Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 78171 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #540 on: July 04, 2019, 06:20:16 pm »

((I had a crewman tending the wound in my right hand during Highjinks, are they just not very good medics or did you forget? :p))

Edgar watches the king slump, finishing the remainder of his mug as he mutters to himself.

No quarter will be asked...

“... no quarter shall be given.” Finishes Henry, receiving an appreciative glance from his captain.

I’m glad you pay attention, Henry.” He says, pushing himself up from the table and walking round it to stand next to his unconscious quarry. He unholsters his weapon and carefully shoots the king in the head in an effort to avoid any splatter.

Find a crewman you dislike, tell him to seal his majesty in the barrel of rum and throw it overboard. Perhaps he’ll learn to hold his drink in the afterlife. Also, we had some anti-air launchers somewhere, make that...” he gestures to the blackhawk, “... go away, preferably into the sea.

Edgar sniffs and looks out thoughtfully toward the shore. Then he shakes his head.

This surgical approach is rather boring. Sacking ports is fun and all, but when I arrived here, I felt a strong urge to kill things, so let’s kill everything. Turn the city to rubble, then shoot the rubble until it’s dust. In fact, better idea! Get as many boys together as you can find, get them weapons. Heck, the boys that took the Elridge, they should still have all that assault gear, send them ashore, they can all shoot the place up while we tear the city down from here. They don’t engage anyone they don’t have to, just burn as many of the buildings down as possible. Skeleton crew on the ships. Good, old-fashioned piratical chaos. They had their chance to give us what we wanted, now it’s time to burn the town down.

Move the Capella behind us, we can use it as a medical ship. Keep some guns trained on the shore, in case our boys have some casualties and can’t deal with them via field surgery and need to get to the medical ship.

Use Revisionist to create some incediary grenades for everyone going ashore, and incediary ammunition for the guns on the Phoenix and Elridge. Almelo wakes up fo fire!

I forgot, I'm so sorry. I was in a rush because it had been so long between turns. As compensation, he will have finished with his treatment by next turn. Automatic healing.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 04, 2019, 06:46:08 pm »

((Dude you’re writing stuff for however many different players doing a multitude of different things in an effort to murderize the other players while doing whatever it is you do in your own, non-Wiki-Warrior existence, I don’t think I’m alone in saying don’t worry too much about missing anything :p it should really be up to everyone to remind you if you miss something.

Consequently I’m alright with no automatic healing or anything. I have no idea what sort of ideas you have about healing mechanics or the like, so it’s cool to keep doing whatever you were intending.))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 04, 2019, 10:04:54 pm »

((Dude you’re writing stuff for however many different players doing a multitude of different things in an effort to murderize the other players while doing whatever it is you do in your own, non-Wiki-Warrior existence, I don’t think I’m alone in saying don’t worry too much about missing anything :p it should really be up to everyone to remind you if you miss something.

Consequently I’m alright with no automatic healing or anything. I have no idea what sort of ideas you have about healing mechanics or the like, so it’s cool to keep doing whatever you were intending.))

Oh, thank you for being understanding! Sorry, I have a tendency to do that. Okay, then.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 04, 2019, 10:11:28 pm »

((No joke, Greatness, you're definitely one of the best GMs I've seen on this forum. Just wanting to add to what hector13 is saying)).
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 05, 2019, 12:29:54 pm »

Get Markus to help me get somewhere safe that's faraway from where we are and indoors like a house or a store, then carve another field medic with a animal head into the wall and get him to heal me and Markus.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 05, 2019, 12:40:51 pm »

Niko take a milatery squad to get the green man, Bobby return to look at the general after getting the treatment
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 07, 2019, 09:54:38 am »

((No joke, Greatness, you're definitely one of the best GMs I've seen on this forum. Just wanting to add to what hector13 is saying)).

(Thank you!  :D That really means a lot, I appreciate it!

And also, bumping for those who haven't posted.)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 10, 2019, 01:57:05 am »

I was at a crossroads here, I wasn't sure if I should simply try to disarm the man or grab Cirno and try to run and carry herself and I to safety. Though, I quickly decided to simply bottle it and run and tried taking Cirno with me. Of course, I wasn't just going to run in a straight line in the open. I'd try to get behind hard cover as quickly as possible and then keep going, making sure to try and always have a concrete wall or something else in the way of his line of fire, and hopefully line of sight as well. Capturing the sloth would have to wait for now, clearly...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 13, 2019, 06:01:25 pm »

((Will update tonight, regardless on if Detoxicated still hasn't posted.))

PraiseTalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 14, 2019, 03:51:42 am »

Waitlist me please.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 14, 2019, 12:08:59 pm »

Waitlist me please.

((You got it!

Also, turn will be up today. I was working on it last night, but I passed out. :p))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 14, 2019, 06:45:32 pm »

The Rich Man's Fortune
Deathmatch
Part XVI: Burn 'Em Out
Almelo, Twente, Eastern Netherlands in the Holmsian Empire
Early Morning, Drizzle, 11/14/2020

After the chaos in the alleyway breaks off, leaving several corpses in it's midst, Kim Tae-woo slowly rises from the ground, bleeding from his side once again. He can see it's quite heavily bleeding, to the point of concern. To make things worse, Danny's shoulder is grazed, with a little dribble pouring down. [Medical: 8] Kim rushes to Yoon's side, and tears off strips of clothing from his dead teammate to make bandages. He raises his shirt and bandages his shirt, stemming the worst of the bleeding [Heavy Bleeding --> Light Bleeding] for now. [Medical: 9] A single little bandage around the right arm brings Danny into tip-top shape. With that done, the three surviving members of G.o.d go to sneak into another house [Sneak: 10] and manage to slip past the entire militia and slip into a Militia-run property just like where they grabbed their guns. With the militia in the house gone, what's left is [Scavenge: 3] a single medkit and an extra magazine for each pistol the group has.

Edgar watches dismissively as the King slumps over drunkenly, and finishes off the mug of water as the crewman finally fixes his right hand up and he mutters to himself. "No quarter will be asked..., "And no quarter shall be taken," finishes Henry, earning an appreciative glance from his captain. Standing up, Edgar says "I'm glad you pay attention, Henry," as he walks over to the unconscious King. He unholsters his Webley and carefully aims for the King. [6 v Automatic Failure: Unconscious) One bullet, some blood and brain splattered on the deck, and the King is dead. "Find a crewman you dislike, tell him to seal his majesty in the barrel of rum and throw it overboard. Perhaps he’ll learn to hold his drink in the afterlife. Also, we had some anti-air launchers somewhere, make that..." he says, gesturing to Blackhawk, "... go away, preferably into the sea." [Time: 2] By the time he says that, it's already right on back to the city, a bit far to make an accurate shot. He sighs, and looks out thoughtfully to the shore. But then, he shakes his head, and says "This surgical approach is rather boring. Sacking ports is fun and all, but when I arrived here, I felt a strong urge to kill things, so let’s kill everything. Turn the city to rubble, then shoot the rubble until it’s dust. In fact, better idea! Get as many boys together as you can find, get them weapons. Heck, the boys that took the Elridge, they should still have all that assault gear, send them ashore, they can all shoot the place up while we tear the city down from here. They don’t engage anyone they don’t have to, just burn as many of the buildings down as possible. Skeleton crew on the ships. Good, old-fashioned piratical chaos. They had their chance to give us what we wanted, now it’s time to burn the town down. Move the Capella behind us, we can use it as a medical ship. Keep some guns trained on the shore, in case our boys have some casualties and can’t deal with them via field surgery and need to get to the medical ship." With his orders rattled off, Henry goes to prepare the lifeboats, weapons, and arrangements, leaving Edgar to start Phase One: BURN 'EM OUT. [Revisionist: 1+1 (Lasting Analgesic)] Unfortunately , his first goal of creating incendiaries for his land crew fails as pain spikes through his arm. Gasping and choking on it, he instead goes over to create Incendiary Ammo for the guns of his ships. [6+1-1 (Pain)] He manages to create the incendiaries, only adding a bit more lasting pain as a sacrifice. With that done, he creates the first order: for Almelo to wake up to fire. [Phoenix Accuracy: 6] The Phoenix's incendiaries fire first, bursting fire against his original point, and thus spreading it around the dilapidated ruins of his starting point. Buildings burn, and Militia, Soldiers, and Civilians alike burn. [4 v 8] The house G.o.d is in [9 v 8] and the street Gary and Markus are on don't get sustained fire damage. [Elridge Accuracy: 6] The Elridge's guns instead fire up north, by a police station. [2 v 4] Emanuel, Cirno, and Ercandize are safe as the police station and surrounding parking lot blow up and burn. [6 v 10] Super-Sloth is also safe, ducking into a covered alley just in time for the flames to burn the rooftops of buildings. [4 v 9] And finally, the military ducks and covers at those bombs.

As bombs burst above his head, setting the buildings around him ablaze, Super-Sloth tries his best to get as far away from the soldiers as he can. [Stealth: 2] Unfortunately, right as he stands up, soldiers shout out his location, forcing him to act. [2 v 5] [1 v 10] He throws a bomb at the soldiers, and misses them, and then goes to throw another one, only for it to be shot down in the air, sending a poisonous puff of smog through the wind as that soldier counterattacks. [1 v 1] However, that soldier is then caught in the poisoned gas, taking a full dose and thus immediately beginning to vomit up blood as Super-Sloth [Escape: 4] goes on the run, chased by soldiers. [Spot: 9] He manages to find Ercandize by the burning rubble of the police station, still pointing a gun at a priest and what looks like a dying fairy.

Despite what the earlier report said, the first even being a single notch close is spelling disaster for Gary and Markus. While they aren't "in danger", homes and people are still burning around them and they are right in the splash zone. Holding his gun in a ready position, Markus leads the way as the two head out far to find safety [Spot: 6] and manage to find a simple little convenience store, closed for the night. They head in to the dark, empty store, not having gone far enough as they can still see places burning out the window. But it's far from G.o.d, so it counts. With that done, Gary goes in to create a new field medic with an animal's head. [Carving: 3+2] He manages to create a new medic, a deer-headed man named Il Cervo. Unfortunately, he's only a good biological medic, thus leaving Markus to still spill Thirium as he works on Gary. [Medicine: 10] But what a doctor he is. He bandages up Gary's back, and shoots him with painkillers to keep him up and running [No Pain Debuffs For Three Turns.]

Niko hops right out of the humvee and follows a squad in [6 v 1] but the poison from the bomb covers the alley, and Niko is unable to avoid it with just a hand over his nose and mouth. He is left retching and wheezing on the ground, clearly heavily ill. [Medicine: 10] And then, he suddenly gets right back up, shaking on his feet but running off sheer adrenaline as he suddenly chases down Super-Sloth, climbing the fence before even the soldiers can. He runs onto the street, catching Super-Sloth in a mad sprint [Chase: 3+2 (Adrenaline) v 8] and running at him. However, Super-Sloth is running too fast, and is right by the parking lot when Niko feels the effects of the poison catch up with him. In his last moments of health, he stops running, and pulls out his Glock, firing it at Super-Sloth. [4 v 6] He narrowly misses, and Super-Sloth is able to get right into the parking lot as Niko succumbs to the poison, and falls over unconscious.

Emanuel is torn at a crossroads, but before he can do anything, the police station and parking lot suddenly erupt in fire and explosions. He picks up Cirno and bolts it, but doesn't make it far before he sees Super-Sloth running right for them. [Escape: 6] He runs for cover, managing to get behind an undetonated police car [1 v 7+2 (Cover)] right as Ercandize fires and Super-Sloth runs in. Due to being distracted, Ercandize is suddenly assaulted by the soldiers [7 v 5-2 (Distraction)] and suddenly catches two rounds in the stomach and right arm, making him fall to his knees.

Said soldiers then fire on Super-Sloth [6 v 2] and one shoots him right through his kneecap, sending the figment of one Isaac's imagination to the ground. [-1 Mobility]. They then run up to try and grab Super-Sloth [5 v 8-1], but are pushed aside.

BSN: I am so sorry for any mistakes! There are some rulings where I wasn't sure where to go with them. I hope I didn't mess anything up.

Spoiler: Hector13 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The_Two_Eternities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Detoxicated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 14, 2019, 08:23:31 pm »

Use the medkit to further attend to our injuries, and reload all weapons. Once that is done, get back on the tail of the Wiki Warrior and android we fought earlier.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2019, 09:38:41 pm »

((Should probably have kept that barrel of alcohol, ah well...

Also you forgot to give me good rolls. Damn son :p))

Captain Masters sniffs at the lack of damage the incendiary shells did.

Probably not the best idea to start a fire in the rain,” he turns to Henry, “I’m thinking we go back to doing things the old-fashioned way. I’m also thinking I... we need to get a bit closer to the action.” Henry’s eyes light up for a moment, as he cocks his head slightly.

“But captain, someone needs to remain with the flee-“ he begins, before being cut off.

I need you with me, friend. We’ll leave enough crew on the ships to keep the authorities on their toes, but I need to be in the thick of battle. We have enough supplies on the ship to gear up and go ashore, continue the mayhem on land. We gave them plenty of opportunity to give us what we wanted. I want this city to be nothing but a hole in the ground when we’re done.

Take whatever crew is left butleave enough to man the guns and protect the ship from air threats. The gunners should maintain fire on the town.

Scavenge the ships for small, bottle-like containers, materials for fuses, and most importantly, gunpowder and alcohol/flammable liquids. Make as many grenades and Molotov cocktails as we can carry comfortably, and also find some flares, radios to communicate with the ship and any other crew on land/if we split up, and enough firearms of whatever variety we can find to arm the crew. Find medical supplies too, look for painkillers to kill the pain in muh arm.

We are going to go ashore, going building to building, looking to find more weapons and materials for explosives, as well as any other useful resources (rope or the like, small metal things to add to the explosives for unpleasantness, painkillers) to use in our effort against Almelmo, the authorities, and the rest of the wiki-warriors. Set fire to everything, blow up everything we can’t.

Also, reload my gun, 6/6 and 11 bullets in reserve.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2019, 04:45:27 am »

Actively search for other Wiki Warriors and shoot them in the Back
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 63