Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 77969 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #870 on: August 25, 2021, 12:26:01 am »

Twisted Azalea
Classic
Part VIII: Smokescreen
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
Morning, Sunny, 12/18/2020

"Ruby!" cries out Yang Xiao Long, as her fingers wrap around cold air. Only a second too late, as Ruby is tackled into the green cloud of poison and vanishes from sight. Bewildered, Weiss looks on with weapon drawn and eyes wide, asking "W-What in the world...?" as she looks on. The raw feeling of panic and worry fades to the burning rage that Yang knows so well. Her eyes snap from lilac to red, and even as the three of them regenerate their Auras from being out of danger (Aura Regen: 2), it's not only not much, but it doesn't change the fact that Ruby is in danger. Swiveling onto her heel, Yang steps out with thunderous steps into the clear outside air. "Weiss," Yang says in a cold, almost tranquil fury, "Blake and I can handle things here. Go find Ruby." Weiss nods, and runs off to try and locate their leader and the monster that took her. [Spot: 7] Luckily, there seems to be some kind of faint trail in the air. Small traces of the fog leading a ways away, south of here. It'll take her a bit to reach Ruby, but she is at least able to be tracked.

Speaking of, Ruby herself stands face to face with the disfigured terrorist himself, the embodiment of Sloth. Shaking off the confusion and "mental cobwebs", as it were, Ruby readies Crescent Rose behind her with a twirl and takes a deep breath. "You've got this," she thinks, "Okay...I can do this!" Ruby smiles confidently, and readies her finger on the trigger. With another breath, she fires, and the recoil launches her with a spinning strike against Super-Sloth! [2+2 (Speed) v 7] She has a second to realize his eyes have widened before he leaps back out of the blade's path, kicking up dust as Ruby misses. Super-Sloth smirks with yellowed teeth, and quickly wags his finger mockingly.

Now having been spotted by the crowd of six powerful Christians wielding the blades of the Lord Almighty, with no helicopter to aid CASEVAC and no car to get clear out of dodge, Zachary Harkin quickly realizes the only option is to bunker the hell down and focus fire on the good Bishop Blythe's covenant. [Take Cover: 4] Unfortunately, the only cover within the area of the poor home that's turned into a blood bath is just to stack up beyond the doorway and under the windows (+2 to Defense against ranged weapons), meaning they're still close to the blade wielding clergymen. Still, they gear up arms, and fire! [8+2 v 8+3 (Stone Skin/Shield)] With a barrage of hot lead, the GDI soldiers open fire, nailing shots on them from their vantage points. However, the Holy magic just wins out, stopping the bullets and bouncing them off. It still clearly rocks them from the kinetic force, but no wounds appear on their bodies, and in their place is a golden glow. [Misfire: 9] Suddenly, Zachary and poor Gunther's Raptor rifle lands on the ground and fires [Accuracy: 6] right into one of the windows of the house, shattering the glass.

Monty Alexander has a plan, but suddenly, his player jacks out of the virtual matrix and he and Herbie Hancock disappear. In their place, the rough and tumble bar bursts into purple flame with the occupants trapped inside. Out of the wreckage walks the ghost, code still wafting off his body. Clean up has just begun. [Thank you for playing, Hector13!]

While Zachary and his men are distracted by the precarious papacy within the small suburban home, the wavering Wizard known as the great Gilderoy Lockhart continues to fly around until he's sure the attention of the Muggle soldiers is off of him. With that done, he suddenly swoops in and vocalizes "Petrificus Totalus!" as he points his wand right at Zachary Harkin himself. [3 v 8] With a subtle spark of silvery energy, the spell flies towards Harkin quickly, only to start to fall from the distance. It lands short and hits open grass, which suddenly shoots up still and falls flatly to the wind instead of the breeze pushing it aside. [Spot: 9] Despite the threat in the house, one of Harkin's soldiers notices. "Sir! The mage is still in the air!" says the soldier, Lt. Fairway. "There's four of us! Perhaps two of us should deal with him?"

With a sneer, face-to-face with the next two victims of the Lord's Judgement, Bishop George Blyth pulls out his blade and readies it before pointing it, tip first, at the door and windows that previously blasted his coven full of the lead of mortal firearms. "Remove those soldiers of darkness from our land, my children. I shall handle the witch above," He says as softly as a sermon, only for his men to let out a battle cry of courage and charge, with Dairou patiently following after them bare-handed. [10+3 (Heroism/Bless) v 2] The first two, Mili and Rollan, move through the open door just as the soldier taking cover by it with Zachary himself raises his sidearm. Mili grabs his wrist and then drives his blade through the man's elbow before twisting the blade until the arm is ripped off by the sword being ripped away. He screams, only for his cries to be cut short by Rollan moving in and stabbing his own sword through the soldier's brain. [6+3 v 2] Lt. Fairway, meanwhile is suddenly kicked hard in the stomach by Luchok as he moves through the window, before Inessa makes her own dive through and drives her blade directly through Fairway's left kneecap, crippling his leg and pinning him to the ground. [4+3 v 1] Valya, all on her own, move through the other window and immediately tanks a shot to her shoulder by the last soldier before simply socking him in the face, using her holy might to break his jaw. Finally, Dairou steps through the house as Zachary moves away from it to give himself space between him and the coven. Dairou, former guard of the Orderrealm, readies into a combat stance. [7 v 7] With a kick into the air, a three-pronged blast of mystical energy known as the Iron Leg flings through the air towards Zachary. With a dive onto the grass, Zachary manages to dodge as it hurls itself through the clear skies. Meanwhile, through all of this, George Blyth slowly steps outside and raises his hand up towards Gilderoy Lockhart. [Magic: 9] [Impact: 4] Suddenly, Gilderoy's joints seem to lock up on him, before he and his broomstick fall towards the ground. With a thud and a cloud of dirt, Gilderoy lands on the ground shoulder-first, bruising it and splitting the skin for a minor cut that soaks through his white undershirt.

Having only just now entered the competition, his genes burning in his body as the ADAM courses through non-Euclidean veins, the Splicer awakens in the fields of Troupville just by the road, and smiles as he begins to walk. Putting his nose to the ground, The Splicer looks for either a gene clinic, or the closest thing that can pass for it. [Spot: 8] Fortunately, as he wanders down South, he comes across a hastily stapled map of the area with a big red circle around Remerton with the words "DON'T GO HERE!" in red by their side. To the south is Remerton itself, what seems to be a suburban area within the main city of Valdosta itself. If there's some kind of laboratory, it would be there. Alternatively, up north is a prison. While not a laboratory, and far more morally incorrect, it would also draw far less attention if ADAM-harvesting and experiments were to take place in the hall of the condemned. Decisions, decisions...

Entering the Valdosta Pawn immediately as it's doors open, the White Mage can see an older, larger gentleman behind the counter, cleaning the front desk with a small tower. [Spot: 7-2 (Casual Glance)] He seems to catch something off about White Mage's body type, being that she's shorter than most normal humans with a slight slouch, but he really doesn't seem to care as he gives a small smile and a nod. "How can I help you?" he asks as the White Mage looks around. [Spot: 9] Luckily, there seems to be an obvious way to distract him: one of the cars out in front of the pawn shop invariably has to be his. Set off the alarm there, and he'll be forced to run out to see the damage. However, before White Mage can do so, she can see someone walk past her out the window. A...man? Or perhaps a woman, someone in a red-colored firesuit, carrying a flamethrower, sweeps across the window. [Sneak v Spot: 10 v 4] Fortunately, the disguise means the Pyro doesn't notice that White Mage is a Wiki-Warrior, and so they walk off.

It's hard not to feel like you're in the presence of a rock legend as the lead singer of Muse, Matt Bellamy, steps out of an airplane in the Valdosta airport with a bow and a quiver full of arrows slung over his back. As he emerges, he sees emergency vehicles and even some military perusing around; it seems that instead of actively stopping the Wiki-Warriors, a disastrously bad idea if ever there was one considering their arcane power and technology, the government, police, medics, and firefighters are instead forcing evacuations and defending the airport from incoming attack. Fortunately, none of them seem to pay any mind to Matt, probably because they're hoping he'll leave. Once he's on the ground, he begins to look across the tarmac to see if he can find ammo for his various weapons. [Spot: 10] Amidst the dropped luggage of the hastily evacuated, Matt easily finds twenty-four more rounds for his revolver, and twelve more arrows! Those are sure to come in handy. After procuring these, he decides to look for the Pyro that's chasing him. [Spot: 10] He can see, with a clear eye, that the Pyro isn't there. But he has a clue as to where the Pyro is; a nearby cop answers a call on his radio. "Copy...a pyromaniac in Remerton? You sure? Okay, I'll go scope the area out. Keep the rest of us evacuating people." He begins to head to his car, right in eyesight of Matt Bellamy.

With a sneer across his features, the King of Castle Peak steps out from the cleared cloud of noxious gas, alongside Lancer and his still-activated Noble Phantasm. Looking around the survivors by the entrance, and Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long, he speaks to them in a deep, but quiet, baritone. "A clever creature... given even a moments reprieve and it escapes. All of you, if you don't want to be sealed in this building when I freeze the hole over, leave now." The masked and panting survivors both nod and flee, running out into the streets of Tom Town, Valdosta with adrenaline in their beings. Blake jumps down by Yang's side as the King begins to conjure Ice Magic in his hands."As for you three, I believe there were four of you before yes? Than the monster took one of you. I can't claim to know where too, but if you can get it within line of sight of this building I will ensure it regrets drawing my ire." He then regards the two of them, before beginning to seal up the hole in the ceiling. [Magic: 6] The ice creates a thin cover over that hole, before he moves to the blown open doors of the entrance, waiting to see if BY stay or go.

Just as Markus' revolution begins to make stride, they suddenly begin disappearing into purple code. The last thing they see before their player is disconnected is the warped smile of what appears to be a Ghost in the Machine. [Thank you for playing, Person!]

On the backswing of Ruby's deadly scythe slash, the unwounded Super Sloth retaliates by aiming his Single Shotgun at the girl. "Clever girl," he responds to the attack, before pulling the trigger and firing the firearm at Ruby. [1 v 4] Using up a bit of her Semblance, Ruby shifts into rose petals, dodges the blast, then reconstitutes herself quick enough to be ready to strike again. Quickly, Super Sloth sling the shotgun over his shoulder and pulls a new toy out of a hip holster: a Karambit combat knife. He spins it around his index finger, then bolts towards Ruby. [8 v 10] Ruby very nearly gets caught with the blade against her chin, but she manages to tip her head back just in time to avoid the slash. [8 v 2] With his free hand, he suddenly shoves her back with his diseased palm against her shoulder, [Balance: 5] making her stand on uneven footing as she recovers.

Suddenly, every Wiki-Warrior sees the sun dim suddenly. The moon begins to hang high in the sky as a terrible, thick fog exudes over their surroundings. Hooks begin to burst from the ground, hanging and dangling, waiting for fresh meat. In the Mud Swamp, to the Southwest of Valdosta proper, a figure emerges. Three bear traps are lugged around in it's stitched-up bag, and this figure is carrying around a large meat cleaver. The Entity has come calling for the Souls of the Wiki-Warriors, and the former Evan MacMillan, now simply known as The Trapper, has come to sacrifice those Souls to it's dark and accursed realm. [Welcome, ArchimedesWojak!]

BSN: I'M BACK! I'm so sorry for all the delays! Lots of stuff was out of my hands. Lack of motivation, depression, computer was being fucky. All sorts of things got in the way, and I'm sorry for making y'all wait so long! But I'm back! Hope you are, too! Let's jam!

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Edelweiss (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The_Two_Eternities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 0cra_Tr0per (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ArchimedesWojak (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 25, 2021, 01:16:47 am »

Have all my men converge on me, and open fire on the bishop. I'll fire too, if I can.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 25, 2021, 11:05:56 am »

(Dayum, the Trapper is shockingly impactful to the state of this game. Well, as said, I will in fact be waiting for Edelweiss before making my action. Does... does that effect apply for all Allies? Because there's some people here who have quite a few of those that are real easy game)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 11:07:44 am by Failbird105 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 25, 2021, 12:10:43 pm »

(Dayum, the Trapper is shockingly impactful to the state of this game. Well, as said, I will in fact be waiting for Edelweiss before making my action. Does... does that effect apply for all Allies? Because there's some people here who have quite a few of those that are real easy game)

No, just allies that are part of Articles, as those tend to be strong enough to essentially be Wiki-Warriors, themselves. So, taking George Blyth (DEMON) as an example: Dairou would provide two points, but his coven would provide no points.

Allies already usually don't provide any points (see NRDL's soldiers), though, so I'm thinking of editing it to just be Wiki-Warriors. I was tired when I finished the turn, so my judgement may have been off.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:29:32 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 25, 2021, 01:07:50 pm »

Order the Bobble Warriors and Dairou to kill the soldiers while the Bishop finishes off the witch himself.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 25, 2021, 01:27:17 pm »

Okay, I've figured it out. Wiki-Warriors usually give one point and Article Allies none. So The Trapper's Sacrifice Objective will net two points Wiki-Warrior and one point for Article Ally.

I think that's fair.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 26, 2021, 04:36:05 am »

See if the guy behind the counter will trade me a rifle and ammo for my angle ring, also stay away from the windows in case the pyro comes back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 26, 2021, 09:57:15 am »

>Go to Remerton and seek out that pyro to kill him.
it's over

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 28, 2021, 06:25:56 am »

Try cast Alarte Ascendare on myself and my broom
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 29, 2021, 04:19:34 pm »

"DON'T GO HERE!"? I am a genetical engineeringer! I heed none of God's warnings, and certainly none of man's! Head south to Remerton and look for a geneticalic engineeringering laboratory there. There's a saying in Georgia - I know it's in Washington, probably in Georgia - that says "tools before test subjects".
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 29, 2021, 06:49:43 pm »

(Oof... so uh, apparently Edelweiss, the person my current action hinges on, was last active more than 4 months ago. Literally the day you posted the previous turn.

Edit: Nevermind apparently! She just responded to my message)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 12:43:33 pm by Failbird105 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 30, 2021, 02:47:25 pm »

(Oof... so uh, apparently Edelweiss, the person my current action hinges on, was last active more than 4 months ago. Literally the day you posted the previous turn.

Edit: Nevermind apparently! She just responded to my message)

Yeah, she's mostly on the Forum just to play this, don't worry. She'll post soon, I'm sure!

In addition to her, I'm also mainly waiting on Archimedes.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 07, 2021, 07:32:30 am »

Sorry for the radio silence! My computer is...acting up. As in, one browser takes twelve clicks to open and lags, while the other crashes, kind of acting up. So doing anything regarding Bay12 has been, erm, difficult. And no, doing it on my phone wasn't an option, that doesn't have the best interface. So, I'm using a different computer we have! Hopefully stuff will speed up, at least relatively.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 08, 2021, 03:19:20 am »

Hopefully you won't be having those kind of issues with that new computer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 21, 2021, 09:24:46 pm »

Hopefully you won't be having those kind of issues with that new computer.

I'm not! It's a family computer, so progress is slow, but I'm working on it!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 63