath can really beneit you here, though there is always room for new builders, since we are ambitious and have tons of government commissioned projects.

Currently, we are looking for a dedicted farmer/gatherer and ideally cook, but really- anyone willing to work can find something to do.

We're also doing x2 $25 Steam giveaways at the end of the month, and plan on continuing the trend. If you you've be itching to play eco again, give us a go.

Our Discord:
https://discord.gg/AE2dHG4VFx

If you need helping hand, just ask! This group is a really friendly, helpful bunch!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2021, 07:31:31 pm »

It's awfully tempting to join in as I've only played this game solo... but there's so many games to play. I've also been afraid that I'd be more of a burden than an asset in these sorts of games, much as I enjoy the cooperative aspect.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2021, 03:10:45 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:29:20 pm by dragdeler »
let

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2021, 01:13:06 pm »

This game got me through the shutdown. I don't have so much time anymore but a chill game would be nice.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2021, 01:23:40 pm »

Does this game require Steam to play, or are there other options?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2021, 06:49:13 pm »

I believe they have only published it on Steam. If you buy it direct you just get a steam code.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2021, 09:14:56 pm »

Looks like they're working on a bunch of post-meteor content now. I'll be interested in seeing what comes of that.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12