Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 78174 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #795 on: November 18, 2020, 12:08:58 am »

Author's Note: Sorry for taking so long! To be honest, I actually lost interest in the game for a while. Lost interest in a lot of things. I suffer from anxiety and possibly depression, so it's hard for me to stay motivated. But I'm ready to get back into the swing of things, and I hope that not only the wait is worth it, but that players will join in to experience it with us. :)

Twisted Azalea
Classic
Part VI: Super-Sloth
Valdosta, Georgia
Morning, Sunny, 12/18/2020

Gritting his teeth in anger and pain from the bullet in his arm, blood dripping down onto the ground from it's impact across his flesh, Zachary Harkin shouts out "Chopper team! Chase those Machines! I'm finding that sniper!". He waves his good hand for emphasis and points to the road, leading the Chopper to drive off and begin making a beeline for John and Markus. While it does that, him and the soldiers near him bunker down, ignoring the fight between Morgan and the knife-wielding Android as they go for cover. Zachary himself recovers his dead ally Gunther's rifle and pistol for himself, before seeking out the shooter and other Warriors. [Spot: 2] But suddenly, he and every other Warrior in the vicinity is momentarily distracted as the giant spaceship and all evidence of it just...vanish. Into purple lines of code. In the spaceship's place is what appears to be a human with code waving off his body like smoke, who then just as quickly disappears. Meanwhile, the chopper chases after John and Markus and fires [5 v 6], but narrowly destroys the tarmac behind their car during the chase.

After reversing himself, Bishop Blythe turns back to his earliest ally in the man known as Dairou, who is currently looking across to the house where the soldiers have set up shop. [Magic: 8] With a wave of his hands, Dairou is suddenly coated in a light, glowing gold. "You are now a Martyr under God," he says with a smile. "You shall take the brunt of pain from us." Dairou looks at his hands, bathed in the glow, and clenches them. "Alright, but don't expect me to sit back. I'm a Kombatant, fighting is my mission." With that said and done, George sets the train to ram back against the soldiers. [5 v 8] Unfortunately for him, the soldiers all hear the sound of "Come On Over" by Royal Blood playing over the train intercom, which gives them all time to dive to prone out of the way of the train's grille. [7 v 8] Morgan and JB700 are also out of the way. But at least the train didn't crash this time.

After the assistant dies in front of him from the noxious, biological warfare that just transpired, the King of Castle Peak clenches his fist. "Damn! Curse my non-superior senses!" he calls out, incensed at his own lack of foreknowledge as to what just happened. As the mayor of Valdosta and the rest of the governmental cabinet back away from the doors and go for emergency gas masks under the table, he calls Lancer, ready your forces!" as he readies his own shield. Lancer narrows his eyes, before sliding the blade of his spear against his spear as he activates his Noble Phantasm. From the sparks of the blade, three-hundreds ghostly apparitions of Spartans with glowing golden shields surround Lancer and the King, standing vigil as they lie in wait to attack their terrorist. While this happens, the King suddenly feels relief and victory surge through him.
The King managed to outlast Korol Solo! The King gets +1 Point, as well as:
https://enterthegungeon.gamepedia.com/H4mmer: +H4mmer
In his hand is a gun, but not just any gun. A large revolver-type pistol with 30 rounds within it's cylinder. Well, 29. For some odd reason, the last round appears to just be an average, everyday hardware store hammer. Hmm...

Grabbing the rocks and watching as the danger of the train escapes her, the White Mage sighs in relief as she then cautiously enters the town proper. [Stealth: 6] Luckily, no one really sees her, but she's not exactly subtle either. Wearing bright white, even in alleys, could present a problem. [Spot: 1] Problem number two comes when she cannot find a police station. In fact, it's hard to tell if there even is one close by. There's a city hall, so there must be, but it seems they're getting caught up with something. Presumably.

"What was that?" Weiss calls out as all four members of Team RWBY swivel back to check on the building whose porch they are using for cover. Yang turns back and fires one more barrage on the fleeing helicopter [6-2 (Distance) v 8] which misses, and then says "I dunno, but it definitely didn't sound good. Sis?" Ruby unfolds Crescent Rose's blade, and says "We should see if anyone's caught inside. They might need help. Blake, can you get up high? Keep an eye on things from above?" "Right. Be careful," responds Blake, as she begins to climb up onto the roof, [Athletics: 9] and manages to hop up to be a scout. "Okay... Yang? Wanna knock for us?" says Ruby, leading to a menacing chuckle and the crack of biological knuckles from Yang. [Strength: 8] With a thunderous punch, the doors fly open, revealing...carnage. Survivors with rudimentary gas or face masks crouched down against walls or under desks in a government office environment. Some are fine besides their fear, while others are maimed from the explosion, bleeding at the least and missing limbs at most. And the corpses, far more dead than living. [Spot: 8] It appears that survivors and corpses are all that remains. The perpetrator may be in the gas cloud, but it's hard to tell.

Despite the fact that the Androids are driving up the road, followed by a very angry attack chopper, Thomas Scott and Barney still run away from the scene, looking around for some kind of aid. [Luck: 1] However, as the chopper drives past, a volley accidentally heads straight towards Barney [1 v 10] which he somehow dodges, and then he grabs a fearsome looking rock from the ground and hocks it at the chopper! [10 v 5] It strikes at one side of the cockpit, decapping the statue of the Virgin Mary and de-animating her. The chopper begins to lose control from the blow [Control: 2] but the alarm blares as the sole pilot yells out over comms "SUPREME COMMANDER, I'M GOING DOWN! A D-DAMN BEAR-" before crashing [Recovery: 4] in a salvagable wreck, which still kills him instantly. At that moment, the radio station Thomas was trying to get into opens it's door, and a radio tech points to him and gestures to come inside.

As the chopper crashes behind them, John and Markus drive away, in search of shelter to rest and recuperate. [Spot: 9] Just up the road, they manage to find a shopping mall and parking garage close to Outer Valdosta. Outside of which is a rioting, protesting crowd in support of, from the sound of the jeers, Sherlock Holmes? Odd. As John and Markus pull in to the parking garage, they see numerous Androids around for various needs. Valets and drivers and disposable machines to put away groceries. John and Markus park, and Markus gets out first to recruit these Androids. As he does, some idiot shouts in Russian at him, most likely some anti-Android shit. He begins to lay his hand against them, and say things such as "Wake up...you're free." [Recruitment: 10+2 (Successful Spot] Soon, twelve Androids join the fold. Meanwhile, the ally they already have, JB300, recovers from the punch and goes for Morgan with his knife. [3 v 4] Morgan grabs the Android's wrist and deflects the blow.

Morgan then draws his gun and takes advantage of his close proximity. [1+2 (Point Blank) v 5] He presses the gun to the Android's head, but it pushes him back a bit, causing him to waste two rounds in the drywall. As they fight, Morgan, of his own autonomy, suddenly grabs a kitchen knife of his own! [2 v 1] He lands a shallow cut against JB300's cheek. Meanwhile, Ethan Daine hides in the bedroom and searches for more healthcare items. [Spot: 5] He manages to catch some tweezers and painkillers by the bedside table. [Medical: 1+2 (Painkillers)] While he removes the splinters with ease, he is less-than successful with the bullet in his hip. Despite the painkillers helping, the tweezers are just too small to dig in.

[Stealth: 4] In the mist cloud, the King of Castle Peak and Team RWBY can both hear thuds, footsteps. There is someone there...

Just outside of town, two figures emerge from the North out of the upper level of a mall's parking garage. Jazz musicians Monty Alexander and Herbie Hancock get out of a police car and unload a piano and two rifles from the back.

Elsewhere, on the west side of town, a cast spell causes a giant visage of the combatant's head to be visible over the horizon, before vanishing. Putting away his wand, Gilderoy Lockhart steps up proudly.

BSN: And we're back!

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Edelweiss (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: hector13 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 18, 2020, 12:19:24 am »

Time to stop joking around, cast Prismatic Light on all soldiers and droids in my line of sight, then let my followers handle the soldiers hiding in the building. But not before going balls to the walls and using Hour of Power on all my followers and calling forth a Light Elemental to aid them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:49:52 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 18, 2020, 04:44:54 am »

Staunch the bleeding in my arm with a first aid kit, and order my men to locate a nearby car that we can comandeer. Radio the helicopter to stay on the Androids, and report back what they're doing. If engagement is viable, do so.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 18, 2020, 05:01:23 am »

Fly with my broom to the closest combatant and use Alarte Ascendare on them
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 18, 2020, 07:25:58 am »

Find something in the alley to cover the whiteness of my clothing, then start heading towards any commercial areas in hopes of finding a pawn shop or gun store.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 18, 2020, 09:35:00 am »

"You think you can hide from the King of Castle Peak fiend? Well you cannot!"

attempt to create a temporary localized freezing wind(or at least small blizzard) to blow away the gas. Meanwhile the Spartans(and Lancer) should attempt to spot(and attack if they can) the aggressor

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 18, 2020, 09:52:21 am »

((You forgot to PM me my stuff :o ah well))

Well, Herb, probably not a regular gig for you this time but I’m sure we can get back to normal soon enough.

get in the car, look for a music bar in a rough part of town near the docks, woo all the baddies inside with my super duper piano skills, hire some of them for my quest to murder everyone, then get to the submarine.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 18, 2020, 01:33:09 pm »

((You forgot to PM me my stuff :o ah well))

Well, Herb, probably not a regular gig for you this time but I’m sure we can get back to normal soon enough.

get in the car, look for a music bar in a rough part of town near the docks, woo all the baddies inside with my super duper piano skills, hire some of them for my quest to murder everyone, then get to the submarine.

Sorry! I updated the game late at night and I pretty much crashed out after posting, so I didn't get a chance to PM folks about the turn.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 18, 2020, 03:01:51 pm »

Nah it’s cool, I actually wasn’t sure if that was something you did ‘cause it’s been a while since I was in and, to be completely fair, it’s not really a necessity to do it since you list it  here anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 18, 2020, 04:45:53 pm »

If you were to send PMs I'd recommend you only do it to the ones that haven't posted yet.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 18, 2020, 05:47:24 pm »

If you were to send PMs I'd recommend you only do it to the ones that haven't posted yet.

That's what I was thinking, ye. I usually DM y'all when the new turn goes up, but I think I'll start doing it when people have yet to post. Things only stay bumped for a small time.

Edelweiss

• Bay Watcher
  • I have approximate knowledge of exactly nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 18, 2020, 07:16:37 pm »

"Oh... gods..."

Once again inclined to agree with my teammate's horrified gasp, it takes a second for the shock of the scene to wear off. Once it does, anger takes its place; a familiar fire settling in. Whoever did this is going to pay.

"Ruby."

"R-Right! Uh... we need to get everyone out, and-"

The sound of footsteps from inside the lingering cloud of gas catches our attention. In a flash, Ruby and Weiss have their weapons leveled and ready. When Ruby speaks again, it's much firmer.

"Okay. Listen up! My name's Ruby Rose, and these are my teammates! We're Huntresses, and we're here to help! Everyone who can still run, I really suggest you grab whoever you can and get out! We'll take care of this." She looks to her partner and nods. Weiss nods back; Myrtenaster's revolver spins and locks. Then, a blast of wind Dust bursts forth, hopefully clearing out some of the gas.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 18, 2020, 08:37:42 pm »

Ei, Greatness, how old is my guy? Asking for...reasons that are not at all related to broken ass light spells.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 18, 2020, 08:55:45 pm »

Ei, Greatness, how old is my guy? Asking for...reasons that are not at all related to broken ass light spells.

I have no clue. Looking into George Blyth's article, there is no record as to when he was born, or how old he was when he was ordained (in the year 1887) and when he died (in 1914). However, in my mind's eye when writing and re-reading turns, I imagined your character to be around his 40s - 50s.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 23, 2020, 06:24:45 pm »

((Bump!))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 63