Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 180

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 218680 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #1605 on: August 30, 2021, 04:57:43 pm »

A person who raises tarantulas should be called a tarancher.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 30, 2021, 10:20:12 pm »

So I'm playing a game, Mount & Blade: Bannerlord, where my character is of a group of tribal forest-clans who unified and "civilized" in order to resist a big scary (extremely Roman) empire.  Doing the longbow/smithing thing, working as a merchant-mercenary for my people, presumably more than a little xenophobic in the valid *resisting imperialists* sense.

So I come across this one wanderer, of my culture, who's bragging about his collection of trophy heads.  Which is a part of Battanian culture which has been referenced before, nostalgically, but like... maybe isn't so much a thing anymore?  And he's very cringe because he supposedly had to bury them all and even in his lie his victims had puny names.

My character probably respects the tradition of taking trophies, sure.  In theory and legend.  But this guy trying to grift on nostalgia for the old ways is really embarrassing.  And maybe my character would get much better deals with a larger market, and maybe indoor plumbing and some more books to read?

This led to me thinking about bidets again which is why I posted it here.  I still don't understand how they're supposed to work, but maybe finely pulped paper isn't the optimal path towards self-hygiene.  I don't know, it's been on my mind for a while.  oh and I guess I replaced the bolts on my dad's toilet a couple days ago.  So I could literally handle a bidet conversion personally, and an influencer I know has one, and it'd trigger all the trads.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 31, 2021, 09:14:17 am »

What? Bidets are more traditional than toilet paper. Toilet paper is the hot new thing, bidets is the old fashioned archaic way.

Sometimes the old ways just were better
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 10:24:36 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 01, 2021, 07:59:44 pm »

But what about gompf sticks?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: September 01, 2021, 08:17:35 pm »

But what about shitting in the woods like nature intended for all creatures big and small?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: September 02, 2021, 03:04:43 am »

Shitting in the woods and wiping with leaves is what god intended!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: September 02, 2021, 05:39:16 am »

Spring brooks were the original bidets
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 06, 2021, 12:08:24 pm »

the quality of being similar to others is called ique
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: September 06, 2021, 12:41:42 pm »

Spoiler: Dominique (click to show/hide)
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: September 07, 2021, 02:51:40 am »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: September 11, 2021, 08:24:33 pm »

The "early bird special" should be a plate full of worms.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 11, 2021, 08:54:35 pm »

The "early bird special" should be a plate full of worms.
live worms

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: September 11, 2021, 09:20:44 pm »

Look, I'll try any crazy food in the evening just to brag about it later.  Even Klingon Gagh which is pretty much what y'all are talking about.  But not for breakfast.

No, an early I-don't-want-to-be-up breakfast needs to be greasy mystery sausage and sweet pastry-like "biscuits".  And ideally it involves unfertilized chicken ovum.  Altogether a meal I would find disgusting when properly awake, and yet it's the only thing I care to eat as I'm making my half-asleep way to some morning obligation.

That or a mix that's like 90% raisins and m&ms, 10% oatmeal.  Mornings can be wonderful but I really need every advantage waking up for them.

Come at me with some live worms or exotic bog fish in the morning and I'm just going to fall asleep on my feet, issuing a groan so dire that it ushers in the end of the world.  (Sorry about that, by the way.  Basically everything happening is my fault, but I was SO tired and my mom was pushing Atkins that day).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 11, 2021, 09:22:17 pm »

worm is just living sausage of mystery meat
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 180