Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 180

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 218699 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #915 on: June 23, 2020, 11:08:11 am »

I think I will change my avatar to the one I use on Discord.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 23, 2020, 12:30:20 pm »

I don't know how the total time logged in counter works. I never log out, but it just says 33 days.  And I've been registered for... not quite 10 years.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 23, 2020, 08:33:35 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:25:44 pm by dragdeler »
let

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 23, 2020, 10:25:49 pm »

I don't know how the total time logged in counter works. I never log out, but it just says 33 days.  And I've been registered for... not quite 10 years.
It only logs days while you have a tab open.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 24, 2020, 03:33:31 am »

It only logs days while you have a tab open.
That seems about correct, but: you must also have refreshed the page (or gone to another page) within the last 15 (or so) minutes from when you last refreshed for the total time logged in counter to increase. Leaving your PC on overnight on the same page, then refreshing does not increase the counter.

I don't think it should be called "Total time logged in", I think it's more accurate if it were called "Total time online". I've been logged in on at least one device for almost the entirety of my time here, so I should have a time of around 513 days, but instead I have a time of 243 days.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 24, 2020, 08:13:28 am »

As such, it requires special plugins to reach maximum levels of online-ness, like the lofty heights attained by our resident kobold lurker.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 24, 2020, 04:43:35 pm »

Does anyone else forget whether or not they’ve eaten? I don’t feel thst hungry but I don’t think I’ve eaten today yet

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 24, 2020, 05:36:33 pm »

That should be normal. "listen to your body" is the general advice I'd give there. Some people eat on schedule, to the same level, because it's part of their daily ritual. If you're not feeling at least a little hungry at meal time then that might be a sign to adjust things.

A good idea is to have options instead of set daily meals, and one of the options is the minimum amount of food. A piece of fruit and a drink for example. Then if you're properly hungry at meal time you have a meal, or if not try the small meal and see how you go. If you really need to eat more and you're not sure then eating something small like fruit should kickstart an appetite. If not, then you'll be ok. The reason for having the drink is that sometimes after eating you'll get short-lived hunger pangs and this can prompt you to overeat. It was obviously adaptive back in evolutionary time but is maladaptive now that we can have as much food as we want all the time. Having the drink fills the stomach and supresses any transient hunger pangs, while eating small amounts frequently keeps your metabolism kicking over.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 05:42:46 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 24, 2020, 06:53:59 pm »

That should be normal. "listen to your body" is the general advice I'd give there. Some people eat on schedule, to the same level, because it's part of their daily ritual. If you're not feeling at least a little hungry at meal time then that might be a sign to adjust things.
Mind, listen to your body can also be goddamn terrible advice. When my grandmother does that she ends up in the hospital these days, due either to dehydration or issues with not bloody eating. Sometimes your body gives you really shitty signals.

In any case, yeah, sometimes I'll end up forgetting if I ate earlier in the day. Tends to happen when it's early/a small meal, and I take a nap or get really engaged with something. Will end up not entirely sure if I ate or not. Generally, if I really can't tell I'll first see if I'm having any issues with shaking, and then maybe nibble on something small, just to make sure I don't friggin' fall over or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 25, 2020, 08:00:02 am »

Does anyone else forget whether or not they’ve eaten? I don’t feel thst hungry but I don’t think I’ve eaten today yet

Yeah, when I could get my medicine, I wouldn't be able to tell if I was hungry or full or whatever.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 25, 2020, 08:05:43 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:26:01 pm by dragdeler »
let

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 26, 2020, 07:17:18 am »

More people are getting bamned as of recent. Whether that means stricter moderation or just that more people are being dicks I'm not sure about.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 26, 2020, 07:21:12 am »

Yeah, when I could get my medicine, I wouldn't be able to tell if I was hungry or full or whatever.

I know lack of appetite is super common as a side effect to meds.

I don't take any meds, but sometimes go all day without eating and won't notice until after work. I tend to not be very effected by hunger. For instance, today, it was me getting dizzy in an elevator that reminded me that I hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours and had spent a lot of energy cleaning an apartment. I think I just get caught up in things.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 26, 2020, 07:26:39 am »

More people are getting bamned as of recent. Whether that means stricter moderation or just that more people are being dicks I'm not sure about.
Wait, what? Mod log is showing all of two people given the boot this year, one four months ago. I'm not sure it'll last (see 2016 for a guess why, on this forum with a significant US population), but so far we're in line for a normal year on the banhammer front.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 26, 2020, 07:34:54 am »

Especially with the kind of gut-busters Trump gushed with on his Fox News Exclusive Interview!(tm) last night. 

I could hardly do it justice, and this is the wrong thread for it anyway-- But yeah. I can honestly see a lot of people not being on here, because of INABILITY to be on here, in the proceeding years should Orange Lunatic stay in office.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 180